Old 11th July 2011, 09:16   #421
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamishra View Post
As per the broucher, difference betweem Titanimum and Titanium+ is only
1. Cruise control
2. Rear sensors

Very strange - just for 2 features, they created a new variant.
Exactly my thoughts! Does not make any business sense. Assume there will be something more than the said features in the + variant.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2011, 09:33   #422
BHPian

My observations after the first hand feel of the car yesterday...

1. The car looks very sporty and attractive.
2. The rear looks "different"... this "different" may mean bad to some, but definitely not to me and my family... I think over the time people will start liking it.
3. Front seats are very comfy and supportive... the front view was good even for my wife (she's only 5')
4. The dash looked great and centre console buttons and the display are easy to operate - however, need to be programmed initially.
5. Voice control was very easy to use... and very effective too - my son operated it a few times without any trouble
6. Steering feels just superb
7. Rear seats are very comfortable with good underthigh support and just perfect height... no claustrophobic feel in rear cabin at all (like in Verna)
8. Rear seat headroom and legroom was quite good too, with driver seat adjusted for my comfort (I'm 5'6")
9. Rear footwell hump is there, but not at all bad (as in Vento)

Some negatives (IMO)
1. I feel the width of the car is not more than the previous Fiesta - the fig of 1722 might be due to thich ORVMs (folded, of course)... becos of this seating three well built people is a tough job (though for my family it will be ok!)
2. Door locking system is not to my liking
3. Miss the rear door pockets and the rear reading lamps

Your views, guys...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
The GC was not mentioned in the brochure. Or did I miss it? Can someone please give the info about ground clearance.
I specifically asked the sales rep about the GC. He said they (Ford trainers?) mentioned 155mm during training, but this might be without taking into consideration the 15" tyres (strange, IMO). As per him, the GC was more than that of Figo, becos there is a floor hump in their stocking area which sometimes touched the underbelly of Figo if not careful... but with New Fiesta there was no problem.

Lets wait for some more info on 14th...

Last edited by benbsb29 : 11th July 2011 at 12:53. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts. Plz use the 'Edit' button if posting within 30 mins of previous post.
rock22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2011, 09:46   #423
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone here seen the interiors of the style and trend variants? How do they look ? Any pictures would be helpful.
Alloys as an option on all variants is definitely good news!
Old 11th July 2011, 10:09   #424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Has anyone here seen the interiors of the style and trend variants? How do they look ? Any pictures would be helpful.
I checked out the new Fiesta in flesh yesterday. I did not get to see the Style and Trend variants though.

Alloys are standard for 3 out of 4 variants. Only the Style variant gets Steel wheels.

Like others have mentioned here, Titanium+ variant is a joke. Having just 2 features extra doesn't qualify it to be a different variant.

I thought the glove box was too small for the size of this car. Even the glove box in my Vista is twice the size of this. Most of us were concerned about the trim quality on the rear seat, but belive me, what I saw yesterday was really good. Superb interior trims, very good feel. The leg room was pretty good IMO. It is comparable to Vento. However, Fiesta is slightly better than Vento in the rear seat leg room, due to a smaller hump in the middle. I tried to move from right most position to left most position and it was piece of cake. In Vento, my feet would get stuck if I have to move from R to L or vice versa. But, ANHC still rocks when it comes to rear seat comfort.

Boot is suffieciently big, but I did not like the rear. It doesn't have the premium feeling. IMO, except the new font used for the Fiesta badge, the rear still looks like the Fiesta classic.

Overall, I liked the car. Personally, I would rate it at 7/10 for the overall package. Verna would get 8-8.5 IMO for price-feature ratio. Price of the new Fiesta will be known only on 14th July. The deliveries would begin in August only, and initially there could be a waiting period for 1.5-2 months for all variants and both engines. TD car will be available by 20th July.
Old 11th July 2011, 10:29   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
I guess Ford wants all consumers to have a look at all the features of the car, hence all showrooms have only the Titianium variant for display. We will have to wait a bit longer to see the other variants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
I checked out the new Fiesta in flesh yesterday. I did not get to see the Style and Trend variants though.

Alloys are standard for 3 out of 4 variants. Only the Style variant gets Steel wheels.

Like others have mentioned here, Titanium+ variant is a joke. Having just 2 features extra doesn't qualify it to be a different variant.

I thought the glove box was too small for the size of this car. Even the glove box in my Vista is twice the size of this. Most of us were concerned about the trim quality on the rear seat, but belive me, what I saw yesterday was really good. Superb interior trims, very good feel. The leg room was pretty good IMO. It is comparable to Vento. However, Fiesta is slightly better than Vento in the rear seat leg room, due to a smaller hump in the middle. I tried to move from right most position to left most position and it was piece of cake. In Vento, my feet would get stuck if I have to move from R to L or vice versa. But, ANHC still rocks when it comes to rear seat comfort.

Boot is suffieciently big, but I did not like the rear. It doesn't have the premium feeling. IMO, except the new font used for the Fiesta badge, the rear still looks like the Fiesta classic.

Overall, I liked the car. Personally, I would rate it at 7/10 for the overall package. Verna would get 8-8.5 IMO for price-feature ratio. Price of the new Fiesta will be known only on 14th July. The deliveries would begin in August only, and initially there could be a waiting period for 1.5-2 months for all variants and both engines. TD car will be available by 20th July.
Great to know about the rear seat. BTW, how are the door panels, esp on the rear doors? In the pics, it looks very Alto-ish and down-market. How did they seem to you?

Last edited by benbsb29 : 11th July 2011 at 12:51. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts. Plz use the 'Edit' button if posting within 30 mins of previous post.
Old 11th July 2011, 10:34   #426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock22 View Post
7. Rear seats are very comfortable with good underthigh support and just perfect height... no claustrophobic feel in rear cabin at all (like in Verna)
8. Rear seat headroom and legroom was quite good too, with driver seat adjusted for my comfort (I'm 5'6")
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Most of us were concerned about the trim quality on the rear seat, but belive me, what I saw yesterday was really good. Superb interior trims, very good feel. The leg room was pretty good IMO.
Thanks for the info guys.

About the leg room - if the front seat was set for a 6' guy (or one step short of being all the way back, as is the case in most cars) how was the rear legroom? Verna could about take one 6'guy sitting in front and another at the back.

Also, how is the headroom in front and back?

Thanks
Old 11th July 2011, 11:17   #427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post

About the leg room - if the front seat was set for a 6' guy (or one step short of being all the way back, as is the case in most cars) how was the rear legroom? Verna could about take one 6'guy sitting in front and another at the back.

Thanks
I have posted some pics of NFS above. See the fourth pic... this shows the rear seat and legroom with the driver seat pushed back about 2 steps short of completely back. I think a 6' person sitting behind a 6' driver might be a bit of tight situation... best to go and personally check it out !

Regarding rear headroom for a 6 footer, IMO there should not be any problem... IIRC, there was a space of more than 6" over my head when sitting on the rear seat (of course, I am only 5'6). Hope this helps
rock22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2011, 11:33   #428
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
My observations after the first hand feel of the car yesterday...
Thanks for sharing the pictures and your thoughts on the car. Couple of questions:
1) The car in the pictures you shared – is that shade Silver or Chill?
2) Did they mention anything about the customization options?

And congratulations on the booking!
What color you have chosen, and when is the delivery promised?
Old 11th July 2011, 11:45   #429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamishra View Post
Great to know about the rear seat. BTW, how are the door panels, esp on the rear doors? In the pics, it looks very Alto-ish and down-market. How did they seem to you?
As I have mentioned already, the door panels and overall fit and finish on the rear was pretty good. Not like the one in the Team BHP reviewed Fiesta. My guess is that was a demo car and what I saw yesterday was a proper production car. Belive me, it was good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post

Thanks
As mentioned in my post, I had pushed the driver seat to its max position backwards and then I checked the legroom by shifting on the rear seat. It was pretty pretty good. I am 5' 8" and I really liked the legroom at the back. Also, like I mentioned, the central hump is not issue at all and this is a proper 5 seater sedan.

The headroom is also good at the rear. May be a taller person can comment on this better, but for me it was comfortable. The rear seats are comfortable and not as flat and short as Verna. There is considerable under thigh suport and the inclination angel is good. I did not feel claustrophoebic inside.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2011, 11:54   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Thanks for sharing the pictures and your thoughts on the car. Couple of questions:
1) The car in the pictures you shared – is that shade Silver or Chill?
2) Did they mention anything about the customization options?

And congratulations on the booking!
What color you have chosen, and when is the delivery promised?
Thanks vb-san !
My kids are absolutely thrilled about the booking... the sporty looks of the car, voice control... and that affected our decision as well !

Now to your queries
1. The car in pictures is moondust silver (and the colour we have booked). We wanted a lighter shade, and there is not much choice... but the actual car in silver looked stunning
2. Discussed with the manager about the customization options mentioned in the brochure... I'm esp. interested in blue option leather seat covers, scuff plates and sporty air drum. They were not sure about the availability right away, but assured they will try to get these asap.

Delivery has been promised by the 1st week of August (in the 1st lot)
Old 11th July 2011, 12:13   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks vb-san !
The car in pictures is moondust silver (and the colour we have booked). We wanted a lighter shade, and there is not much choice... but the actual car in silver looked stunning
2. Discussed with the manager about the customization options mentioned in the brochure... I'm esp. interested in blue option leather seat covers, scuff plates and sporty air drum. They were not sure about the availability right away, but assured they will try to get these asap.

Congratulations rock22. Silver was my choice too. Nice sedate colour.

The customisation options look cool. Hope they are not expensive.

My car has also been promised in the last week of July / 1st week of August, subject to my being in town.

Any mention on the price difference between Titanium and Titanium+ ?

Could not attend the launch on account of my son's birthday. BTW, Dehradun is my hometown, so good to see someone from the area on the Forum.
Sugeeta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2011, 12:28   #432
BHPian

An article on new fiestas features(Pull drift compensation power steering, superior cabin noise reduction)
Two impressive features of all-new Ford Fiesta: Pull drift compensation power steering, superior cabin noise reduction | Driving Ford
Old 11th July 2011, 12:47   #433
BHPian

Quote:

Can someone please explain what exactly is a "sport air drum" ?
Old 11th July 2011, 12:55   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks vb-san !
My kids are absolutely thrilled about the booking... the sporty looks of the car, voice control... and that affected our decision as well !

Now to your queries
1. The car in pictures is moondust silver (and the colour we have booked). We wanted a lighter shade, and there is not much choice... but the actual car in silver looked stunning

Congrats on your booking!! You booked the Petrol or the Desiel? Titanium or Titanium+? According to the sales manager, what will be the approx price of your variant?
Old 11th July 2011, 12:58   #435
BHPian

Visited lathangi Ford showroom on bannerghatta rd in bangalore today. bumped into a fellow bhpian (nataraj) and we both left the place impressed.

Moon dust Silver diesel car was on display.

My opinion:
  • The steering is the highlight in my opinion since it's got a very sporty feel and add a lot to the overall cabin character.
  • I wasn't too keen on gizmos.
  • The sales person came across as knowledgeable but I was quite surprised when he was pushing the Petrol fiesta more than Diesel.
  • The rear is cramped... Two 6 feet tall adults (one occupying driver seat, and one the rear side will find it too tough to manage). Im 6 feet tall myself, when I pushed the driver seat all the way to back, I had to struggle to get in the rear seat..
  • The front seats offer a sporty package. Bucket seats but they hold your sides nice.
  • From driver's seat, this car reminded me of Cruze... Very sporty interior.
  • Boot was too deep and looks much bigger than 430 ltrs as per specs.

Kudos to Ford and Great to hear that they have taken the first step to provide 2 airbags, ABS and EBD across all the variants. Afterall every life is equally important and I couldn't control patting the back of sales person when i heard this... Let Ford lead the way from front on safety !!!! Other Car manufactures, you need to learn from ford.
  • No AT yet. Maybe offered in the next 8-10 months as per the dealer.

The Petrol variant seems a lot more promising at this stage... With 109ps, im sure it will be an awesome driver's car.

They aren't offering TD yet, bookings are open but the prices are closely guarded.

Overall, Ford seems to have a winner on hand for sure... Please don't mess up with the price.
harishpr is online now   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed