Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2014, 14:18   #646
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Beat TCDI Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace69 View Post
Took the car to the SVC and they inspected and replaced the brake booster free of cost. The car feels okay now. No more grinding brakes..

Brake Boosters were replaced today on my Beat under warranty. Haven't claimed any problem so the replacement seems common.
rahuldevnath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 20:57   #647
BHPian

The engine noise seems to be on the higher side nowadays. Pretty annoying as well. Some times sounds like a tractor especially during morning starts.
Old 9th October 2014, 12:01   #648
BHPian

I recently left my beat diesel for the 52,500 kms periodic maintenance at Sundaram motors, chennai. I was told that now GM has revised the schedule for oil change. Going forward, for every 7500kms (or 6 months) there will be oil change (but you are not required to change oil filter). The reason being quoted as change in Oil grade. On every 15000 kms (or 6 months) you will get the filters changed. I asked for the official communication report from GM, but somehow they convinced me not to show
Meanwhile, i was mentioned about the extended warranty for additional 2 years. Looks like if you need to avail that now for additional 2 years, you will be allowed to do so latest before 2 months of your 3 years ownership completion.

Last edited by Balaji31582 : 9th October 2014 at 12:02. Reason: added the reason
Old 9th October 2014, 14:34   #649

I am driving the Beat LT for the past two years and have been getting a mileage of around 20kmpl within city (with AC). Mine is a 2012 model. After the last service done at 45000 kms, the engine has become smoother than before with much lesser noise than what it was at around 20000kms. I just love this car.
ayanjit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2014, 01:55   #650
BHPian

Dear Team-Bhp fellows this is my first post on the forum. Just took delivery of my Sandrift Grey Beat TCDI on 12th December from Treo Chevrolet (Okhla, New Delhi). The staff there is just awesome and they tried everything to make this purchase a pleasurable experience. Went directly to B.K tyres and changed the stock 165 Goodyears to 175 section XM2 (didn't change fifth) alongwith 4 alloys. Installed Sony XSP-n1bt with 400W JBL 6x9 speakers. I will write a proper ownership experience soon.

Chevrolet Beat TCDI Diesel : Test Drive & Review-20141211162319.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocizer View Post
Just heard from ORANGE AUTO Chevrolet Hyderabad that GM has revised Oil change intervals on Beat Diesel to 7500Kms which was 15k kms before

Does anyone have any info on this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
Yes.

I had been for my 45k or 4.5 years service this week and accidently the SA advised me to change the engine oil since it had been 8k Kms on it. When i questioned him, he checked the car that is a petrol version and rectified his mistake. It seems GM has advised ASS to change oil at 7.5 k intervals for Diesel Beat's
Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
For first batch beat diesel, the oil interval is 15k kms. For later batches, it is reduced to 7.5k kms. I feel it is mainly to increase oil consumption, as it is hard to believe that after so much testing, company mistakenly gave twice the limit for an oil change. I plan to stick with 15k kms change only.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balaji31582 View Post
I recently left my beat diesel for the 52,500 kms periodic maintenance at Sundaram motors, chennai. I was told that now GM has revised the schedule for oil change. Going forward, for every 7500kms (or 6 months) there will be oil change (but you are not required to change oil filter). The reason being quoted as change in Oil grade. On every 15000 kms (or 6 months) you will get the filters changed. I asked for the official communication report from GM, but somehow they convinced me not to show
Meanwhile, i was mentioned about the extended warranty for additional 2 years. Looks like if you need to avail that now for additional 2 years, you will be allowed to do so latest before 2 months of your 3 years ownership completion.
Regarding all these posts related to Service Interval change.

I downloaded the pdf version of Beat TCDI's service manual from GM India's website 2 days before taking the delivery(Was shocked after seeing the service interval change). Although I myself was not so inclined towards an engine oil change interval of 15000 kms but 7500 kms is just too low. As per my conversation with service personal at Treo Chevrolet (Okhla, New Delhi), this is been done because of many engine problems received from customers. But the downside is the increased maintenance cost, even the CPCC package cost is increased from nearly 21000 to 30499 for 3 years and its getting closure to Cruze(Not a good thing). The odd services at 7500, 22500 and so on will be normal services excluding engine oil filter,cabin air filter and diesel filter. Lets see how well this comes out as I just bought a Beat for low maintenance and the same thing increased to nearly double straight away.
Chevrolet Beat TCDI Diesel : Test Drive & Review-sc-beat.jpg

Chevrolet Beat TCDI Diesel : Test Drive & Review-mp-beat.jpg

It will be very helpful if you guys can help me by posting your maintenance costs for past 2-3 years .
dchahal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2014, 19:31   #651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchahal View Post

It will be very helpful if you guys can help me by posting your maintenance costs for past 2-3 years .

I can probably confirm that i have spent close to 15k in the first 3 years for the maintenance and servicing cost for Beat Petrol. I am quite sure you will not spend more than 30k in the first 3 years if you have 6 services in total.
Old 29th December 2014, 19:34   #652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
I can probably confirm that i have spent close to 15k in the first 3 years for the maintenance and servicing cost for Beat Petrol. I am quite sure you will not spend more than 30k in the first 3 years if you have 6 services in total.
Thanks for your feedback Mr. Beat. I wonder what a Swift owner spends in 3 initial years.
Old 2nd January 2015, 22:22   #653
BHPian

Got my first checkup done at 1018 kms at Treo Chevrolet, Okhla. Its little awkward to buy car from one location and service from their workshop which is located at some other place. I feel only MS & Hyundai have everything under one roof and all foreign players follow this two way strategy. There can be two meanings to this, one funny one is to save the over promised sales staff while selling the vehicle, which stays at sales showroom and second serious one is to save cost as showroom locations are costly and they manage it by just investing in showroom there not service.

Jokes apart, lets do some business. Took appointment again on phone as I was given 5th Jan timing and I was at 1000 kms already on 30th December. Reached there around 2 PM on 31st and the delivery timing was given for around 4:15 PM. SA asked me about the underbody treatment which was 1500+taxes and felt very reasonable to me. It came with 5 year warranty and 10 checkups in total. However quality of work was not as professional as it should be, they just blew some air on wet parts and started spraying the rubber like black liquid. As new beat comes with 175mm ground clearance and due to my upsize to 175/65r14, I feel GC is atleast at 180mm rightnow. Scraping the bottom is having less chances now, which kills the warranty of this treatment. But surely, I am feeling some sound insulation from tire noise.

Bill for the checkup was obviously Zero and I have two free services left which should be completed within 2015 itself.

Kitna deti hai :
I was very gentle from start, as I have a habit of run-in my new vehicles (mostly bikes as its my first new car) properly. 2200 rpm was my peak point for first 1000 kms and drive was mostly city including 2-3 Gurgaon-Faridabad hill road drives. The mileage is hovering above 20 kmpl without AC and considering its a new engine, I feel it will become better only with time
dchahal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2015, 14:07   #654

Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

My 2012 DEC Beat Diesel LT is due for 30K Kms service in the coming weeks

So I called up Orange Chevrolet Hyderabad for an estimate and the reply I got was shocking they said it would cost as much as 9000 INR

I didnt ask for a complete cost breakup but he mentioned things like
Engine Oil, Oil Filter, Fuel Filter, Air Filter, Brake Fluid, Pollen Filter etc needs to be changed

a quick google search revealed the following
http://www.mycarhelpline.com/index.p...=755&Itemid=10

According to the website the cost hovers around 5300

Can anyone comment if it would indeed cost 9000 or am I being taken for a ride

P.S : My last service was done in september 2014 at 21000 Kms which includes a Engine oil change now that Chevrolet has changed the interval to 7500Kms i need to change the oil at 28500 KMS once again
Old 13th February 2015, 11:07   #655
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocizer View Post
I didnt ask for a complete cost breakup but he mentioned things like
Engine Oil, Oil Filter, Fuel Filter, Air Filter, Brake Fluid, Pollen Filter etc needs to be changed
Service advisors have monthly targets and they'll always try to push unnecessary stuff down your (car's) throat. In this case however, your service advisor is suggesting the right replacements.

According to the maintenance chart of the Beat diesel (link), you need to replace all that's listed in your post.

Just make sure the prices for each item are accurate, and that he doesn't throw in bill enhancers (e.g. air-con disinfectant, underbody rust proofing, engine coating, decarbonisation ).
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st April 2015, 17:36   #656
BHPian

MY FINAL AND WORST SERVICE EXPERIENCE WITH SUNDARAM MOTORS

Recently, my beat was ready for its 60000 kms service. I decided to go for IGNITE garage (maintained by Mr.Raghav). Till that time, I got my beat serviced with Sundaram Motors, chennai as to make sure I get the advantage of warrany related issues.

When I left my car at ignite, during test drive, I requested them to check for my car's left side front suspension, AC cooling effect and general service. I got a call back from Raghav mentioning that my left suspension's lower arm has to be replaced as it looks to have got cut. Another surprising information was that my Car's AC doesn't have a filter at all. I for a second, couldn't imagine that I have driven my car for almost more than 7000 kms without noticing this. The last service I left was at 52500 kms around with sundaram motors. That was around october. Since it was raining a bit in my area, in general we didn't use the AC heavily. But in February, its a usual chennai weather and I started noticing the cooling issue. Even with respect to suspension, I was constantly informing the service team at sundaram that the wheel-alignment store whenever i go for alignment or balancing my wheel, complain about the shake in my suspension. They will take the car for a quick checkup and return it mentioning that its overhauled now and atleast for almost a 1000 kms i wouldn't find anything again. Later which the same problem resurfaces. In general, I was satisfied with the sundaram motors service till i got to know about these two issues when I recently left the car to IGNITE.
I wrote all these in an email and requested them not to call back and speak to me as I was completely dejected to hear that my car's AC filter isn't there and my suspension related stuff that should have been taken care under warranty wasn't diagonised correctly. I don't want to leave my car again there and mentioned the same.
As usual I got an email response from them mentioning that the service head will get in touch. After a day, one of the SAs called me when I was driving my car. I mentioned him that I am driving my car and requested him to call back 15 mins later. But it never happened after that. I felt Sundaram motors were the only left hope for chevrolet customers like me (atleast in chennai), but that got vanished now and now I understand In future I should stick with toyota or maruti and just love the cars they manufacture rather than looking for cars of my requisite and getting cheated by the after sales service.
I could have taken my car by requesting to raghav that I will take this with the dealer. But I don't want to show my face or my car again to them as i was frustrated and i believe myself and my car deserved better treatment. I am not confident that they will fix the issue even if i take it back now as they weren't able to do for the last 30000 kms and even forgot to place AC filter. Yes I lost few thousands in finding the genuineness of a car manufacturer. Also the energy that i need to spend for all these (taking my car to the service center, arguing with them on what went wrong and proving them the same, again making sure that they have fixed things properly), I thought i can spend it with my 4 year old daughter to keep her in joy. I am posting this just to make sure no other people take sundaram for granted. I believe we should going forward ask the SA to show each and every part including consumables to be shown to us (even if its a car AC filter) and then should be paying for it.
Balaji31582 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2015, 12:15   #657
BHPian

Need Help, Engine issues

Hi All,

My dad owns a 2011 August Chevy Beat Diesel. The car has not been used much, but all services has been done on time. ODO ~18000 km now. Recently, the car has been showing few issues from the engine.
1) Hesitation to start, takes 4-5 secs of cranking.
2) Too much vibration from the engine.
3) Power and pickup seems to have decreased a lot.
4) Few random occasions recently, the car has stopped while idling and then refused to start, but would start if I turn the ignition completely off and on again.
5) The fuel pump noise is increasing, on ignition on, the pump seems to be making kind of whining noise which is not so crisp.

So far, I have not seen any warning lights turn on.
SVC has replaced the brake boosters once, steering rack once, and the front suspension mounts. I have not seen any other major issues apart form the rattles, which I just ignore now.

To add to my fears, a colleagues Beat around 3 years old,which has run around 30k km, started to show the check engine light last week. The service center has told him that the engine would need a rebuild / overhaul and the car is in Service center as of now.

The car is still under warranty and a service is coming up. Should I ask the SVC to check the engine, turbo and fuel pump?
Are there any other engine issues, common to Beat diesels?

Also, the current issues, are they because the battery may be losing power (its almost 4 years now).
Old 16th May 2015, 09:29   #658
BHPian

Re: Need Help, Engine issues

My beat diesel was taken to the workshop as the car had developed starting problems as stated by ps abhijith above. The SVC diagnosed and ascertained that the engine was not having enough compression and that a major repair was due and that every replacement would be done under warranty. Dropped the car at SVC and got it back after nine days and the following parts were replaced.
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Beat TCDI Diesel : Test Drive & Review-wp_20150516_002.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat TCDI Diesel : Test Drive & Review-wp_20150516_003.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat TCDI Diesel : Test Drive & Review-wp_20150516_004.jpg  

Old 17th May 2015, 19:21   #659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace69 View Post
Dropped the car at SVC and got it back after nine days and the following parts were replaced.
Wooooh...
That seems to be a pretty big list.
Appears like your turbo, valves, timing gear and pistons along with a lot of bearings were changed.

A diesel engine needing such replacement shows nothing but the poor quality of GM engineering. If things go this way for us too, my dad is considering going the consumer court way. He appears to be really worried over the car and now regrets his decision.

Apparently, almost all Beat Diesel owners are plauged with the same problems, Faulty Fuel pump, Failing turbo and an engine that needs an overhauling at 30000 km. Was this engine never really tested before it was put into the cars?

It would be really helpful, if more users can confirm the same.
We all have extended warranty for 5 years. But what to do after that?
Stop using the car and sell it as scrap or pay for an engine rebuild once in every 30-40k km?
GM India should take responsibility and issue a callback or compensate the owners who trusted GM enough to buy the cars.
Old 17th May 2015, 22:38   #660
BHPian

I too purchased extended warranty for 6300 something rupees ( i don't remember correctly ) two months ago. But i have now decided to sell this car since it does not seem like a good idea to continue with it. Hope i get a decent amount on sale. It has run 70000 kilometers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks