Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2014, 19:25   #631
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Beat TCDI Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by beat runner View Post

They informed me that due to issue with bolts which were fixed by wrong adhesive at a previous service in Nashik, it took time to remove the sump, and hypencoil ( is this the correct word ? ) is required for all 4 nuts. So, the total damage to me was Rs.3500 ( 2000 for hypencoil, 600 labour, oil worth 600 and taxes )

Thanks
Not hypencoil, but heli-coil is the word. Heli-Coil is a brand of threaded inserts.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 4th August 2014, 16:49   #632

Recently encountered this strange thing!
Mine is Beat TCDi 2.5 years old car with odo at 18.6K.

Just two days back, I drove around 200-300 meters from the start point with the car fully loaded with 5 people, the car started losing power. It was like the brake was engaged or something got struck to not allow the wheel movement, I could barely cross 10kmph. I checked everything and it looked normal..after around 10 mins or so the car started behaving normal.

After this incident I have driven the car for around 85kms and I haven't faced that problem again!!

Any answers?
Old 5th August 2014, 10:40   #633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravijai View Post

Just two days back, I drove around 200-300 meters from the start point with the car fully loaded with 5 people, the car started losing power. It was like the brake was engaged or something got struck to not allow the wheel movement, I could barely cross 10kmph. I checked everything and it looked normal..after around 10 mins or so the car started behaving normal.

After this incident I have driven the car for around 85kms and I haven't faced that problem again!!

Any answers?
I am not an expert but this could be due to faulty Turbo. Get your car to the nearest ASS and get it checked. You have 6 months left in warranty so get it done asap if anything needs to be replaced
Old 5th August 2014, 11:31   #634

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
I am not an expert but this could be due to faulty Turbo. Get your car to the nearest ASS and get it checked. You have 6 months left in warranty so get it done asap if anything needs to be replaced
I doubt that Mr.Beat, turbo kicks in later when we go beyond 1500 rpm. In my case something was obstructing the movement of the car, it was like the brake was engaged. Anyway my service is due this month, have to check this with the A.S.S.

Last edited by Stratos : 3rd September 2014 at 10:49. Reason: Changed to A.S.S
Old 10th August 2014, 02:49   #635

Quote:

Any answers?
I had the same problem with my Beat. A few months back, while me and my wife were travelling from Bangalore to Kerala, we took a short 10 min break near Salem. On trying to start the car to resume our journey, the vehicle refused to move as if the wheels were jammed. After about 15-20 minutes, the vehicle returned back to normal and we continued and there were no problems till we reached my hometown in Palghat (which was another 250 Kms from the place where this problem happened). On my return back to Bangalore, i had barely travelled 3-4 kms from my house, the same thing happened again, the brakes felt hard and it seemed like the vehicle had no power. I parked my car aside, and after about 10-15 minutes, the brakes were free again and we started for Bangalore (no problems during this trip after that). On reaching Bangalore, I immediately gave my car to Trident Chevrolet for a check and it was informed that the brake calipers were at fault (apparently some manufacturing defect). As the vehicle was under warranty, the replaced the same without questions. Since then there had been no issues with my car. Please check with the service guys, this looks very similar to the problem i had.
jaybm1408 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2014, 15:36   #636

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybm1408 View Post
I had the same problem with my Beat. A few months back, while me and my wife were travelling from Bangalore to Kerala, we took a short 10 min break near Salem.
That's exactly what I faced. Thanks, Now I know whats the problem. BTW I encountered this problem again yesterday, the brakes were hard, I couldn't press it. I switched off the engine, pressed brake pedal and restarted (sometime works for automobiles too ), the problem vanished, planning to visit ASS this weekend.
Old 14th August 2014, 14:30   #637
Senior - BHPian

I am noticing that the starter is taking a little bit of more whirring to start the vehicle. Anything I should urgently address? Or will be mostly related to battery charging?
Old 1st September 2014, 09:24   #638
BHPian

Quote:
That's exactly what I faced. Thanks, Now I know whats the problem. BTW I encountered this problem again yesterday, the brakes were hard, I couldn't press it. I switched off the engine, pressed brake pedal and restarted (sometime works for automobiles too ), the problem vanished, planning to visit ASS this weekend.
Hello Rajivai, I own a beat diesel and faced similar problem multiple times.The vehicle would run for 8 or 10 kilometers then the engine check light pops up and goes away after a few minutes and then the car begins to lose power in fifth and refuses to go beyond 40 Km/hr and the the brakes become hard.
Pumping the brakes tends to make the car operate as normal again.

I visited the A.S.S and they checked the brakes and said there was no air lock and that the vehicle was not showing any loss in power after test drive.It seems nobody else has approached them with this problem before.They told me to shift to neutral when the power loss happens and accelerate to check if the fuel pump is faulty.There is also a slight hissing sound when reverse is engaged which i believe is from fuel pump.
Old 2nd September 2014, 17:13   #639

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace69 View Post
Hello Rajivai, I own a beat diesel and faced similar problem multiple times.The vehicle would run for 8 or 10 kilometers then the engine check light pops up
Hello Ace, I did my 2.5 yrs service a week back and explained this problem to the service guy. After checking they told that the problem was due to the faulty brake pad and replaced it. So far it has not reoccurred. IN my case the engine light never popped up and I could not go beyond 10 kmph. so your problem seems different. I haven't faced any problem other than this with my beat so far!!
Old 2nd September 2014, 18:04   #640

Just heard from ORANGE AUTO Chevrolet Hyderabad that GM has revised Oil change intervals on Beat Diesel to 7500Kms which was 15k kms before

Does anyone have any info on this
Old 3rd September 2014, 10:31   #641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocizer View Post
Just heard from ORANGE AUTO Chevrolet Hyderabad that GM has revised Oil change intervals on Beat Diesel to 7500Kms which was 15k kms before

Does anyone have any info on this
Yes.

I had been for my 45k or 4.5 years service this week and accidently the SA advised me to change the engine oil since it had been 8k Kms on it. When i questioned him, he checked the car that is a petrol version and rectified his mistake. It seems GM has advised ASS to change oil at 7.5 k intervals for Diesel Beat's
Old 3rd September 2014, 11:09   #642
Senior - BHPian

For first batch beat diesel, the oil interval is 15k kms. For later batches, it is reduced to 7.5k kms. I feel it is mainly to increase oil consumption, as it is hard to believe that after so much testing, company mistakenly gave twice the limit for an oil change. I plan to stick with 15k kms change only.
Old 4th September 2014, 13:26   #643

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
For first batch beat diesel, the oil interval is 15k kms. For later batches, it is reduced to 7.5k kms. I feel it is mainly to increase oil consumption, as it is hard to believe that after so much testing, company mistakenly gave twice the limit for an oil change. I plan to stick with 15k kms change only.
The reason he gave me was that they were getting quite a few complaints on the diesel engines

so GM has renewed the service interval to 7.5K for ALL the diesel vehicles
Old 8th September 2014, 23:03   #644
BHPian

The oil change is scheduled at 15K kms for my 2011 Beat TCDi. However the authorized service centre staff have asked me to go for a change at 7.5K interval for better engine performance :what:

Result: a hole in my pocket :(
Old 12th September 2014, 15:37   #645
BHPian

Took the car to the SVC and they inspected and replaced the brake booster free of cost. The car feels okay now. No more grinding brakes..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks