Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2011, 18:07   #1006
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

I for one think that it is too early to judge the NFS based on the price. I mean, if you had to spend 50k extra and if it meant a better car, then wouldnt you buy it?
The new verna is probably VFM, but is it still that car that I personally wouldnt buy.
The vento is what I would seriously consider if I were to look at a car in this segment. Can there be an exclusive Comparo between these 3 cars? I mean we need to drive these 3 cars back to back, weigh the pros and cons and then discuss the price.
motorworks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2011, 18:33   #1007
BHPian

Has anyone inquired with their dealers about mirror locks? I asked my dealer but he said that he has no clue about mirror locks for the NFS. He seemed to hint that no mirror locks will be made for this car.
@Sugeeta: you would probably be able to answer this better than most of the others(since you have also booked)!
carfreak77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2011, 18:57   #1008
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
The new verna is probably VFM, but is it still that car that I personally wouldnt buy.
I too don't prefer Hyundai but at-least take a TD before striking it off.

Quote:
The vento is what I would seriously consider if I were to look at a car in this segment. Can there be an exclusive Comparo between these 3 cars? I mean we need to drive these 3 cars back to back, weigh the pros and cons and then discuss the price.
If you are looking for fun to drive nothing beats Vento (Tdi). But if you are considering petrol there are a few more choices, specially the T-Jet. I would not mind the Fiesta 1.6 S as well. But the new Fiesta is strictly no no. It is not powerful as per specs (Not powerful as per Team-BHP too ). Neither it is VFM. Also I hate the rear looks as much I hate that of the Ritz.
Old 29th July 2011, 19:51   #1009
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak77 View Post
Has anyone inquired with their dealers about mirror locks? I asked my dealer but he said that he has no clue about mirror locks for the NFS. He seemed to hint that no mirror locks will be made for this car.
@Sugeeta: you would probably be able to answer this better than most of the others(since you have also booked)!
Sorry, what are mirror locks?

And, what's happening with your booking? Has the dealer confirmed the delivery date?
Old 29th July 2011, 22:50   #1010
Senior - BHPian

Are the TD cars ready? I've been bitten by the Fiesta bug! Only for the TD though As I cant afford it for sure.
Old 29th July 2011, 23:48   #1011
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Sorry, what are mirror locks?

And, what's happening with your booking? Has the dealer confirmed the delivery date?
Hi vb-san! Mirror locks are those brackets made out of steel that fit closely around the ORVM glass, so that no one can steal the mirror. I think they are slightly smaller than the mirror so that they form a very tight fit!
Regarding my booking, the dealer has finally told me that my car has left the factory and I should be getting it on Thursday or Friday next week!!
Now its time to start getting the car mats!

PS: Please visit this site for a picture of the locks. http://carmirrorlocks.blogspot.com/

Last edited by carfreak77 : 29th July 2011 at 23:51.
Old 30th July 2011, 01:01   #1012
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk007 View Post
I dont know if others were expecting much less from FORD and not be disappointed. The NFF is truly disappointing IMHO. I would prefer the Classic Fiesta even though its old. It still looks good and has a good engine.
---------
I suggested he go in for the Optra Magnum as per the suggestions by @Poitive. Truly more car for the money spent. But, how good is the A.S.S of GM?
I did have a short half-hearted TD of the Fiesta Classic diesel. Half hearted because the cabin was too small for me. To find a comfortable place for my knees, I had to push back the seat quite a lot. The cabin of the NFF is better IMO. The engine too. It is just not as powerful as we want/expected; especially given the price. Had the price been lower, we would have been a lot less unhappy with it - afterall our expectations are based on what we pay for.

Hmmmm. I usually suggest people to take a TD of the Optra and then decide. Different people like different things (I clearly like the Optra over competition). Many people even forget about the Optra. A$$ of GM has supposed to improve a lot. The Spacious Diesel Sedans thread may be a more appropriate thread to discuss that further, mate.

Quote:
I for one think that it is too early to judge the NFS based on the price. I mean, if you had to spend 50k extra and if it meant a better car, then wouldnt you buy it?
How perceptions change! After NFF prices, the Fluidic now seems VFM. I did TD the three cars in question, though over a few months.

Very briefly:

Fluidic Verna
: Best engine. Choice for an easy to drive car in the city, especially for a non-enthusiast. Steering only for comfort. No feedback. Rear suited for tall people as compared to others, though very claustrophobic.

NFF
: Very composed over poor surfaces and handled well. Better steering than others. Given the rest of the car, one wants a more powerful engine to frustrating levels. The car can take so much more, but the engine takes it sweet time.

Vento: If you don't mind the cabin, probably the most FTD. Handling not as good as the NFF, but a more powerful engine would make up for it for many. If the cabin works for you, this may be the one! (though not for me)

Amongst the above, the reason to go for the NFF would be the composure.

More of it on the Driven! thread.

Also, for FTD - Linea! Again like the NFF, if only the engine was more powerful. Extreme steering feedback. Almost too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
If you are looking for fun to drive nothing beats Vento (Tdi). But if you are considering petrol there are a few more choices, specially the T-Jet. I would not mind the Fiesta 1.6 S as well. But the new Fiesta is strictly no no. It is not powerful as per specs (Not powerful as per Team-BHP too ). Neither it is VFM. Also I hate the rear looks as much I hate that of the Ritz.
Depending on what FTD means to you, the Optra can be hugely more FTD than the others. Hugely!

If the Fiesta Classic's diesel engine was acceptable, the NFF is surely not a no-no. Try it Oxyzen. Would be good to hear your views too, after you TD it.

My strong suspicion is that we'll get used to the rear of the NFF. Will never be as appealing as the Vento (one angle I really do like the Vento from), but should not be bothersome either.

The Linea was fun. I tried the MJD. From what I read the T-jet should be a blast, as it takes care of the not so powerful MJD issue.

Quote:
Regarding my booking, the dealer has finally told me that my car has left the factory and I should be getting it on Thursday or Friday next week!!
Hey! That is good news!! Am looking forward to your experience with the car. To your Ownership review.

Why am I getting excited?

(My guess - Secretly, I seem to like this car quite a lot too, even though it doesn't work for me)

Last edited by Poitive : 30th July 2011 at 01:02.
Old 30th July 2011, 08:38   #1013
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi vb-san! Mirror locks are those brackets made out of steel that fit closely around the ORVM glass, so that no one can steal the mirror. I think they are slightly smaller than the mirror so that they form a very tight fit!

PS: Please visit this site for a picture of the locks.
Thanks Carfreak for sharing the link. Learning for the day! Personally I feel the mirror lock could be an aesthetic compromise, especially on the Fiesta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak77

Now its time to start getting the car mats!
Excellent news. Looking forward to your ownership thread (along with Sugeeta’s)

Edit: Comparo from Overdrive - Fiesta / Verna / Vento (not sure if this was shared earlier).

Quite different from the Autocar review. Even though the points mentioned (by these publications) during the course of the review are quite accurate, when they give the final verdict, I assume brand affinities come into play.

Last edited by vb-saan : 30th July 2011 at 08:47. Reason: Extra comments included
Old 30th July 2011, 11:20   #1014
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
Depending on what FTD means to you, the Optra can be hugely more FTD than the others. Hugely!

If the Fiesta Classic's diesel engine was acceptable, the NFF is surely not a no-no. Try it Oxyzen. Would be good to hear your views too, after you TD it.

My strong suspicion is that we'll get used to the rear of the NFF. Will never be as appealing as the Vento (one angle I really do like the Vento from), but should not be bothersome either.
Optra is fun to drive. There is no denying it. It has the Cruze heart after all.
But the fact that it is very dated will not be taken lightly by most customers. Even a mild makeover would bring it as a contender.

Fiesta classic's diesel was a workhorse. Never a schorcher. It does its duty well on Figo but ok on Fiesta. Now considering the 1.5L diesel it still lacks 40Nm torque than the Vento. I will reserve further comments before I drive one.

The Vento's rear to me is not that appealing. It is no where ugly but it does not have the capibility to blow your mind away. (like the Linea)

The car worth waiting would be Linea 1.6Mjd.
Old 30th July 2011, 13:45   #1015
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
Fiesta classic's diesel was a workhorse. Never a schorcher. It does its duty well on Figo but ok on Fiesta. Now considering the 1.5L diesel it still lacks 40Nm torque than the Vento. I will reserve further comments before I drive one.
The joy from the NFF comes from it's composure at various speeds. Surely not from the (lack of) power/torque from the 1.5.
Old 30th July 2011, 21:48   #1016
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Thanks Carfreak for sharing the link. Learning for the day! Personally I feel the mirror lock could be an aesthetic compromise, especially on the Fiesta.

Excellent news. Looking forward to your ownership thread (along with Sugeeta’s)

Edit: Comparo from Overdrive - Fiesta / Verna / Vento (not sure if this was shared earlier).
&#x202a;Verna Vs Fiesta Vs Vento Comparo&#x202c;&rlm; - YouTube
Quite different from the Autocar review. Even though the points mentioned (by these publications) during the course of the review are quite accurate, when they give the final verdict, I assume brand affinities come into play.
You are welcome vb-san! Yes, I agree that they could be an aesthetic compromise. But, since people steal mirrors here, just as safety I would prefer to fit them if they are available. Hope to write my ownership thread soon after I get the car.
Thanks for the link. I agree with you that brand affinities might have come into play in the end.
Old 30th July 2011, 22:05   #1017
Senior - BHPian

I have mentioned this before, but I am saying this again because I am really not happy with the complecency of Ford personnel.
The vehicle has been launched before 3 months.
The vehicle was given for Test drive on Jun 21.
The price Announced on July 14.

But still till date I have not seen on ad of the car on the TV
I remember I guess saw one print ad sometime back. But nothing at all in the TV.
Frankly if someone had not followed Team-BHP or other auto sites, there is no way one would have known that Ford has launched a vehicle at all.
Old 30th July 2011, 23:00   #1018
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
But still till date I have not seen on ad of the car on the TV
I remember I guess saw one print ad sometime back. But nothing at all in the TV.
Frankly if someone had not followed Team-BHP or other auto sites, there is no way one would have known that Ford has launched a vehicle at all.
Frankly I feel that they have some serious inventory / production issues and hence they are doing all this. I don't think anyone want to see their products as a flop, so they might want to keep a low profile for this car! Compared to rest of the products, Ford as said has even kept a much lower target as well.
Old 31st July 2011, 03:52   #1019
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Frankly I feel that they have some serious inventory / production issues and hence they are doing all this. I don't think anyone want to see their products as a flop, so they might want to keep a low profile for this car! Compared to rest of the products, Ford as said has even kept a much lower target as well.
This is very much possible mate. vb had pointed out an article about Ford's production issues. All this talk about marketing strategy may have a very different reality behind it.

But well, we can only really speculate.
Old 31st July 2011, 07:24   #1020
Senior - BHPian

Possibly the production issues could be a reason Ford has put the Advertising on hold.
But were Ford known for their advertising?
I for one read about the launch prices in the newspaper. Was shocked and immediately made my way to this thread.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks