Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2013, 16:02   #1651
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
...The perception of space is quite poor - probably due to the high windowline, and the protruding headrest design is another negative.
Poor space definitely is a perception, may be caused by the factors you mentioned. As I said, the space is definitely neat, NOT in Sunny leagues though, but suffices at least 80% families. The added cost is another dampener I believe.

I had a problem with under thigh support in the rear too, but then the ONLY vehicle made me happy so far is the Safari!
Old 8th March 2013, 19:28   #1652
BHPian

Went to the local Ford showroom to check out the Figo and the Fiesta (as I'm stuck in the unhappy grey area between hatchback or stretched budget of a sedan).

As part of the March Ford promotions, the dealership was offering insurance free on the Fiesta (for Diesel Titanium - 37443 discount on 2013 VIN), scratch card for 6K, 10K or 15K discount + 10K exchange bonus + a corporate bonus of around 6K. Total savings of around 38K (assuming lowest value on scratch card).

For a 2012 Fiesta Diesel Titanium, available only in White, they were willing to offer a 100,000 flat discount (no insurance offer) + the scratch card for 6K, 10K or 15K discount + 10K exchange bonus + a corporate bonus of around 6K. So total savings of around 122K (again, assuming lowest value on scratch card).

This is their first offer, so wanted to know from other NCR members if they've heard any better offers on the Fiesta. I was assuming that they'd be offering some discounts on 2013 VINs as well?
Old 2nd April 2013, 08:40   #1653
Senior - BHPian

Wanted to change my wifes fiat palio with C category sedan, hence decided to test the new ford fiesta. The nearest dealer in south mumbai was wasan ford, they had a titanium spec in petrol available for test drive. The car was a blast to drive. Unfortunately the dealership was so unenthusiastic about selling the car to me that inspite of telling them that i wanted to make a decision quickly. They did not even call,me back with their best price for a week. Ridiculous!

By that time i was already done with driving the new vento out of the showroom. Too bad for Ford. My feeling is that the dealers have almost given up on the new fiesta and there is just no enthusiasm to sell the car, which is by no means not a bad product at all, but in todays discount world a tad too overpriced.

Last edited by the mole : 2nd April 2013 at 08:42.
Old 24th April 2013, 15:52   #1654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydave View Post
Went to the local Ford showroom to check out the Figo and the Fiesta (as I'm stuck in the unhappy grey area between hatchback or stretched budget of a sedan).

As part of the March Ford promotions, the dealership was offering insurance free on the Fiesta (for Diesel Titanium - 37443 discount on 2013 VIN), scratch card for 6K, 10K or 15K discount + 10K exchange bonus + a corporate bonus of around 6K. Total savings of around 38K (assuming lowest value on scratch card).

For a 2012 Fiesta Diesel Titanium, available only in White, they were willing to offer a 100,000 flat discount (no insurance offer) + the scratch card for 6K, 10K or 15K discount + 10K exchange bonus + a corporate bonus of around 6K. So total savings of around 122K (again, assuming lowest value on scratch card).

This is their first offer, so wanted to know from other NCR members if they've heard any better offers on the Fiesta. I was assuming that they'd be offering some discounts on 2013 VINs as well?
Just curious, did you manage to get any better offers or discounts ?
Old 20th May 2013, 17:01   #1655
BHPian

Guys,

Is it worth going for a 2012 Fiesta Titanium for 11 L on-road price ? Current price is 12.55. This is including extended warranty for 3rd year. Please provide your opinion.

Thanks,
Srinivas.R
Old 20th May 2013, 18:20   #1656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriswe View Post
Guys,

Is it worth going for a 2012 Fiesta Titanium for 11 L on-road price ? Current price is 12.55. This is including extended warranty for 3rd year. Please provide your opinion.

Thanks,
Srinivas.R
The Fiesta is a brilliant car let down mainly by poor interiors. I remember it was being offered at 10.8L(Chennai OTR) in late 2012 under Ford F&F scheme. If I were you I would try to push for another 50k in discounts!!I read somewhere that Ford is not producing Fiesta in 2013 and that a refresh will follow the Ecosport soon. Please keep these points in mind.

EDIT: Sorry that info was wrong Ford is indeed producing Fiestas this year.

Last edited by KINI : 20th May 2013 at 18:22.
Old 22nd May 2013, 08:06   #1657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
Your right, nowadays (atleast 3 months back) it is mostly produced based on orders. They dont have nor keep any inventory in the stockyards except for the cars in the showroom. Hence its nearly impossible to push them to give big discounts despite the lack of sales.
sansvk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2013, 11:35   #1658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
The Fiesta is a brilliant car let down mainly by poor interiors. I remember it was being offered at 10.8L(Chennai OTR) in late 2012 under Ford F&F scheme. If I were you I would try to push for another 50k in discounts!!I read somewhere that Ford is not producing Fiesta in 2013 and that a refresh will follow the Ecosport soon. Please keep these points in mind.

You are right, interiors are a big let down, specially the rear seat :(. Driving comfort is very good and the drive itself is involving. I think they are not going to come below 11 L, I tried asking them on this, but no positive response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
Your right, nowadays (atleast 3 months back) it is mostly produced based on orders. They dont have nor keep any inventory in the stockyards except for the cars in the showroom. Hence its nearly impossible to push them to give big discounts despite the lack of sales.
Yes, for 2013 fiesta (any color), sales guy was telling that it would take minimum of 1 month to get the car delivered.

Thanks,
Srinivas.R
Old 26th May 2013, 23:45   #1659
BHPian

It is about time that I give an update of my Chill ( does anyone have that color?) Fiesta TDCI Titanium. I have completed 8000 Ks yesterday. I will not dwell on the usual points that have been discussed in this forum of the good and the bad of the car. The obvious good is that it is a hoot to drive , definitely more involving than its rivals and its petrol sibling. During the last service TI Ford of Guwahati gave me a petrol Fiesta for the day while mine was being serviced. The difference in response was obvious, I thought even with the turbo lag, the diesel was better to drive. That being said, both cars have real tall gears. This reflects on the low end drivability of the car. When driving through crowded streets the car will stall in the 2nd gear if you come down below 10kmph. One needs to clutch or downshift to the 1st. This can be quite irritating. I have done two highway runs, one to Tinsukia in upper Assam ( 450Ks)and another to Upper Shillong, a hilly stretch. While the highway behaviour of the car is excellent, overtaking needs working on the gears though.Its great to drive on the hills given its handling and great steering. Fuel economy has been excellent throughout, flip side of the tall gears and muted performance. I've been getting an average of 15-16 kmph in the city with AC on. In winter I even manages an average of 20kmpl on a tankfull.
I had a three car pack up in March. The front end was damaged with the bonnet dented, bumper damaged and a headlight smashed. Insurance covers 50% on plastic parts. The front parts all being plastic, I had to shell out about 21000. Parts are very expensive. the chrome grill border on the Titanium costs 13000!

I'm having two nigging problems. The rear left suspension makes a drumming noise whenever it hits particular types of road imperfections such as joints on bridges and highways. The rear shocker was replaced but did not help. Must have it checked when it goes for the next service.

The good ;
1) Excellent handling
2) Excellent steering
3) Excellent fuel economy
4) Very good build quality.
5) Excellent equipment
6) Excellent music system.
7) Excellent front seats
8) Very good tyres

The bad
1) Performance could have been better. A Come down after my Ikon 1.3
2) Costly body parts. Looking at numbers sold, prices will probably stay put
3) Seat material generates lot of static electricity. Gives you a proper shock when you get out of the car. I guess I'll have to get seat covers.
4) I have an issue with the rear seat head restraints. They intrude.

Unlike many other comments here and elsewhere, I think plastic and interior quality is quite good. Will keep posting!

Last edited by Rehaan : 28th May 2013 at 17:25. Reason: Merging to your incomplete post :)
Old 27th May 2013, 00:13   #1660
BHPian

Continuum to my earlier post:

A problem that has cropped up is with the outside temperature sensor. In the initial phase, temperature readings agreed with the true readings reported in the newspapers. After my knock, the outside temperature reading rings true when the car sets off; but as you drive along, the temperature increases by about 5 to 7 degrees. Highest temperature recorded was about 50 when the highest temperature reported for that day was about 34. The body shop could not fix it. Will have to have it checked in the next service.
Old 21st June 2013, 12:09   #1661
BHPian

Fellows, I am in market again to replace my 2010 Fiesta TDCi which is 52k on odo. The primary reason is I am looking at an automatic as my daily drive is 56 km and diesel does do justice, however the 3 to 3.5 hrs commute doesn't do justice to left knee. Hence the search started for automatic. Ruled out diesel as wanted a peaceful drive not that I had a bad one with Ford diesel.

My choice is New FF Powershift. I test drove titanium last weekend in an extended drive. I liked it. The mum on-road is 12.14 and I am being offered 50K discount. I am pushing for more 25 to 50K.

Also considering City V AT. Haven't got the quote yet.

My question - is it that worth to go for 11 + L on new Fiesta? I know it's value for money and loaded with gizmos. Have seen all the reviews and know how Fords drive. What I am looking at is life beyond warranty of 4 yrs. how peaceful that will be.

Also found the following link stating issues with Powershift transmission.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...e-quietly.html

Any one knows anything?

It's heart and mind battle

Heart is with Fiesta
Mind is with City
Old 21st June 2013, 13:32   #1662
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
Any one knows anything?

Heart is with Fiesta
Mind is with City
Honda City has paddle shifters which I don't think is present in Ford Fiesta. Take a test drive of both cars. It is, indeed, a tough call.
Old 21st June 2013, 13:43   #1663
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Fellows, I am in market again to replace my 2010 Fiesta TDCi which is 52k on odo. The primary reason is I am looking at an automatic as my daily drive is 56 km and diesel does do justice, however the 3 to 3.5 hrs commute doesn't do justice to left knee. Hence the search started for automatic. Ruled out diesel as wanted a peaceful drive not that I had a bad one with Ford diesel.
Why not Fluidic Verna diesel automatic? It may be a lakh more (or is it) then City V AT but it is going to pay back in a years time with your kind of usage.
Old 21st June 2013, 14:04   #1664
BHPian

Guys the choice was obvious for me.

Min 5 speed transmission and after Fiesta do you think I can live with not so mature handling of Verna.

Verna has 4 speed box which I hate. If I am paying 12 + why I don't get 5 speed. The same reason I rejected Verna Diesel auto.

If Hyundai can plonk 5 speed auto in Elantra then why can't they in Verna. This was straight no as I don't find that strategy work for me. I hate this attitude of Hyundai.

FORD is providing all the latest gizmos and technology and safety features.
Honda is providing not so latest on gear box or comforts, but then has up market feel to the cabin.

Handling of Fiesta is way ahead of city however city has a much nicer and smoother motor not to forget the sportier paddle shift.

Damn this decision making is becoming difficult day by day.

Editing again - twist in the story

Dealer AVK FORD called me gave me some crap on Titanium will take time or it is delayed due to EcoSport launch as line has been diverted to Ecosport launch of 26Th ( additional info).

I am looking at kinetic Blue colour only and they have style variant in stock from Dec 2012

Long story short - he is ready to give me alloy wheels leather interior and parking sensor provided I pay OTR 11.14 L . I said nope offer me more discount as depreciation against year change. He said he will come back to me.

He said further he can offer me more by offsetting a good resale of old car.

I miss voice activated controls, USB, not sure of blue tooth integration and auto folding mirrors.

Now friends what's your take. Is it good deal?

Last edited by Firebird : 21st June 2013 at 14:22.
Old 21st June 2013, 14:29   #1665
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Heart is with Fiesta
Mind is with City
Between the two, I will recommend the Fiesta – mainly due to the DCT gearbox and safety goodies like the ESP. If you are not in a hurry, probably its worth waiting a couple of months. Once the Ecosport is launched and settled, Ford may look to do some updates to the Fiesta. I don’t believe they would let a competent car to just wither away.

But if you don’t really need the convenience of a big boot, I would recommend the Polo GT TSI above the two options mentioned.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks