Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2016, 17:43   #2461
Team-BHP Support

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Technically speaking this shouldnt be a difficult thing to achieve. May be some extra wire re-routing.

Can we extra wire an option to mimic this function when you hit the lock button.
This is very much possible. There are products available with relay that goes in parallel to the mirror close button, and when the door is locked, automatically actuate the close the mirror. I had located one such product in AliExpress about a year back. But as that required splicing of wires, I postponed the implementation till at least half way through the extended warranty.
Old 12th April 2016, 18:50   #2462
Senior - BHPian

@Graaja

Can you send me the link. Mine is all out of warranty. So i can try doing these changes with no fear of having warranty to cover any issues and there by being at the mercy of those jokers.

I am installing the DS811 or atleast attempting tomorrow. I will definitely check how the mirror down works to see if we can do something from the door lock point to the mirror actuator and doing a wire slice
Old 12th April 2016, 20:38   #2463
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
@Graaja

Can you send me the link. Mine is all out of warranty. So i can try doing these changes with no fear of having warranty to cover any issues and there by being at the mercy of those jokers.

I am installing the DS811 or atleast attempting tomorrow. I will definitely check how the mirror down works to see if we can do something from the door lock point to the mirror actuator and doing a wire slice
Hi VW2010,

I just remembered the product I mentioned is not from AliExpress, but from a Korean company who had posted a video in Youtube. Below is the email response I received from the vendor for my questions. I am also attaching the files he had sent me.

This was back in January 2015. Send him a mail and check the latest price and availability.

Quote:
1. Do you manufacture and sell this harness? Where can I buy this?
Yes, we are manufacture. we accept paypal only now. we don't have online shop. we have offline shop in Korea only.

2. Does this come with a relay module?
Yes. it contains harness and modules.

3. Does the installation involve cutting any cables that would void the warranty?
Yes you have to cutting wires. I attached instll instructions. I don't know about warranty on your country. There is no problem with warranty in Korea. but I think. It does not matter for warranty, because no coding, no update any software(ECU).

4. Once the hardware is installed, how to enable the auto folding control through the key fob?
Does this require VCDS software and cable?. You don't need any software coding. You need just one time delete fault code after install.

This is compatible to VW cars except North America version VW car.
There is no power motor for working this module inside car on North America version car.
Which country you live ?

I attached photo.(this attached photo from 2014 Tiguan 2.0TDI, and 2012 Golf 2.0TDI) If you have this kind of dial inside your car ( on the door ),
You can install our module. or if you confused of this dial, send me photo of your dial. I can confirm your dial.

I mean if you have function as manual side mirror folding, you can install this module.
then it can folding by remote key as Youtube video.

We accept paypal only. It costs $170 including express shipping. ( EMS )
If you need this, let me know your paypal address. I can send invoice to you.
If you have more questions, let me know.
Thank you.
Jeffrey

Jeffrey Lee
JMTec #1341 ho Samsung Lacville 751 JangHang Dong Koyang city Kyung-ggi KOREA
Tel) +82- 70 7135 7827
Fax)+82 2 6280 7828
Mobile) +82 10 6479 7829
Email) jmtecc@gmail.com
And here are the YouTube videos that show the installation and how the autofolding works. The mirrors close when the car is locked and open when unlocked.

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-auto-side-mirror-option.jpg

Side Mirror Automatic Lock Folding Install instruction.zip
graaja is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 14th April 2016, 07:28   #2464
BHPian

Guys, the air intake for the AC has two modes. One I guess is automatic. But I'm unsure which is automatic and which is manual. Even the car manual is pretty confusing. Any ideas?
Old 14th April 2016, 08:25   #2465
Senior - BHPian

Can you post a picture for your question. Air intake like any car is either internal circulation or from outside. There is one button that is used to set this in both ACC model and the newer versions which are knob based i guess.

There are six rectangle buttons. One of them has the sign of a car with an arrow showing air intake direction. This toggles between interior or external.
Old 14th April 2016, 10:03   #2466
BHPian

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

We went for a drive to a temple about 65 km away. The car being only 2 days and 150 kms old; I drove it with a very light foot.

I was amazed by the cruising ability of this car. Was doing about 80-110 kmph most of the time with average speeds of about 65-67 kmph.

What was totally unexpected was the fuel efficiency for this 130 km trip, which was an amazing 23 kmpl. I thought I was mistaken and rechecked the mid. I am floored.

I am yet to get used to this car and will soon post an ownership.

I just could not figure out how to use the cruise control in this version. If anybody using the 2015 Jetta, kindly throw some light.

Last edited by differential : 14th April 2016 at 10:10.
differential is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2016, 10:15   #2467
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by differential View Post
We went for a drive to a temple about 65 km away. The car being only 2 days and 150 kms old; I drove it with a very light foot.

I was amazed by the cruising ability of this car. Was doing about 80-110 kmph most of the time with average speeds of about 65-67 kmph.

What was totally unexpected was the fuel efficiency for this 130 km trip, which was an amazing 23 kmpl. I thought I was mistaken and rechecked the mid. I am floored.

I am yet to get used to this car and will soon post an ownership.
Great to see that you are enjoying the Jetta. Looking forward to your ownership experience.

Regarding fuel efficiency, same experience here. Usually during the first couple of hours of a long trip (say upto 120km or so), I am very light footed and very conscious about fuel consumption, use cruise control at 90kph etc, and the avg. fuel consumption shows anywhere from 22kpl to 25kpl. But then boredom sets in and I switch to either sports mode or manual mode. That is when the fuel efficiency starts dropping and at the end of a 250km trip, the fuel efficiency drops to maybe 18 or 19

I think this car has a multiple personality disorder. Driven lightly, it can easily cruise at 100kph, engine purring, without breaking sweat returning awesome fuel efficiency. On the other hand, if driven aggressively, could burn the roads and return loads of fun.
Old 14th April 2016, 11:02   #2468
BHPian

@graaja
Very true.
Btw I have decided to run with the nct 5. Dropped plans to change to 3st. No complaints so far and tyre is pretty quite, contrary to what I have heard.

Am running 36 psi all around. What pressures are you running?

The company floor mats are not up to the mark, and them being beige don't help matters either. Planning on the 3m nomad mats in the dark brown colour and paint sea lent.
Old 14th April 2016, 12:06   #2469
BHPian

Quote:
Can you post a picture for your question. Air intake like any car is either internal circulation or from outside. There is one button that is used to set this in both ACC model and the newer versions which are knob based i guess.

There are six rectangle buttons. One of them has the sign of a car with an arrow showing air intake direction. This toggles between interior or external.
I don't think this is how it is. The button for air intake has an 'A' written on it, so I assume that it's automatic?
Also in the manual I read that "Air intake is automatically done. In normal cases it's from the outside, but if it detects any noxious pollutants in the outside air, it will revert to recirculation mode. Please note that foul odour cannot be detected".
- I'll put up the exact words from the manual tonight.

Also, Please check pictures below. It has two lights under the air intake button. If one is for interior, and one is for exterior, what is it when it's completely off?
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-xmx4thl.jpg
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-tqoemlv.jpg

Also, I don't think I will ever get an ownership thread up anytime soon.
So here are my thoughts after having driven close to 500 km.

2. Engine does not lack in power.
3. Suspension is top notch. I have nothing to complain about after coming from an i20.
4. Tech, tech everywhere.
5. Rear bench comfort.
6. MIB 2 system.
7. 8 speakers, very good ones at that.
8. Does not compromise on safety features.
9. Excellently styled, timeless design.
10. Plastics quality is excellent.
11. Front seats have enough lumbar support, and under thigh support.
12. Back seats have excellent comfort. It's not a "bench" here.
12. Lots of storage spaces, and the boot is wide and large.
13. HU provides controls even for the bluetooth streamed media. If you switch off the car when the BT audio is playing, next time when you start the car again, it starts playing from the phone automatically.
14. MFD provides average fuel consumption, and instantaneous fuel consumption.
15. Horn is loud enough. The trumpet horn has it's respect on the road.
16. Cornering lights work as advertised.

Compromises
1. Does take some maintaining with all the beige around.
2. No navigation unit.
3. Child lock button on the driver door could have been used for the doors as well.
4. The rear looks a bit dull though, with nothing going on
5. NCT5 tyres have a lot of noise.
6. Leatherette upholstery gets hot in current Bangalore weather conditions
7. In all practicality only a child can sit in the middle seat due to the huge transmission hump and the rear AC vents jutting out.
8. HU is a touch screen unit, and changes cannot be done by 'feel'.
9. IRVM visibility is hampered by the tall parcel tray.
10. The Rear AC vents don't have a large outflow of air even with the maximum setting though.
11. App Connect is not enabled in India
12. Gear shift feels a bit notchy. Hopefully a period of running in will do some good.
13. Sunglass holder could have been felt lined.
14. Bluetooth volume is on the lower side.
15. Find that the light sensor is over sensitive. Even at the lowest setting, the lights go on at around 6 PM, when there's still a lot of sunlight left.

Last edited by bharat4ever : 14th April 2016 at 12:11. Reason: Added more thoughts
bharat4ever is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th April 2016, 12:20   #2470
BHPian

Hmm... and all this while I was under the impression that this automatic re-circulation mode (when noxious pollutants are in the air) does not work in my car! I did not even know that there are two indicator lights - one under the A.

So, how does one switch on that automatic mode - or, how does one get the light under the A to turn on? I couldn't find that info in the manual.

And re. the fantastic mileage the two of you seem to be getting - I have never been able to cross 14 kmpl in my 2015 DSG TDI - and that is when I am driving downhill (say Bangalore to Chennai) at around 120. Plus, my MID is extremely optimistic. The tank-to-tank method is what I use for my calculations and though that says anything between 11 and 14 (depending on how and where I drive), the MID always shows me getting around 18 or 19 or 20.

Thanks and cheers
Old 14th April 2016, 12:38   #2471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
Hmm... and all this while I was under the impression that this automatic re-circulation mode (when noxious pollutants are in the air) does not work in my car! I did not even know that there are two indicator lights - one under the A.

So, how does one switch on that automatic mode - or, how does one get the light under the A to turn on? I couldn't find that info in the manual.

And re. the fantastic mileage the two of you seem to be getting - I have never been able to cross 14 kmpl in my 2015 DSG TDI - and that is when I am driving downhill (say Bangalore to Chennai) at around 120. Plus, my MID is extremely optimistic. The tank-to-tank method is what I use for my calculations and though that says anything between 11 and 14 (depending on how and where I drive), the MID always shows me getting around 18 or 19 or 20.

Thanks and cheers
So you press the button once it switches on the light to the left.
If you press the button twice in quick succession it switches on the light on the right. (If you're slow, it turns it off).
bharat4ever is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2016, 13:28   #2472
BHPian

Two bad experiences from VW Whitefield in a row !

1) I had given the car for third service. There were not many issues to be taken care except for couple of rattles, air coming inside through the front driver window at 90kmph+ speeds.
Took back the car on 7th Apr. Had to wait from 9am to 12.30pm to get the car despite they calling me up on 6th saying that the car was ready. Anyway, post delivery I found that that not only were the issues not addressed, only the back speakers were working!

2) Gave back for rework on 11th evening. Got back the car today.
Speaker issue as per them is due to the Dynavin system which I had installed. Why this issue occurred after the service is beyond me. Anyway, I said ok and asked them to give back the car. During delivery I noticed that there were 2 scratch marks with slight dent on the right side! The service advisor Mr. Bharath was not sure whether it was caused by me or service center. Anyway, since I had done some body repair in the same panel a week back, they have accepted the mistake and gave me in writing that the car was delivered with scratch marks. Now I have to take the car back on monday to get this repaired. I seriously hope they wont go back on their word - now that I have taken delivery of the car.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-img_20160414_121101.jpg  

Old 14th April 2016, 13:53   #2473
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by differential View Post
@graaja
Very true.
Btw I have decided to run with the nct 5. Dropped plans to change to 3st. No complaints so far and tyre is pretty quite, contrary to what I have heard.

Am running 36 psi all around. What pressures are you running?

The company floor mats are not up to the mark, and them being beige don't help matters either. Planning on the 3m nomad mats in the dark brown colour and paint sea lent.
I have heard two issues with NCT5's, one is the road noise and the other is reduced grip due to hard rubber compound which will be a problem if you push the car to its limits around the corners, hard late braking etc.

However, if you drive sedately, and not much worried about road noise, I think NCT5's are decent tires.

I usually run all the wheels at 32psi. When fully loaded, I use 32psi on the front and 34psi on the rear wheels. The ride may be harsh at 36psi. Try 32 or 33.
Old 15th April 2016, 07:43   #2474
BHPian

As per Volkswagen dealer in whites road, chennai, the next version of Jetta is expected to be launched along with Ameo around July. Some structural changes are expected and he does not have any clue to what the changes are.
Old 15th April 2016, 10:17   #2475
BHPian

AC Air Intake, for safer side, I have always kept in "inside" option - and I hope that's what Jetta is doing. Obviously, i haven't felt dust or foul smell so far in Bangalore.

After many attempts, I succeeded in paring my iPhone, which is wierd. Tried another iPhone, and had to try 3/4 times for the HU to even find the phone.

I also struggled to engage Cruise Controls in my last drive, in-spite of trying what I remembered from Manual. Could anyone suggest the sequence please ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks