Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2016, 15:09   #2491
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsbhp View Post
That's weird. For me, when iPhone was connected, it showed up.

Yes, for me the Prev/Next buttons on right-side-column skips thru the stored channels.
Interesting that there are feature variations when the firmware is the same.
Will have to get it checked out with the service guys.
Did you ever talk to your service advisers about app-connect and when it'll be unlocked for us?
Old 19th April 2016, 15:17   #2492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
can experts point out pros and cons for shifting from 205/55 R16 to 205/60 R16?
Nothing that will be noticeable in real life. In terms of science, see below
https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc...0r16-205-55r16

This change has very minimal impact. And based on cost its not a bad suggestion by the dealer.

I am at a point to change all the wheels. They are bent to a point its better to change. The more dealers i talk to the more they suggest to not replace it with OEM which has more problems and they are simply over priced.

Any suggestions for wheels?
Old 19th April 2016, 22:12   #2493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
Interesting that there are feature variations when the firmware is the same.
If you prefer to say so! I would rater call it a 'buggy' version
Old 20th April 2016, 23:37   #2494
BHPian

Back from the first service of my Jetta today, would like to narrate my experience:

1) Behaviour of service advisors - ordinary. When you buy a premium car it would feel good to be treated like a premium customer, they just do not give you that feeling. They did provide a drop-off home after I left my car, so not all bad.

2) Had to wait for 2 hours after the delivery time they had mentioned on the job card, I work from home in a flexible team, others would have issues with this.

3) The cleaning job done was really really ordinary, with the workers using dirty looking clothes at times, I clean the car a lot better than this myself. I had to point our dirt smudges at least 5 times, disappointing! The interior vacuuming also left a lot to be desired, some dried leaves which were there from my last trip to a hill, were still right where they were before the process. They have got to get their act together on this!

4) I had requested some touch ups from the SA, as some drivers belonging to the bad drivers thread, had scratched the paint both on the front and rear bumper. At the time of delivery this was not done, and it was too late to get it done, grr, will need to go back some other time.

5) I clearly asked the SA to not do any of the the following items:

a. Tyre Rotation/Balancing/Alignment.
b. Synthetic Lubrication
c. Interior Drycleaning
d. Surface Refinement
e. Silicon Spray
f. AC disinfectant
g. AntiGlare Treatment
h. Engine decarbonisation
i. Throttle cleaning
j. A/c inspection

Got this list from previous posts on team bhp (), the final bill with everything came to 10.5K. Is this a decent number for a first service?

6) Now to a query which I have. On a recent trip to Ganpatipule, my elder daughter could not handle the twisties from kolhapur to pali, and puked a couple of times on the mat on the left rear floor. Since then she has been hesitating to travel in the Jetta, and always complains of feeling sick, from the smell. So I want a proper interior cleaning done with carpet wash as well, I spoke to 3M and they have 2 treatments, germ clean (3.5k) and germ clean + (4.5k). I also spoke to the VW SA and he told me they do 2 interior cleaning 3M treatments, one is normal shampoo, dash, interiors and carpet shampoo washed (1600 Rs), and something called as 3M germ clean, where they use disinfectant solution for cleaning the interiors (2000 Rs).

Now I am in a quandary as to which one to go for, has any one got interior cleaning done from VW, can you please tell me how was the experience? Do they really do a good job of this? Any suggestions?

Regards
Old 21st April 2016, 00:07   #2495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryputtar View Post
6) Now to a query which I have. On a recent trip to Ganpatipule, my elder daughter could not handle the twisties from kolhapur to pali, and puked a couple of times on the mat on the left rear floor. Since then she has been hesitating to travel in the Jetta, and always complains of feeling sick, from the smell. So I want a proper interior cleaning done with carpet wash as well, I spoke to 3M and they have 2 treatments, germ clean (3.5k) and germ clean + (4.5k). I also spoke to the VW SA and he told me they do 2 interior cleaning 3M treatments, one is normal shampoo, dash, interiors and carpet shampoo washed (1600 Rs), and something called as 3M germ clean, where they use disinfectant solution for cleaning the interiors (2000 Rs).

Now I am in a quandary as to which one to go for, has any one got interior cleaning done from VW, can you please tell me how was the experience? Do they really do a good job of this? Any suggestions?

Regards
I would stick to the 3M dealership or any other reputed detailer for any internal cleaning service.
ethanhunt123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2016, 06:30   #2496
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Regards
I am in the same boat. Once during a spirited drive in the twisties of Kothagiri, my younger daughter threw up twice on the back seat. Since then my wife has been complaining that there is that lingering odour and she feels giddy inside the Jetta. As there is a very long trip coming up tomorrow, I am planning to take the car to the local 3M dealer today to get interior cleaning done. I too was quoted 3.5K for the germ clean, but 5.5k for the germ clean+. I have decided to take the car anyway to the 3M showroom, and negotiate the price on the spot.

As ethanhunt123 said, I too would suggest a 3M or other professional detailer for this job.
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2016, 17:17   #2497
BHPian

An update on the cranky cruise control. I took it to the VW A. S. S and they wanted to do a VCDS scan and reset something as the CC was not working.
So have fixed an appointment on Saturday as I was in a hurry the other day.
Since this morning the CC has been working flawlessly. Am confused with the cranky nature of these electronics.
Acceptable for a M&M or a Tata, but disappointed with VW. are these issues common to these cars.

I also have a small rattle from the left side of the car. Was not expecting these issues from a week old Jetta.
My 4 yr old 320d on the other hand, performs flawlessly till today. Not a single rattle or problem with the car so far, Touchwood!
Old 21st April 2016, 17:20   #2498
BHPian

Quote:
Back from the first service of my Jetta today, would like to narrate my experience:

3) The cleaning job done was really really ordinary, with the workers using dirty looking clothes at times, I clean the car a lot better than this myself. I had to point our dirt smudges at least 5 times, disappointing!

Got this list from previous posts on team bhp (), the final bill with everything came to 10.5K. Is this a decent number for a first service?

Regards
I too had similar experiences since past 3 services at VW, automark in ahmedabad. I have reported not satisfied every single time regarding cleaning the car and to my surprise they didnt call me at all after 3rd service.

Later i learned that they have outsourced the cleaning and polishing to local cleaning guys, using 3M products. I even got hold of 3M product distributor guy, who sends cleaning boys to VW, hyundai and all other service centers. And trust me, those boys have no energy to clean 15 cars a day to everyone`s satisfaction. So i would not recommend doing any kind of exterior or interior cleaning from VW. however, i find the prices very attractive for germ clean. Go for germ clean at 3M.
Mission_PGPX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2016, 20:25   #2499
BHPian

Quote:

Regards
I have done both GermKleen and GermKleen+ for my Verna. The difference between them is that, in GermKleen+, they clean the AC ducts. They apply a spray to the ducts, leave it for a while and then run AC for some time.

I recommend you go for 3M's GermKleen or +, at a 3M shop instead of VW service. I am not sure what all areas are cleaned by VW service. But, the 3M shop will apply their Antibacterial foam based spray to clean seats, floor carpet, floor mats, interior roof, boot, all plastics, seat belts. Basically, the foam will be applied to every sq.cm of the interiors. They remove the foam using a wet vacuum cleaner. This will ensure any vomit smell is removed.

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with 3M, just a happy consumer of their products.

Last edited by Voyager-1 : 21st April 2016 at 20:28.
Voyager-1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 13:55   #2500
BHPian

Quote:
...Now I am in a quandary as to which one to go for, has any one got interior cleaning done from VW, can you please tell me how was the experience? Do they really do a good job of this? Any suggestions?
My experience is, most of reasonably good/professional cleaners out there use the same 3M products, so unless the guys are so bad with their hands/ equipment, don't see much of difference in results. I have got better deals from others comparatively. But yes, sometimes you prefer the brand tag.
Old 22nd April 2016, 15:45   #2501
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Both are fairly ok. I am a DIY person and i hardly let anyone do interiors. I just get enough disinfectant, sometimes Iso Propyl alcohol, mits and towels and clean it myself. I have cleaned by cloth based Accord more than enough times but i do it the same day my kid decided to throw up.

I ensure the car smells good after few hours and usually let the windows open a bit to ensure the smell goes out.

If you have leather seats you may not even need special interior cleaning. To me its slightly an unnecessary expense but thats me.
Old 22nd April 2016, 19:50   #2502
BHPian

To those considering the 3M interior wash service: here's my experience at one of them last October.

Their labour charges are expensive - probably costed more than the raw material (the foam spray) they claimed to use. After a few months, I purchased a Mother's leather cleaning agent and cleaned the interiors myself and I think I managed to remove all kinds of stains and marks which 3M service wasn't able to.

I'd recommend buying the raw materials and performing a DIY. You won't regret the waste of money in the labour charges (nearly 2k IIRC) and you'd still have the entire cans for multiple future cleanings.

Last edited by nareshov : 22nd April 2016 at 19:55.
Old 25th April 2016, 15:23   #2503
BHPian

Guys, is there a lever within the cabin to fold the rear seats, or do we have to rely on the levers present at the boot? I couldn't find any such levers, and even the manual states that we use the boot levers.

Last edited by bharat4ever : 25th April 2016 at 15:24. Reason: Spelling mistake
Old 25th April 2016, 16:11   #2504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, is there a lever within the cabin to fold the rear seats,
Nope. I think they removed it from MK 6. This video explains and at the start he also talks about the old model.

This is the older model. Not a related video but shows the lever. This video also shows why it was probably moved to the rear to make repair much easier.

Last edited by VW2010 : 25th April 2016 at 16:14.
Old 26th April 2016, 14:09   #2505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
Guys, is there a lever within the cabin to fold the rear seats, or do we have to rely on the levers present at the boot? I couldn't find any such levers, and even the manual states that we use the boot levers.
There's a small-slot on the upper part of rear-seat-back-rest (behind/below the head-rest) where you can use the Ignition-Key and unlock the seat-fold from inside the cabin. Well, two dealers explained this to me, but I never tried it myself.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks