Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2014, 18:22   #1381
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
Hello,

Please let me know what u guys think on this color!
Looks fantastic. If you keep it well waxed and dust free, it sure will be a head turner.
graaja is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2014, 18:43   #1382
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Hello,

Wow..that color looks gorgeous! Go for it.

I wish this color was available last year, I would have definitely taken it. I almost want to sell mine, and purchase this one. Just for the color

Last edited by MandarMax : 14th April 2014 at 18:47.
MandarMax is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2014, 18:49   #1383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Looks fantastic. If you keep it well waxed and dust free, it sure will be a head turner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandarMax View Post
Wow...that color looks gorgeous! Go for it.

I wish this color was available last year, I would have definitely taken it.
I took these pictures in a very shady and dull climate, due to the clouds there was no proper lighting. And yes the color looks mind blowing in person. Premium series i'd like to call it looks like one of those Audi's and BMW's. In fact even better than the BMW. The car was parked on the road with heavy traffic ( i asked them to for lighting) and was quickly taken inside. So i couldn't click many pictures for comparison. There was a blue BMW parked wanted to compare the color contrast but couldn't. I have seen the car coming into the garage and believe me looks stunning while on the move!

Last edited by Amarendranath : 14th April 2014 at 18:52.
Old 14th April 2014, 19:00   #1384
Senior - BHPian

Do you even have to ask Amarendranath? Go for it. If you don't, I'll fly down to where you live with some of my friends, gather around you and chant "buy it, buy it, buy it" until you do so.

So just buy it already!
iliketurtles is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2014, 19:32   #1385
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
Do you even have to ask Amarendranath? Go for it. If you don't, I'll fly down to where you live with some of my friends, gather around you and chant "buy it, buy it, buy it" until you do so.

So just buy it already!
Amarendranath, I would recommend you to immediately buy it before iliketurtles executes his threat
Old 15th April 2014, 11:06   #1386
BHPian

Quote:

So just buy it already!
I'd say please drive down to Hyderabad and both of us will rush down to the garage and chant 'What a color' , 'What a color', 'What a color'

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Amarendranath, I would recommend you to immediately buy it before iliketurtles executes his threat
Graaja, the idea of turtles coming down to hyderabad sounds so much fun. Shall see him chant his prayer

Booking amount paid, Car blocked on dad's name. the company has quoted me 52k for nil Depreciation insurance. Im planning to take the insurance outside as the burden for the seconf year will get reduced. Its costing me arount 40k outside.
Amarendranath is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th April 2014, 17:42   #1387
BHPian

Guys,

How much is theJetta Body cover from volkswagen? here the SE said it is out of stock and not sure on the price. Also suggest a good navigation unit and floor mats for the car. Dropped the idea of reverse camera as i feel sensors will do the job.
Old 15th April 2014, 18:53   #1388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

How much is theJetta Body cover from volkswagen? here the SE said it is out of stock and not sure on the price. Also suggest a good navigation unit and floor mats for the car. Dropped the idea of reverse camera as i feel sensors will do the job.
Congratulations!!

1. Sensors do the job very well.

2. Garmin - like the one I use... If you like it.

3. Body cover: Do you need one? I have never used one till date.. But you can get a varieties of them in the local accessories shop. Should not be a problem.

Are you changing the tyres? Worth it, if you are..
Old 15th April 2014, 18:59   #1389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Congratulations!!

1. Sensors do the job very well.

2. Garmin - like the one I use... If you like it.

3. Body cover: Do you need one? I have never used one till date.. But you can get a varieties of them in the local accessories shop. Should not be a problem.

Are you changing the tyres? Worth it, if you are..
Thankyou Chethan

Can you please post the link of the model here? I park the car in an open area, if you remember on me mentioning i don't clean the car daily. A cover would save a lot of pain for me in terms of maintenance. Tyres i'm not sure if i will for now. I will check the tyres costs tomorrow. If i do get a good deal will definitely opt for an exchange. The test drive car was on Eagle's and the noise didn't bother me much and hence didn't consider an exchange in the first place.
Old 15th April 2014, 19:06   #1390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

1. I was quoted about Rs. 2000 for the body cover

2. I have a MapmyIndia unit, but it's a bit clunky (even though it gets the job done), wouldn't recommend it. Look at Chethan's Garmin, it's a good unit. Even TomTom has a good one at about Rs. 10000

3. Go for 3d Floor mats, either from Star or Kagu. The former will be about Rs. Rs. 2500, the latter is about Rs. 6000 or more. Kagu's fitting is much better, although I'm quite happy with my Star mats. You can check them out on my ownership thread.

I'd recommend you change the tyres too, you'll get best value for them right when they're brand new. The Good Years are known to be noisy at speed, get harder with age and aren't that good on the whole. I'd recommend changing them right away, I don't know anyone who has changed the tyres and felt it wasn't fully worth it.

Last edited by iliketurtles : 15th April 2014 at 19:08. Reason: tyres!
iliketurtles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2014, 19:27   #1391
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can you please post the link of the model here?
Garmin 52LM: http://www.garmin.co.in/products/ont...vi_52lm_india/

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3244845

http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-Portabl...ref=pd_sim_e_3

Quote:
I park the car in an open area, if you remember on me mentioning i don't clean the car daily. A cover would save a lot of pain for me in terms of maintenance.
My theory is: If I am lazy to clean my car (which I am), I will also be lazy to cover the car every day. So why waste money?

Quote:
The test drive car was on Eagle's and the noise didn't bother me much and hence didn't consider an exchange in the first place.

Noise is the only problem with the Eagle NCT5. Even I do not have a problem with noise (since I upgraded from Polo). If one is used to better tyres, it can be a problem.

But if you spend on the tyres, you will definitely get your money's worth..

3D Kagu is good and worth the money spent.

Last edited by Chethan B G : 15th April 2014 at 19:30.
Chethan B G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2014, 20:38   #1392
BHPian

Wow - its raining Platinum Grey Jetta's on TBHP My Platinum Grey German beauty (ComfortLine) arrived 2 weeks back and we are loving it! As luck would have it - got super-busy at work right around the purchase which is not really a bad thing - so, the ownership thread'll have to wait for now. Done about 600km so far and its been exhilarating, exciting, awesome!

I think this thread pretty much covers everything about the car and there is precious little for me to add anyway!

Special thanks to Sanjeeb Bose for putting up with my pestering and helping out with the decision - thanks a ton buddy - beer's on me when we meet!

Got a few questions for the group:

1. Anyone got an ashtray with the car? The manual talks about it and I'm not sure if the Indian version comes with it? My swift had one and it served as an awesome coin storage!

2. Any manual for the HU? Not that it's hard to use or figure out - but I want to buy a large enough SD card for my music and dont know the largest size it supports? Anyone know if it supports any audio format other than mp3?

3. What's with VW and soft-copies of the user manual? I cant find any online copy and I could easily get the soft copies (official) of the manual's for Octavia/Yeti etc which were my considerations before I settled on the Jetta. Why such a secret here?

Thanks in advance guys.
Old 15th April 2014, 21:00   #1393
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new car. The color is same as in Vento Shadow Blue. Surprisingly the color is not mentioned in Jetta's online e-Brochure. Shadow Blue will be tough color to maintain but will any day look superb. You can take few pointers from following thread on car detailing & day to day car care.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tml#post379997

Quote:
How much is theJetta Body cover from volkswagen? here the SE said it is out of stock and not sure on the price.
I would suggest you to buy cover from VW which is DuPont Tyvek and not the silver one. DuPont is slightly expensive but does a better job at keeping dust at bay.

Quote:
Also suggest a good navigation unit and floor mats for the car.
Why do you need a standalone navigation unit. You may be having a 5" touchscreen mobile on which you can run Google Maps with a 3G data connection. More than sufficient to navigate all around India.

For mats I would suggest Kagu 3D mats. Worth every penny.

Looking forward to your ownership thread and more pics of your car in better light.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2014, 22:39   #1394
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hello,

Absolutely gorgeous colour. I would go for it eyes closed absolutely. After BMW's imperial blue, I think only VW has been able to come up with a fantastic shade of blue.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2014, 00:21   #1395
BHPian

Quote:
1. I was quoted about Rs. 2000 for the body cover
I will try asking for the same. El lobo confused me with his post. I remeber seeing only the silver body covers in the garage (cars were covered in them) I have no idea what are DuPont Tyvek covers

Quote:
2. I have a MapmyIndia unit, but it's a bit clunky (even though it gets the job done), wouldn't recommend it. Look at Chethan's Garmin, it's a good unit. Even TomTom has a good one at about Rs. 10000
Yup, i actually forgot, what all i read on chethan's thread. The Garmin is also costing much cheaper at 4500. This should do for now.

Quote:
3. Go for 3d Floor mats, either from Star or Kagu. The former will be about Rs. Rs. 2500, the latter is about Rs. 6000 or more. Kagu's fitting is much better, although I'm quite happy with my Star mats. You can check them out on my ownership thread.
The 3D mats in this thread are sweet! and are black in color.
Kagu 3D mats.

Any purchase links for the same model that you have come across?

Quote:
I'd recommend you change the tyres too, you'll get best value for them right when they're brand new. The Good Years are known to be noisy at speed, get harder with age and aren't that good on the whole. I'd recommend changing them right away, I don't know anyone who has changed the tyres and felt it wasn't fully worth it.
Yes, i will consider the tyre change as well provided by budget doesn't exceed from what i have planned initially.

Thats very kind of you chethan, before you can even post i rushed down to your thread and checked the unit. How do these navigation devices work? Are they accurate or they mislead by giving out the shortcut routes. I have pretty bad experiences with Google maps. I dont see much of a difference between 50LM and 52LM. On flipkart it is priced at 9,990. I guess you bought it from a local dealer at that price?

Quote:
My theory is: If I am lazy to clean my car (which I am), I will also be lazy to cover the car every day. So why waste money?
Hehe, you may be right on this one. But atleast ill try till my itch dies down. Trust me when i say i park in an open dusty area. Within a day the car would like as if it was hit by a Sand storm.

Quote:
Noise is the only problem with the Eagle NCT5. Even I do not have a problem with noise (since I upgraded from Polo). If one is used to better tyres, it can be a problem.

But if you spend on the tyres, you will definitely get your money's worth..

3D Kagu is good and worth the money spent.
Yes, i shall allocate my budgets for tyre change as well.you may be right on this. Frankly i had no problem with Eagle's. May be the level of comfort after upgrade will be on a different level altogether. Shall check if i can squeeze in some more for the tyres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Congrats on your new car. The color is same as in Vento Shadow Blue. Surprisingly the color is not mentioned in Jetta's online e-Brochure. Shadow Blue will be tough color to maintain but will any day look superb. You can take few pointers from following thread on car detailing & day to day car care.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tml#post379997
Thank you El lobo, I guess the shades are different. Its Shadow blue on Vento and Tempest Blue Metallic on Jetta. I shall compare and check if both the color look similar. This thread is very huge and didn't know where to start and hence turned to Jetta thread for maintenance tips from the current owners

Quote:
I would suggest you to buy cover from VW which is DuPont Tyvek and not the silver one. DuPont is slightly expensive but does a better job at keeping dust at bay.
Can you let me know what this DuPont Tyvek is ? I have seen the regular silver covers.

Quote:
Why do you need a standalone navigation unit. You may be having a 5" touchscreen mobile on which you can run Google Maps with a 3G data connection. More than sufficient to navigate all around India.

For mats I would suggest Kagu 3D mats. Worth every penny.

Looking forward to your ownership thread and more pics of your car in better light.
Trust me, I had a pretty bad experience with Google maps on my iphone and hence stopped using it ever since and i feel the stand alone might be more reliable and time saving and hence the idea to invest in One. The 3D mats in the first page of the link you posted are lovely! Any purchase links that you are aware of ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Absolutely gorgeous colour. I would go for it eyes closed absolutely. After BMW's imperial blue, I think only VW has been able to come up with a fantastic shade of blue.
Thank you drmohitg, I was equally stunned looking at the color and the presence it displays! I'm really glad i have opted for this color.

Uploading few more pics on from yesterday, please forgive my photo re-sizing skills

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-photo-4.jpg Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-photo-21.jpgVolkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-w.jpg

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-111.jpg Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-photo-1.jpg

The vin number has B before 14 so i wonder if its Feb manufactured or March. The SE said for Jetta its diffrerent(vin decoding) when compared to Vento and polo and there will be no alphabet 'A' for Jetta's and so its March manufactured he said. Is this true ?

Last edited by Amarendranath : 16th April 2014 at 00:32.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks