Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2015, 14:00   #2056
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Hi Folks,

First off, thanks so much for your responses to my post where I was a bit boggled about my decision to buy the Jetta, when the Hyundai Creta was launched, your responses restored my faith in my decision. What are your thoughts about the Ford Figo Aspire here (http://www.team-bhp.com/news/ford-fi...tails-revealed) BTW , same levels of safety et al!

Also, I have 2 quick queries about my Jetta:

1) My Jetta has been showing the windscreen washer fluid warning since a couple of days, any recommended brands to use for this, or any I can get at the accessories shop is fine?

2) Back in the UK, I used to check a few basic things before any long trip like tire pressure, engine coolant level, windscreen washer fluid level and engine oil level. I have a Goa trip coming up in October, would I need to follow the same rigorously here? Of course I understand, its best I do, I am just trying to figure what other BHPians do, to follow the best practices.

Thanks in advance friends!
Old 15th August 2015, 17:42   #2057
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2) Back in the UK, I used to check a few basic things before any long trip like tire pressure, engine coolant level, windscreen washer fluid level and engine oil level
The car does not change character purely between different countries. Checking the bare essentials before a long trip always helps you. You have a good practise why would you relax that because you are in India .

Quote:
y Jetta has been showing the windscreen washer fluid warning since a couple of days, any recommended brands to use for this, or any I can get at the accessories shop is fine?
Many may not agree, but i just refill with RO water simply to avoid salts and also if i need a little soap as an emergency use shampoo. You can get the wind washer liquids in any of the shops to top it up.

GOOD luck and its a beautiful car.
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2015, 16:02   #2058
Senior - BHPian

Guys any idea about this ? It happens occasionally and its always the left tail lamp and the left DRL which lits up after sometime i have locked the car. It goes off instantly when i switch on and off the car. It has happened thrice now. And all three time the watchman rang the door bell late night to let me know about it.

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-fullsizerender-6.jpg
Old 22nd August 2015, 16:50   #2059
BHPian

Your turn indicator is turned on the left side while you have switched off the engine..this is used in case of a breakdown and your car is parked turn the turn indicator stick to neutral it shouldn't happen.
Have faced this in the past whenever my car cleaner used to keep it in the above mentioned state.
docaxe is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2015, 18:19   #2060
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Guys any idea about this ? It happens occasionally and its always the left tail lamp and the left DRL which lits up after sometime i have locked the car. It goes off instantly when i switch on and off the car. It has happened thrice now. And all three time the watchman rang the door bell late night to let me know about it.

Attachment 1406201
It is the turn indicator.

By the way, tail lamp looks awesome on the dark color car.
Old 22nd August 2015, 23:58   #2061
Senior - BHPian

This is a feature found in all European cars. Used to indicate the vehicles presence to running traffic in the narrow roads and lanes found in the majority of their towns & villages.

Rather than having parking lights on both sides being ON, the indicator stalk is used to light up the side 'in' traffic, this helps reduce the current drain from the battery.

Ensure that the indicator stalk is in the centre position when you lock up your car and thats that.

I use this feature whenever I park during an evening out especially when parking is on the roadside. Enhances safety & looks cool too.

Quote:

Attachment 1406201
Old 23rd August 2015, 15:19   #2062
Team-BHP Support

The car will bong when you open drivers door if you activate this. I find this feature very useful when parking on dark roads
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2015, 01:20   #2063
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docaxe View Post
Your turn indicator is turned on the left side while you have switched off the engine..this is used in case of a breakdown and your car is parked turn the turn indicator stick to neutral it shouldn't happen.
Have faced this in the past whenever my car cleaner used to keep it in the above mentioned state.

Yes i checked it and indeed it was on the left side, There is also a warning chime if the stalk is either on the left or right side and if you remove the key to warn about it. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
This is a feature found in all European cars. Used to indicate the vehicles presence to running traffic in the narrow roads and lanes found in the majority of their towns & villages.

Rather than having parking lights on both sides being ON, the indicator stalk is used to light up the side 'in' traffic, this helps reduce the current drain from the battery.

Ensure that the indicator stalk is in the centre position when you lock up your car and thats that.

I use this feature whenever I park during an evening out especially when parking is on the roadside. Enhances safety & looks cool too.

Oh, I had too spotted an audi parked at the side of the road with its right hand side only tail lamp on. I did notice and wondered it something was wrong with the car.
Ill keep in mind when i park the car anywhere it can be used. Thanks!
Old 24th August 2015, 19:56   #2064
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
It is the turn indicator.

By the way, tail lamp looks awesome on the dark color car.
Yes i love the tail lamps, Before getting the car i had seem a few very impressive after market tail lamps available, But as i got the car, I just started liking it a lot, And now it makes me feel its a waste of money to spend around 25k on the tail lamps, The stock ones already are really nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
The car will bong when you open drivers door if you activate this. I find this feature very useful when parking on dark roads
Yes the chime starts as soon as i open the door, Thanks for the headsup, I am sure it will be useful many times.

Note to Mods: Sorry for the back to back post, For some reason i could not see all the replies from the teambhp app.
Old 24th August 2015, 23:23   #2065
BHPian

Hi.Does the Indian Jetta have the brake pad worn out indicator?Mine is Diesel AT Highline.

I have already gone to the service center twice due to creaking sound only to find out it was just dust.Nearing 30000km and still havent changed my brake pads.But I got another creaking sound today.
Old 25th August 2015, 06:46   #2066
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmed26 View Post
Hi.Does the Indian Jetta have the brake pad worn out indicator?Mine is Diesel AT Highline.

I have already gone to the service center twice due to creaking sound only to find out it was just dust.Nearing 30000km and still havent changed my brake pads.But I got another creaking sound today.
Yes. It has worn out indicator. I got it replaced recently at 42k kms. Indicator had still not come on.

You can wait until 3rd service. If the brakes shudder, than get it replaced earlier.

Visual check in between service is required as only one out of 4 pads has indicator.
Chethan B G is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2015, 10:58   #2067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Yes. It has worn out indicator. I got it replaced recently at 42k kms. Indicator had still not come on.

You can wait until 3rd service. If the brakes shudder, than get it replaced earlier.

Visual check in between service is required as only one out of 4 pads has indicator.
Oh..thanks man.Did you change the complete set?How much did it cost you?
Old 25th August 2015, 11:25   #2068
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmed26 View Post
Oh..thanks man.Did you change the complete set?How much did it cost you?
I changed the front full set. It costed me about 5.5k.

Brake force distribution is normally in the ratio of around Front 70:Rear 30. Therefore front pads will wear-out faster. Rear pads can be changed later, sometimes will last until we change the front ones again.

Link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3786222
Chethan B G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2015, 18:32   #2069
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
rake force distribution is normally in the ratio of around Front 70:Rear 30. Therefore front pads will wear-out faster. Rear pads can be changed later, sometimes will last until we change the front ones again.
So true. My motorcycle rear pads are changed like after changing 4-5 times the front pads and i hardly use the rear brakes. TO me the front brakes are so important to slow down and stop.

You dont have to change them at the service centre if you are out of warranty and save over 2K by doing it outside.

Now that my warranty is gone, i take it outside and understand how cheap they are to actually maintain as well.
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2015, 20:18   #2070
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Quote:
Yes i checked it and indeed it was on the left side, There is also a warning chime if the stalk is either on the left or right side and if you remove the key to warn about it. Thanks!
Looks like a very useful feature. However, I did not find this feature in my Jetta. Does this require a VCDS tweak?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks