Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2015, 06:35   #2131
BHPian

Looks like my 2012 CL has the cheat software. Now the wait begins to see what VW is going to do about it. If their solution affects power I will be highly disappointed.
Old 14th October 2015, 07:51   #2132
BHPian

Shivasuma I assume you checked on their online website with your vin number and found that such a discrepancy exists in your car, if that is the case then , congratulations !! You may have an inbuilt tuning box giving 350 plus Nm torque , if the dyno results from a team who measured on road torque generated from such jettas is to be believed.

But in that case it is surprising why no formal statement has yet be given by Vw India about our vehicles.
Old 14th October 2015, 11:00   #2133
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
Looks like my 2012 CL has the cheat software. Now the wait begins to see what VW is going to do about it. If their solution affects power I will be highly disappointed.
Even my Jetta is effected.

We are in a country where transport vehicles ranging from auto to trucks, mix kerosene in diesel. Most of the fuel we get are adulterated.

On the other hand, we are concerned about emissions from passenger vehicles, even though they comply with our local emission norms.

Unless the system is clean, it is difficult to bring in any changes.. I have stopped worrying.

Whatever happens to the world, will happen to me.
Chethan B G is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 18:22   #2134
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

If you have any service concerns this may be the right time to tap on it. I finally got a great good will price off on replacing the AC/Comp/Drier/circuit overall after i requested for the same as my 4 years of coverage was over. I put together a detail email explaining how the same could have been caught during the 4 year service and how it makes no sense to suddenly become a problem.

Initially it was refused but now they are giving me a generous discount that i am getting it changed at their service centre.

All these years, customers were taken for a ride. May be its time you use their misfortune for your own fortune.

Remember, customer service, the way you write and the way you request and pursue your case relentlessly can lead to the right result.

They seem to be self trained in pushing the customers to see if the customer fold, but if you stand strong, i can guarantee that you will get your results.

VW - Good customer service experience.
VW2010 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th October 2015, 08:41   #2135
BHPian

Can someone share with me the Url to check if my Jetta has the cheat software please? Am unable to find it on the VW UK/DE website.

ETA: I have checked this particular page: https://www.vw.com/owners-recalls/
and i get this message: "This is not a recognizable Volkswagen VIN. Please check your VIN and try again." so i might have bigger problems!

Last edited by RoadTrippin : 18th October 2015 at 09:07. Reason: adding more details
Old 18th October 2015, 12:07   #2136
BHPian

Got the same message on the same link this morning
Old 18th October 2015, 12:24   #2137
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone have a link to check the Jetta VIN ? There is a Jetta being offered to me from ready stock and the dealer claims it is Aug Manufactured - wanted to check. Also - is it OK to buy a Aug manufactured car which has been lying in dealer stockyard for 2 months ?
Old 18th October 2015, 15:05   #2138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTrippin View Post
Can someone share with me the Url to check if my Jetta has the cheat software please? Am unable to find it on the VW UK/DE website.

ETA: I have checked this particular page: https://www.vw.com/owners-recalls/
and i get this message: "This is not a recognizable Volkswagen VIN. Please check your VIN and try again." so i might have bigger problems!
Please go through this thread for the correct link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...n-resigns.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Does anyone have a link to check the Jetta VIN ? There is a Jetta being offered to me from ready stock and the dealer claims it is Aug Manufactured - wanted to check. Also - is it OK to buy a Aug manufactured car which has been lying in dealer stockyard for 2 months ?
Post #9 - Link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...cture-vin.html

All the best!!
Old 18th October 2015, 16:01   #2139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Please go through this thread for the correct link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...n-resigns.html
Thanks Chetan, tried searching the thread and browsing through ten pages but was unable to find the link. have made a post there requesting for the link. Cheers.
Old 19th October 2015, 10:17   #2140
BHPian

hi, need some help from you guys.
I had given my car for servicing at the Sewri place last week. The service went allright and there was no problem as such. However, only day before when I tried, I realized the front passenger side door is not opening. Neither from inside nor from outside. The handles on both sides are just free - no clicking or anything.
I spoke with the SS guys and they said they are blocked till day after and I should show it to them on Wednesday before they can tell anything.
Any of you guys have had a similar problem? Or any idea why this could happen, and what could be the possible solution. Just want to be better prepared before the SS guys throw some gyan on me a slap me a hefty bill

Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 12:25   #2141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatsoboy View Post
hi, need some help from you guys.
I had given my car for servicing at the Sewri place last week. The service went allright and there was no problem as such. However, only day before when I tried, I realized the front passenger side door is not opening. Neither from inside nor from outside. The handles on both sides are just free - no clicking or anything.
I spoke with the SS guys and they said they are blocked till day after and I should show it to them on Wednesday before they can tell anything.
Any of you guys have had a similar problem? Or any idea why this could happen, and what could be the possible solution. Just want to be better prepared before the SS guys throw some gyan on me a slap me a hefty bill

Thanks
Sewri has to be the worst workshop! Had sent my car for servicing there and they had broken and my rear AC vent, And front passenger side window switch and at first refused to take responsibility, Finally they did, Not to mention servicing for me took one week. Your problem seems to be because of a faulty part, Door actuator maybe, Do push for warranty only.
Old 19th October 2015, 13:56   #2142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Sewri has to be the worst workshop! Had sent my car for servicing there and they had broken and my rear AC vent, And front passenger side window switch and at first refused to take responsibility, Finally they did, Not to mention servicing for me took one week. Your problem seems to be because of a faulty part, Door actuator maybe, Do push for warranty only.
Unfortunately my car crossed the 2 year warranty period about 3 months back. Am sure the service center guys aren't going to accept any responsibility. do you suggest sticking to VW authorised place only or somewhere outside would be better
Old 19th October 2015, 14:51   #2143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatsoboy View Post
Unfortunately my car crossed the 2 year warranty period about 3 months back. Am sure the service center guys aren't going to accept any responsibility. do you suggest sticking to VW authorised place only or somewhere outside would be better
You can try Bosch service center. They claim to have all spare parts. Door actuator from vw dealer will cost about 8-9k plus service changes..

All the best. Please update.
Old 19th October 2015, 16:07   #2144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
You can try Bosch service center. They claim to have all spare parts. Door actuator from vw dealer will cost about 8-9k plus service changes..

All the best. Please update.
Could you or somebody from Mumbai also guide me to the Bosch center here. Not able to find their location either on google or on this forum elsewhere. Could only find one in Thane
Any experience with wagenwerkz for this kind of work
Old 20th October 2015, 08:42   #2145
Senior - BHPian

I don't know about the Bosch service Center, but I'd go to VW for this. It seems to that your door actuator has failed, and if I remember right that costs about ₹7xxx + taxes.

I usually get my work done from the VW workshop in Andheri East, check them out once. It's worth a shot.
iliketurtles is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks