Quote:
Originally Posted by kaush666 View Post
Sorry guys for the delay here is the price breakup as promised

Ex-Showroom (F&F) price: 942585
Registration + Life Tax + Ext. Warranty: 124676
Insurance: 27920

Total: 1095181

Doing payment by today or tomorrow. Car will be home in 3-4 days max
Wow, the car is a steal at that price . Congrats on your car. You will never repent this decision.
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2012, 16:09   #1608
BHPian

The only gripe now is that they don't have stock of Sea Grey. I had asked for Diamond white but I am apprehensive about how the car looks in that colour.

I like it but I don't love it. Already have a Tuscan Wine punto so paprika red is out of the question. Chill is good.

Getting in touch with Chennai Ford now to see if they have stock of Sea Grey Fiesta.
Old 26th November 2012, 16:37   #1609
BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
The only gripe now is that they don't have stock of Sea Grey. I had asked for Diamond white but I am apprehensive about how the car looks in that colour.

I like it but I don't love it. Already have a Tuscan Wine punto so paprika red is out of the question. Chill is good.

Getting in touch with Chennai Ford now to see if they have stock of Sea Grey Fiesta.

Congrats!!This is a very good price for the car.Reconsider the Paprika Red.That colour looks smashing.White looks better than Sea Grey IMHO.But all this is totally subjective.

PS:Aren't any dealers here in Chennai interested in selling the Fiesta at all??No response for over a week after I enquired.This happened twice!!After I paid my booking amount for the Vento,these people call.
They were very responsive when I enquired about the Figo though.

Last edited by KINI : 26th November 2012 at 16:38.
Old 26th November 2012, 16:47   #1610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
Congrats!!This is a very good price for the car.Reconsider the Paprika Red.That colour looks smashing.White looks better than Sea Grey IMHO.But all this is totally subjective.

PS:Aren't any dealers here in Chennai interested in selling the Fiesta at all??No response for over a week after I enquired.This happened twice!!After I paid my booking amount for the Vento,these people call.
They were very responsive when I enquired about the Figo though.
Paprika Red hm. Wouldn't it be tough to maintain? I am fed up of seeing a layer of dust soon after the car is washed on the Punto. That's why I am quite keen on Sea Grey though I don't think that would be much different but its a colour that I love!
Old 26th November 2012, 18:20   #1611
BHPian

Is it possible for MAS or any other Fiesta or Ford owner to confirm if you get confirmation as to whether a car has been allotted to you after you have paid the booking amount?

When does one know the VIN no. of the car? Chennai Ford says I will get the VIN NO. once I make the full payment and that the Sea Grey car will be blocked for me and invoiced once I pay the booking amount. Is this true?
Old 26th November 2012, 18:53   #1612
BHPian

[quote=kaush666;2973042]The only gripe now is that they don't have stock of Sea Grey. I had asked for Diamond white but I am apprehensive about how the car looks in that colour.

@kaush666: I have petrol fiesta in Diamond White and I can tell you that this is the first white car I have owned among all the cars I have had & it look smashing..The kinetic styling comes out in all its glory in Diamond White. Since the dimensions of New Ford Fiesta is on the compact side, lighter colors like Diamond White, Silver, Chill etc makes it look good. Also since the car has dark interiors, lighter colour like white will be a good contrast. Though colour choice is subjective, my family and friends have told me that Fiesta in Diamond White looks very good.

Hope it helps.
Old 26th November 2012, 19:03   #1613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshOnTheRocks View Post

@kaush666: I have petrol fiesta in Diamond White and I can tell you that this is the first white car I have owned among all the cars I have had & it look smashing..The kinetic styling comes out in all its glory in Diamond White. Since the dimensions of New Ford Fiesta is on the compact side, lighter colors like Diamond White, Silver, Chill etc makes it look good. Also since the car has dark interiors, lighter colour like white will be a good contrast. Though colour choice is subjective, my family and friends have told me that Fiesta in Diamond White looks very good.

Hope it helps.
Thanks Ash. But I think I will stick to sea grey can you help me with my question that I have posted above?
Old 26th November 2012, 19:10   #1614
BHPian

@kaush666, in my case when I bought the New Fiesta (petrol), it was already with the Delhi dealer so getting VIN no. was no issue at all.

IMO once the car is invoiced in your name from the factory, you will get to know the VIN no. Other Fiesta owners may confirm..
Old 26th November 2012, 19:27   #1615
Senior - BHPian

After booking a vehicle if there is a car that has been alloted to you, the dealer SHOULD give the VIN number to you. I dont think there is anything fishy, but it might be the case of trying to push you to make the full payment. Dont make any payment until you do your PDI and satisfied with the car.

Quote:
Is it possible for MAS or any other Fiesta or Ford owner to confirm if you get confirmation as to whether a car has been allotted to you after you have paid the booking amount?

When does one know the VIN no. of the car? Chennai Ford says I will get the VIN NO. once I make the full payment and that the Sea Grey car will be blocked for me and invoiced once I pay the booking amount. Is this true?
Old 26th November 2012, 19:38   #1616
BHPian

I have inquired with two dealers in Chennai i.e. Chennai Ford and MPL Ford and both are saying the same. Hence the doubt. But they say before registration I can see the car and do PDI and if dissatisfied I may opt to receive another car. Hence my doubts.
Old 26th November 2012, 19:52   #1617
BHPian

Quote:
I have inquired with two dealers in Chennai i.e. Chennai Ford and MPL Ford and both are saying the same. Hence the doubt. But they say before registration I can see the car and do PDI and if dissatisfied I may opt to receive another car. Hence my doubts.

This is what KLN Motors told me when I wanted to inspect my car.In my excitement I agreed.As a customer you have the right to inspect the car before payment.If they refuse,escalate the issue to Ford.
PS:Yes Paprika red will be a bit hard to maintain.

Last edited by KINI : 26th November 2012 at 19:55.
Old 26th November 2012, 20:00   #1618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI

This is what KLN Motors told me when I wanted to inspect my car.In my excitement I agreed.As a customer you have the right to inspect the car before payment.If they refuse,escalate the issue to Ford.
PS:Yes Paprika red will be a bit hard to maintain.
Thanks man. I will do the same. Now confuse whether to shift booking to Chennai Ford for Sea Gray or get Diamond White from Mpl.
Old 26th November 2012, 20:19   #1619
BHPian

Try sourcing a Kinetic Blue from somewhere else in TN na?

Did you negotiate on the Insurance??If the quotes aren't competitive get it done from outside!!

Last edited by KINI : 26th November 2012 at 20:31.
Old 26th November 2012, 23:47   #1620
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaush666

Once a car is manufactured, it should have a VIN irrespective of having it invoiced to a customer or not. Ideally a dealer will expect a customer to make full payment as soon as the car is dispatched from the factory.

Having said that, the dealers can NOT restrict you from having the VIN till you make the payment. We pay the booking amount to block the car for us. Usually the cars are invoiced to the dealer first, if I am not wrong and VIN should be available with the dealer from that time.

EDIT: Read about your confusion about the color. Let me say this, BUY THE COLOR WHICH YOU LOVE!! Its a long term possession; every time you see your car, the choice of color will make you smile & bring a sense of pride & happiness.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 26th November 2012 at 23:50.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks