Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2011, 19:47   #1051
BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Guyz

When are you getting your Fiestas? All of us here are waiting eagerly for the first ownership reports of the NFF.

Cheers!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
Hi carfreak77, did you get your car late last week?

Looking forward to your car pics.

I have been told that Titanium+ models have not yet been dispatched from the factory and it will only be done this week onwards. Other deliveries have started.

So the royal wait continues in Delhi!!
Hi Guys!! Yes, I finally got delivery of my Fiesta on Monday. Sorry, I haven't been active on Team-BHP in the past few days since I was driving around the whole time. Just to update you, I got Titanium+ Diesel in Moondust Silver Colour. Will be making my ownership thread soon.
@Sugeeta: I am surprised you were told that Titanium+ models have not been dispatched as I got my car on Monday. Any idea of a delivery date?
Btw was told that I got the third Fiesta delivered all over.
carfreak77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2011, 20:02   #1052
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak77 View Post
Hi Guys!! Yes, I finally got delivery of my Fiesta on Monday. Sorry, I haven't been active on Team-BHP in the past few days since I was driving around the whole time. Just to update you, I got Titanium+ Diesel in Moondust Silver Colour. Will be making my ownership thread soon.
@Sugeeta: I am surprised you were told that Titanium+ models have not been dispatched as I got my car on Monday. Any idea of a delivery date?
Congratulations Carfreak! Bring up the ownership review soon
Old 10th August 2011, 20:13   #1053
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations @Carfreak on the NFF, looking forward to the ownership thread with some nice pics.
Old 10th August 2011, 20:15   #1054
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hearty congratulations Carfreak77. Third Fiesta delivered all over & probably the first one here on TBHP.

Eagerly awaiting for you to start your ownership thread & share the link over here. Also do share a lot of pics.

Enjoy crunching mile in your all new Fiesta.
Old 10th August 2011, 20:36   #1055
Senior - BHPian

It's good to know that deliveries have finally started. I did visit Mody Ford's showroom on Saturday and got a good glimpse of two silver-coloured TD vehicles. The car looked good in person, although I did not find any increase in space at the rear seat.

I am wondering why there are no ads for the NFS at all. Was Ford India management slighted by the parent company, leading to this disinterest? Or am I imagining things?

On the contrary, I was surprised to see and ad for the Classic in TOI yesterday.
Old 10th August 2011, 22:08   #1056
BHPian

I have booked the Vento. But being admirer of ford cars in India for their handling, I seized the first opportunity to test drive the New Fiesta from the nearby dealer. I am very much impressed by the road manners of this car. Here is a short comparison against the Vento (Please note, no offense to anyone & remember, I have booked the Vento already after taking an elaborate test drive)

(Apologies for the grammatically not so great write-up)

- The engine noise. It’s relatively silent compared to the Vento when heard from outside. But from the inside it’s a completely different story. Whereas you can here the constant sound from the engine in the Vento, this is one quiet silent baby inside the cabin
- The steering has a dull feeling at standstill (you can easily rotate the tires) and weighs as you drive. So it should just about satisfy the best of both worlds.
- The best part was the drive, I deliberately took it across bad roads and just about all of us in the family were impressed on how it felt. My dad was all praise and said its better than the Vento and much much better than the Verna.
- Noting my earlier observation in one of previous posts; my knee constantly rubs with the console in Vento; but this is not a problem in the fiesta. It looks small but is quiet accommodative. I am 6 foot 1
- The front seats snug you around. I am relatively on the slimmer side. People on the heavier side might find the front seat bolstering a bit inconvenient. My dad did.
- With lack of any arm support I did hit the SA's arm a couple arms a couple of times but nothing to worry about.
- The front dash board is quiet impressive. While there had been complaints about the lower side of the dash having cheap plastics, I really dint feel so but at the same time it’s not in the same league as the top part of the dash
- The audio system sound quality was quiet decent
- The seat quality is very new and impressive, something similar to what you find in European cars. If i get this car I will never want to do leather upgrade
- Coming to the rear seat well this is definitely no Vento. You feel its relatively cramped. My mom complained its not as spacious as the Vento or the city. But again after positioning the front seat for my driving position, I went back and sat on the rear one to check the knee room. It was just about adequate. Even a centimeter less might sound interfering for rear seat passengers of my stature.
- The door plastics are nothing to write home about, but I think its the same type as what I found in Vento. But yes there is a bit too much plastic than what one would prefer
- The common observation from all of us is that the car looks very compact from front and rear. The car looks like it’s from the compact segment. Only the side profile is longish and typical of a mid-sizer
- I dint get an opportunity to drive the car at higher speeds. Most of them were in city speeds. I felt some amount of turbo lag (Stalled the engine twice trying to pull from the second gear). But in comparison I never had any of these problems with the Vento. It pulled quiet effortlessly and never did i feel any issues. I come from driving a line of petrol cars for the past 14 years.
- The price point is what that bites one nicely. It’s priced at 12.75L OTR in Chennai against 11.10L for the Vento

In essence, I see pro's and cons on both cars. While I don’t want to consider the Verna, am struck between the Vento vs. Fiesta war. To me the pros and cons that affect the buy are

Vento
Pro
- Like the subtle European styling
- The engine impresses at speed. Though not a bad handler to start with, I wish it were a tad bit better
- Price is OK though Verna takes the VFM cake
- Spacious leg room + airy cabin
- Seats overall is decent for all 4 passengers

Cons
- Lack of any features in comparison (it just has the basics - but not a deal breaker for me)
- Noisy engine, sounds like a Indica V2 at idle, seriously (the one that keeps nagging me)
- Bad bad waiting period (5+ months down south)
- Atleast here in Chennai, both their dealer suck (the other point that worries me)

Fiesta
Pros
- Handling; Its an out and out drivers car.
- Styling, features, dash layout
- Quality of seat material. I don't know how others feel, but I am pretty impressed
- Impressive ARAI mileage figures
- OK waiting period (Have been promised delivery in 45 days)

Cons
- Some plastics could have been better (but this is no deal breaker for me)
- Relatively compact seating arrangement (in comparison)
- In comparison the engine seems to lack power (infact the least powerful of all competitors), but unless you are in open road, I don't think this makes much difference. I wish the 1.6 TDCi with 110 PS had made it under the hood
- Price Price Price (Might be the deal breaker for most)

Now am mighty confused if I should book this baby, cause she has impressed me pretty well. If only she came with a heart that was tad powerful, I wouldn't think twice.But I think I may take the plunge...

Last edited by SR-71 : 10th August 2011 at 22:16.
SR-71 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2011, 22:37   #1057
MAS
Senior - BHPian

@carfreak

Congrats on your new possession. I had the chance to see the Titanium+ on the Chennai Bangy Highway. Car looks good in flesh and very smart. Wish you good luck and thousands of miles of enjoyable driving experience.
Old 10th August 2011, 23:50   #1058
BHPian

Quote:
Heartiest, Heartiest Congratulations!! Yours is the 1st NFS on TBHP.

Pictures and first impressions please. More questions will follow tomorrow.

Happy motoring
Old 11th August 2011, 05:46   #1059
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak77

Hi Guys!! Yes, I finally got delivery of my Fiesta on Monday. Sorry, I haven't been active on Team-BHP in the past few days since I was driving around the whole time.
Congratulations, carfreak! Looking forward to some nice pictures and the ownership review of your NFF! This is one of the more eagerly anticipated ownership reviews on TBHP.
Old 11th August 2011, 07:00   #1060
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
I have booked the Vento. But being admirer of ford cars in India for their handling, I seized the first opportunity to test drive the New Fiesta from the nearby dealer. I am very much impressed by the road manners of this car. Here is a short comparison against the Vento (Please note, no offense to anyone & remember, I have booked the Vento already after taking an elaborate test drive)

Now am mighty confused if I should book this baby, cause she has impressed me pretty well. If only she came with a heart that was tad powerful, I wouldn't think twice.But I think I may take the plunge...
Thanks for the comparison. As you mentioned, both cars have their own strengths and weaknesses. I will suggest you to do a second TD of both cars back to back, and make a decision. If back seat occupants’ comfort needs to be re-verified, tag along your parents as well
Old 11th August 2011, 07:58   #1061
Team-BHP Support

Sugeeta / Carfreak: I thought one of you will have the first ownership review of the new Fiesta in Team-BHP. But there comes StarChild with a mint-fresh review!
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...rd-fiesta.html

Note: You can still do a forum-first with a Diesel Fiesta review
Old 11th August 2011, 10:33   #1062
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post

@SR-71,
First of all awesome comparison between the Fiesta & Vento. I couldn't put up a better pro-con list between the two cars.

Regarding your issue, you need to look at your basic requirements and ignore the rest.
  • Is the additional power of Vento really going to make a difference for your daily driving?
  • Is the rear seat comfort a deal breaker?
  • Do you have a price limit in mind?
  • Are you fine with a long (3M+) waiting period or do you want a car at the earliest?

There are some of the basic requirements I feel you might want to reconsider. You could add/delete to that list (A$$, features, engine noise, etc).

For me, the power and price were the winning points (I went for my loan application for the Vento after the Fiesta pricing was released ) - I was fine with the rest of cons of Vento that you have listed.

Overall, from a outsider's perspective you seem to be bowled over by Fiesta, but having second thoughts due to the high price & slightly lesser power output of the Fiesta.

As @Vb-san has suggested rightly, go for more TDs of both the cars. Even better, spill out your problem to both dealers, especially the Ford fella. Wait for them to go overboard to convince you to buy their car, especially the ford SE.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 11th August 2011 at 10:35.
Old 11th August 2011, 13:41   #1063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Sugeeta / Carfreak: I thought one of you will have the first ownership review of the new Fiesta in Team-BHP. But there comes StarChild with a mint-fresh review!
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...rd-fiesta.html

Note: You can still do a forum-first with a Diesel Fiesta review
I am so angry with Ford Motors for not shipping my car till date. Just talked to Mr. Katoch at Harpreet Ford. Apparently Delhi has yet to receive its 1st lot of Diesel Titanium+ cars. Apparently some issue with the sensors as per him.

Ford Motors, if you are listening (if at all), please let me know when I can get the car.

My existing Fiesta has been sold and the new owner will take it away in the next 2 days. I cannot commute 65 kms. each day by a petrol car. I'll go bankrupt in no time at all.

Now where is an emoticon for shedding tears ?

@vb-san, any and all 1st reviews are welcome, I was never in that race

But I did not expect to get a buyer for my existing car so soon. So the anger over the delayed delivery.
Old 11th August 2011, 13:47   #1064
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta

I am so angry with Ford Motors for not shipping my car till date. Just talked to Mr. Katoch at Harpreet Ford. Apparently Delhi has yet to receive its 1st lot of Diesel Titanium+ cars. Apparently some issue with the sensors as per him.

Ford Motors, if you are listening (if at all), please let me know when I can get the car.

My existing Fiesta has been sold and the new owner will take it away in the next 2 days. I cannot commute 65 kms. each day by a petrol car. I'll go bankrupt in no time at all.

Now where is an emoticon for shedding tears ?

@vb-san, any and all 1st reviews are welcome, I was never in that race

But I did not expect to get a buyer for my existing car so soon. So the anger over the delayed delivery.
Sugeeta i was expecting your delivery to be done already as you booked it long ago.
And i understand your feeling. A long commute with a petrol will definately be expensive.
I hope that Ford sorts out the issue and dispatches the Delhi lot ASAP.
But if there are issues with the sensor then why have others got delivery.
Or have only petrol delieveries taken place elsewhere too?
Old 11th August 2011, 13:55   #1065
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think they have reserved the best for the last. Dont worry, it will come sooner or later.

Quote:
My existing Fiesta has been sold and the new owner will take it away in the next 2 days
Good for you, was it through T-BHP classified or some one you knew.

All the best Sugeeta.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks