Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2011, 16:50   #631
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilguy View Post
I don't understand this. First people cry themselves hoarse that a company should provide all safety features like airbags, ABS and EBD on even the lowest variants, and how no company does that on a "below 10 lac" car. Now when a company does the right thing, everyone goes "Whoa what have they done, why is it so expensive". Infact, in the comparision sheet posted, going by the equipment levels, the lowest variant of the fiesta should be compared to the mid variant of other cars.

Do you want the safety and other equipment free of cost?
Agreed on the entry level features and pricing but what makes the top end also so costlier than the competitors?
Old 14th July 2011, 16:51   #632
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi1309 View Post
You are right with the 13 lac statement but the rest is all trash and a bit immature. That's just a myth that Fords are more expensive to maintain and of course we have had a million threads in team-bhp to discuss that. Keep that topic away from this thread. I can vouch for the maintenance part having two fords with me.
Trash & immature?? What ford cars do you own ?
I know about the ford threads here on team-bhp I keep posting in them.
I own a figo and within 1 year I have been to the A.S.S more than 10 times for various problems varying from rattling to electrical ones.
Now the headlight leveler has gone for a toss, Second time this is happening. What will be my situation after the warranty expires in 2 years ?

How many "NEW" Jap cars have this many problems ? None.

Last edited by Captain Slow : 14th July 2011 at 16:55.
Old 14th July 2011, 16:51   #633
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post

Valid statement, but this always happens right? And is the new Fiesta really a replacement car?
I know its not, you know its not.
But for about 80% of the potential customer, the NFS is The replacement for the Ford Fiesta Classic. And thats the way they will be seeing the car as.
Moreover, it is anyway an old Gen Fiesta
Old 14th July 2011, 16:54   #634
BHPian

Safety equipments or no safety equipments Ford I think has got it wrong this time. After killer pricing on the Figo and after all the waiting for pricing of All New Fiesta honestly, I was expecting mroe from Ford.

YOu may have all the things in the world in your car but if it is not VFM then the customer is not going to look at it twice.

Just like fiesta classic this one is definitely going to have a lot of discounts coming in the times to come. So people who are going to buy it now are not going to be happy..

They just threw the game away just like that....
Old 14th July 2011, 16:56   #635
BHPian

Disappointing prices, to say the least.Fiesta Fiesta 1.5D Titanium Plus comes at 1043358 ex- showroom, while the new Verna 1.6CRDi SX (O), with its cracker engine, all the features and leather trim goes for 1005616 in Kochi. Pay around 35k more than the Fiesta, and you will get the Verna Auto!

In comparison, the Fluence Diesel is just Rs 2.5L dearer and the Corolla Diesel is just 3L more for the mid spec G!

IMO, the new Fiesta is overpriced by around 75k.

Last edited by Yeldo : 14th July 2011 at 16:58.
Old 14th July 2011, 17:00   #636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Moreover, it is anyway an old Gen Fiesta
Why do say its an old gen Fiesta? This is the Fiesta Mark VI which is sold globally, and it surely seems to be new gen.
Old 14th July 2011, 17:06   #637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
Disappointing prices, to say the least.Fiesta Fiesta 1.5D Titanium Plus comes at 1043358 ex- showroom, while the new Verna 1.6CRDi SX (O), with its cracker engine, all the features and leather trim goes for 1005616 in Kochi. Pay around 35k more than the Fiesta, and you will get the Verna Auto!

In comparison, the Fluence Diesel is just Rs 2.5L dearer and the Corolla Diesel is just 3L more for the mid spec G!

IMO, the new Fiesta is overpriced by around 75k.
Overpriced by about a lac if you ask me. I am seriously waiting for a reaction by the car buying public by way of sales figures. Pricing is totally in a different segment.
Old 14th July 2011, 17:09   #638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
Nothing personal brother.
I know. Same here. That opinions comment was me getting upset with the pricing and wanting some time off this thread to think. Decided to go to a movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilguy View Post
"Whoa what have they done, why is it so expensive".
^^ Who knows? I might decide to buy it also after the self made shock wears away.
Old 14th July 2011, 17:14   #639
BHPian

The reaction of the general car buying public is very much predictable here, they are going for the verna or the vento or the SX4 or even the linea which appears VFM.

Compared to this pricing from Ford the Linea actually feels VFM

I got some of my friends to block their plans for cars in this segment saying that Ford is going to come up with a Fiesta with features unseen and a killer pricing. This is just disappointing;

very few people are going to buy the fiesta and then they are going to repent when Ford slashes prices (due to sluggish sales). This has happened will all their models (except Figo).
Old 14th July 2011, 17:16   #640
BHPian

And suddenly my ANHV SX(O) CRDi seems VFM! I had taken the gamble of going for the ANHV rather than wait for NFS, knowing that in the coming days the waiting period for ANHV would be no less than 6 months - and the gamble has actually paid off. 9,000 kms on the clock, with or without the complaints people put forward for ANHV by TDing it for less than 10 kms, I can vouch for the fact that no one can really go wrong with it!
Old 14th July 2011, 17:18   #641
BHPian

hehehehe this erases all the guilt i got from buying the Tjet... and not having waited for the world famous Global Fiesta...
Ford wimped out!!!
Old 14th July 2011, 17:18   #642
BHPian

As someone who was looking to buy a sedan I am disappointed. I have been postponing my decision till today but after looking at the pricing I am not willing to pay 12L+ for a Titanium variant. I guess i will go with Optra Magnum which comes for less than 11 lakhs OTR Hyderabad or even reconsider Vento.
Old 14th July 2011, 17:20   #643
Team-BHP Support

Disappointed with the pricing. It should have easily undercut the Verna. Feature for Feature the Verna is loaded and has a much better engine.

Handling be damned. If I go for a TD now for both these cars, I will be blown away by the Vernas performance. The Fiesta might offer better dynamics but what's the use when the Verna has more power, better features and priced lower.

Thumbs down to Ford.

Also just realised with the Vento, new Fiesta and new Verna the Honda city is the most VFM car in the segment!!! Who would have ever thought a Honda being VFM.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2011, 17:31   #644
BHPian

While coming back from the Airport, I walked into a Ford showroom in South Delhi; even the guys at showroom were looking disappointed & shocked with the pricing!

IMO, why should one go for NFS at 12 Lacs, when you have Cruze sitting there!

Last edited by breezydrive : 14th July 2011 at 17:36.
breezydrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2011, 17:48   #645
BHPian

Prices Announced. Below are ex-showroom Delhi:

•Fiesta Style P : Rs. 8,23,500/-
•Fiesta Style D : Rs. 9,27,200/-
•Fiesta Trend P : Rs. 8,77,200/-
•Fiesta Trend D : Rs. 9,77,200/-
•Fiesta Titanium P : Rs. 9,17,200/-
•Fiesta Titanium D : Rs. 10,17,200/-
•Fiesta Titanium+ P : Rs. 9,42,200/-