Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2011, 12:44   #541
BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

The price is on a higher side than expected. It would be interesting to know the thoughts of members who have already booked the Fiesta.

Guys please share your thoughts.
Old 14th July 2011, 12:46   #542
Senior - BHPian

So Ford has lost it again. Only the Figo can be termed as a sheer VFM from their stable now. Pricing is atleast 50-75k more expensive. Fluidic Verna will continue to rule the segment.
Old 14th July 2011, 12:47   #543
Senior - BHPian

In petrol, Honda City looks VFM after recent price cut and in diesel, Verna and Vento look VFM.
Still Fiesta Classic is a good option if you look at current prices.
Old 14th July 2011, 12:50   #544
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi_k View Post
The price is on a higher side than expected. It would be interesting to know the thoughts of members who have already booked the Fiesta.

I want to know how many are cancelling? The pricing is way too high for the way they have treated the rear part of the car (inside / outside). I think this pricing is going to be a big boost for the vento.

@:mustang: what are your thoughts? if you are allowed to speak your mind.
Old 14th July 2011, 12:50   #545
Senior - BHPian

On Road Price (Mumbai)

Style Petrol 9,59,932

Trend Petrol 10,21,940

Titanium Petrol 10,68,129

Style Diesel 10,79,677

Titanium+ Petrol 10,96,998

Trend Diesel 11,47,625

Titanium Diesel 11,94,233

Titanium+ Diesel 12,23,362

Last edited by djay99 : 14th July 2011 at 12:52.
djay99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2011, 12:54   #546
BHPian

Quote:

With an additional 42K out of the pocket for Titanium+, I am not too happy about the pricing.

Maybe we were all anticipating the car pricing to undercut the Verna pricing by a fair margin, hence the reaction.

But overall it is a good car. I'm going for it. Hope the delivery does not take too long now that the car is finally, formally, officially etc. etc. launched.
Old 14th July 2011, 12:54   #547
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
@:mustang: what are your thoughts? if you are allowed to speak your mind.
My opinion for this is that the pricing is good for any european country or maybe america but for India, the variants are priced around 50-75K more for each variant.
Old 14th July 2011, 12:55   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinya_jag View Post
This suggests that Ford is not underpricing the car to capture market volumes.
They have got their best car into India. Albeit with a 100 cc capacity disadvantage to others, one could argue that this car could still be the best in the segment in a lot of aspects.
The 100 cc disadvantage probably will not shoo away buyers since not many would even notice the power difference when you compare it with the diesel Verna or the ANHC petrol.
Yes, the awkward back could be one reason why a buyer is made to look elsewhere, but there still was no reason for Ford to underprice this car.

This will start a true fight between these cars now. Lets see who wins now.
And lets wait and see who comes ahead 4 years from now when these cars would have aged and would have lived their lives.

My guess:
Now: Verna-Fiesta-Vento-City
4 years from now - City-Fiesta-Vento-Verna
You're right Ford has brought their best car to India. Fiesta has been rated very well for safety and for reliability. However they have an existing image in India as a VFM brand. It will take some doing for them to convince the buyers otherwise.

The general Indian public love two things in their cars. Mileage and Bling. Ford will probably beat all other cars in the mileage department( even though Verna has a 6 speed) but the Bling factor will definitely rest with Honda and Hyundai.

My guess:
Now: Verna-Vento-City-Fiesta
4 years from now - Verna-City-Fiesta-Vento
Old 14th July 2011, 12:57   #549
Distinguished - BHPian

It just makes the Vento extremely VFM in my opinion. If VW brings in a comfortline variant then it will become even more difficult for the NFS to survive. Hugely disappointed with the high price tag. Or may be we were expecting too much!
Old 14th July 2011, 12:57   #550
BHPian

O my gosh !
These are definitely "killing" prices... Just called up my dealer in Dehradun and asked him to put my booking on hold. The sales manager also sounded put off with the pricing and was anticipating cancellations
Old 14th July 2011, 12:57   #551
Senior - BHPian

I accept that ford has priced this way too high even for the base variant. Ford has lost it, at this price range both verna and vento looks to me like a better buy.

OTR for titanium diesel model will be around 13 lakhs in chennai!!! Cruze LT is just a few thousands more, I don't see a good reason to pick either of the titanium variants over it!!!
Old 14th July 2011, 12:59   #552
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
My opinion for this is that the pricing is good for any european country or maybe america but for India, the variants are priced around 50-75K more for each variant.
Exactly the same was mentioned by many tbhpians when Hyundai launched New verna but if you look now, there is a good waiting period.
The same may happen with new fiesta. Lets wait and watch.
Lets hear from people who have already booked before Ford revealed prices - Are they going to cancel booking and buy a new Verna / Vento or are they going to proceed buying new fiesta?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
OTR for titanium diesel model will be around 13 lakhs in chennai!!! Cruze LT is just a few thousands more, I don't see a good reason to pick either of the titanium variants over it!!!
Ford Fiesta On Road Price Chennai
Titanium Diesel 12,14,398
Titanium + Diesel 12,44,023

(Source - Carwale)

Last edited by djay99 : 14th July 2011 at 13:04.
Old 14th July 2011, 13:01   #553
BHPian

Quote:

Hi Adi_k, yes I agree with you the prices are higher than expected. I have already paid the 50k booking amount. I anticipated the price for Titanium+ to be 11.1L OTR Mumbai. It seems like it will be 11.8L OTR. I will still be going ahead with the NFS since I personally dislike the low seating in the Verna and the long waitlist they currently have and Verna is still more expensive (top end diesel). I know it is close to Verna but for the technology it offers I prefer it to the Verna and am going ahead with it! Also, I have driven the car in the US and I feel the build quality is better than the Verna.
Old 14th July 2011, 13:03   #554
BHPian

If you compare the pricing of ANHV versus Fiesta, the ex-showroom prices of the mid-level variant of the Verna can be compared to the entry level variant of the fiesta and upwards.

I don't know if the features of these variants are comparable though. Anyway, at the outset the prices are not inviting for sure!
Old 14th July 2011, 13:09   #555
BHPian

Kudos to the Chennai FORD sales team. They clearly told that the price will start from 8.5 to 11.5 lacs. I didn't believe that point of time. However, it's on par with verna/vento pricing.

Most Viewed