Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2017, 19:10   #2821
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
if the NCB you see in your last year's policy is 20% and you didnt have a claim - you should get 25% this year. And why dont you get a online quote ? Its cheaper than any agent.
Wow that was quick! Thanks! I am taking these quotes online .
Old 15th March 2017, 19:17   #2822
BHPian

So got quotes from 2 companies, looking for some advice here:

1) Bajaj Alliance - IDV-14.5,Zero-dep,RSA,3000-compulsory deductible,Premium-30297. Their representative says BA does not do NCB protect?
2) Bharti AXA - IDV-14.5,Zero-dep,2000-compulsory deductible,Premium-33774
2) Bharti AXA - IDV-14.5,Zero-dep,2000-compulsory deductible, NCB protector, Premium-37600

Please suggest which one I should go for 1, 2 or 3? I am tempted to go for number 1, as the premium is quite low compared to the others. But it does not have NCB protect. Confused!
harryputtar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2017, 19:29   #2823
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryputtar View Post

1) Bajaj Alliance - IDV-14.5,Zero-dep,RSA,3000-compulsory deductible,Premium-30297. Their representative says BA does not do NCB protect?
2) Bharti AXA - IDV-14.5,Zero-dep,2000-compulsory deductible, NCB protector, Premium-37600

Please suggest which one I should go for 1, 2 or 3? I am tempted to go for number 1, as the premium is quite low compared to the others. But it does not have NCB protect. Confused!
Hi,

Is #1 including drive assure economy? Or is it just basic insurance and zero dep?

Today I got a quote for my Jetta's 3rd year insurance with IDV of about 12L, 20% NCB, the quote is 45K for drive assure economy.
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2017, 20:10   #2824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Hi,
Is #1 including drive assure economy? Or is it just basic insurance and zero dep?
I checked online, for the same numbers, Drive Assure Drivesmart Classic-28361(does not include zero-dep), Drive Assure Drivesmart Premium-42770(includes zero-dep and engine protect).

So I believe mine is just basic insurance and zero-dep. As discussed earlier I am only looking for comprehensive cover with Zero-dep and preferably NCB protection.
harryputtar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2017, 00:06   #2825
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

How much NCB you have ? 25% ? The difference you pay for NCB protect is 7k - i would not be paying so much extra for NCB protect IMHO so option 1 unless you are pretty sure you would be using insurance this year.
Old 16th March 2017, 02:24   #2826
BHPian

Have rented a Volkswagen Jetta TSI in the US for the last week and absolutely love the car. The car is great to accelerate and great power on the US highways, very manouverable in San Francisco traffic and most of all enjoyed taking it to the mountains at Mystery spot in the weekend. Drove 924 miles in the past week on this DSG Jetta as seen in the first attachment

I feel I am not using the full power of the DSG gear box? I have only used D mode so far. What is the S mode for? Attaching snapshot in the second image

Also not able to find out where the cruise control mode for the car is on? Attaching the steering view in the third image
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-924-miles-already.jpg  

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-gearbox.jpg  

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-where-cruise-control.jpg  

bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2017, 09:05   #2827
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
Have rented a Volkswagen Jetta TSI in the US for the last week and absolutely love the car. The car is great to accelerate and great power on the US highways, very manouverable in San Francisco traffic and most of all enjoyed taking it to the mountains at Mystery spot in the weekend. Drove 924 miles in the past week on this DSG Jetta as seen in the first attachment

I feel I am not using the full power of the DSG gear box? I have only used D mode so far. What is the S mode for? Attaching snapshot in the second image

Also not able to find out where the cruise control mode for the car is on? Attaching the steering view in the third image
The buttons on the left spoke of the steering wheel are the cruise control buttons.

In the S mode, it holds the gears for longer till higher revs and you can also shift manually by prodding the lever
Hope this helps
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2017, 10:38   #2828
Senior - BHPian

On such occasions I would just say, check the manual!
But assuming you don't have one handy,
1. The Left side buttons on the steering wheel will activate cruise control. Just press the button no. 2 (in clockwise order) to activate/deactivate it.
2. Then press the 'Set' button at your desired speed to engage cruise control and let go of the Accelerator pedal. A green light with cruise control icon should appear in the dials.
3. Press the '+' and '-' buttons to increase or decrease the set speed without touching the accelerator pedal. Speed will change in 1mph intervals and long press will change it in multiples of 5 or 10 mph.
4. Press the CNL button to resume normal accelerator speed control.
5. The S mode is Sports mode. It will hold on to the gears longer thats it. You're good in D mode as well. Shift the lever to the right from D mode to use manual gear changing in the +/- directions depicted below the lever.

Is it a 1.4 TSI Jetta or a 2.0 TSI?
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2017, 11:24   #2829
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
On such occasions I would just say, check the manual!
But assuming you don't have one handy,
1. The Left side buttons on the steering wheel will activate cruise control. Just press the button no. 2 (in clockwise order) to activate/deactivate it.
2. Then press the 'Set' button at your desired speed to engage cruise control and let go of the Accelerator pedal. A green light with cruise control icon should appear in the dials.
3. Press the '+' and '-' buttons to increase or decrease the set speed without touching the accelerator pedal. Speed will change in 1mph intervals and long press will change it in multiples of 5 or 10 mph.
4. Press the CNL button to resume normal accelerator speed control.
5. The S mode is Sports mode. It will hold on to the gears longer thats it. You're good in D mode as well. Shift the lever to the right from D mode to use manual gear changing in the +/- directions depicted below the lever.

Is it a 1.4 TSI Jetta or a 2.0 TSI?
Considering its a rental - i am 99% sure its a 1.4T Jetta.
Old 16th March 2017, 13:01   #2830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
How much NCB you have ? 25% ? The difference you pay for NCB protect is 7k - i would not be paying so much extra for NCB protect IMHO so option 1 unless you are pretty sure you would be using insurance this year.
Totally agree with your evaluation here. Going with option 1, comprehensive insurance with zero-dep, no other add-ons.

Thanks for the inputs folks, appreciate it!
Old 17th March 2017, 13:06   #2831
BHPian

Quote:
Totally agree with your evaluation here. Going with option 1, comprehensive insurance with zero-dep, no other add-ons.

Thanks for the inputs folks, appreciate it!
I would recommend to add consumable add-on (the insurance company pays for the consumable as well) & hydrostatic lock add-on. As far as I remember, they bumped the premium by 3K (Hdfc ergo) but I feel they are totally worth it.
bhavik.1991 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2017, 20:43   #2832
Distinguished - BHPian

Can someone help me out with this dilemma?

Our 2 year old Jetta ( 3 years old according to mfg date) has done 39,000 Km. The tires have become rock hard and there are minute cracks on the sidewalls too.

Road noise has increased considerably. Now comes the million dollar question:

Shall I go for an upside or not?

I have short listed these two brands:

-Pirellis

-Michelin

I am looking for a slightly taller side wall for better ride quality. Can someone please tell me the pros and cons for the same and suggest a suitable tyre model?

EDIT: The stock tyres are Goodyear NCTs

Last edited by vishy76 : 17th March 2017 at 21:11.
Old 17th March 2017, 20:58   #2833
BHPian

You can check out from Tyre up-size calculator ensuring the difference is within safe specifications, increasing sidewall height may give a cushioning feel, but the cars handling will be compromised to some extent.
RJ555 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2017, 21:06   #2834
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
The tires have become rock hard and there are minute cracks on the sidewalls too.

Road noise has increased considerably. Now comes the million dollar question:

Shall I go for an upside or not?

I have short listed these two brands:

-Pirellis

-Michelin

I am looking for a slightly taller side wall for better ride quality. Can someone please tell me the pros and cons for the same and suggest a suitable tyre model?

Are they Goodyear Tires? If yes, then what you are feeling now is absolutely normal.

If you upsize the tires, it will cause suspension problems. It's risky, I would suggest you to PM BHPian Chetan BG who also has Jetta & he has upsized Tires.

Don't have much idea about Pirelli's. But Michelin, yes they are damn good & all 4 tyres of our Jetta have been replaced at 41k kms. Many have swapped from Goodyear to Michelin, so you can also get them as replacement.
CarguyNish is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 13:22   #2835
Senior - BHPian

I switched right out of the showroom to Michelin P3ST in stock size. Very comfortable and quiet ride but felt disconnected to the smooth tarmac and gave me a feeling of floating around when negotiating curves.

After 1000 kms, switched to Michelin Pilot Sport 3 ST in size 225/50zR16 (don't ask me what the z means) and now the ride is comfortable, even more silent than before and the grip levels are amazing. The car has transformed in to a leech (grip wise). Excellent tires these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
Can someone help me out with this dilemma?

Our 2 year old Jetta ( 3 years old according to mfg date) has done 39,000 Km. The tires have become rock hard and there are minute cracks on the sidewalls too.

EDIT: The stock tyres are Goodyear NCTs
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks