Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2012, 01:43   #1621
BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaush666 View Post
When does one know the VIN no. of the car? Chennai Ford says I will get the VIN NO. once I make the full payment and that the Sea Grey car will be blocked for me and invoiced once I pay the booking amount. Is this true?
Agreed with Swiftnfurious. The dealer gets the VIN in the email which shows which all cars were dispatched in a particular consignment. In-fact the customer has every right to see and check the VIN number before payment, during the PDI. You should check and make sure its a newly manufactured unit and not one, which was lying in the dealer's stockyard. What some dealers do is, they will sell the one in their stockyard to the buyer and the the actual one which is coming to the buyer , will be kept in stockyard for next series of customers. I dunno the case with Fiesta, but these type of malpractices do occur. So, customer has right to do PDI and choose the model he wants and then do the payment. Hope this helps.

Anyways, congrats on the new Fiesta and as SwiftnFurious said, choose the color you and your family loves.
akhil_rpmlover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2012, 05:52   #1622
BHPian

Thank you swiftnfurious MPL Ford has agreed to give me the VIN NO. first thing in the morning. I had originally planned for white as I had missed white in all 3 previous cars. Saw s Sea Grey New Fiesta yesterday and decided it was gonna be white for me. The Sea Grey I was hoping would be little matte than metallic but I was wrong. Paprika Red also out of consideration as I already have a similar coloured Punto and it being tough to keep clean and all.

The Diamond White it is. Thank you for your suggestions everyone.

Cheers?
Kaushik
kaush666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2012, 11:52   #1623
BHPian

Hi everybody! Finally took delivery of my “Chill” Ford Fiesta Diesel Titanium. M/S TI Ford, the older dealer in Guwahati delivered the car a few days before the promised date and the delivery process was quick and on time, so didn’t have to take leave on that day. Fitted the essential pack which consists of mud flaps and floor mats. The car comes fitted with pretty much everything! A word on the floor mats. These are of felt and I think that the driver’s side mat could have been bigger. I would ahve preferred rubber as I’m not sure these will dry well during the wet Assam monsoons. I have been a Ford Ikon driver and therefore am used to a car that performs well and has brilliant dynamics. The Fiesta Diesel does not disappoint in the performance department. Very little perceivable turbo lag, punchy midrange and the quietness of the diesel pot as it goes about its business is very satisfying to newbie diesel converts like me. The handling by the taut suspension coupled with fantastic stock tyres is another big plus. So is the new for Frd electronic power steering. While the feedback in comparison to the hydraulic unit in my Ikon is definitely much less, it still talks to the hands, has just the right lightness at low speeds and weighs up imperceptibly at higher speeds. Definitely better than the Verna or the Vento. And oh! What a music system! I’m still appreciating newly noted and heard instruments in my existing music collection. I-pod and I-phone working fine with it. The system accesses the playlists, files, albums etc effortlessly. I’m a happy man.
sanhan10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th December 2012, 23:55   #1624
BHPian

After much ado took delivery of my Fiesta today and boy oh boy I am in love the car already! Such a breeze to drive and very linear power delivery. Need to get used to the gearing though as I tend to upshift earlier. Ownership report for sure and will definitely post good pictures of the car by tomorrow

P.S.The car is a stunner in Diamond White!

Thanks to everyone here at Team-Bhp who helped me out during the purchase.

Cheers,
Kaushik
kaush666 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2013, 11:53   #1625

Quote:
After much ado took delivery of my Fiesta today and boy oh boy I am in love the car already! Such a breeze to drive and very linear power delivery. Need to get used to the gearing though as I tend to upshift earlier. Ownership report for sure and will definitely post good pictures of the car by tomorrow

P.S.The car is a stunner in Diamond White!

Thanks to everyone here at Team-Bhp who helped me out during the purchase.

Cheers,
Kaushik
Hi Kaushik

Do you have the pictures yet?
Old 3rd January 2013, 10:07   #1626
BHPian

I'm sorry. Totally forgot to update the pictures. The car is just a week away from being a month old and has covered a tad over 1800 kms of which 70% has been on the highway. Absolute joy it is to drive this car. The car is on its fourth tankfull of fuel and the range has been pretty good with 700-750 kms on each tank full. Highway cruising is also simply brilliant but haven't had a chance to play with cruise control yet as most of the drives were done in a lil' bit of hurry. The audio system is simply brilliant.

And kudos to Ford for providing such a brilliant steering. It is EXTREMELY light at city speeds and weighs up decently at higher speeds

I feel my Punto's steering to be way heavier now

And as promised here are a few shots of the car and its interiors. Will update with more pictures in some time

Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-dsc_0319.jpg

Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-dsc_0321.jpg

Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-dsc_0299.jpg

Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-dsc_0300.jpg

Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-dsc_0311.jpg
kaush666 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2013, 12:13   #1627

[quote=kaush666;3005559]I'm sorry. Totally forgot to update the pictures. The car is just a week away from being a month old and has covered a tad over 1800 kms of which 70% has been on the highway. Absolute joy it is to drive this car. The car is on its fourth tankfull of fuel and the range has been pretty good with 700-750 kms on each tank full. Highway cruising is also simply brilliant but haven't had a chance to play with cruise control yet as most of the drives were done in a lil' bit of hurry. The audio system is simply brilliant.

And kudos to Ford for providing such a brilliant steering. It is EXTREMELY light at city speeds and weighs up decently at higher speeds

I feel my Punto's steering to be way heavier now

And as promised here are a few shots of the car and its interiors. Will update with more pictures in some time

Nice! Great looking car! Can you please post the initial FE numbers?
Old 3rd January 2013, 23:36   #1628
Distinguished - BHPian

Whoever owns the new Fiesta could provide the periodic service costs? Below format appreciated.

Variant (petrol / diesel) :
Kms done :
Service interval / number (1/2/3...) :
Total cost (regular stuff) :
Accidental repairs or unusual changes & costs :
Old 4th January 2013, 16:13   #1629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishikt View Post
Nice! Great looking car! Can you please post the initial FE numbers?
With my kind of driving style it has been delivering consistently 16 odd kilometers to the liter and I upshift quite late. So with a sedate driving style you could manage more I guess. Today the car has touched 2000 kms. 70% of the distance was on the highways with a constant speed of 120+ and 60-100 for 250 odd kms. The rest of the distance was convered in B2B traffic during peak hours. So 16-17 kpl is pretty decent considering the way its been driven.

P.S. First free service is due in 500 kms. Will see how good Ford A.S.S is and I will update about the servicing costs and experience.

Cheers,
Kaushik
kaush666 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th January 2013, 21:23   #1630
BHPian

Quote:
I'm sorry. Totally forgot to update the pictures.
Congrats on your car and the odo reading is pretty evident how much you love her.

Well, it was your picture then. The last picture , the dash's picture stirred off a bit of discussion in the Ecosport thread regarding, as if it being a scoop from the Ecosport. Anyways, wishing you many miles with her.Hope you will do an ownership report as well, soon.
Old 4th January 2013, 23:14   #1631
Team-BHP Support

I had a TD of the New Fiesta yesterday.

The dealership folks were not really promoting the car. They were asking me to either consider the Classic, or wait for the Ecosport. And they also mentioned that if I am really keen on the Fiesta, it’s better to wait for a few months as Ford is planning a bit of a rejig on this.

On the TD, I found the car excellent on many fronts – great steering, butter-smooth gearshift/clutch, decent ride on sub-par roads, car felt solid and stable, nice black interiors, and excellent stock music system. Power was adequate for doable speeds on Kerala roads. On the negative side, the backseat space was quite compromised, and the rear headrest is a design disaster.

Last edited by vb-saan : 4th January 2013 at 23:17.
Old 5th January 2013, 13:41   #1632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I had a TD of the New Fiesta yesterday.

On the TD, I found the car excellent on many fronts – great steering, butter-smooth gearshift/clutch, decent ride on sub-par roads, car felt solid and stable, nice black interiors, and excellent stock music system. Power was adequate for doable speeds on Kerala roads. On the negative side, the backseat space was quite compromised, and the rear headrest is a design disaster.
These were exactly my thoughts when i did the TD. To add one more thing here, the front seats are awesome and provide great under thigh support. The fiesta is one of most under-rated car in India. With the mouth-watering discounts currently being offered, it's a far better option than the hot-selling fluidic Verna.
Old 5th January 2013, 21:39   #1633
BHPian

^^
+ agree with VB-SAN.
I have taken 3 TDs of this car since June 2012, the last one being 8 days back. Overall the sales force isn't interested in selling it, luke-warm responses.
Great solid car with poor rear seating and plastics (can be ignored). The best deal I could get is 11.76L OTR Bangalore for the high end diesel, with an ex showroom pricing just over 10L which takes it into the next road tax slab.

kaush666, congrats on your new one, its certainly good deal you struck.
Old 5th January 2013, 23:34   #1634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
The dealership folks were not really promoting the car. They were asking me to either consider the Classic, or wait for the Ecosport. And they also mentioned that if I am really keen on the Fiesta, it’s better to wait for a few months as Ford is planning a bit of a rejig on this.Power was adequate for doable speeds on Kerala roads.
It was simply the initial pricing that let it down. And the rear bumper design is another issue . The front looks very Kinetic, but let down by the rear. I still think its the best driver's car in that segment. On another note , Good to see dealers promoting Ecosport already.

Slightly off-topic : You're from Kerala ? Which dealer BTW ?
Old 6th January 2013, 11:21   #1635
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopakabana View Post
These were exactly my thoughts when i did the TD. To add one more thing here, the front seats are awesome and provide great under thigh support. The fiesta is one of most under-rated car in India.
Yes, the front seats are indeed great. If the car is always self-driven, this is indeed a good option in this segment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
+ agree with VB-SAN.
I have taken 3 TDs of this car since June 2012, the last one being 8 days back. Overall the sales force isn't interested in selling it, luke-warm responses.
Great solid car with poor rear seating and plastics (can be ignored).
Plastics are not something which I was too much worried of. It may not be plush/soft touch, but looked durable. The TD car was around 20,000 kms old. As I mentioned earlier, the rear-seat setup is the biggest deterrent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover View Post
Slightly off-topic : You're from Kerala ?
Yes, from Kerala

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks