Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2017, 11:44   #2806
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorthyms View Post
Is it advisable to buy a new jetta now? As vw has discontinued the model and I am getting the existing stock from the dealer bit cheaper.
Let me be devils advocate here Unless you are very particular of owning D-segement sedan and your eyes are already set on Jetta, i suggest you explore other options in that price range. Couple of cons

- if you don't plan to own for long time, then re-sale value will be a big concern
- is it 2016 manufactured or 2015 manufactured? Check how long the vehicle is in stock yard. Evaluate the risk.
- have you test driven Jetta with new ECU software update? Car is lot more linear in acceleration, which could be good or bad thing depending on how you drive.

Generally its good VFM d-segement sedan with safety features, good fit and finish, classy looks. You will find that Jetta has cult following in team-bhp for its ride quality, handling etc.
mmmreddy78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 00:33   #2807
Senior - BHPian

Guys, does the Highline AT version have working headlamp washers.

If yes, then how does one get the same to work?
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 00:37   #2808
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post

The washers don't have a seperate switch. They work in tandem with the windscreen washers if I am not wrong.
Old 22nd February 2017, 00:38   #2809
Senior - BHPian

Tried that but no success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
The washers don't have a seperate switch. They work in tandem with the windscreen washers if I am not wrong.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 00:54   #2810
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Tried that but no success.
A blown fuse should be the main culprit if I am missing something here. Get the issue addressed at the next service. Also check the wiring which goes into the washer through the bumper if you can access it.
vishy76 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 01:20   #2811
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Just use your windshield washer stalk while your headlights are ON and it will work, It would be strange if its not working and if you don't have any error's on your instrument cluster?
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 12:24   #2812
BHPian

Quote:

Yes it does, and it will work ONLY WHEN the headlights are on. Just pull on the same washer stalk to wash your windshield, and if your headlights happen to be one they too will be washed. If the headlights are off, only the windshield gets washed.

Cheers

Edited to add: Oh, pipped to the post (no pun intended) by Tanveer

Last edited by tilt : 22nd February 2017 at 12:25. Reason: Formatting.
tilt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2017, 23:30   #2813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by princezahed View Post
Has anyone fit a Bluetooth module o to their Jetta ? I have a 2010 Jetta with the old shape headlight. Ant idea where the Bluetooth module fits and what is required for the same ?
Are you trying to retro fit a blue tooth module on to your 2010 Jetta?

I have tried an unit called Tantra Fluke on my Honda Amaze. This works like a breeze- audio quality for music as well as phone calls in great. Only you should have an audio in port and an USB connector for charging the unit.

If you have doubts , you can write to Tantra, they respond very well. The unit retails for about Rs1500/- through Amazon.
Old 27th February 2017, 21:13   #2814
Senior - BHPian

I drove a 2016 Jetta Highline from Cork (ROI) to Bushmills (UK) recently and was mighty impressed with the way it behaved on Motorway. Not sure if it was 2.0 TDI or 1.6TDI as it was a rental car from Hertz. It behaved very well at motorway speeds (120kmph) and was quite economical - got over 20kmpl on 1200km trip.
Hope VW will bring new MQB Jetta to RHD market.
Old 3rd March 2017, 10:19   #2815
BHPian

Hi Forum,

Time for renewing the insurance for my almost 2 years old Jetta TDI DSG Highline, and I am in for a rude shock this time.

The last time I took insurance from Tata AIG with the following details:

1) IDV 17,66,613
2) Zero dep
3) Engine protect
4) Key replacement
5) Emergency transport and hotel expenses
6) Loss of personal belongings

The premium last year came out to 45,860 all inclusive.

Now this year, even with a NCB of 25% and an IDV of 15,00,000, the premium is coming to 46,890. Now my question is:

1) What should be the ideal IDV for my car at this stage?
2) Is it really worth spending so much on the premium? Any other cheaper plans you can suggest?
3) Is everyone seeing this increase in premium?

I have already paid almost a Lakh in premium for this car, wish I had considered this when making the choice to buy the Jetta.

BTW the biggest reason I bought the Jetta was 6 airbags, recently saw Honda City 2017 advertisement, they have introduced 6 airbags for the first time ever. Wish they did this 2 years back .

Thanks in advance for any inputs.

Regards
Old 3rd March 2017, 16:04   #2816
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryputtar View Post
Hi Forum,

Time for renewing the insurance for my almost 2 years old Jetta TDI DSG Highline, and I am in for a rude shock this time.

The last time I took insurance from Tata AIG with the following details:

1) IDV 17,66,613
2) Zero dep
3) Engine protect
4) Key replacement
5) Emergency transport and hotel expenses
6) Loss of personal belongings

The premium last year came out to 45,860 all inclusive.

Now this year, even with a NCB of 25% and an IDV of 15,00,000, the premium is coming to 46,890. Now my question is:

2) Is it really worth spending so much on the premium? Any other cheaper plans you can suggest?

I have already paid almost a Lakh in premium for this car, wish I had considered this when making the choice to buy the Jetta.

BTW the biggest reason I bought the Jetta was 6 airbags, recently saw Honda City 2017 advertisement, they have introduced 6 airbags for the first time ever. Wish they did this 2 years back .

Thanks in advance for any inputs.

Regards
Have you tried shopping around for your quote online ? The premiums have gone up since last year but you may find a cheaper quote than you mentioned here. Plus i dont see why you be adding anything apart from Zero Dep add-on. I fin this key replcement & Emergency transport etc not worth it.

I paid ~38K last month to Bharti AXA - IDV of 15L, 20% NCB, comprehensive insurance + Zero Dep + NCB Protector cover.

Last edited by ethanhunt123 : 3rd March 2017 at 16:07.
ethanhunt123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2017, 18:54   #2817
BHPian

Couple of pointers from my side...maybe it will help.

Quote:
Calculate the IDV on the basis of 30% depreciation from the listed invoice price. Anything more than that will be technically over-insuring. So, if your invoice price is 20 lakhs, your IDV should be 14 lakhs.

Quote:
Look for options from policybazaar and coverfox. Then buy directly from the insurance company website. Unfortunately premiums on Jetta are quite steep (as they are for all D segment and luxury makes). There is no getting away from it.

I paid 33k for renewal of my DSG Highline's policy in November. IDV = 12 lakhs, NCB = 35%, Zero Dep + Consumables + Engine protect + NCB protect. Bought from HDFC Ergo online (you may want to give that a shot).

Given your parameters, I am estimating you should be able to get a premium between 39k and 42k.
reverse_gear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2017, 09:34   #2818
Distinguished - BHPian

One of the reasons for the annual jump in premium even as NCB increases is the Third Party component! It has risen staggeringly quickly in the last few years.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2017, 19:04   #2819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
I paid ~38K last month to Bharti AXA - IDV of 15L, 20% NCB, comprehensive insurance + Zero Dep + NCB Protector cover.
Thanks for the inputs there!!

Quick question, the NCB should be what I am seeing in my previous years policy right, which is 20%, or 25% as the agents keep telling me is the value for this year.

I am getting almost the same quote for 15L IDV, 20% NCB, comprehensive+zero dep+NCB protector from Bharti AXA.

Also compared with HDFC Ergo, but there was recently a case in news where they were not giving a claim in a critical illness cover, so am wary of them now.
Old 14th March 2017, 19:05   #2820
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the inputs there!!

Quick question, the NCB should be what I am seeing in my previous years policy right, which is 20%, or 25% as the agents keep telling me is the value for this year.

I am getting almost the same quote for 15L IDV, 20% NCB, comprehensive+zero dep+NCB protector from Bharti AXA.

Also compared with HDFC Ergo, but there was recently a case in news where they were not giving a claim in a critical illness cover, so am wary of them now.
if the NCB you see in your last year's policy is 20% and you didnt have a claim - you should get 25% this year. And why dont you get a online quote ? Its cheaper than any agent.
ethanhunt123 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks