Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2016, 11:36   #2731
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Very worrying for Octavia owners like me too as I believe Skoda India used the identical Varta or Sebang ones.

The SILLIEST reason to be stranded on the roadside (in 2016) is a dead battery :-(
Old 4th November 2016, 17:23   #2732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
It's certainly a mystifyingly common occurrence among newer Jetta's. mine is my daily driver, so it's not like it stands still for days. The workshop stated that there are lots of electronics at play and it saps the battery, but I don't buy that argument. It just seems like they're installing batteries that simply don't supply enough juice over the long run.
Agree. Have had my Jetta for over 5 yrs. The battery was changed almost at the 4 year mark. No issues before or after that.
Old 4th November 2016, 17:26   #2733
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkaul1 View Post
Agree. Have had my Jetta for over 5 yrs. The battery was changed almost at the 4 year mark. No issues before or after that.
Same with mine, I have the 2014 model and touchwood, No issues with the battery what so ever, Also there were many instances when the car was left parked for more than a month, Still cranked in one go everytime.
Old 4th November 2016, 21:58   #2734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsbhp View Post
Got the car towed off to nearby VW service centre now few minutes ago. I was ready to get the battery replaced, but they insisted not to do that, since it could be an issue with alternator or other electrical faults which prevents Battery being charged while running/idling.

So soon ? Feeling sad.
Got the car back today and the only statement from VW service is that the Battery was replaced. I tried to reach the guy who was assigned (ah, they send SMS updates with this guy's contact number for any questions/support), but didn't hear back yet. Am sure I get my turn when VW calls me for feedback.

So, am glad primarily because it was just the battery, comforting to know it's not just mine, and worrying there's high possibility of ending up in same situation sometime in near future.

Car was returned (unfortunately I couldn't pick it, so had a chauffeur pick it) in a very shabby condition, with dirt and black marks all over the door panel, seats and foot-mat was such a mess with black stains. It took around 25 wet wipes to get the dash, steering and door panels cleaned. Again, waiting for the feedback session.
sunsbhp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2016, 11:15   #2735
BHPian

Saw a new coloured Jetta on display today. Some bronze its called.
And they don't have any plans of stopping production apparently.

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-img_0187.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 7th November 2016 at 20:10. Reason: B2B posts merged.
bharat4ever is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2016, 16:34   #2736
Senior - BHPian

Import of new kits has been put on hold. They will keep on selling as long as it takes for them to clear the existing stocks, which may stretch in to 2017. Currently no new kits are being assembled either, this per the couple of dealers' GMs with whom I interacted at the time of purchasing my Jetta last month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
Saw a new coloured Jetta on display today. Some bronze its called.
And they don't have any plans of stopping production apparently.
Old 5th November 2016, 16:42   #2737
Senior - BHPian

^^My VW dealer rep says the same thing. They are only exhausting currently available kits. Last month he said that there were around 400 kits in stock. He also said that White color has been sold out. And automatics are in short supply. MTs and other colors are being offered for immediate booking.
Old 7th November 2016, 18:30   #2738
Senior - BHPian

Have anyone got the Diesel service action done for the Jetta?

I received the following email today. Not sure about what happens if I do not get it done..

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Volkswagen Group Sales India Private Limited, Level 4, Silver UtopiaCardinal Gracious Road, Chakala, Andheri (E), Mumbai – 400 099

Diesel Service Action
VIN Number:WVWE13164DAXXXXXX

Dear Customer,

We would like to inform you that the technical upgrades for Volkswagen vehicles began in September 2016 and is being implemented in a phased manner.

For your vehicle the upgrade involves a software update to the engine management system. This process should take approximately less than an hour; however, based on your service appointment; your authorized Volkswagen Service Partner will be able to confirm the precise duration that will be required for implementing the said update for your vehicle.

We, therefore request you to book an appointment for undertaking the above measures at a time convenient to you. We recommend that this be undertaken at the earliest convenient date at any of our authorized Volkswagen Service Centers.

The above measures will be implemented totally free of cost to you.

We would like to apologize once again for any inconvenience this issue has caused you, and thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Yours sincerely,
Michael Mayer
Brand Director
Chethan B G is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2016, 20:54   #2739
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Have anyone got the Diesel service action done for the Jetta?
I too got the same email with my VIN number today. Was about to write here and you beat me

I saw in the other thread there is some knock from the engine post the update and that this will go away in time. Will first talk to the service manager and understand more about the update before getting it done.

Last edited by graaja : 7th November 2016 at 20:55.
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2016, 23:45   #2740
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post

I saw in the other thread there is some knock from the engine post the update and that this will go away in time. Will first talk to the service manager and understand more about the update before getting it done.
Will there be any legal issues (do you think) if we opt out of this upgrade?
Old 8th November 2016, 00:50   #2741
BHPian

Don't think opting out is an option and even if u did so, I don't think there won't be any legal issues as these are not made mandatory by Indian govmnt
Old 8th November 2016, 05:53   #2742
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I don't think there will be any legal issues, but opting out may not be possible. If you do not take the car now for the update, they may do it next time when you leave it for service.

Check with Pete's as well if they will do the remap again once VW does the update.
Old 8th November 2016, 10:17   #2743
BHPian

Quote:
I got the same E-mail yesterday. If I were you, i would never bother to go for this update. You are already running a remap sir, why blow it all away. However we have to be careful they dont update when the car goes in for yearly service. Looking for some realistic performance reviews after softwrae update.

there is something i found posted in other forums in this link about 2.0 TDI update effects:
http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/vol...emissions-fix/
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-capture.jpg  

Mission_PGPX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2016, 12:12   #2744
BHPian

I too got the same email. I vaguely recall reading somewhere here (or maybe elsewhere) that getting this done was voluntary and not mandatory.

However, a friend pointed out to me that though VW India may call it voluntary at this point in time, they could very well in the future attribute any fault to not having this fix done and thereby deny responsibility or warranty!

That is what I am afraid of. And asking the service advisor or manager about this wouldn't help because they would still say it's voluntary, and then coolly deny service later when some issue crops up!

Wondering what to do!

Cheers

Last edited by tilt : 8th November 2016 at 12:14. Reason: typos and correcting atrocious grammar
Old 12th November 2016, 19:04   #2745
BHPian

I just got my car back from the 3rd service. The total bill came to 15K. I got a free wash and pick-up and drop facility. They also updated the software with the new one. For now there doesn't seem to be any drop in power, but I only got to drive it in the city. It might be more apparent on the highway. I will also keep a look for the mileage. The service advisor updated me on what was going to be done and he also asked my permission to update the software. They also touched up minor scratches on the front bumper for free. VW service till now has been good with no issues as such. Also, inspite of being close to 4 years and 3 months (yeah got my 3rd service done a bit late, though the car has done only 26K kms) the battery is still in good condition. Touchwood.
shivasuma is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks