Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2016, 23:46   #2581
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
Ok, if you don't have the cable right now, i'll dig further on google. For Tear drop it says to check whether there's a drop down called "Wischer" in 09 - Centr. Electronics. But I don't have that drop down.

Also, the single side parking is what you said. You switch the indicator on, and lock the car, and the brake / parking lights on that side stay on.

Have you tried this tweak to see if you can enable auto folding mirrors?
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...coding-feature)

Do cars with electrically folding mirrors also need that extra module which you guys were talking about in the past?
Those links given by sunsbhp are worth a look, The side parking was enabled in my car by default.

Have tried that tweak as well to enable the auto folding mirrors, I seriously wanted to have that feature since day one when i bought the car, But unfortunately the link you have posted, I had tried to do the same using an Original ross tech cable too, But no luck. Ill still give it one more try once i get my hands on the cable in a couple of days, Even though by now i am sure we would need the extra module, Yes that is what we were talking about in the past.
Old 25th May 2016, 10:31   #2582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
I sent my cable to a friend in chennai, But i have asked another fellow to drop his cable so that i can get the codes for you, Also What is single side parking lights? Is it that you can keep the parking lights of either side on after you have parked the car?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Those links given by sunsbhp are worth a look, The side parking was enabled in my car by default.

Have tried that tweak as well to enable the auto folding mirrors, I seriously wanted to have that feature since day one when i bought the car, But unfortunately the link you have posted, I had tried to do the same using an Original ross tech cable too, But no luck. Ill still give it one more try once i get my hands on the cable in a couple of days, Even though by now i am sure we would need the extra module, Yes that is what we were talking about in the past.
Yup, tried it myself last night. Didn't work.
Also, changed the TSC value to 1. The Car started giving me a ESC error. Freaked out and reverted it.
Old 25th May 2016, 11:35   #2583
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This wont work. When you read the complete thread in that link its clear the mod works for left handed drivers and not the RHD's.

The only way to achieve is that component from Ali Express. I am so used to closing and opening as a habit now that i hardly see if i need that mod any more. Its like winking for me where the first think after i put my keys inside the ignition, hands automatically go to the window knob

My ideal next mod is Petes tuning box and better suspension. Need to source it from Ali or someone travelling from US (the suspension kit atleast)
Old 25th May 2016, 14:31   #2584
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also, changed the TSC value to 1. The Car started giving me a ESC error. Freaked out and reverted it.
That should not happen, Did you change any other setting before changing the TSC setting? I never got the ESC error, Check these videos to see how TSC is helpful.

steer - 0 Is stock setting, 1 is strong.
Old 25th May 2016, 14:35   #2585
BHPian

I didn't set anything else.
I'll try doing it again when i man up enough to try it, and post screenshots / logs here.
Old 25th May 2016, 15:16   #2586
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I didn't set anything else.
I'll try doing it again when i man up enough to try it, and post screenshots / logs here.
Cool, Just do one setting at a time, Unplug the cable, Test the setting and then jump onto the next ones, Some cracked cables can be notorious and might change some settings on their own as well.

I found the TSC very useful.
Old 25th May 2016, 16:58   #2587
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
This wont work. When you read the complete thread in that link its clear the mod works for left handed drivers and not the RHD's
Anyone tried this ? I haven't tried this method.

Here's the steps to adapt:

First - Download and install the latest and greatest VCDS version (mine is 15.7 which I updated to today).
Next - Plug your VCDS in your laptop, and in your Car's OBD II port. Turn the car to Ignigition on (no need to start the engine)
Now do the following : Goto module 46
Function 07 (Coding)
Long coding Helper
Go to Byte 6
Make sure Bit 7 has a check mark in the box (Power Windows/Sunroof disabled after door opening)
- Don't ask me WHY you need this
Hit the "do it!
" To save the changes
NOW - Go to Module 42
Click Security Access
Hover over the security box, it will give you the access code - but it's 04354 in case you need it.
Then click "Adaptation"
Find the "System_Parameter_0-System_Paramater_blah_blah_blah_Byte 8" parameter
Open it up.... should have a stored value of 90. Change it to 95 or 99 (I did mine for 95).
Save everything and you're done.
Make sure your mirrors are already open, and then leave your mirror setting on R, L, or Off (I leave mine on R so the reverse dipping will work appropriately).
Get out of your car, take your key fob and press and hold the lock button...... like magic.... the Mirrors should fold.
Get back in the car, and turn the car on.... Voila, mirrors automatically re-open.
Old 25th May 2016, 17:30   #2588
Senior - BHPian

Tanveer,

Since you disabled bit 7 can you open and close the windows after getting out. To me the closing of windows after locking is far more critical than the side mirrors. Also if this bit is disabled will rain sensing window closure work or not work.

For testing rain sensing window, simply pour water on the windshield right near those dots on the top .
Old 25th May 2016, 17:36   #2589
BHPian

Tried it. Module 46 didn't respond for me, but the Power Windows/Sunroof disabled after door opening option was present in BCM itself.
Old 25th May 2016, 17:59   #2590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tanveer,

Since you disabled bit 7 can you open and close the windows after getting out. To me the closing of windows after locking is far more critical than the side mirrors. Also if this bit is disabled will rain sensing window closure work or not work.

For testing rain sensing window, simply pour water on the windshield right near those dots on the top .

I haven't tried it yet, Will probably do it tomorrow, If this works i might as well keep the settings for auto folding mirrors, Since i dont think that should interfere in the rain closing feature which is soo bloody nice and i love it!

I have tried the rain closing feature several times and it works like a charm, Why doesn't VW activate such features and add it to their feature list of the car, Its such a small tricky thing to have which is very useful.
Old 25th May 2016, 18:05   #2591
Senior - BHPian

Vw Needs to also sell Audis. Thats the only sane reason why they hide information about these features and wont enable it even in factories.

In fact i dont see any need to buy an Audi over the Jetta, specially A4
Old 25th May 2016, 18:46   #2592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Vw Needs to also sell Audis. Thats the only sane reason why they hide information about these features and wont enable it even in factories.

In fact i dont see any need to buy an Audi over the Jetta, specially A4

Yeah, Every manufacturer are scared of cannibalisation, I too could have got the Audi A4 but i felt a VW passat was more VFM for the same price with more equipment, But since passat was discontinued i had to settle with jetta, Could not pay another 10 odd lakhs for the rings.
Old 26th May 2016, 18:16   #2593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tried it. Module 46 didn't respond for me, but the Power Windows/Sunroof disabled after door opening option was present in BCM itself.
I did everything step by step but it still din't work for me, So i have finally decided to not try it anymore since its mentioned in that thread as well and people with RHD car's are not able to get it working, Sad.
Old 27th May 2016, 11:38   #2594
Senior - BHPian

Here is a quick update on the DS811, issues and working with the Chinese help desk.

Pros
- Terrific value for money
- Plug and Play
- Bring in much needed, consolidated and missing features like BT, DVD, Media player, SD card reader and most importantly a fantastic GPS system
- Music controlled via steering wheel,
- Lots of indicators on screen using COM modules. THis includes lights, door, AC, temperature, fuel remaining in litres, engine temperature, etc.
- TPMS module works and is consolidated.
- Reverse camera works like a charm.
- Can added two additional cameras if required. Camera on the way
- USB works with FAT 32 formatting. All movies including MKV plays well. Great if you have a kid in the car.
- Fits perfectly and installation takes 15 minutes max.
- Radio works very well and plays all local station
- Sound quality is good.

Cons

- The unit i received had broken GPS module and mirror link till now does not work
- Communication via skype means expect long delays that can lead to frustration
- They sent me replacement mother board for the GPS which requires fine soldering that only tv mechanics or core chip related repair guy can fix
- Its been over a month and i am still trying to work with them to fix all the functionality.
- GPS when works is fantastic. No data requirement and the streets are updated to current data and it used IGO8 maps which are pretty user friendly
- Shows street data, locations and even important buildings and point of interests.
- GPS signal is pretty good even with the antenna under the dashboard.
- Problem is GPS came faulty and they asked me to pay for a replacement which i promptly refused and submitted a paypal claim simply to let them know its not going to happen as they want it.
- The technical team does help you and that way the support is fantastic. language and time zone could be the only issue.
- They also work on saturday.

Net - Net - If you get a completely working unit, the unit is stunning and the best replacement you can have for VW jetta. It smokes RCD or RNS 510 by sheer functionality and clarity. The touch screen feels like working on a phone than on 1950 LCD

Has enough options to play with.

Last but not the least

- Module was developed for LHD. So the right camera comes on when putting right indicator. THough you can have the camera on the left hand side mirror, enabling the left indicator wont switch on the camera. I have asked if they can fix this via a firm ware for our country

- Needs lot of patience to do trial and error to get the unit to 100 % working and patience, patience and patience is the key

Would i recommend this unit - Absolutely yes. Its worth the risk to invest on and since its plug and play it has no issues with respect to coding related issues. In fact you dont need any coding for this unit to work.
VW2010 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th May 2016, 13:00   #2595
Senior - BHPian

Awesome report there, Can you please post some pictures and if possible some videos of the same? I am really tempted to get it as well now, You wouldn't have faced issues if the GPS module wasn't broken right?

Looking forward for some pictures atleast of the various information it shows.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks