Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2013, 11:22   #586
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Beat TCDI Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Pune Chevrolet owners: I heard that Pashankar @ Baner has now closed the services, so for present there are only two service centers, Wagholi and Swargate. Soon there are two more service centers to be introduced, one at Shivaji Nagar and one at Baner.
Old 23rd May 2013, 12:00   #587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Pune Chevrolet owners: I heard that Pashankar @ Baner has now closed the services, so for present there are only two service centers, Wagholi and Swargate. Soon there are two more service centers to be introduced, one at Shivaji Nagar and one at Baner.
I think they are planning a renovation of the premises afaik. Chevrolet service centers are too few in Pune area, especially considering GM factory is so close.
Old 24th May 2013, 16:45   #588
BHPian

My 2011 Chevy Beat TCDi LS has covered 35000kms. Mileage is more 18Kpl in city and 20kpl in highway. The in cabin noise tends to be high. Also I feel that I should have gone for LT version. Climate control is needed especially during night time.
Old 25th May 2013, 16:34   #589
BHPian

Pic of my Chevy. Its an LS (note the black door handles).
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Beat TCDI Diesel : Test Drive & Review-pic-6548.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat TCDI Diesel : Test Drive & Review-pic-6563.jpg  

Old 30th May 2013, 21:44   #590
BHPian

Hi Team,
I'm looking for a tyre change / upgrade. I have a Beat Diesel with steel Rims and have covered around 33,000 kms in 16 months.
I do not intend to change to alloys (Vitamin M deficiency).

In my recent trips (to Goa), we managed to wear off the side wall of one of the front tyres. The spare is no good as it has a bulge in the inside sidewall and needs to be replaced as well.

I thought upgrading to 185/60/14 (as recommended in michelin website for petrol beat), but reading through this thread has made me reconsider it.

I need your help and suggestions in the below points:

1. I want a slightly high profile tyre
- The front tyres make me feel as if they are punctured / lost air (courtesy a heavy diesel engine)
2. 175/65/14 (113.75mm sidewall height) Vs 185/65/14 (120.25mm sidewall height) Vs 185/60/14 (111mm)
- Any of these is much better than my existing set (165/65/14 - 101.4mm)
3. I am planning to change only the front 2 tyres this month and will be changing the remaining 2 / 3 tyres next month.
- How does this impact on the car (it is definitely more beneficial and practical to me)? I do not plan to go on any long trips this month.
Any immediate help will be really appreciated.

Cheers,
Old 31st May 2013, 07:44   #591

Quote:
Originally Posted by tckanth View Post
Hi Team,
I'm looking for a tyre change / upgrade. I have a Beat Diesel with steel Rims and have covered around 33,000 kms in 16 months.
I do not intend to change to alloys (Vitamin M deficiency).

In my recent trips (to Goa), we managed to wear off the side wall of one of the front tyres. The spare is no good as it has a bulge in the inside sidewall and needs to be replaced as well.

I thought upgrading to 185/60/14 (as recommended in michelin website for petrol beat), but reading through this thread has made me reconsider it.

I need your help and suggestions in the below points:

1. I want a slightly high profile tyre
- The front tyres make me feel as if they are punctured / lost air (courtesy a heavy diesel engine)
2. 175/65/14 (113.75mm sidewall height) Vs 185/65/14 (120.25mm sidewall height) Vs 185/60/14 (111mm)
- Any of these is much better than my existing set (165/65/14 - 101.4mm)
3. I am planning to change only the front 2 tyres this month and will be changing the remaining 2 / 3 tyres next month.
- How does this impact on the car (it is definitely more beneficial and practical to me)? I do not plan to go on any long trips this month.
Any immediate help will be really appreciated.

Cheers,
Existing steel rims are of 4.5J (inch) wide. You cant go beyond 175/65/R14 tyres using existing rims. Otherwise u may need to change the rims.
Old 27th June 2013, 14:14   #592
BHPian

Hello guys,

Just reached Nikhil Chevrolet at Reay road for my 3rd free service.
It seems it is scheduled for engine oil and filter change. The cost including the flushing and everything is coming at around 3k.
Is this the right price?
I do not have much sc experience hence asking.
Old 7th July 2013, 14:19   #593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantheman5211 View Post
Hello guys,

It seems it is scheduled for engine oil and filter change. The cost including the flushing and everything is coming at around 3k.
Is this the right price?
I gave my Beat D for servicing at 25k kms, which included oil/oil filter/diesel filter change. The diesel filter alone costed something around Rs. 900 and is recommended to replace it after 30k kms I think. Also, we got the driver side ORVM replaced (earlier one took a hit and was smashed into pieces). The ORVM costed Rs 1100.
The overall service cost was around Rs 4.5k (including car wash, but not flushing), and I think it was pretty decent. Yours seem to be just right including flushing.

SC-Megha Chevrolet, Lucknow.
Old 14th July 2013, 13:13   #594

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantheman5211 View Post
Hello guys,

Is this the right price?
I guess its the 15000 Kms service and the price of around 3k quoted by your SA seems fine, however just check out whats the labor and other spare charges included in the bill (Labor should be free for this service). I got my 15K service done sometime in Dec 2012 from Trident Chevrolet at Bangalore and my bill was around the same mark approximately.
jaybm1408 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2013, 09:03   #595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
I have moved on to new Chevy Beat Diesel after passing on the keys of my beloved Accent to my cousin, will be coming up with a ownership experience very soon. The decision was to chose between Figo and Beat but finalised Beat purely from FE point of view. I have driven now 800km over the last 20 days and like its driveability in city. I am getting a FE of 18-20kmpl so far in city mostly without AC which I feel is satisfying my purpose of buying. Also in consideration is a Diesel tronic box from Racedynamics after the initial run-in period is completed.
Congrats on your Beat! Waiting for your detailed ownership experience, especially after tyre and tuning box upgrades!
Old 18th August 2013, 14:31   #596
BHPian

My 2011 Beat TCDi has clocked 41K kms. The tires have almost gone bald. I had fitted alloys at the time of delivery itself.

41K in a set of tires seems absurd for a small car. My Fiesta has the tires changed at 60K. My office Innova had 80K on the clock before the tire change.

Is it a problem with the suspension. One tire has lost more thread compared to the other 3.

A new set costs 14K. So that translates to 35 paise per km by way of tire wear.

Anyone facing such issues?
Old 18th August 2013, 15:04   #597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharoncr_17 View Post
My 2011 Beat TCDi has clocked 41K kms. The tires have almost gone bald. I had fitted alloys at the time of delivery itself.

41K in a set of tires seems absurd for a small car. My Fiesta has the tires changed at 60K. My office Innova had 80K on the clock before the tire change.

Is it a problem with the suspension. One tire has lost more thread compared to the other 3.

A new set costs 14K. So that translates to 35 paise per km by way of tire wear.

Anyone facing such issues?
Yes. My Beat D has crossed 28k, and the front tires almost completely lost their thread around 25k only (I did not rotate the tires, front and back).
I think the culprit were the soft GoodYear rubber, which wear out quite fast. I replaced them with Bridgestone ones with moderately hard rubber. Tire noise has increased (apparent above 80kmph), but waiting for the results.
Old 22nd August 2013, 23:20   #598
BHPian

Hello People, need your advice here.
My Nov 2011 Beat Diesel LT Option pack with 20,000 km on the odo has a peculiar issue.

On monday 19th August, the service indicator tell tale got illuminated in the instrument cluster. This was accompanied with a drastic fall in performance.

Dealer tells me maybe the Turbo has gone Kaput and needs to be replaced. Is it possible?
I'm sure this will need to be necessarily done under warranty.

How do i go about ensuring its fixed correctly?
Old 23rd August 2013, 11:54   #599
Senior - BHPian

There are some silly reasons for the SVS light to turn ON also, best thing to do is take the vehicle to service center and get a scan of ECU, this will tell the exact cause. I also faced this issue when fitting a tuning box, later when the ECU was scanned no faults were observed.
Old 23rd August 2013, 16:36   #600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreevishnu View Post
Hello People, need your advice here.
My Nov 2011 Beat Diesel LT Option pack with 20,000 km on the odo has a peculiar issue.

On monday 19th August, the service indicator tell tale got illuminated in the instrument cluster. This was accompanied with a drastic fall in performance.

Dealer tells me maybe the Turbo has gone Kaput and needs to be replaced. Is it possible?
I'm sure this will need to be necessarily done under warranty.

How do i go about ensuring its fixed correctly?
Yes, it looks like the turbo (turbo-leak), because any other thing does not result in a "drastic" loss of performance as far as I know.
Turbo repair is a costly affair, I hope you have the chevy 3 year pack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
There are some silly reasons for the SVS light to turn ON also, best thing to do is take the vehicle to service center and get a scan of ECU, this will tell the exact cause. I also faced this issue when fitting a tuning box, later when the ECU was scanned no faults were observed.
Yes, but these check lights generally do not affect the performance, if it is for a silly reason. Some cars, ex-VW Polo get restricted to a speed limit where they cannot cross 30kmph if a major problem is detected.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks