Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2011, 21:43   #286
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Launch on July 14th highly possible and most likely the deliveries would begin immediately after it, considering the production began 2 weeks ago
Thanks to IAB.com for the following article- Will Ford launch the Fiesta by July 14?
Old 1st July 2011, 10:13   #287
BHPian

Re: Exterior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Folds and cuts of the kinetic styling are clearly visible in the top-down afternoon sun. A bit “fluidic” no?
Absolutely loved your review. Great car too.

Just one thing though Its Hyundai that copied fiesta's design and not the other way around. No offence.
Old 1st July 2011, 10:35   #288
BHPian

Went to Harpreet Ford, Gurgaon yesterday to do a PDI on my Figo. Saw a fleet of 20 Fiesta's (mostly blue color) lined outside the showroom. Most were Titanium variants. Missed to check petrol or diesel. Considering the stock they got already, deliveries may actually start immediately after launch.

Also, I think the rear looks better in flesh than pics. Rear bench space seems to be reasonable definitely more than Classic.
Old 1st July 2011, 10:42   #289
Senior - BHPian

Re: Exterior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramharis View Post
Absolutely loved your review. Great car too.

Just one thing though Its Hyundai that copied fiesta's design and not the other way around. No offence.
Yes, true but this is a well known fact to us, bhp-ians. But for the common man, the Verna which came out 2 months ago will always be the original and the Fiesta - copied from the Verna!
I'm sure Rehaan would know this too, I suspect he wanted to tell us, we would be reminded of the Verna when we look at the Fiesta, as the Verna is now more familiar to us
Old 1st July 2011, 11:15   #290
BHPian

It's now clear. The reason they have not announced the price of the Fiesta Classic Petrol 1.6 SXI (top end) is to gauge market reactions on the New Fiesta base variant!
Old 1st July 2011, 11:35   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
Went to Harpreet Ford, Gurgaon yesterday to do a PDI on my Figo. Saw a fleet of 20 Fiesta's (mostly blue color) lined outside the showroom. Most were Titanium variants. Missed to check petrol or diesel. Considering the stock they got already, deliveries may actually start immediately after launch.

Also, I think the rear looks better in flesh than pics. Rear bench space seems to be reasonable definitely more than Classic.
amit1234singla; how did the blue colour look on the Fiestas? I am torn between a silver and the blue. Does the blue look too flashy? Don't want to shock the people around me with a colour which is different from my usual palette.
Old 1st July 2011, 11:52   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
amit1234singla; how did the blue colour look on the Fiestas? I am torn between a silver and the blue. Does the blue look too flashy? Don't want to shock the people around me with a colour which is different from my usual palette.
My views, yes, it looked a little too flashy to my taste as well. If it was me, I would not go for it, but that's just me.

I saw a silver one as well but that looked too ordinary. But one can't go wrong with silver. I am not sure what other color options fiesta comes in.
amit1234singla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2011, 11:58   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
My views, yes, it looked a little too flashy to my taste as well. If it was me, I would not go for it, but that's just me.

I saw a silver one as well but that looked too ordinary. But one can't go wrong with silver. I am not sure what other color options fiesta comes in.

Thanks for the input. I would stick with the silver (called moondust silver in my Ikon). Seems to be a more dignified option. Opinion may vary from person to person though.
Old 1st July 2011, 12:19   #294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the input. I would stick with the silver (called moondust silver in my Ikon). Seems to be a more dignified option. Opinion may vary from person to person though.
@Sugeeta,

Whats other color options do you have other than the blue or Silver. Does the blue color match to the Acquarius Blue of the 1.6S.?

BTW what variant did you book? Have you had a test drive of NFS lately since you had booked it long time back?
Old 1st July 2011, 12:27   #295
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I personally liked the Silver (compared to the blue). Look at the first page of this thread, and it looked very elegant!
But maybe I am biased to Silver. Even my Ikon is of Silver colour
Old 1st July 2011, 12:37   #296
BHPian

I had been to SC Ford in Mumbai on Sunday. A TN regd. Fiesta was in the showroom for training the dealer sales team. It was a strictly "Look but don't touch" vehicle.
SC Ford expects pricing and official announcements to be between 7th-16th July. For those who have already booked, deliveries should begin by Aug 2011.
The rest depends on demand.
They claim that Ford does not want to go the Hyundai / VW way with insane waiting periods and will attempt to keep waiting to a max of 2 months.
Old 1st July 2011, 13:08   #297
BHPian

Quote:
My booking receipt number is in the early '400' series. Have been told the delivery is expected by 4th week of July.
Have the bookings opened? Is that number official? What was the booking amount and that must be the dealer priority. Thanks. I'm also eagerly waiting for the launch.
Old 1st July 2011, 13:12   #298
Senior - BHPian

Ford has taken a safer option here than going all out to pamper the ego of an enthusiastic driver. However I dont understand the logic behind cutting engine capacity to 1.5L especially for the petrol when it has blunted performance so much that the classic seems to still be the car to get for enthusiasts. Ok global manufacturing centre and all is fine but seriosuly IMHO every upgrade should be progressively better than the last one. So now the new Fiesta does nothing that cannot be matched or bettered by the competion and frankly its no looker either which was not the case with the Classic where every petrol head wanted a Fiesta in his garage no matter how pretty or elegant or no brainer the competion was. The initial reports of a 118HP 1.6 petrol with the better than the classic road behavior had me quite excited frankly but not any more. I guess the Tjet is now the best petrol car in its segment without a doubt.
Old 1st July 2011, 13:24   #299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
IIRC, the display car in Select Citywalk mall in Saket, Delhi is Blue. Since you are in Delhi, you could confirm with someone and check it out there.
Old 1st July 2011, 15:20   #300
BANNED

@sugeetha

what was pricing info given during booking ?
will be more expensive than say the Honda city and /or new verna ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks