Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2012, 14:15   #1486
BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Just stumbled upon this interesting article in Livemint.

Ford to slash Fiesta prices by 1 Lakh. Full article @ Ford to slash Fiesta price by Rs 1 lakh - Corporate News - livemint.com

The new Fiesta’s petrol version will now be available for a base price of Rs. 7.23 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi) and the diesel version will start at Rs. 8.99 lakh. The firm, which will announce its new pricing strategy on Wednesday, will also reduce the number of Fiesta variants on offer.

Even ford india website is now updated with just 6 variants. Variants & prices (ex-Delhi) below for a quick reference.

Petrol - Ambiente (7.23L)

Petrol - Titanium+ (8.85L)

Pertrol - Style AT (8.99L)

Petrol - Titanium+ AT (9.73L)

Diesel - Style (8.99L)

Diesel - Titanium+ (9.99L)

Last edited by naut : 14th March 2012 at 14:19. Reason: Adding more information
Old 14th March 2012, 15:48   #1487
BHPian

Here are 2 comparos. First one is a comparison of fiesta prices before and after the re-jig. Please note that the old ex-showroom delhi prices are an estimate and may not be accurate. I hope they are not way off.

Second one is a price comparo of models across different manufacturers. I just tried to collate the prices from different threads. May not be accurate to this day. My sincere apologies. But should give a general idea about the positioning of various models.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-pricecomparo2.jpg  

Attached Images

naut is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th March 2012, 16:49   #1488
BHPian

Better late than never. Ford has done a good thing at least now. But now doing the market penetration would be tough. Anyway this is a good learning experience for Ford. Now I hope they will price Ecosport very reasonably
Old 19th March 2012, 14:56   #1489
Senior - BHPian

Had a chance to drive my friend's brand new Titanium+ Fiesta diesel for around 2 KMs in the city. Here are my observations.

What I liked.

1. Excellent NVH supression. The car felt more silent than my petrol Fiesta (2010) model.

2. Almost zero turbo lag. The motor had almost petrol like response.

3. Good dash board layout and front seat. Good seating position.

Could not test the ride, handling as the drive was inside city

What I did not like.

1. Interior plastics and colour - especially the ones on the door trim

2. Rear seats - Felt less spacious than my previous generation Fiesta.
Old 19th March 2012, 15:27   #1490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
Had a chance to drive my friend's brand new Titanium+ Fiesta diesel for around 2 KMs in the city. Here are my observations.

What I liked.

1. Excellent NVH supression. The car felt more silent than my petrol Fiesta (2010) model.

2. Almost zero turbo lag. The motor had almost petrol like response.
CARDEEP - , the lag is there but only if you are in wrong gear... slot in the lower gear & it will fly

3. Good dash board layout and front seat. Good seating position.
CARDEEP - It was futuristic when planned/ designed (read Nokia phone inspired dash layout, but IMO it looks old & fussy already

Could not test the ride, handling as the drive was inside city
CARDEEP - When I test drove the suspension was super taut & must say excellent. I felt as if I could easily take a U-turn without caring about the speeds I was travelling

What I did not like.

1. Interior plastics and colour - especially the ones on the door trim
CARDEEP - Not only the plastics are workman like (read no premium feel), the quality is lower than the Fiesta it replaces.
2. Rear seats - Felt less spacious than my previous generation Fiesta.
CARDEEP - Add to this the invasive head restrains in the rear seats.
Please see my comments as well in Bold+Italics
Old 19th March 2012, 15:55   #1491
Senior - BHPian

Good point on the rear seat head restraints. I personally feel this waterfall type headrest is more of a inconvenience compared to the other normal design (any technical name for it?). After a while your neck starts paining, not to forget they are pretty hard which by itself is a little uncomfortable IMO.
Old 20th March 2012, 11:31   #1492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
One of my friends is in the market for a C-segment sedan and today three of us had a look and the Fiesta and took a TD. The moment I was inside the Fiesta, I remembered the following point from the official TD:

The three of us kept our thoughts to ourselves during the TD. When we discussed afterwards, we had the same opinion about the interiors and the ride quality. My thought was that if I had 11.5L to spend (Kochi OTR price for Fiesta diesel Titanium+), then I'd rather spend it on the Vento TDI HL (just for the interiors) - though it lacks a few features. The same thought was shared by my friends as well. If the VW guys get off their high horse, we will take a Vento TD on the same road that we used today and compare it to Linea and Fiesta.
Awaiting your TD of Vento.

In between, how rear seat space? Lets say wrt to Linea, SX4 ?
And Linea vs Ford power delivery ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
Please check the vibrations on the clutch pedal when you drive the Vento. I HATED it. Actually, I initially test-drove the 2011 version, and I thought the vibrations were part of the older (abused) test drive car. Then I test drove the 2012 HL (with steering mounted controls), and I felt the same irritating vibration in the 2012 version also. That was the end of road of Vento for me.

VW have raised the price of Vento so much here in Bangalore that it simply doesnt make sense. The HL with leatherette seats is 12.64L OTR and without the leatherette seats it is 12.04L. I cannot justify paying that much for a Vento which can seat only 4, unless you can find a bakra to sit over the mound in the form of transmission tunnel.
Lol, liked the bakra part . Would you get the Ford?
Old 20th March 2012, 13:45   #1493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Awaiting your TD of Vento.

In between, how rear seat space? Lets say wrt to Linea, SX4 ?
And Linea vs Ford power delivery ?
I could not accompany my friend when he took the TD of the Vento. He took a fairly long TD along with his family and is now a happy Vento owner.

Regarding rear seat space on the Fiesta, it's nothing special. It's less than the Vento, probably a shade less than the Linea as well. I don't remember about the SX4, I TD'd that for another friend just after the diesel version was launched. I felt the handrest on the Fiesta's rear seat is not at the right height - it's a bit too low atleast for me.

As for power delivery, my friend who was used to petrol cars found the power delivery on the Fiesta to be better. I didn't really feel much of a difference. I guess my experience of driving my Punto for over 1.5 years helped me to use the Linea's MJD better.
Old 20th March 2012, 17:06   #1494
BHPian

There are definitely more Fiestas on the roads now; don't know whether that can be attributed to the price cuts. I see many whites, some silvers, a few kinetic blues (wow) but only one panther black till date.
Old 20th March 2012, 20:31   #1495
BHPian

I too see a few more Fiestas on the road now. I have seen mostly black ones. But, all I have seen are petrol. Wonder if they still have production issues with the diesel. Anyway my car is running excellent and I am extremely pleased with my purchase.
@StarrySky: I am surprised when I read you find the rear armrest a bit low as the complaint from many on the forum is that it is placed too high! I personally do not find it to be a bother; I guess that's because of my height. Regarding rear seat space, that is no doubt meant for 2 and not 3 (a major weakness).
carfreak77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2012, 22:19   #1496
Distinguished - BHPian

Hope they work on the quality of plastics also and gives us a much more premium looking car even with a slight increase in prices. Between, are you guys aware whether Ford is taking some feedback for the new Fiesta as to what (prospective) customers like & don't like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi.kedlaya View Post
Second one is a price comparo of models across different manufacturers. ...But should give a general idea about the positioning of various models.
That's some effort!

IMO, it would have been much better if we had compared the variants matching the features [well, the ones match almost same]. Though Fiesta has positioned Style as the entry variant, I guess it's so loaded with features that it competes with SX variant of Verna which is a middle variant & similarly for other brands.

This comparo will suddenly show Fiesta as an expensive option compared to the other sedans variant to variant based on positioning though it packs much more punch [in terms of features] than other brands!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 20th March 2012 at 22:21.
Old 21st March 2012, 01:31   #1497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post

Lol, liked the bakra part . Would you get the Ford?
Got a White New Ford Fiesta Titanium+ TDCi - Loving it! I need to post an ownership report soon!
Old 21st March 2012, 05:43   #1498
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got a White New Ford Fiesta Titanium+ TDCi - Loving it! I need to post an ownership report soon!
Congrats on your new Ford Fiesta Titanium +. A great choice of a car and a nice choice of colour.

I am missing my Fiesta as i am travelling for this entire month. I am in Brazil and am yet to spot a new Fiesta.
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2012, 11:47   #1499
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations. Would look forward to your review.
Old 23rd March 2012, 02:02   #1500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Congrats on your new Ford Fiesta Titanium +. A great choice of a car and a nice choice of colour.

I am missing my Fiesta as i am travelling for this entire month. I am in Brazil and am yet to spot a new Fiesta.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
Congratulations. Would look forward to your review.
Thanks MAS and Sugeeta! Took the car a couple of weeks ago! Will try and complete my review / report over the weekend! The car is super fun!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks