Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2011, 16:11   #1306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS

Since i have also booked a Trend Variant and might jump to the Titanium, please let me know the following
a. What does the central display show as it does not have the VAC
b. How do you find the seats? As the Trend has smaller seats when compared to Titanium
c. General Question (Do you scrap the infamous speed breakers in Bangalore?)

Interior pics would be welcome. Have you started an Initial ownership review thread that i missed?
I went for a test drive of the Fiesta Titanium diesel variant in Metro Ford. The car seemed to have a good ground clearance. i took it for TD till Double road and back and havent scraped any of the breakers.
Parthasarathig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2011, 16:13   #1307
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Maybe you have been seeing the same cars again and agin

Jokes apart saw the first fiesta, a blue one in Hinjewadi. The color is smashing and eye-catching, but I wonder how it'll look after the shine comes off.
Plus the owner's going to have a tough job handling the scratches, even more than me!
Ok, here it goes:

1) I saw a moss green one (dont know the exact colour name) on Law College road
2) 2 Silvers, one on Karve Road, one on bypass near Sadanand
3) 2 Whites, one near Deccan, one in Camp
4) Saw the blue one in Kothrud last Saturday

That takes care of the 6 out of the 8-10. Rest I am not sure.

But on a serious note, the new Fiesta is really not that bad except for the pricing. When took a TD, the TD car did not have any lose parts, the rear door trims and overall interiors were pretty good. Only poor design thing common in any Fiesta are those crappy hinges on the rear-seat arm rest. I almost have a feeling that those hinges might tear off your shirt's sleeves. Silver coloured Fiesta looked really fab in the showroom, especially those head lights are stunners when viewed at night time. Ford, reduce the price of all variants by 1 lac and you will then start seeing some light at the end of the tunnel.
Old 23rd November 2011, 16:50   #1308
BHPian

So we have 4 NFF owners on the Forum now :

- STARCHILD
- hypermiler
- nk1969
- Sugeeta

and MAS who is soon getting his car. Please List any others I am not aware of.
Old 23rd November 2011, 17:41   #1309
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post

- STARCHILD
- hypermiler
- nk1969
- Sugeeta

We should have a party when we reach double figures!!!

- STARCHILD - Petrol
- hypermiler - Petrol
- nk1969 - Diesel
- Sugeeta - Diesel
and me - Diesel.

Diesel to Petrol = 3:2. Ford had estimated a 3:7 (Diesel:Petrol) demand for its Fiesta. I guess they aimed the car to take away market from Honda City.

I also found this interesting "After Market" 2 DIN system for the Fiesta. Not sure how the it would work for the VACs. Check it out...

ETO OEM In Car DVD GPS Sat Nav Navigation iPod Multimedia Stereo for Ford Fiesta | eBay

Rohopa Industry Ltd. - Products - Special for Ford Fiesta

Rohopa is available on alibaba.com. I have not yet got the prices for the product on alibaba.com

Both products seem to offer Bluetooth, SAT Navigation (software required), Reverse cam compatibility, DVD, TV, etc and the best part is that it the screen is no more just monochromatic red display.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
I went for a test drive of the Fiesta Titanium diesel variant in Metro Ford. The car seemed to have a good ground clearance. i took it for TD till Double road and back and havent scraped any of the breakers.
Having used the Fusion, i am mentally preparing myself to own the Fiesta as it has lower ground clearance. I will be in Bangalore this weekend in my Fusion, but never worried about any of those speed breakers. I guess, i still have to change my driving style when i encounter speed breakers.

Last edited by MAS : 23rd November 2011 at 18:05.
Old 23rd November 2011, 18:56   #1310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta

- STARCHILD
- hypermiler
- nk1969
- Sugeeta

Hey Sugeeta! Looks like you forgot me haha. I was the first on the forum to get mine! How's your car treating you?
Old 23rd November 2011, 22:19   #1311

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Since i have also booked a Trend Variant and might jump to the Titanium, please let me know the following
a. What does the central display show as it does not have the VAC
b. How do you find the seats? As the Trend has smaller seats when compared to Titanium
c. General Question (Do you scrap the infamous speed breakers in Bangalore?)

Interior pics would be welcome. Have you started an Initial ownership review thread that i missed?
Answers to your qustions:
a) the central display stays dark except when you switch off the engine then a red led starts blinking (i guess the security system arming itself?)
b) Seats are exactly the same as the ones in Titanium + except the fabric. The fabric in my car seemed a little coarser that the one I found in the car I test drove. But barely noticeable.
c) so far I haven't scraped the bottom.. and i went over some huge ones even for BLR standards

Other differences that I can think of apart from the obvious ones: no provisions for securing the floor mats, and no USB port. And you get only the odo and trip meter nothing else.

I haven't started an ownership thread as I didnt get enough time yet. This thread was a very good source of info and had helped me a lot in making my decision. A big thanks to all the contributors!

I have some pics just drop me an email i can send you what I have. email: nk at tripudiamos dot com
Old 23rd November 2011, 23:43   #1312
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak77 View Post
Hey Sugeeta! Looks like you forgot me haha. I was the first on the forum to get mine! How's your car treating you?
Apologies for not including you. That makes 5 owners of the New Fiesta in TBhp, but only two ownership reports?!

How is your car treating you? Please update. Would appreciate if you could post an ownership thread and share your experiences.
Old 27th November 2011, 22:35   #1313
Senior - BHPian

Had a short drive on the Fiesta TDCi Titanium today as part of the Ford DFSL programme practical session. Here's what I noticed:

1. The front seats are comfortable. Really comfortable. The dash is funky and interesting, though aesthetically not really to my taste.

2. The rear is clearly a couple of notches below in terms of materials used and space. But it's not really unacceptable, especially to someone like me who'd spend 99% time in front.

3. The 90 BHP motor pulls strong and linear, without much of turbo-lag, not at all like the Linea Multijet in third gear.

4. On a lonely road, we had to switch off the blower and even then had to strain to hear anything like the clatter of a CRDI engine. The NVH is fantastic. At idle, its difficult to say its a diesel. At cruising speeds, road noise is the only noise.

5. Had I not known before-hand that it's an EPS, there was no way I would have known. No way. It's rock steady, had decent feedback an taking a u-turn on an empty (desolate and un-used as well) road as part of the exercise was pure bliss. Clearly, the Fiesta ride / handling / steering combination still delights. I suppose only the Linea would be better in this department.

All said and done, for the enthusiast who does a large number of kilometres a month, this would have still been THE car. Only the Linea does most of the same things at almost 1.5 - 2 lakh rupees lesser!
Old 28th November 2011, 12:05   #1314
BHPian

Quote:
My due apologies carfreak77. How could I have missed your name?

That makes it 5.

How is the car running? Have you noticed the drive quality improving substantially with time?
Old 28th November 2011, 20:13   #1315
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Carfreak, being first is ok, but where is the ownership review? How is the car going?
Old 29th November 2011, 17:34   #1316
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nk1969 View Post
a) the central display stays dark except when you switch off the engine then a red led starts blinking (i guess the security system arming itself?)
nk.. I am sorry for the wrong communication. I was asking about the central display in the dash board.

Quote:
b) Seats are exactly the same as the ones in Titanium + except the fabric. The fabric in my car seemed a little coarser that the one I found in the car I test drove. But barely noticeable.
When i checked out the cars (many times) the seats in the Titanium are completely different when compared to the Trend version. Style and Trend get the "normal" seats (like the Fiesta classic), while Titanium had seats were longer with extra "wings" and i got a better thigh support in the Titanium.

Quote:
c) so far I haven't scraped the bottom.. and i went over some huge ones even for BLR standards
This is a huge plus.

Quote:
I have some pics just drop me an email i can send you what I have. email: nk at tripudiamos dot com
Will send you the mail now. You could also share your pics here.
Old 29th November 2011, 17:48   #1317
Senior - BHPian

They may just launch the AT at a Killer price along with a price revision for the entire range. Otherwise this is just a wasted effort !!

Diesel AT is still not available in this segment and as rightly pointed out by some BHPians makes the most amount of sense.

Anyways having seen the Fiesta on the road, i feel it looks too small for the segment and almost hatch like ! Its also a grade lower on interior quality. These are truly challenging times for Ford !
Old 2nd December 2011, 18:30   #1318
BHPian

Just received a mailer from Ford regarding their midnight sale. Rs 75000/- off on petrol fiesta.

Does anyone have details about the offer, the terms and conditions etc? How its this offer different from their earlier offer?

Thanks.
Old 3rd December 2011, 00:16   #1319
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandarMax View Post
Just received a mailer from Ford regarding their midnight sale. Rs 75000/- off on petrol fiesta.

Does anyone have details about the offer, the terms and conditions etc? How its this offer different from their earlier offer?

Thanks.
This offer is in place for over a month now. You could check the Ford Web site for more details.

It is December now, but there is no word from Ford on discounts for its Fiesta Diesel. I guess i will wait for the Auto Expo before i jump in...
Old 3rd December 2011, 19:34   #1320
MAS
Senior - BHPian

My SA just informed me that Ford will offer 25 K discount for its oil burner from Dec 5, 2011 after the much advertised Ford midnight sale is over.

I was happy with the discount offered, but have asked the SA if they could reduce the Ex-showroom price of Titanium by another 13 K, which would bring it to 9.99 Lakhs. If this happens I would save another whopping 50K in taxes.

Hope they oblige. Seems like this is the beginning of Good times ahead for Fiesta...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks