Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2011, 09:28   #316
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san

Refer to the safety section in the below link:
All-new Fiesta: Powerful car, classy looks, engaging experience | Driving Ford

This is quite recent one, it says that Airbags/ABS are standard across all variants.
As far as from what i have heard and read and come to know. All variants will be equipped with ABS & Airbags.
Old 2nd July 2011, 10:26   #317
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post

This is quite recent one, it says that Airbags/ABS are standard across all variants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
As far as from what i have heard and read and come to know. All variants will be equipped with ABS & Airbags.
Yes guys, I am aware of that for a long time now. But myself and Poitive were discussing about a different issue there. Since Mustang had posted that Ford was targeting 7L for the base petrol and 8L for the base diesel about 6 months ago, we were wondering if it could be this safety feature standard base models or if Ford had plans for a base model without the safety features, but has been scrapped now, thus leading to a higher starting price now
Old 2nd July 2011, 13:27   #318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

VB, the question wasn't about if there are safety features in variants now or not. It was about if those 6 month old price targets. Whether those targets then were for models with or without ABS and Airbags. (please refer to post #306, 310-312).

If the targets were for models without safety features, we should expect them to be higher now (say about 80-100k). If they were for models with safety features, then the price may be similar (if of course the company has been able to meet it's targets)

And yes, thanks for sharing the link

@Surprise has been very helpful with all possible resources on this car being shared here. Thanks for that too, Surprise
Old 2nd July 2011, 13:30   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Someone at the ford dealership here in Bangalore has told me that they have already got 1 car. Its sitting in their yard
Which dealer was this?

I had called up Metro Ford earlier this morning and the lady who picked up told me that the launch is on 5th and they would be getting a car on monday

-----

The lady i had spoken to in the morning was from Metro Ford Palace Cross Road. Just called the St Marks Road dealership and they are saying launch is on 15th!

Last edited by Rehaan : 5th July 2011 at 15:13.
Old 2nd July 2011, 15:15   #320
Senior - BHPian

Looks like one heck of a car to beat in C segment. With all the safety features in place and good FE, hope pricing will be right. Was contemplating on buying diesel car from past 2 months and this will certainly add up to my confusion.
Old 4th July 2011, 15:11   #321
BHPian

Ive been waiting for this car for quite some time, but Rehaan's (fantastic) review leaves me underwhelmed. Previous Fords (the Ikon 1.6ers and the Fiestas) had fantastic driving dynamics and great engines. This one seems to have forsaken it's roots for middle-of-the-road performance.
I understand that Ford probably makes these decisions based on demographics, but why can't we have both? I mean, look at Vento-D. You can potter around all day, and then when the mood takes you, you can drive it like your pants are on fire. Being a (metaphorical) petrolhead, I want a car that makes me feel like a kid again when I put the pedal to the metal.

The exteriors are a total no-no too. That butt just isn't well integrated into the rest of the car. Total design fail. In contrast, there's a black Vento parked next to my car in my building, and I cant help but admire how well integrated the design is. The Fiesta completely fails to achieive this level of design harmony.

Finally, while my Ikon continues to give me great service, Ford's after-sales SUCKS. I might've still bitten the after-sales bullet if this was a great car, but it isnt.
Old 4th July 2011, 16:08   #322
Senior - BHPian

Auto News India - Ford foresees India as small car and small engine center | CarDekho.com

Quote:
New Ford Fiesta is one of the most awaited sedan to be launched in India and relevant sources have unveiled that Ford India is all set for Ford Fiesta launch by 14 July
Looks like JULY-14th is the DAY. I was told that this delay is primarily due to some pending govt approvals, though not sure to what extent its true.

Production of cars started in mid of June 2011 at Maraimalai Nagar, Chennai, almost 30 days before launch. Mostly the delivery for all the pre-launch bookings to happen within a week of launch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
Ford's after-sales SUCKS.
:(

First time stepping out of Maruti family, just to experience the driving dynamics of FORD family. Except my free service, I have never visited the authorized service centers of Maruti. With outside garage, never regretted buying a Maruti product as I never come across any shocking part prices or non-availability of parts in the entire ownership experience, which included Baleno. Hope to sail through the first 2year or 100000 kms warranty without any major hurdles

Last edited by Surprise : 4th July 2011 at 16:16.
Old 4th July 2011, 18:15   #323
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
:(

First time stepping out of Maruti family, just to experience the driving dynamics of FORD family. Except my free service, I have never visited the authorized service centers of Maruti. With outside garage, never regretted buying a Maruti product as I never come across any shocking part prices or non-availability of parts in the entire ownership experience, which included Baleno. Hope to sail through the first 2year or 100000 kms warranty without any major hurdles
I have been a Ford customer for 7+ years, and never had any issue with the A.S&S so far. In fact, they had been fantastic. And from I hear from the forum, its getting better over the years as well. So I don't think there is a major reason for concern there.

July 14th is not that far. Any news on when you're expected to get the delivery? And what colour you have chosen?
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2011, 19:30   #324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
July 14th is not that far. Any news on when you're expected to get the delivery? And what colour you have chosen?
My booking is 7th in number for NFS with a Ford dealer & was told it would get delivered in their first lot itself. Tentative delivery quoted was within a 7-10 days from the date of launch.

As of now, I want to choose RED color..I like Figo red a lot. If that option is not available, may be dark grey or whichever appeals to me in flesh
Old 5th July 2011, 10:47   #325
BHPian

read today in one of the articles that prices of NFS starts 6.2L If true, would be a real game changer.
"New Ford Fiesta Price in India starts from Rs. 6,20,000 and may be differ based on the model and engine type."
Hope the features therein wont disappoint !

I have been waiting eagerly for this car but now even more confused whether I should opt for Fiesta Classic or NFS seeing the not so responsive 1.5L petrol engine.
Old 5th July 2011, 13:53   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post
read today in one of the articles that prices of NFS starts 6.2L
Where did you read this? Please share the link.
Old 5th July 2011, 14:40   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post
read today in one of the articles that prices of NFS starts 6.2L
Can you please share the source of this article? Starting price of 6.2L with ABS and Airbags seems too optimistic. Probably, this article is a old one and the author guessed the price, thinking base model will not be equipped with safety features.
Old 5th July 2011, 15:10   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi_k View Post
Where did you read this? Please share the link.
"http://popularcarsinindia.wordpress.com/2011/07/01/ford-fiesta-expected-to-launch-on-july-14/"
Old 5th July 2011, 15:20   #329
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramharis View Post
Just one thing though Its Hyundai that copied fiesta's design and not the other way around. No offence.
I wasn't suggesting either of them copied the other. Just pointing out a similarity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
BTW, this is my third query on this thread...Is FIGO red color an option in NFS?
• The Fiesta is available in eight colours: Diamond White, Moondust Silver, Sea Grey, Chill, Morello, Panther Black, Squeeze and Kinetic Blue.

Not sure if "Morello" is the same as Figo's "Colorado Red"... but it might be similar.

Probably named after the morello cherry

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 5th July 2011 at 15:22.
Old 5th July 2011, 15:28   #330
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Not sure if "Morello" is the same as Figo's "Colorado Red"... but it might be similar.
"Morello" I think is more towards purple shade - quite unique though

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks