Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2015, 20:11   #2041
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryputtar View Post
Been following all the noise about the Hyundai Creta launch, which does sounds like an attractive package in the 16-17l range.
Also just found that the car (called ix25 in China) got a 5-star safety rating in the C-NCAP tests. This really gives me second thoughts about buying the Jetta (at almost 25l) 3 months back, maybe I should have waited a bit longer.
Anyone else having the same thoughts about their purchase?

At some level, I see the kit available on the Creta and the Elite i20 and feel a twinge of sadness not having them (a 7 inch screen and rear camera would be nice!), but then I drive the car and the question doesn't pop into my head. The Jetta is a driver's car and involves you with every time. That feeling of connectedness is just more difficult to get with a Hyundai.

This car has soul, it's not just a collection of features that are admittedly great to have. And that's why I wouldn't swap it for a Creta or Elite i20, hand on heart.

Last edited by ampere : 26th July 2015 at 23:02. Reason: Formatted quoted post
iliketurtles is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2015, 20:53   #2042
BHPian

The i20 used to show 5 star ncap stickers on the rear glass without any airbags in the car, I don't think the india version of creta will get 1 star, they decontent the car to meet cost targets

Last edited by hubolt : 23rd July 2015 at 20:54.
hubolt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2015, 22:17   #2043

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Here's hoping that the 'brakes' on your Jetta will indeed improve as the vehicle is run in and that it will not have a 'break'-down on that account

Yeah - my spelling sucks. Sorry.

On a more serious note, have been trying to understand Jetta's braking pattern and while the brakes has improved a little bit with use, I think the brakes do not have as much bite as the cars I have driven in past (mostly Toyota Corolla 2005). When the brake pedal in Jetta is pressed hard enough the car does stop very quickly. Personally I would have liked a little more "power assist".

For now I don't intend to visit a service station for this but will bring it up during the 6month free check up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryputtar View Post
Been following all the noise about the Hyundai Creta launch, which does sounds like an attractive package in the 16-17l range.
Also just found that the car (called ix25 in China) got a 5-star safety rating in the C-NCAP tests. This really gives me second thoughts about buying the Jetta (at almost 25l) 3 months back, maybe I should have waited a bit longer. Anyone else having the same thoughts about their purchase?

Yes I also had the initial reaction of "maybe I should have waited for Creta" specially since Creta was already announced before I paid the booking amount. Yeah - I know that these are diff segment a SUV - sedan et al but still...

Hence went to checkout a high end display CRDI model earlier today. On the outside it does look like Mini SantaFe and very impressive and commanding for its segment.

However, the interiors are absolutely no match to Jetta HL. After 30 min of fiddling around I think I am happy with my Jetta decision. You can clearly see that a Creta is from a segment below - something you would expect from a vehicle with a 8 Lakh price difference. So while Creta might be good (maybe even better) value for money it is not compareable to Jetta and will not meet the expectation of "Jetta owner" segment.

Disclaimer: Have not done a test ride for Creta - have no intentions of doing so. Don't think the drive of the two vehicles will be comparable. I am anyway super happy with Jetta oil burner. The surge on pressing the accelerator pedal is mind blowing as the DSG shifts lower and rev's the engine past 3k RPM.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 27th July 2015 at 16:42. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
Old 28th July 2015, 23:57   #2044

Quote:
Originally Posted by PULAPIPL View Post
On a more serious note, have been trying to understand Jetta's braking pattern and while the brakes has improved a little bit with use, I think the brakes do not have as much bite as the cars I have driven in past (mostly Toyota Corolla 2005). When the brake pedal in Jetta is pressed hard enough the car does stop very quickly. Personally I would have liked a little more "power assist".

For now I don't intend to visit a service station for this but will bring it up during the 6month free check up.

Friends,

Apologies for back to back post.

I again had a situation today where I found the Jetta brakes to be too soft. On reaching my destination I checked the brake disc temperature - just the finger touch test. Found the front disc to be very hot as expected after a 25 km wthin city drive in Bangalore. However the rear brake disc were only luke warm. Is this normal? Can someone please confirm or is this a case where some adjustments are needed?
Old 2nd August 2015, 22:30   #2045
BHPian

Completed my second service at EVM Trivandrum yesterday. There were no issues to be taken care other than changing the wiper blades. Had opted out of the wheel alignment and balancing to ensure the car was delivered yesterday itself. Total bill amount came to Rs 16900/- which is reasonable I guess. Car was sparkling clean and visibly smooth after the service. Overall a satisfactory experience!

On a different note, requested for a GT TSI test drive after dropping the jetta for service. Since I was slightly busy, I offered to take the test drive on a later date, but they wouldn't budge. Even offered to drop me home in the car so that I wouldn't be late. Definitely happy to see the VW customer service improving!
sabirsalam is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 15:56   #2046
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Sounds quite normal... I've observed more wear on the front pads with more visible dust on the alloy wheels while the rear wheels are relatively cleaner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PULAPIPL View Post
Friends,

Apologies for back to back post.

I again had a situation today where I found the Jetta brakes to be too soft. On reaching my destination I checked the brake disc temperature - just the finger touch test. Found the front disc to be very hot as expected after a 25 km wthin city drive in Bangalore. However the rear brake disc were only luke warm. Is this normal? Can someone please confirm or is this a case where some adjustments are needed?
Old 4th August 2015, 16:28   #2047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabirsalam View Post
Completed my second service at EVM Trivandrum yesterday. There were no issues to be taken care other than changing the wiper blades. Had opted out of the wheel alignment and balancing to ensure the car was delivered yesterday itself. Total bill amount came to Rs 16900/- which is reasonable I guess. Car was sparkling clean and visibly smooth after the service. Overall a satisfactory experience!

On a different note, requested for a GT TSI test drive after dropping the jetta for service. Since I was slightly busy, I offered to take the test drive on a later date, but they wouldn't budge. Even offered to drop me home in the car so that I wouldn't be late. Definitely happy to see the VW customer service improving!
How much did they charge for wiper blades, if you can share?
Old 5th August 2015, 00:25   #2048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_PGPX View Post
Hi, I am out of town for two days. Shall post the details once I am back.
Old 6th August 2015, 14:41   #2049
Senior - BHPian

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Anyone aware of the front bumper lip and side skirts available for the jetta? Its listed on the website as well under the accessories section for the jetta. Yesterday i happend to see a jetta which had this kit installed and damm it looked really good! I enquired with the VW downtown here in mumbai from where i had brought the car and it was told to me the kit is not available anymore from VW. I soo want to get it installed.
Old 6th August 2015, 21:17   #2050
Senior - BHPian

Jetta service earlier suggested that the AC Compressor needs to be replaced. The day i reach out to their customer service, i get a new request that they are ready to overhaul the entire AC system with 6 month warranty for around 25k.

The service business is so edgy that you cannot trust any Service advisor unless you know him personally.

VW is here to make money and i am losing trust on them everyday. I am not sure if i will ever buy another VW but at this point i am just letting you guys know the way they can shift service requirement based on your needs.

Dont bend when they say it needs to be changed. Get a second opinion always.
VW2010 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2015, 09:25   #2051
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_PGPX View Post
Hi, wiper blades were Rs 1580 each and 180Rs for the labour cost. Total around 3300Rs.
Sorry for the delay as I just got back after my travel.
sabirsalam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2015, 05:53   #2052
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi, wiper blades were Rs 1580 each and 180Rs for the labour cost. Total around 3300Rs.
Sorry for the delay as I just got back after my travel.
Day light robbery for 180rs to change that wiper blades. Its hardly morethan two minute job. I cannot believe these service centres are taking customers for granted.
VW2010 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2015, 12:12   #2053
BHPian

Can someone tell me what the 7500 km checkup entails please? I thought Jetta need servicing only at 15K intervals.

Thank you and cheers
Old 10th August 2015, 12:39   #2054
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
Can someone tell me what the 7500 km checkup entails please? I thought Jetta need servicing only at 15K intervals.

Thank you and cheers
It's just a checkup at 7.5k. They'll inspect some stuff, top up engine oil (won't even cost 4 figures) and send you on your way. The servicing will be done at 15k Kms, as you said.
iliketurtles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2015, 13:52   #2055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Day light robbery for 180rs to change that wiper blades. Its hardly morethan two minute job. I cannot believe these service centres are taking customers for granted.
True that. I saw some videos on you tube about changing wiper blade even the length of those was less than 5 min. I believe the part cost is also always on a higher side. I see a business opportunity here, to stock OEM parts for VW??
Mission_PGPX is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks