Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2014, 20:54   #1366
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

My deal for the Jetta has almost been finalized, Opting for the Extended warranty after 6 months which will cost around 42k. (Assuming this after checking the team bhp news) Now absolutely have no money for any treatments for the car, Sadly stay-kool is out of option and bla bla bla. I have saved a little for all the products which turtles has posted links for, But now what came as a pain was not the money. Within two days of the negotiations the Tofee brown color is now not available (Delivered today to someone else as i didn't block the car). I'm only left with Tempest Blue Metallic (This came as a shock all of a sudden) or the Candy White White was my least preference and i'm yet to check out the Metallic Blue. Suggestions anyone ?

will badly miss that toffee color. We are adamant on the Date of Delivery and so now have to compromise on the color, as all the good days are only after 30th April. The maximum i can wait would be another week after which i will burst out!

Last edited by Amarendranath : 12th April 2014 at 21:07.
Old 12th April 2014, 21:12   #1367
Senior - BHPian

Go for tempest blue amarendranath, admittedly I've only seen it in pictures but it looks lovely. You'll be one of the first in India to own it too, let alone team bhp. Plus, since you're not keen on white, why even bother taking it if it's a compromise for you?

Good luck, and keep us posted.
iliketurtles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2014, 23:53   #1368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tempest Blue Metallic
That color was not there when i went to buy the jetta. My first choice was the pre 2010 beautiful grey not the silver grey and the tempest blue. Had to settle to light blue which i dont regret.
Old 13th April 2014, 00:24   #1369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
Suggestions anyone ?

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-2014vwjettaheliostributecarvolkswagenaccessoriesbodykit05.jpg

My personal opinion is Blue is much better than the Brown.. Looks Royal..

Keep us posted!!
Chethan B G is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2014, 09:22   #1370
Team-BHP Support

The tempest blue colour on Jetta was shown at the Auto expo. Here's a few pics from the expo:

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-img_3301.jpg

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-img_3304.jpg

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-img_3305.jpg
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2014, 14:19   #1371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
Go for tempest blue amarendranath, admittedly I've only seen it in pictures but it looks lovely. You'll be one of the first in India to own it too, let alone team bhp. Plus, since you're not keen on white, why even bother taking it if it's a compromise for you?

Good luck, and keep us posted.
First in India? Basically i have no choice so i guess ill end up taking blue, However the color seems to be really impressive and very classy. I'm taking a long test drive tomorrow and also checking the color in person. But definitely feels good to be the first one on Team-bhp and also the first car in india.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Attachment 1229429

My personal opinion is Blue is much better than the Brown.. Looks Royal..

Keep us posted!!
Thankyou chethan, thats kind of you to upload a picture. Yes i will have to agree blue looks classy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The tempest blue colour on Jetta was shown at the Auto expo. Here's a few pics from the expo:

Attachment 1229518

Attachment 1229519

Attachment 1229520
Thankyou Viddy, Im checking out the car tomorrow. I found something on youtube that really pumped up my mind. Something is wrong with the iphone app for team-bhp and im not able to upload pics from it. So took a screenshot and uploading it from my system.

Name:  photo.PNG
Views: 2144
Size:  224.3 KB

If we check in the above picture, the color looks absolutely stunning. A deep blue shade. Very rich, very classy. Almost sold on it, just need one final glance before i confirm it.

Thank you all for your very quick and kind replies, You guys were very helpful in my decision making.Turtles your post did the trick!

Last edited by Amarendranath : 13th April 2014 at 14:22.
Old 13th April 2014, 14:22   #1372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
First in India? I'm taking a long test drive tomorrow and also checking the color in person. But definitely feels good to be the first one on Team-bhp and also the first car in India
Well, maybe not the first in India (I'm not a betting man, but I'd reckon first 5 is a good shout), but definitely the first on team BHP.

Do take some photos tomorrow so that we can have a look-see as well!
Old 13th April 2014, 14:28   #1373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
Well, maybe not the first in India (I'm not a betting man, but I'd reckon first 5 is a good shout), but definitely the first on team BHP.

Do take some photos tomorrow so that we can have a look-see as well!
I was called to the stockyard today, but the car would have been covered with a white plaster kind of material. I asked them to get the car to the showroom tomorrow and stock it up there.(plaster removed) And yes i will definitely upload the pictures once again to know what you guys think, the SE was also telling me that they didn't get any word that a blue was sold till date so may be you are the first or the second person he says. So hopefully if everything goes good. Will try doing the pdi tomorrow itself. Fingers crossed
Old 13th April 2014, 15:24   #1374
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I was called to the stockyard today, but the car would have been covered with a white plaster kind of material. I asked them to get the car to the showroom tomorrow and stock it up there.(plaster removed)
Good choice of colour! This is a very popular colour for the Jetta here in Singapore. Personally I feel the blue looks more elegant than the brown. That said, maintenance-wise it would be up there with the likes of black
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2014, 19:33   #1375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Good choice of colour! This is a very popular colour for the Jetta here in Singapore. Personally I feel the blue looks more elegant than the brown. That said, maintenance-wise it would be up there with the likes of black
You are absolutely right! Was getting bugged at home so drove down to check out the car, covered completely in dust and also couldn't get the entire color as it was dark. Pics were of no use due to the darkness. It's a thick blue color, I first mistook it for black. The color can easily be mistaken for black at night. Will update once again tomorrow evening once the check the properly cleaned and polished car .
Old 14th April 2014, 12:20   #1376
Team-BHP Support

Has anyone been able to synchronize the phone contacts to the Jetta's HU? When I select the synchronize command, I see a message that synchronization is taking place, but nothing after that. After some time, the message goes away, but when I try to open the phone book, I still get a message that the phone book is empty. Is there something I am doing wrong?
Old 14th April 2014, 16:20   #1377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Has anyone been able to synchronize the phone contacts to the Jetta's HU? When I select the synchronize command, I see a message that synchronization is taking place, but nothing after that. After some time, the message goes away, but when I try to open the phone book, I still get a message that the phone book is empty. Is there something I am doing wrong?
Graaja, my phone is linked with the HU and IIRC i have not done synchronising of the phone and yet i can see the whole contact list on the HU incluing the recent call list.
gowda79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2014, 16:21   #1378

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post

Haven't faced this issue. When I first paired my phone, it detected the address book and synced it.

Every other time when I have new numbers on my phone, I get a message on the MID saying new address book detected and when "ok"ed it quickly syncs it.

Maybe you should try unpairing and reconnecting your phone?

PS: used an iPhone 5.
Old 14th April 2014, 16:57   #1379
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post

Graaja, my phone is linked with the HU and IIRC i have not done synchronising of the phone and yet i can see the whole contact list on the HU incluing the recent call list.
Thanks a lot for the confirmation. Once you confirmed, I
Googled the issue and found the problem. When the VW HU connects with the phone, android throws a message asking permission to allow sync of phone book. This is usually displayed in the notification list and I had missed it. Now I granted the permission and the phone book and call register are visible in the HU.
Old 14th April 2014, 18:10   #1380
BHPian

Hello,

Please let me know what u guys think on this color!

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-photo-1.jpg

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-photo-2.jpg

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-photo-3.jpg

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-photo-4.jpg

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-photo-5.jpg
Amarendranath is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks