Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2012, 18:47   #1396
BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimoo View Post
We took delivery of a Moondust Silver Fiesta Titanium+ Petrol last week. One more new Fiesta on Team Bhp. Supposed to go for a diesel but the offer we got on the Petrol was too good to resist. 9.75 on road for the Titanium+. We saw no point in spending 3 lakhs more for the Diesel.
Which dealer in Hyd did you get this deal - Mody or Fortune?
Old 10th January 2012, 20:46   #1397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimoo View Post
We took delivery of a Moondust Silver Fiesta Titanium+ Petrol last week. One more new Fiesta on Team Bhp. Supposed to go for a diesel but the offer we got on the Petrol was too good to resist. 9.75 on road for the Titanium+. We saw no point in spending 3 lakhs more for the Diesel.
Man, you basically got the car at the ex-showroom price. Thats a pretty good deal for the fiesta. So you basically got close to 1.35L off. Maybe we can expect the diesel titanium to have approximately the same or more discount in the near future. Hows the car doing?
Old 11th January 2012, 00:14   #1398
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Guys

Sorry for the delay in getting my Ownership report posted. I have been caught up with a lot of work and hope to pen things down this weekend. Have driven the car for about 100 kms in the past one week. Took the car to 3M Chennai and got her sun films + underbody coating (5 years warranty).

Meanwhile, some not-so-good developments with the new car

- the car has some real bad parts, like the window's rubber beadings. The rear right window could not be wound back (ofcourse Power windows) as the beading got twisted. This was the first time I had used the window glass.
- rusted parts all over the car; the steering shaft rod joint, the silencer clamp. Today I found the engine clamp and the exhaust system from the engine rusted.

Frustrated to see these issues in a less than a week old car (Manufactured in Nov 2011), I wrote an email to Mr. Micheal Boneham along with photos of the bad parts and copied it to MPL Ford. Got a reply from Ford within 45 minutes that the issue has been taken up with MPL. I got a call from MPL Ford's General Manager, Mr. Karthick that he along with the Vice President-Service would like to meet me tomorrow. I had already planned for my first long drive tomorrow. Will be taking the car to Ambur and return in the night. The meeting is now on Thursday Morning. Not sure what they are proposing, but I would insist on replacing the rusted parts.

Other than this, no major issues as of now. What do you guys suggest I need to do? Would appreciate your valuable inputs...

Will post the pictures, copies of email communication and keep this thread updated about my long drive and Thursday's meeting with MPL Ford.

Last edited by MAS : 11th January 2012 at 00:22.
MAS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 00:31   #1399
BANNED

@MAS - Twisty beadings are a common issue with cars after you get the sunfilm done up. It happens when the beading is tight and the sunfilm is of a thicker make. It had happened with my fusion also. It will shortly start making noises also.
Mustang.101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 07:44   #1400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
@Mas,

Sad to hear that the new car has some issues already. Just wondering whether you did not notice the same during the PDI. Good thing that you wrote to Ford and even better when they responded back (they had to I guess). Request you to start your ownership thread and continue the discussion there rather in this thread.
Old 11th January 2012, 08:02   #1401
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

- the car has some real bad parts, like the window's rubber beadings. The rear right window could not be wound back (ofcourse Power windows) as the beading got twisted. This was the first time I had used the window glass.
- rusted parts all over the car; the steering shaft rod joint, the silencer clamp. Today I found the engine clamp and the exhaust system from the engine rusted.

Frustrated to see these issues in a less than a week old car (Manufactured in Nov 2011), I wrote an email to Mr. Micheal Boneham along with photos of the bad parts and copied it to MPL Ford. Got a reply from Ford within 45 minutes that the issue has been taken up with MPL. I got a call from MPL Ford's General Manager, Mr. Karthick that he along with the Vice President-Service would like to meet me tomorrow. I had already planned for my first long drive tomorrow. Will be taking the car to Ambur and return in the night. The meeting is now on Thursday Morning. Not sure what they are proposing, but I would insist on replacing the rusted parts.

Other than this, no major issues as of now. What do you guys suggest I need to do? Would appreciate your valuable inputs...

Will post the pictures, copies of email communication and keep this thread updated about my long drive and Thursday's meeting with MPL Ford.
That’s quite disappointing. Surprised that you missed these issues (especially the rust bit) in your detailed PDI. Instead of negotiating to replace the rusted parts, you should ask them to replace the car. Pricing the car at a premium is understandable, if they are providing the quality. But getting something substandard for the money is hard to digest.

Hope the issues get resolved soon. All the best for the meeting on Thursday!

Note: Strangely, Mr. Boneham / Nigel Wark etc. keep repeating the word ‘premium product’ in every other interview. No wonder the whole advertising campaign always highlighting on the voice controls and steering feel.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 10:45   #1402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys

What do you guys suggest I need to do? Would appreciate your valuable inputs...
Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Instead of negotiating to replace the rusted parts, you should ask them to replace the car.
Having rusted parts all over the car is not at all a good sign. Its possible that this car was lying idle in the yard for a long time and got allotted to you.

I agree with vb-san's suggestion. You HAVE to tell them to replace the car ASAP. If there was one rusted part, then it would have made sense, but since you say its all over the car, you must a get a new car altogether.

Just take the car and park it at the dealer and tell them to replace it.
Old 11th January 2012, 16:39   #1403
BHPian

Got a call from NCR Ford today. Their Fiesta Diesel also comes with a flat 50k cash discount offer. May be useful to bargain hard if anyone is going to book anytime soon.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 12th January 2012 at 10:16. Reason: corrected construction.
Old 12th January 2012, 01:54   #1404
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Just back from a one day trip. Clocked 533 kms today. Fell in love with the car once again . Had a relaxed drive.

Good bits
- The cruise control is a very useful feature while driving on the highway.
- Absolutely silent drive
- EPS a pleasure to drive in congested roads inside Ranipet, Melvisharam, Ambur, Gudiyattam and Pernambut (for people who know how congested these places are)
- Excellent music system
- Bluetooth a very useful feature (thank God i upgraded to a Titanium +)
- No squeaks whatsoever (Touchwood)
- Car felt super solid
- Mileage 21.27 kms/Litre of Diesel (4.7 Litre/100 kms on an average for the trip)
Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-img00444201201120043.jpg

Bad bits
- None

Things that are of concern
- Headlights - Though adequate are not as bright as the 100/90 bulbs i had on the Fusion
- Steering is much lighter than the Fusion. Would need getting used to this.
- Reversing still a challenge

First long trip and also got to experience heavy rains on the way back. My Odo shows 723 kms now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
@MAS - Twisty beadings are a common issue with cars after you get the sunfilm done up. It happens when the beading is tight and the sunfilm is of a thicker make. It had happened with my fusion also. It will shortly start making noises also.
The window got stuck before the sunfilm was stuck. This was the first time the window was wound down to the lowest point and could not be wound up.
During the PDI i just checked the power windows by lowering them to the half way mark.

The picture shows the badly fitted beading which has twisted internally preventing the window (Note: No Sun Films yet) from rolling up.
Rear Right Window.pdf

I never imagined that this could be a problem with a car that costs almost 1.3 Million Rupees. The rubber quality all round is really bad, very tacky and bleeds carbon black when cleaned with wet cloth. Even my 10 year old Santro has better rubber parts.

I had taken the car to 3M in Chennai and they did a great job. Requested them to fix the sun films without removing the panels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@Mas,

Sad to hear that the new car has some issues already. Just wondering whether you did not notice the same during the PDI. Good thing that you wrote to Ford and even better when they responded back (they had to I guess). Request you to start your ownership thread and continue the discussion there rather in this thread.
I was surprised myself. I did a thorough PDI, but never imagined in the wildest of my dreams (or nightmares) that these issues would crop up in a one month odd old car (November manufactured and i did the PDI in December).

Ford was quick to come back on my mail. Ford's customer service managers are quick to respond, but i am yet to see any action from their end.

I am sorry that i am posted this information on a common thread. I will get the ownership thread started this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
That’s quite disappointing. Surprised that you missed these issues (especially the rust bit) in your detailed PDI. Instead of negotiating to replace the rusted parts, you should ask them to replace the car. Pricing the car at a premium is understandable, if they are providing the quality. But getting something substandard for the money is hard to digest.

Hope the issues get resolved soon. All the best for the meeting on Thursday!

Note: Strangely, Mr. Boneham / Nigel Wark etc. keep repeating the word ‘premium product’ in every other interview. No wonder the whole advertising campaign always highlighting on the voice controls and steering feel.
I did a thorough PDI and as mentioned above i was myself surprised to find this stuff (or rather how i missed this stuff). I never anticipated such issues after having owned a Ford earlier and also when the VIN tells you that the car is one month old. Will speak to the MPL guys tomorrow (today?!) and post the discussions.

Over all the car is good to own. It would have been a delight to own if Ford were not so stingy with spending money on their "Premium" offering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Having rusted parts all over the car is not at all a good sign. Its possible that this car was lying idle in the yard for a long time and got allotted to you.

I agree with vb-san's suggestion. You HAVE to tell them to replace the car ASAP. If there was one rusted part, then it would have made sense, but since you say its all over the car, you must a get a new car altogether.

Just take the car and park it at the dealer and tell them to replace it.
In December, I was given the luxury of choosing a car from three Moon Dust Silver Titanium Plus cars. I got the VIN of the three cars. Two of them (including mine) were manufactured in November and one of them was in December. Hence the cars were less than 2 months old and were not lying idle in the yard for a long time.

Since two of the three cars had been a "showroom piece" for some time and had clocked over 100 kms, i choose the one with the least kms (36 kms).

I would first hear them out tomorrow and then according to what they propose, would put forward my demands.

Guys, thank you very much for your support. I feel proud to be a Team-Bhpian...
Old 13th January 2012, 15:49   #1405
BHPian

Quote:
Guys

Sorry for the delay in getting my Ownership report posted. I have been caught up with a lot of work and hope to pen things down this weekend. Have driven the car for about 100 kms in the past one week. Took the car to 3M Chennai and got her sun films + underbody coating (5 years warranty).

Hi MAS; I have not been very active on the Forum for the last few weeks. This is the time of the year I review the budget and manpower plans for my business unit. But I have been actively following this thread over BB. After reading this post last night, opened the bonnet to check. Dd not find any visible rusting. I have not had any sunfilm installed; the beading though looks tacky for the cost of the car has been holding out fine - no niggles.

In the picture posted by you on this page, I see a blue light display oin the middle. What is this? I do not have the manual with me right now. That part in my car's display remains blank. Now I need to figure out what is missing out there.
Old 13th January 2012, 16:12   #1406
BHPian

Maàm I think the blue light display is that of the "Fog Light On". Please check and correct me.
Old 13th January 2012, 16:20   #1407
Team-BHP Support

That blue light is for high beam ON. It is to indicate that your high beam is on. I'm sugeeta doesn't use High beam at all.
Old 13th January 2012, 16:34   #1408
BHPian

Thanks Yamahead; Vid6639.

Let me check today. No; I rarely use the high beam. Maybe ocasionally on desolate stretches of highway.

The sign seemed to be apparently indicative to high beam; but in my old Fiesta, it used to appear on the main lights indicating cluster; hence the confusion.
Old 14th January 2012, 10:11   #1409
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
After reading this post last night, opened the bonnet to check. Dd not find any visible rusting. I have not had any sunfilm installed; the beading though looks tacky for the cost of the car has been holding out fine - no niggles.
There is no rust in the bonnet when seen upfront. It is below the big plastic cover and behind the aluminium heat shield below the plastic cover. The picture below shows the rust formed.
Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-dscf1797optimized.jpg

MPL Ford personnel had come in a Fiesta and checked the car. They told me that the parts mentioned by me are made of Cast Iron and would rust as it is exposed to the atmosphere. I told them that if that was the case, then why use Cast Iron in the first place.

I checked the Fiesta they had brought and it had rust on the parts i had complained about.

The beading is very tacky and attract a lot of dust.

Quote:
In the picture posted by you on this page, I see a blue light display oin the middle. What is this? I do not have the manual with me right now. That part in my car's display remains blank. Now I need to figure out what is missing out there.
That is the "High Beam" indicator. After using 100/90 bulbs in all my cars, the light is inadequate for my highway driving. Might upgrade to 100/90 after the first service.
Old 14th January 2012, 10:41   #1410
Senior - BHPian

^
Sorry to hear these issues MAS. Seems Ford and some major auto companies are not paying full attention to properly homogenize their vehicles for India specific conditions. I have also heard a lot of issues with the new CBR250 in India from Honda which is also having rusting issues. Lack of quality of rubber beadings is also unforgivable for a car of this cost.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks