Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2012, 07:24   #1501
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Looking forward to your ownership report.

In the meanwhile, i did spot two New Fiestas in Porto Alegre, Brazil. The differences i spot are
a. The front fog lamps are different, with no chrome Bezel
b. The tail lamps are much better with reverse lamps on both sides
c. Interiors seem to be same

The slipping noise from the steering has been increasing slowly and shows its ugly head out only at crawling speeds. I would take it to the service station once i am back in India.

@ Sugeeta - Do you get any such noise from the steering (as if the wheels are turning intermittently inspite of smooth continuous rotation of the steering) at crawling speeds.
Old 24th May 2012, 23:00   #1502
BHPian

Friend of mine is looking to book either a Fiesta or Rapid this weekend in Pune. Think there are three different showrooms in Pune for Ford. Any suggestions on what's the one to go to?
For the Skoda a fellow Bhpian suggestion was Europa.
Old 25th May 2012, 10:26   #1503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV View Post
Friend of mine is looking to book either a Fiesta or Rapid this weekend in Pune. Think there are three different showrooms in Pune for Ford. Any suggestions on what's the one to go to?
For the Skoda a fellow Bhpian suggestion was Europa.
There are two Ford dealers in Pune, with six showrooms. Refer the link below from Ford India website. I would suggest to go for the dealer whose showroom/service centre is near to his place of residence, so that you don't have to travel long distances when you need to visit the service centre.

http://www.india.ford.com/servlet/ContentServer

Planet Ford

685 2B & 2C ' Sharda Arcade'
Bibwewadi Corner
Pune Satara Road
Pune - 411037
Ph:020- 30414343
Fax: 20-3041 4242

Planet Ford

No.47,Royal Chambers, Plot No.7B,
Paud Road, Pune - 411 038
Ph. No. 020 - 30239000

Talera Ford

3 A National Games Road
Gunjan Cinema Complex
Yerwada
Pune - 411006
Ph:020- 66013191-95
Fax: 020-26695465
Email: sales@taleraauto.com

Talera Ford

Survey No.4 & 5 Nigdi, Opp. to Nigdi
Police Chowky,Near Srikrishna Mandir,
Old Bombay - Pune Road,
Pune - 411044
Phone No.0-8805500088
Email: sales@taleraauto.com

Talera Ford

Talera Eastate, Gate no : 2326,
Pune nagar road,
Pune - 412207.
Phone No. - 020 - 66029090/66012568/69/70
Fax No.-020-66012567
Email: service@taleraauto.com

Talera Ford

Survey No. 278, Tanaji Nagar,
Near Darshan Hall, Pimpri Chinchwad Link Rd, Chinchwad
Pune, MAHARASHTRA 411033.
Tel No: 020-64107788-99
Fax: 020-2746339
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2012, 10:34   #1504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
There are two Ford dealers in Pune, with six showrooms. Refer the link below from Ford India website. I would suggest to go for the dealer whose showroom/service centre is near to his place of residence, so that you don't have to travel long distances when you need to visit the service centre.
Since he feels Pune isn't a very big city, he wants to know which dealer from the "good experience" point of view.
By the way he stays in Baner.

Last edited by AvinashV : 25th May 2012 at 10:34. Reason: Missed point
Old 25th May 2012, 10:49   #1505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV View Post
Since he feels Pune isn't a very big city, he wants to know which dealer from the "good experience" point of view.
By the way he stays in Baner.
In that case my apologies, as I don't have first hand experience with any of these dealers. Someone who has purchased his Ford car from any of these would be in a better position to comment.
Old 25th May 2012, 19:43   #1506
BHPian

I bought my fiesta from talera ford in 2006. I can say that I haven't been particularly disappointed. I chose talera because a friend who had bought his fiesta from planet ford was very dissatisfied with them, so I had ruled out planet ford. However based on what I have heard from my other friends they are both similar and there are mixed reviews, so I think they are equally good or bad. Talera's service centre is quite far from the city (wagholi) whereas planet ford has service centre on satara road, so that might be a factor for some. As AutoIndian has suggested, your friend should take a call based on the distance, and also based on overall showroom experience, price, discounts etc. offered. Hope this helps.

Last edited by MandarMax : 25th May 2012 at 19:44.
MandarMax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2012, 16:19   #1507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandarMax View Post
I bought my fiesta from talera ford in 2006. I can say that I haven't been particularly disappointed. I chose talera because a friend who had bought his fiesta from planet ford was very dissatisfied with them, so I had ruled out planet ford. However based on what I have heard from my other friends they are both similar and there are mixed reviews, so I think they are equally good or bad. Talera's service centre is quite far from the city (wagholi) whereas planet ford has service centre on satara road, so that might be a factor for some. As AutoIndian has suggested, your friend should take a call based on the distance, and also based on overall showroom experience, price, discounts etc. offered. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the detailed reply MandarMax, Friend ended up booking a Rapid from Europa Wakad. One of the reasons being it was close to his place (Baner) along with the price difference between the mid version of Rapid & Fiesta Style.
Old 12th June 2012, 15:30   #1508
BHPian

Dear all,

I am posting on the forum after a very long time and it is apt that my return to this forum is with sharing a good news! I am a proud owner of NFF Petrol (coloriamond White, Variant: Trend; 2011 December model) in May and got v.good discount. Actually I have been drawn towards the excellent NFF review by Rehaan, brilliant is the word for the review (rated 5-stars) and must have read thru NFF review posts countless times. This also made me do test drives of NFF (petrol/diesel; manual/auto dual clutch) many times and finally made up my mind when I had to buy a car under my company's corporate car scheme. I have test driven few other cars in the segment like Honda City, Skoda Rapid, New Hyundai Verna, VW Vento before deciding for NFF. I ruled out diesel car as my driving is about 25-30 km day, 6 days a week with ocassional highways drives only.
This is my first Ford car and must say I am loving it! I hope my fellow NFF owners on the forum will extend welcome in their cozy but restricted NFF owners' club! I look forward to hearing from t-bhpians, should there be any questions..detailed ownership report and pics to follow! My initial observations are as follows: excellent ride, handling, steering, breaking, seating position and fantastic NVH levels & ICE! yes, power and torque figures could be better and so does the interiors esp in rear but given all that it has I am pleased with the buy.
Old 13th June 2012, 11:55   #1509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshOnTheRocks View Post
Dear all,

I am posting on the forum after a very long time and it is apt that my return to this forum is with sharing a good news! I am a proud owner of NFF Petrol (coloriamond White, Variant: Trend; 2011 December model) in May and got v.good discount. Actually I have been drawn towards the excellent NFF review by Rehaan, brilliant is the word for the review (rated 5-stars) and must have read thru NFF review posts countless times. This also made me do test drives of NFF (petrol/diesel; manual/auto dual clutch) many times and finally made up my mind when I had to buy a car under my company's corporate car scheme. I have test driven few other cars in the segment like Honda City, Skoda Rapid, New Hyundai Verna, VW Vento before deciding for NFF. I ruled out diesel car as my driving is about 25-30 km day, 6 days a week with ocassional highways drives only.
This is my first Ford car and must say I am loving it! I hope my fellow NFF owners on the forum will extend welcome in their cozy but restricted NFF owners' club! I look forward to hearing from t-bhpians, should there be any questions..detailed ownership report and pics to follow! My initial observations are as follows: excellent ride, handling, steering, breaking, seating position and fantastic NVH levels & ICE! yes, power and torque figures could be better and so does the interiors esp in rear but given all that it has I am pleased with the buy.
Many Congratulations. Driving this car will be an enjoyable experience for sure.

@MAS; time for us to re-run a census of the NFF owners on the Forum.
Sugeeta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2012, 13:28   #1510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
Many Congratulations. Driving this car will be an enjoyable experience for sure.

@MAS; time for us to re-run a census of the NFF owners on the Forum.
Dear Sugeeta,

Many thanks for your kind wishes! Appreciate your revert. Yes driving NFF has been an enjoyable experience so far and while going to office or coming back it always puts me in right mood both before and after the drive and I feel all's well with the world!

I have read and followed your comments and report of the NFF time and again as well as @MAS, @Mustang and @StarrySky(hope I got that right). Must say Ford has one of its ardent supporters in you given the history of Ford cars you have patronised. Hope your NFF Diesel is serving you well.

It will be great to know how many people on the forum owns NFF..Diesel & Petrol put together..May our tribe go from strength to strength! People do have the right to drive better cars, you see

Last edited by AshOnTheRocks : 13th June 2012 at 13:29.
Old 13th June 2012, 14:00   #1511
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshOnTheRocks View Post
I am posting on the forum after a very long time and it is apt that my return to this forum is with sharing a good news! I am a proud owner of NFF Petrol
Congratulations AshOnTheRocks! Please do start an ownership thread on your New Fiesta. We don’t have many of those here

Note: You may want to refer the car as New Fiesta instead of NFF. Not sure if you are aware – acronyms for car names are not allowed on the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
Driving this car will be an enjoyable experience for sure.
How is it going with your Fiesta? Not seen any updates for a while.
Old 13th June 2012, 22:36   #1512
BHPian

[quote=vb-san;2807452]Congratulations AshOnTheRocks! Please do start an ownership thread on your New Fiesta. We don’t have many of those here

Thanks @vb-san. I do intend to start ownership thread sooner than later! I promise..just need some "me" time to gather my thoughts and put it together properly..office leaving me no time.

Note: You may want to refer the car as New Fiesta instead of NFF. Not sure if you are aware – acronyms for car names are not allowed on the forum.

Sure, will do! New Fiesta..it is . Mods, regret using the acronym.
AshOnTheRocks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2012, 06:46   #1513
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Folks, Is there a separate TBHP Offical Review of the Ford Fiesta Classic ? My search only yielded this Review thread of the New Fiesta launched in 2011

Any help is much appreciated.
Old 28th June 2012, 08:40   #1514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Folks, Is there a separate TBHP Offical Review of the Ford Fiesta Classic ?
I dont think so since the official reviews were started in 2011 I guess. Till then it was the individual BHPians who posted their ownership and test drive reviews. You can serach for ownership reviews of nairrk, vnabhi, Lamborghini, frankmehta and other BHPians. They are very similar to the official TBHP review.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2012, 09:27   #1515
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I dont think so since the official reviews were started in 2011 I guess. Till then it was the individual BHPians who posted their ownership and test drive reviews. You can serach for ownership reviews of nairrk, vnabhi, Lamborghini, frankmehta and other BHPians. They are very similar to the official TBHP review.
How could you forget one of the most amazing reviews on the forum done in 2010 which made me join the forum the very next moment. Yes the Toyota fortuner still stays one of my personal favourites.

Sorry for being .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks