Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2011, 17:43   #901
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
After all the negative reviews on the pricing of the Ford Fiesta, I stayed away from all forums over the last 4 days and decided to check out the Verna and Fiesta in flesh.

I put my Fiesta booking on hold and took a TD of the Verna on Monday evening. TD'ed the Fiesta 2 hours ago.

My decision : I stick to the Fiesta booking.

Why : A 50K - 75K rupee difference is not a deal breaker for confidence inspiring driving.

My personal take on the attributes of both cars will follow in my ownership review in the next few weeks.
You know what when you look at it that way, it makes absolute sense.
I feel the only thing wrong(from what I've read) with the New Fiesta is the pricing. and the rest seems like a great package. Ok one more minor grip, may be the rear space. But overall behind the wheel i think it will put a mile on your face everytime you go out for spin. and that is extremely important too.
Old 20th July 2011, 17:48   #902
BHPian

I had attended the Ford Fiesta Premier launch at latangi bangalore on 10th and dropped my card for TD upon official launch.
Just got a courtesy call from Latangi to check on whether im interested in booking with delivery on 3rd week of Aug. I said the prices are disappointing and to my shock heard from them that they are offering discounts on Insurance + 35K flat cashback on the Titanium and Titanium+ for both petrol and diesel
Not sure if this is true but Ford is getting desperate to recover some lost ground.
harishpr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2011, 17:51   #903
BHPian

Quote:
I put my Fiesta booking on hold and took a TD of the Verna on Monday evening. TD'ed the Fiesta 2 hours ago.

My personal take on the attributes of both cars will follow in my ownership review in the next few weeks.
Please pen down your initial views and comments for the rest of us to form an opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
I am going to talk only about the GOOD things
Good or Bad please write your opinions for a broad general opinion.

Thanks
Old 20th July 2011, 17:52   #904
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
I had attended the Ford Fiesta Premier launch at latangi bangalore on 10th and dropped my card for TD upon official launch.
Just got a courtesy call from Latangi to check on whether im interested in booking with delivery on 3rd week of Aug. I said the prices are disappointing and to my shock heard from them that they are offering discounts on Insurance + 35K flat cashback on the Titanium and Titanium+ for both petrol and diesel
Not sure if this is true but Ford is getting desperate to recover some lost ground.
Well well...the standard FORD way...I was thinking the pricing is OK, but seems Ford themselves now think they messed it up. I'm yet to know of a Ford launch in India with correct price, expect Figo.

Perhaps the term "Pulled a Ford" should be added into Oxford now.
Old 20th July 2011, 17:56   #905
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimist View Post
Good or Bad please write your opinions for a broad general opinion.

Thanks
TBH, there was nothing bad except the big price tag for this car! Its an excellent car to drive, good FE for the economy conscious folks and the not so much nonsense Ford A.S.S.

The rear bench was much better than my current Fiesta, so I dint have any complaints on that either and I love black interiors. So its the right mix for me!
Old 20th July 2011, 18:00   #906
Team-BHP Support

A point I note is folks who plan to buy Titanium would rather end up buying Titanium +
A difference of 26K is all that matters between the two. Is it big a difference?
Old 20th July 2011, 18:24   #907
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Buddy you just made my day! or evening you know what i mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
A point I note is folks who plan to buy Titanium would rather end up buying Titanium +
A difference of 26K is all that matters between the two. Is it big a difference?
A very negligible difference and one should definately pay this and go in for the top model.
Old 20th July 2011, 18:30   #908
Team-BHP Support

Also is that a Ford discount? I would doubt that. It may be a dealer discount.
Can anyone confirm that?

But looks like corrections coming into play on day 1 !
Old 20th July 2011, 18:33   #909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere
Can anyone confirm that?

I just came back from Metro Ford. Test drive vehicle has gone for registration. No discount offered.
Old 20th July 2011, 19:22   #910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Can anyone confirm that?

It cannot be dealer discount, he does not earn that much to offer 35k cash back and also discount on insurance. Not sure if this is true but will check up with my friend at Ford.
Old 20th July 2011, 19:52   #911
Senior - BHPian

Got to know that Ford hasn't offered any discounts yet, it must be a discount at the dealer's end. But looking at the "Too sweet to be true" offer, I think its just a trick by the salesman to get us to the showroom, as many change their opinions after a good drive in the new Fiesta! (Like our very own Sugeeta) After driving the car, we would come to know where the extra cash has gone into I believe
Old 20th July 2011, 19:58   #912
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
and to my shock heard from them that they are offering discounts on Insurance + 35K flat cashback on the Titanium and Titanium+ for both petrol and diesel
Shocking ! But if they are doing it from day 1 to all customers going for the specified customers, it will be good. Rather than giving a discount, they could actually correct the ex. showroom prices so that people can save something more on RT & Insurance.
Old 20th July 2011, 20:00   #913
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
After all the negative reviews on the pricing of the Ford Fiesta, I stayed away from all forums over the last 4 days and decided to check out the Verna and Fiesta in flesh.

Why : A 50K - 75K rupee difference is not a deal breaker for confidence inspiring driving.

Good decisions – to stay away for the past few days, and also to stick to the booking.The pricing shockwave is slowly settling downhere.

When you get time, can you please just put down the driving impressions of the Fiesta alone (comparo can come later in your ownership thread)?

Mustang: Is the Goodyear Eagle NCT5 the standard tyre option for the New Fiesta?
And waiting for your driving impressions of the petrol & diesel Fiesta
Old 20th July 2011, 21:02   #914
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san
Good decisions – to stay away for the past few days, and also to stick to the booking.The pricing shockwave is slowly settling downhere.

When you get time, can you please just put down the driving impressions of the Fiesta alone (comparo can come later in your ownership thread)?

Mustang: Is the Goodyear Eagle NCT5 the standard tyre option for the New Fiesta?
And waiting for your driving impressions of the petrol & diesel Fiesta
Yes the NCT5 are the tyres being offered. I can't provide the review of the car from my end as my notebook is in coma and will be repaired in the next 2-3 days. Till then I'm typing from an android phone.

Tyres are good enough for sedate as well as spirited driving.
Mustang.101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2011, 21:37   #915
BHPian

Went to my dealer today. Test drove & Paid the full amount for the NFS! He said that Ford is not offering any discount at this stage. He told me that delivery should be in the first week of August!! Can't wait!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks