Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2015, 18:14   #2101
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Don't know about Jetta but that error points to a weak battery in fiats. Considering the fact that the service centre folks are usually hugely talented , if your battery isn't new , get it checked once from outside.
My battery is about 15months old, I had asked them to check the battery properly since the interior lights fluctuates everytime i was starting the car, But they flatly said the battery is absolutely fine, And the front drivers side crash sensor has gone kaput, Which would arrive only by next weekend
Old 18th September 2015, 18:16   #2102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
My battery is about 15months old, I had asked them to check the battery properly since the interior lights fluctuates everytime i was starting the car, But they flatly said the battery is absolutely fine, And the front drivers side crash sensor has gone kaput, Which would arrive only by next weekend
Have the battery checked at a garage outside, if you can. Just to be sure. Or swap the battery with another car/with a friend and see if you face the same symptoms. .SImple but effective test.
Old 18th September 2015, 18:20   #2103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Have the battery checked at a garage outside, if you can. Just to be sure. Or swap the battery with another car/with a friend and see if you face the same symptoms. .SImple but effective test.
Yes i will do so, Even though my SA assured me the battery was fine and told me he would send me a paper with all the battery details (Which obviously i did not get) Ill probably swap a battery and see what happens, VW is unbelievable to claim warranty! The heck my charger socket stopped working and they aren't replacing it under warranty and its for 2000 INR.
Old 19th September 2015, 22:20   #2104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
More and more feels like battery. Te battery voltage after full charge may show 14.1 but if the cells are weak its not going to send enough power.

Seocndly since you earlier said they cleaned up a sensor dust, i would still fear sensor going kaput.

Check battery for sure by testing it without load and with load and see if it drops to 10 or so.
The error popped up again and this time it stayed for a much longer time. Battery voltage doesn't drop below 12v. Looks like a sensor issue only. ABS, ESP and steering icon (not sure what it is for) are on. Not able to attach the pic as I don't have the permission yet. Which service centre should I take the car to in Bangalore? Thankfully I am under extended warranty. Car is 25 months old.
Old 20th September 2015, 08:47   #2105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabirsalam View Post
Which service centre should I take the car to in Bangalore? Thankfully I am under extended warranty. Car is 25 months old.
VW palace grounds malleshwaram is good one in Bangalore.

Try to read error codes on the vcds, if you have one...

If battery needs replacement, should we buy the stock again? Is there any other alternative in the market?

Can Guru's please confirm if DIN74 can be used for Jetta? Amaron DIN74 will be a good replacement I think..
Old 23rd September 2015, 18:03   #2106
BHPian

Hi Forum,

The time is coming up for the annual Goa trip and I am starting to prepare my Jetta for the long drive in the heat. I have the following queries with regard to the Jetta and the trip:

1) Sunfilm - since we are travelling in the end of October, I am guessing things will get quite hot. I have not quite been able to decide if I want sunfilm for my Jetta or not. Can other members please suggest whether I should go for sunfilm for the windows and back glass. My brother-in-law also opted for anti-glare coating on the front windscreen, is this required? Can people comment on the usefulness of this? Lastly can people recommend which brand to go for the rest of the car and the front windscreen.

2. Sunshades - are these legal, do these help? Any recommendations? I would have personally liked OEM ones like in the Superb, but alas did not have another 8L to spend! . Are there any out in the market, which would be the same quality as the superbs, and not super fidgety like the ones I have used in the past?

3. Nitrogen - I have asked this in a previous post, but did not quite get a definitive answer. Is it recommended to get nitrogen filled for such a long drive in the heat, or does it not make any difference? If the pressure goes low, what would be the options if I cannot find a nitrogen filling center on the way?

TIA
Old 23rd September 2015, 19:27   #2107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryputtar View Post

1) Sunfilm - since we are travelling in the end of October, I am guessing things will get quite hot. I have not quite been able to decide if I want sunfilm for my Jetta or not. Can other members please suggest whether I should go for sunfilm for the windows and back glass. My brother-in-law also opted for anti-glare coating on the front windscreen, is this required? Can people comment on the usefulness of this? Lastly can people recommend which brand to go for the rest of the car and the front windscreen.

2. Sunshades - are these legal, do these help? Any recommendations? I would have personally liked OEM ones like in the Superb, but alas did not have another 8L to spend! . Are there any out in the market, which would be the same quality as the superbs, and not super fidgety like the ones I have used in the past?
Sunfilms of all kinds are banned by Supreme Court. Of course, you can use one of the really transparent varieties and hope to avoid being caught by cops.

Sunshades and door visors can be installed. I think a set of sunshades for all 4 windows should be available in a price range of Rs. 1,200-2,000. Check out options available online (Amazon, ebay, snapdeal, etc.), or alternatively visit any of the spare part vendors. Unfortunately, the casing will not be hidden away within the door panel (like in stock cars from the factory), but will sit on the "window sill". Only thing you may want to ensure is that the pinch protection feature does not hamper using sunshades (I don't think it should, but I know someone who had a problem in her Vento).

This is the authoritative thread for sun film alternatives on T-BHP:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-sun-film.html

Here is another thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...e-sunfilm.html
reverse_gear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 08:58   #2108
BHPian

I clocked my personal best of 28KMPL
Driving @ 100 KMPH from Bangalore to Coimbatore by NH4 on 23rd Sep btwn 5 to 10 AM with 150Kg laden weight (2 adults + kid)
My Ride: 2014 VW Jetta mk6 Comfortline White 2.0 TDi 6 Speed MT done 15K KM's.
See the pic (courtesy of my better half while I was at the wheel) - the fuel gauge has just moved past one unit after almost 195 KM's.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-wp_20150923_07_10_29_pro.jpg  

Last edited by AirWind : 29th September 2015 at 09:01.
AirWind is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 10:52   #2109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
I clocked my personal best of 28KMPL
Driving @ 100 KMPH from Bangalore to Coimbatore by NH4 on 23rd Sep btwn 5 to 10 AM with 150Kg laden weight (2 adults + kid)
My Ride: 2014 VW Jetta mk6 Comfortline White 2.0 TDi 6 Speed MT done 15K KM's.
See the pic (courtesy of my better half while I was at the wheel) - the fuel gauge has just moved past one unit after almost 195 KM's.
The RPM is really low and towards Coimbatore is downhill, the former is a compliment to the cars gearing, 1500@100kph is really awesome. Coimbatore to Bangalore, you will lose the average at Thoppur and Shoolagiri, even then 18 kmpl on a round trip is still possible.
avira_tk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 11:56   #2110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
The RPM is really low and towards Coimbatore is downhill, the former is a compliment to the cars gearing, 1500@100kph is really awesome. Coimbatore to Bangalore, you will lose the average at Thoppur and Shoolagiri, even then 18 kmpl on a round trip is still possible.
I managed a 20 KMPL roundtrip of 1000 KM's mix of 700 KM's H'way and 300 KM's City on a tank full to tank full method.
Old 7th October 2015, 19:03   #2111
BHPian

So, I had been crossing finger and little bit excited too with the "news" item. Once the URL arrived, I promptly chipped in my VIN and found that my Jetta is not a cheat. Thats just like me
But now I donot know whether to be happy or sad. I was actually dreaming deep down that probably VW will recall the cars, tweak them and then give each one of us a 5L cheque compensating for being a cheat

On a serious note, Guys I need help. I think I have faced the first issue in my Jetta. The AC doesnt blow cold air when it starts. Most of the time it takes 7-8 mins and couple of times it took 10 mins. But then magically sometime it starts promptly though number of such occasions have become rare now. I guess few have faced this issue already.
What shall I do? Shall I call workshop and tell them the issue so that they keep solution ready and I can walk out the same day or do I have to go for an inspection and then obviously they are going to keep my car for a day atleast. I am asking this because I have to travel to mysore VW as I bought the car from them.
Also I am going to ask something silly. Please dont trash me. After I shut down and engine and get out of car, I can smell a very sour smell of diesel. Its not that sweetish. Its more like industrial waste kind of smell. Should I be bothered and ask someone to have a look?

Besides these, I am absolutely enjoying my car. A 500km return trip from chikmangalur and this beast wont shake an inch at speed and ghats. The pride still alive !!
Old 7th October 2015, 19:39   #2112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The AC doesnt blow cold air when it starts. Most of the time it takes 7-8 mins and couple of times it took 10 mins. But then magically sometime it starts promptly though number of such occasions have become rare now. I guess few have faced this issue already.

Check your air sensor. Check for rat bites. If the car is under warranty and the compressor is kaput, dont worry its covered. If the AC does not recieve the right voltage to manage temperature this can happen. O2 sensor most of the time the culprit.

if not the cost is close to 1.5 and up (L) for entire system replacement

Any smell that is not regular needs to be checked up. It could also be you are burning the clutch which smells similar. Take it for a check up.

And VW did cheat but Indians wont get any thing out of this purely because our norms are safe with that emission level as well.

The emission standard in US and Europe are way different and there VW has to take the car back and do something magical and fix this as well as compensate for the lies they gave. May be Life time warranty for all parts other than consumables.

ANd VW will happily sell the faulty ones here for heavy discounts purely because of the allowed limits for emission.
VW2010 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 22:12   #2113
BHPian

Sanju I think that till there is an official statement from arai or Vw India implying that vehicles in India have such a system we should not expect our vehicle vin numbers on the affected list, cause if its there then arai would not have to investigate in the 1st place.
hubolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2015, 17:01   #2114
GTO
Team-BHP Support

A premium car should be such that it doesn't get outdated even after 5 years. Obviously, short-sighted VW doesn't get that.

My best friend Nick bought a Jetta Comfortline 3 years back for 18 lakhs. At that time, a 10 lakh Vento had a bluetooth head-unit, but VW only offered it in the Jetta Highline. What a bunch of nincompoops.

Nick bought a Grand i10 for his wife last year and it has more equipment than his Jetta (including bluetooth functionality). We picked up a Bolt for his Dad today and it has bluetooth. But the most premium car in that house doesn't!

Imagine not being able to pair your phone to the head-unit via bluetooth. How stupid, how foolish. While his wife & Dad enjoy streaming music & hands-free telephony, Nick has to use an AUX cable to connect his iPhone to the head-unit. Yes, his 18 lakh Jetta doesn't even have a USB port!
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th October 2015, 18:20   #2115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
A premium car should be such that it doesn't get outdated even after 5 years. Obviously, short-sighted VW doesn't get that.

My best friend Nick bought a Jetta Comfortline 3 years back for 18 lakhs. At that time, a 10 lakh Vento had a bluetooth head-unit, but VW only offered it in the Jetta Highline. What a bunch of nincompoops.

Nick bought a Grand i10 for his wife last year and it has more equipment than his Jetta (including bluetooth functionality). We picked up a Bolt for his Dad today and it has bluetooth. But the most premium car in that house doesn't!

Imagine not being able to pair your phone to the head-unit via bluetooth. How stupid, how foolish. While his wife & Dad enjoy streaming music & hands-free telephony, Nick has to use an AUX cable to connect his iPhone to the head-unit. Yes, his 18 lakh Jetta doesn't even have a USB port!
Absolutely, I would have never bought the jetta if it had not been updated with DRL's, Bixenons, ACC and Bluetooth connectivity, And these are the daily use features i love about the jetta now.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks