Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2011, 12:39   #871
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maanspeedo
Twist in my car buying tale !
I had booked a Blue titanium + diesel NFS last month and was sure I shall get it by July end, but the way things are moving at Ford motors and arrogant pricing of almost 12Lakh OTR Mumbai for a 1.5 Engine with less than 100 hp has put me off..
Still hoping for a miraculous way to get early delivery as I dont mind the price so much .
And if that does not happen than I do not have any other diesel sedan available where I can fit in ( I am 6.3 and have tried all cars under 20Lakh OTR just for the front leg space ), and in such a bleak scenario when Laura( only car which I loved in this category ) seems out of budget at 17Lakh OTR , I am seriously getting tempted to go back to old horse ANHC , price cut make it worth considering at 9 Lakh OTR Thane for top End V MT and yeah , petrol engine may be expensive to run against a diesel sedan but then I change cars every 2 years so shall make sense to go for ANHC economically too . Just need suggestions here on how I can incorporate a CD player in ANHC and is Habanero red colour a good choice ( read some stories about it getting faded in few months !)
Test drove ANHV 4 times and hated the handling so was so much keen on a better handling American or European car but then this delivery time and pricing has left me disappointed..
I would have loved to be a Fordian this time , Alas !
Since you change cars every 2 years, you need a diesel as diesel cars have much more resale value than petrol cars. All thanks (or not) to the petrol prices. Over the last couple of months the resale of petrol cars has rock bottomed.

You guys can PM me for any info. I am missing a lot of forum activity because of team bhp on my tablet.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 19th July 2011 at 12:41.
Old 19th July 2011, 12:51   #872
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
But sorry ford i expected a sub 10 lakh car. Dont think you are worth the price. i might go for the D segment if i pay a lakh more !!
A D-segment for a lakh more! Which one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
In my opinion, for someone who wants a premium C-segment sedan, this is the car after Honda City moved towards a VFM pricing. While Ford may not have that premium brand image to boot right now, maybe it wants to establish one for future launches.
Yes, and this is their first product which is not India specific and not built on a budget. I expect the next 7 global products coming on the way to follow the same route. The success depends on how the market evolve by then, and also how well this product is received

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
Had the buildup been more towards a premium price, there may have been a lot better acceptance. Guess Ford didn't manage that too well. Or maybe this is happening mainly on the forum.
On a lighter note, I blame Mr. Mustang for this. He should have set the expectations right

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Hey did someone mention discounts already?
i think i read that further down.
Looks like this has come even sooner than expected.
Mdsaab, where was that reference on discount? I couldn’t find any. Optimist mentioned on discount, but that was for the Linea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Actually the pricing is not a big surprise. The day Mr. Siddharth Patankar had shown the new Fiesta (LHD version of course) on the Car & Bike show, it was evident that this car will tip the scales above 10L in Diesel. I never thought it to be a "cheap" car at all. What I'm satisfied about is, while keeping the price high, Ford have at least NOT chopped out the features in international versions. Its pretty well beefed up.

I may be wrong, but barring the Verna F, all other contenders in this segment are a bit dated. None are too fresh in their looks front. Vento is one, but at the end of the day its a more sort of "Made for India" and there are some spicy bits missing. The average mass doesn't care if there is a 1.6 or a 1.5 under the hood. Oh yes, I like the Vento more than the Fiesta any day. But forgetting about the brand given the feature list AN Fiesta weighs up well against the Vento and others. Especially compared to the LINEA, which is quite aged (though still classy) the Fiesta's pricing looks not too ugly to me. Perhaps this is Ford's try into the premium sedan (where it badly failed earlier with the MONDEO) and they want to sell the Fiesta Classic to the janata...
I received the On-Road pricing for the New Fiesta in Kerala. For the Titanium variant, petrol is 10.1 lakhs, and the diesel goes for 11.2 lakhs. If Ford really have worked on the living costs, the pricing is not that bad for a premium product.
Old 19th July 2011, 14:39   #873
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I received the On-Road pricing for the New Fiesta in Kerala. For the Titanium variant, petrol is 10.1 lakhs, and the diesel goes for 11.2 lakhs. If Ford really have worked on the living costs, the pricing is not that bad for a premium product.
Are taxes in Kerala that low .

On a separate yet important note , Congratulations on your 1000th post and graduating to being a senior BHP-ian
Now we will think thrice before disagreeing with you
souravc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2011, 15:04   #874
Senior - BHPian

Maanspeedo trust me the ANHC will not let you down as far as leg space is concerned.
Infact apart from missing a couple of goodies, you will be extremely satisfied with it.

VB and others ~ extremely sorry, i missed the gist of the post. The 10k discount was for the Linea. And presently there are no discounts on the new fiesta. Well i havent made that call to a ford dealership yet.
Old 19th July 2011, 15:24   #875
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A D-segment for a lakh more! Which one?
oops i meant C+ segment
this one in the picture. haha

Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-prices01.jpg

Taken from stratos review of fluence last month !!

sorry to hijack your picture stratos

Last edited by geeash : 19th July 2011 at 15:54.
Old 19th July 2011, 15:42   #876
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Are taxes in Kerala that low .
Not sure if it’s really low. I have not really followed the tax structure in other states. From the various posts, I know that its super-high in Bangalore

Here is the breakup for Titanium Petrol and Diesel. I have the full pricelist in my private email, but not able to forward to my office mail.

Titanium Petrol
Cost 815288.79
VAT@12.5%+SCC@1% 102930.21
Total 918219.00
Essential Pack 3495.00
Insurance 29293.00
Road Tax 55200.14
Permanent Registration 350.00
L & F Charges 3500.00
ON-ROAD PRICE 1010057.14

Titanium Diesel
Cost 904177.58
VAT@12.5%+SCC@1% 114152.42
Total 1018330.00
Essential Pack 3495.00
Insurance 32305.00
Road Tax 61199.80
L & F Charges 3500.00
ON-ROAD PRICE 1119179.80

Any idea what is this Essential pack, and L&F charges?

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc
On a separate yet important note , Congratulations on your 1000th post and graduating to being a senior BHP-ian
Now we will think thrice before disagreeing with you
OT: Thank you for the wishes. This is one place where we enjoy and learn from disagreements

Quote:
Thanks geeash! From what I know, the cars you have listed in the picture are the top end of the C segment, or what is known as C+ segment. Anyway IMHO, apart from the size, there is nothing much going for the Fluence diesel. Even the Style variant of Fiesta Diesel is more loaded than bare-bone Renault.
Old 19th July 2011, 15:48   #877
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 579418

Taken from stratos review of fluence last month !!

sorry to hijack your picture stratos
Geeash,

The Laura and Fluence are not exactly fully D segment IMO. Superb is Skoda's D segment. And Laura TDi is quite costlier compared to the Fiesta TDCi.

As for the Fluence, the lesser I comment the better. Absolutely no features on diesel. And the price at which they are selling the diesel, for those features, I'd rather buy a Tata truck or a M&M Arjun Tractor and mod it!

Civic, well petrol only and an old model now. Petrol is never intended to be the Fiesta's USP in my opinion. They must be banking on the 1.5 TDCi. As for the Cruze, yes you are absolutely right. That is one meaty good car. But I don't think the price encircled is today's OTR price anyway

Last edited by Reinhard : 19th July 2011 at 15:52.
Old 19th July 2011, 15:48   #878
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks geeash! From what I know, the cars you have listed in the picture are the top end of the C segment, or what is known as C+ segment. Anyway IMHO, apart from the size, there is nothing much going for the Fluence diesel. Even the Style variant of Fiesta Diesel is more loaded than bare-bone Renault.
I red circled cruze too. and other petrol variants too in competiton !!

Cruze top end too is only a lakh more than fiesta topend titanium plus which is 1255366 and is loaded except for the voice recognition thingie and comes with 3 years warranty

oops did i say D segment sorry i meant C+ Anyways C+ grade is always better than a C grade in my report card

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies.

Last edited by .anshuman : 20th July 2011 at 09:43. Reason: See note in post.
Old 19th July 2011, 16:07   #879
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I red circled cruze too...... and other petrol variants too in competiton !!

Cruze top end too is only a lakh more than fiesta topend titanium plus which is 1255366 and is loaded except for the voice recognition thingie and comes with 3 years warranty

oops did i say D segment sorry i meant C+.....anyways C+ grade is always better than a C grade in my report card
In addition to my post above -
This is the last updated Ex-Showroom Price of Cruze LTZ 2.0 MT in Pune - Rs. 13,89,329/-
(Source = Chevy official site.)

Add the typical culprits and I see it easily crossing the 15L scale to say the least. Can't see how that's a 1L difference mate...

Yet, I agree that Cruze is a far better a car, but that's not what the Fiesta is trying to clash with anyway...

And we must also not exempt the fact that INR 1,00,000/- is not a small difference either. That's the difference I'd have had to pay to buy a loaded Punto. At the end of the day I settled for the Vista. In the bigger picture, that's still a sizable difference we are talking about.

EDIT - Didn't notice it first, but that's my 200th post!

Last edited by Reinhard : 19th July 2011 at 16:15.
Old 19th July 2011, 17:17   #880
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maanspeedo View Post
And if that does not happen than I do not have any other diesel sedan available where I can fit in ( I am 6.3 and have tried all cars under 20Lakh OTR just for the front leg space ), and in such a bleak scenario when Laura( only car which I loved in this category ) seems out of budget at 17Lakh OTR
Did you try the forgotten (by many) car - Optra Magnum Diesel?

Pretty spacious for my 6' and hugely more than NFF. Going through the Choosing a Spacious Diesel Sedan thread may help.
Old 19th July 2011, 17:35   #881
BHPian

Quote:
L & F Charges 3500.00

Any idea what is this Essential pack, and L&F charges?
vb-san, as far as I know the "L&F charges" mean lorry & freight charges to ship the vehicle to the dealer. This is what my dealer told me. Standard price of 3.5k for all dealers over the country.
I think the essential pack means the carpet mats which come with the car, though I am not sure about this. I say this because my dealer told me that the mats come with the car and they cost around 3.5k.
EDIT: the essential pack probably also includes the first aid kit and safety triangle!

Last edited by carfreak77 : 19th July 2011 at 17:45.
carfreak77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2011, 19:16   #882
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak77 View Post
vb-san, as far as I know the "L&F charges" mean lorry & freight charges to ship the vehicle to the dealer. This is what my dealer told me. Standard price of 3.5k for all dealers over the country.
I think the essential pack means the carpet mats which come with the car, though I am not sure about this. I say this because my dealer told me that the mats come with the car and they cost around 3.5k.
EDIT: the essential pack probably also includes the first aid kit and safety triangle!
The Safety triangle and First Aid kit are part of the ex-showroom price. Essential pack includes, carpet (Both cabin and boot), mud flaps and some other small things.

In Hyderabad L&F is called as Handling charges and recently it has jacked up to 5500.
anumod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2011, 20:12   #883
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
oops i meant C+ segment
Quote:
Thanks geeash! From what I know, the cars you have listed in the picture are the top end of the C segment, or what is known as C+ segment.
I think the comparo with even the C+ segment is wrong. The Fiesta tops out at 11.xx OTR while the segment starts at 11L+ ex showroom.

Also we are comparing the top end Fiesta with the base cars in C+ segment which I think is unfair. It should ideally be compared only with C segment [Vento / Verna / SX4 / Linea], variants to variants and better be left there itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
In Hyderabad L&F is called as Handling charges and recently it has jacked up to 5500.
I have seen this for SX4 as well. Guess it was 4500/- or so in Kerala. Are they finding new ways to extract money from the customers? Isn't this a new trend?
Old 19th July 2011, 20:28   #884
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I red circled cruze too......
Apologies geeash, I saw only the Fluence when I checked the post from my mobile (did not scroll fully to the right I guess)
Anyway, Rienhard and SwiftnFurious have responded in detail to the post. So not repeating the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak77 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
The Safety triangle and First Aid kit are part of the ex-showroom price. Essential pack includes, carpet (Both cabin and boot), mud flaps and some other small things. In Hyderabad L&F is called as Handling charges and recently it has jacked up to 5500.
Thanks guys. I did not know that carpets and all charged separately as essential pack. Learning for the day indeed

Last edited by vb-saan : 19th July 2011 at 20:28. Reason: spelling
Old 19th July 2011, 20:32   #885
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here is the breakup for Titanium Petrol and Diesel. I have the full pricelist in my private email, but not able to forward to my office mail.

Titanium Petrol
Cost 815288.79
VAT@12.5%+SCC@1% 102930.21
Total 918219.00
Essential Pack 3495.00
Insurance 29293.00
Road Tax 55200.14
L & F Charges 3500.00
ON-ROAD PRICE 1010057.14

Titanium Diesel
Cost 904177.58
VAT@12.5%+SCC@1% 114152.42
Total 1018330.00
Essential Pack 3495.00
Insurance 32305.00
Road Tax 61199.80
L & F Charges 3500.00
ON-ROAD PRICE 1119179.80
I thought the entry petrol Style was priced at 8.23 L ex-showroom Delhi! Where is the mistake now?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks