Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2012, 12:07   #616
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shocknawe View Post
Brilliant review and brilliant pics Rudra. I have been quite indecisive about what car to buy in the last 2 weeks. I think your review has helped me seal my decision without any further doubt. I always wanted an auto, but the Jetta auto is a bit out of my budget. So im going in for CL Manual.
A friend bought CL Manual last year around September and somehow he has Cruise Control too, which is not available in the current CL Manual. Is there any way to opt for it as the dealer refuses to admit that cruise control was earlier available.
The CL does not come with a cruise control. There have been a couple of earlier CL cars which were delivered with the functionality - looks more like a manufacturing oversight & some lucky folks who got it.

It was discontinued almost immediately. So the official stand is that there is no Cruise Control in CL trim.
Old 2nd September 2012, 23:29   #617
BHPian

Took delivery of my toffee brown highline DSG on 27th August. Got the car with 74kms on the odo, added 655kms in 5 days.

Attaching a teaser pic for now, separate thread coming up soon.

Thanks to Rudra and all those who have been actively involved in the thread for sharing their knowledge about the car and related stuff.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-phpw673cyam.jpg  

Old 3rd September 2012, 00:12   #618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetanya Sharma
Took delivery of my toffee brown highline DSG on 27th August. Got the car with 74kms on the odo, added 655kms in 5 days.
Congratulations Chetanya - splendid choice of car, color, trim and license plate number too. The Jetta looks quite stately in Toffee Brown. Which dealership did you buy from and what was the OTR price? Please do also share discounts you were able to negotiate in your deal.

Btw I notice your car is registered at the Andheri RTO. Are you from the western suburbs by any chance?
Old 3rd September 2012, 00:19   #619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post
Congratulations Chetanya - splendid choice of car, color, trim and license plate number too. The Jetta looks quite stately in Toffee Brown. Which dealership did you buy from and what was the OTR price? Please do also share discounts you were able to negotiate in your deal.

Btw I notice your car is registered at the Andheri RTO. Are you from the western suburbs by any chance?
Thanks! OTR price is 22,55,000 which is inclusive of insurance by the dealership (I had opted for self insurance). Bought it from Tornado Motors (Mumbai West), Santacruz West. I reside in andheri west. As far as the discounts go, they were very reluctant but I secured sun film, boot mats and a body cover as a part of the deal. No cash discounts at all!
Old 3rd September 2012, 00:34   #620
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks! OTR price is 22,55,000 which is inclusive of insurance by the dealership (I had opted for self insurance). Bought it from Tornado Motors (Mumbai West), Santacruz West. I reside in andheri west. As far as the discounts go, they were very reluctant but I secured sun film, boot mats and a body cover as a part of the deal. No cash discounts at all!
Thanks for the info. No surprises there Chetanya. VW West (Tornado Motors) has stoically held fort against offering any cash discounts on the Jetta which isn't the case elsewhere in the country. A lot of fellow BHPians across India have gotten varying levels of cash rebates, as you might've read. I'm sure you checked for corporate discounts also.

Hey outta curiosity: did you happen to deal with a sales associate named Amit at the dealership?
Old 3rd September 2012, 00:58   #621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post
Thanks for the info. No surprises there Chetanya. VW West (Tornado Motors) has stoically held fort against offering any cash discounts on the Jetta which isn't the case elsewhere in the country. A lot of fellow BHPians across India have gotten varying levels of cash rebates, as you might've read. I'm sure you checked for corporate discounts also.

Hey outta curiosity: did you happen to deal with a sales associate named Amit at the dealership?
I wanted the car in my name hence didnt bother about corporate discount. They gave me a car in a month of booking so no regrets, normal waiting period was of 3 months. Yes, I had a brief interaction with Amit on the day of the delivery.
Old 3rd September 2012, 01:06   #622
BHPian

Quote:

I wanted the car in my name hence didnt bother about corporate discount. They gave me a car in a month of booking so no regrets, normal waiting period was of 3 months. Yes, I had a brief interaction with Amit on the day of the delivery.
Under 4 weeks is great! Anyway its good to run into a neighbour on TBHP. Next time I see ya around, will wave

Enjoy your car buddy and wish you a happy ownership experience. Eagerly looking forward to your initial ownership thread and many more pictures...

Last edited by Omtoatom : 3rd September 2012 at 01:09.
Old 3rd September 2012, 11:59   #623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetanya Sharma View Post

... about the car and related stuff.
Congrats on your new ride Chetanya.. Did you go for 0 dep cover insurance? What was it that you were able to get as insurance premium?

Do share more pics & your experience.

Happy Motoring.
Old 3rd September 2012, 18:38   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkaul1 View Post
Congrats on your new ride Chetanya.. Did you go for 0 dep cover insurance? What was it that you were able to get as insurance premium?

Do share more pics & your experience.

Happy Motoring.
Thanks vkaul, same pinch!

Yes, I opted for ICICI Lombard 0 dep cover, set me back 43,996 INR. I am finding it difficult to spare time for a thread and pics. Car is a week old and 750 on the odo. Planning on importing the BT module+white lights from ECS tuning soon.
Old 4th September 2012, 11:07   #625
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks vkaul, same pinch!

Yes, I opted for ICICI Lombard 0 dep cover, set me back 43,996 INR. I am finding it difficult to spare time for a thread and pics. Car is a week old and 750 on the odo. Planning on importing the BT module+white lights from ECS tuning soon.
Not a problem, I can understand & it took me forever to put it together. That's where the assembly line thingie helps. I did it over multiple weekends.

White lights as in DRLs & interiors or headlamps / fogs too?

BT module I feel makes such a huge difference where cell phones have become a part of daily life. Also when in the mood, lets the the others play the "DJ" role
Old 4th September 2012, 22:40   #626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkaul1 View Post
Not a problem, I can understand & it took me forever to put it together. That's where the assembly line thingie helps. I did it over multiple weekends.

White lights as in DRLs & interiors or headlamps / fogs too?

BT module I feel makes such a huge difference where cell phones have become a part of daily life. Also when in the mood, lets the the others play the "DJ" role
I already have the DRL's from dealextreme. Thinking of getting better ones+interior lighting package+city lights and number plate lights.

I was trying to reset the trip meter, but it doesnt budge at all. Did you face the same problem? We have to use the 0.0/set button to reset, correct?
Old 5th September 2012, 12:31   #627

Hey Chetanya,
Congrats on your new 'lady'. She's quite a looker. Waiting for more pics and drive reviews. You seem not able to get your hands off her. I booked a Candy white CL from Downtown but no freebies except the basic insurance discount. It seems that they just discount their margins on the insurance and it is not an actual discount. Can you specify which quality films / mats / car cover VW West has provided you. Is it the Lumar Economy or Premium Films / VW mats or some local brand / Silver or Dupont Car Cover. Im not sure how, but need to put my foot down for some freebies too. Also do you think mud flaps are necessary as the sales guys say it is not necessarily required for Jetta (so still trying to figure out what they mean).
Old 5th September 2012, 16:25   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shocknawe View Post
Hey Chetanya,
Congrats on your new 'lady'. She's quite a looker. Waiting for more pics and drive reviews. You seem not able to get your hands off her. I booked a Candy white CL from Downtown but no freebies except the basic insurance discount. It seems that they just discount their margins on the insurance and it is not an actual discount. Can you specify which quality films / mats / car cover VW West has provided you. Is it the Lumar Economy or Premium Films / VW mats or some local brand / Silver or Dupont Car Cover. Im not sure how, but need to put my foot down for some freebies too. Also do you think mud flaps are necessary as the sales guys say it is not necessarily required for Jetta (so still trying to figure out what they mean).
Thanks. I would suggest getting self insurance no doubt, that too zero dep. They put Llumar PP70, boot mat - I'm not sure if they are local or VW but I asked them for the one that was in the list of accessories, so I am guessing its original. Car cover was original VW but made in india and silver in color. I personally dont think mudflaps are necessary at all, also heard a couple of negative reviews about the mudflaps scraping the speed breakers at times. All the best!
Old 6th September 2012, 13:47   #629
BHPian

Quote:
I already have the DRL's from dealextreme. Thinking of getting better ones+interior lighting package+city lights and number plate lights.

I was trying to reset the trip meter, but it doesnt budge at all. Did you face the same problem? We have to use the 0.0/set button to reset, correct?
Hi Chaitnya.. Yes the trip meter on the RHS bottom corner needs to be reset using the 0.0/set button.

There are 2 others on the MFD - the first one gets auto reset after a 2 hour interval (when the car if off), the other one you need to do manually pressing the 'OK' button on the steering wheel. And of course you can reset the first one this way as well.. However this would reset all other trip data also.
Old 6th September 2012, 14:17   #630
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I personally dont think mudflaps are necessary at all, also heard a couple of negative reviews about the mudflaps scraping the speed breakers at times. All the best!
Nothing wrong in having them but yes they do scrap if you are fully loaded. WHen fully loaded ensure your air pressure is also at right level.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks