Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2011, 23:23   #1231
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Dude, have you booked the car already? Any info on Diwali discounts on the TDCi?
Yes, its over a month (Sept 13th to be exact) since i have booked my TDCi Trend Moonbeam Silver. I was told a waiting period of 3 months, which i knew was only to create "artificial demand". I was in no hurry to get the new car as my Fusion TDCi is running well (With 1.23 L km on the odo) and my travel plans were overlapping many days in October and November. Plus, i expected to enjoy a festive discount.

There have been no discounts on the TDCi till date and all the festive discounts seem to be focused on the Petrol version only. I was told Ford expected to sell more Petrol engine cars than diesel, hence the delay in delivery. But, as expected, my dealer called me twice and claimed that the car is ready for delivery.

But my patience of waiting for a festive discount seem to be running out. I simply loved the way it drives and after seeing many Fiestas in China (last month and even today), my longing to own this car sooner is growing stronger.
Old 17th October 2011, 23:34   #1232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS

Yes, its over a month (Sept 13th to be exact) since i have booked my TDCi Trend Moonbeam Silver. I was told a waiting period of 3 months, which i knew was only to create "artificial demand". I was in no hurry to get the new car as my Fusion TDCi is running well (With 1.23 L km on the odo) and my travel plans were overlapping many days in October and November. Plus, i expected to enjoy a festive discount.

There have been no discounts on the TDCi till date and all the festive discounts seem to be focused on the Petrol version only. I was told Ford expected to sell more Petrol engine cars than diesel, hence the delay in delivery. But, as expected, my dealer called me twice and claimed that the car is ready for delivery.

But my patience of waiting for a festive discount seem to be running out. I simply loved the way it drives and after seeing many Fiestas in China (last month and even today), my longing to own this car sooner is growing stronger.
Great! I did a long test drive of the TDCi and it impressed me big time. But the price is keeping me away for now. I am also planning for the Trend variant
Old 17th October 2011, 23:54   #1233
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Great! I did a long test drive of the TDCi and it impressed me big time. But the price is keeping me away for now. I am also planning for the Trend variant
Yes. It is a superb car. I had earlier written off the TDCi looking at the price. Then when i drove all the other cars in its range (Verna, Vento, Magnum & Linea), i felt i will miss the Ford's handling and ride quality. Hence, took a dip and booked the Trend, which has almost everything (ABS, EBD, Airbags, Alloys, Fogs, ACC, Steering mounted controls, a great ICE for a OE, etc.,). It is definitely VFM and i would strongly suggest you to go ahead and book it.
Old 18th October 2011, 11:12   #1234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Was eagerly looking forward to your report as i will take delivery of my Fiesta TDCi in November. I hope it does not turn out to be a Long Term Ownership Review instead of the Initial Ownership Report...
Most of the text part so far is complete. Hope mods find it adequate to move it to the live section. More stuff would follow with time.

Car had run 1800 Kms. so far - no major complaints.
Old 18th October 2011, 11:27   #1235
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
Most of the text part so far is complete. Hope mods find it adequate to move it to the live section. More stuff would follow with time.
That's good! Have been waiting to read your ownership report! Have you pinged the Mods & requested them to push it to the LIVE section? I guess they need an intimation & only then they will move it from assembly line.
Old 18th October 2011, 14:43   #1236
BHPian

@MAS; swiftnfurious; my initial ownership review is live now in the relevant section. Would look forward to your comments.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...sta-sedan.html

Cheers
Sugeeta

Last edited by Sugeeta : 18th October 2011 at 14:44.
Sugeeta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2011, 11:53   #1237
BHPian

Hi all,

This is a review for the Fiesta Titanium Petrol that I created two weeks back. Most of you might have read it already. For continuity sake, I am including the link here for any future readers.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...km-report.html
Old 27th October 2011, 15:22   #1238
Distinguished - BHPian

New Ford Fiesta AT expected to be launched by mid-November.

Prices could be ~10.2L for the petrol AT, and ~11.2L for the diesel AT (if launched).

Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-fordfistaautomatictransmissionindia.jpg

Ford Fiesta AT India launch soon, Ford Fiesta Automatic Transmission India price and specs | DWS Auto India
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2011, 15:34   #1239
BHPian

Wrong pricing to make any meaningful impact in the market. 11.5 for diesel A/T heck!

Ford must address Non AT variant exorbidnat price with a brave correction of 1.5L.

To take on Hyundai Fluidic Verna Diesel A/T Ford must price its Diesel A/T below 10L.
Old 27th October 2011, 18:58   #1240
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
New Ford Fiesta AT expected to be launched by mid-November.

Prices could be ~10.2L for the petrol AT, and ~11.2L for the diesel AT (if launched).
Ford Fiesta AT India launch soon, Ford Fiesta Automatic Transmission India price and specs | DWS Auto India
Thanks for the link. It will be a good move if Ford decide on the AT box, especially in the diesel variant.

But I am not sure how reliable is the information posted on websites like these. For one, they are not very well informed on the cars we have in the market. They have mentioned that 'The only other car that offers a dual-clutch six-speed automatic in this segment is the Volkswagen Vento petrol automatic'. That’s news to most of us
Old 27th October 2011, 21:33   #1241
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Thanks for the link. It will be a good move if Ford decide on the AT box, especially in the diesel variant.

But I am not sure how reliable is the information posted on websites like these. For one, they are not very well informed on the cars we have in the market. They have mentioned that 'The only other car that offers a dual-clutch six-speed automatic in this segment is the Volkswagen Vento petrol automatic'. That’s news to most of us
LOL true, vb.

Another site (cardekho) is also reporting about the Fiesta AT as well, so there might be some truth in it. Let's see if things become clearer in the days to come.
Old 28th October 2011, 23:13   #1242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
But I am not sure how reliable is the information posted on websites like these. For one, they are not very well informed on the cars we have in the market.
Reliability of information we can't be sure of, but DWS are reasonably well-informed about the cars we have in our market. One of the key people in DWS Auto is known to me and many other people on this forum. He's also a member here. Their road tests (and video reviews) are much better than some of the nonsense mainstream news channels dish out to us.
architect is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2011, 10:38   #1243
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Something is cooking at Ford India on November 7

Read this on Indianautosblog.com

Something is cooking at Ford India on November 7

Ford India is unveiling a car on the 7th of November. The preparations for the media event are underway and there are strong signals that this isn’t going to serve as stage or launchpad for the second of the eight products Ford has promised by mid-decade.

Is it a variant of an existing model. Could it be the Fiesta AT? Or is it a new variant of the Ford Figo after assessing the stiffening competition?
Earlier it was believed that the AT model did not feature in Ford India’s 2011 business plan. Given the slow start of the Fiesta manuals, could Ford have changed its mind?
Ford India isn’t willing to share the details yet, but stay tuned for further updates.
Unquote

I just hope Ford announces a price correction for its Fiesta range.
Old 29th October 2011, 11:26   #1244

Re: Something is cooking at Ford India on November 7

Note from Mod : You have already posted your story in another thread. But posting it again and again on various threads is NOT permitted. In fact, we will count it as SPAM. Please do NOT needlessly spam across various threads with the exact same post.

Last edited by GTO : 31st October 2011 at 14:43.
Zaira D Gomes is offline   Received Infraction
Old 29th October 2011, 14:43   #1245
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Something is cooking at Ford India on November 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Ford India is unveiling a car on the 7th of November. The preparations for the media event are underway and there are strong signals that this isn’t going to serve as stage or launchpad for the second of the eight products Ford has promised by mid-decade.
It could be the 1.6L Figo from the Fiesta Classic. I had spotted a "different" Figo when I went to pondicherry last year and had posted it on a thread.

There are very less chances that a brand will announce a price cut in such an event. That would be "buying" negative publicity!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks