Old 26th April 2016, 20:48   #2506
Team-BHP Support

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Eagerly awaiting your feedback on this.
Mud flaps fixed. Got them from the below AliExpress link. Cost INR 1,050/-

Jetta Mudflaps

They are a perfect fit with the holes matching the ones on the Jetta wheel well. They are a little soft as well and if hit by speed breakers, will flex without breaking.

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-mudflap-rear.jpg

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-mudflap-front.jpg
graaja is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 11:01   #2507
BHPian

graaja, where did you get them installed?

Also, there's a candy white MK6 pre-facelift Jetta in HSR layout, Bangalore. Is it anyone on here?
Old 27th April 2016, 11:31   #2508
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
graaja, where did you get them installed?

Also, there's a candy white MK6 pre-facelift Jetta in HSR layout, Bangalore. Is it anyone on here?
Hi bharat4ever,

The 3M guys installed the mudflaps when I had left the car for exterior and interior treatment. I have described this experience in the below post in my ownership thread.

Mudflaps Installed

If you have a wrench set with torx bit, this can be a 10 minute DIY. As I did not have torx bits in my wrench, had to get it done outside.
graaja is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 11:43   #2509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Hi bharat4ever,

The 3M guys installed the mudflaps when I had left the car for exterior and interior treatment. I have described this experience in the below post in my ownership thread.

Mudflaps Installed

If you have a wrench set with torx bit, this can be a 10 minute DIY. As I did not have torx bits in my wrench, had to get it done outside.
I'm looking for a place to install aluminium pedals. Would the 3M guys do this as well?
Anyone in Bangalore near HSR can advice?
Old 27th April 2016, 12:06   #2510
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I'm looking for a place to install aluminium pedals. Would the 3M guys do this as well?
Anyone in Bangalore near HSR can advice?
Not sure if 3M guys would do the installation because they may not have the tools. In my case, the 3M guys happened to have the wrench set and did this as a courtesy.

I would suggest find a good garage and get it done.

On a side note, isn't installing the aluminium pedals a simple DIY job?
Old 27th April 2016, 12:08   #2511
BHPian

Quote:
Not sure if 3M guys would do the installation because they may not have the tools. In my case, the 3M guys happened to have the wrench set and did this as a courtesy.

I would suggest find a good garage and get it done.

On a side note, isn't installing the aluminium pedals a simple DIY job?
Not for me. I checked out a few videos on youtube, and for the accelerator pedal, they take out the entire unit... I'm a bit scared to do it.
Software on the other hand, I can manage.
bharat4ever is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 19:43   #2512
Senior - BHPian

My first 6 month check-up is due in a week. Any advice ? This is going to be a simple inspection service right with liquid topups ? I can only see one small issue with my car - the co-passenger side window makes a slight screeching sound when being wound up.
Old 28th April 2016, 00:50   #2513
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
My first 6 month check-up is due in a week. Any advice ? This is going to be a simple inspection service right with liquid topups ? I can only see one small issue with my car - the co-passenger side window makes a slight screeching sound when being wound up.

Indeed. It shouldn't cost you a paisa. They'll just lubricate that window and the screechy sound should vanish too. Don't let them sell you anything unnecessary by way of services
iliketurtles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2016, 08:40   #2514
BHPian

Quote:
Not for me. I checked out a few videos on Youtube, and for the accelerator pedal, they take out the entire unit... I'm a bit scared to do it.
Software on the other hand, I can manage.
Hi Bharat, I think that was just for demo purpose they used a brand-new accelerator pedal assembly. There're some comments also below where someone tried fixing it without removing the assembly. Not sure how eas its going to be to fix that steel-plate over the pedal. A screw-on type would have been much easier, like in some other car-brands.

Btw, where did you get the steel-pedals ? Am also looking for a good one.
Old 28th April 2016, 09:31   #2515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsbhp View Post
Hi Bharat, I think that was just for demo purpose they used a brand-new accelerator pedal assembly. There're some comments also below where someone tried fixing it without removing the assembly. Not sure how eas its going to be to fix that steel-plate over the pedal. A screw-on type would have been much easier, like in some other car-brands.

Btw, where did you get the steel-pedals ? Am also looking for a good one.
Ok, I will attempt it today or tomorrow <gulp>.
I got this from aliexpress on the recommendation of people here.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/RHD-O...274869174.html

Also, what tire pressure do you guys maintain? I tried 32 psi, somehow felt sluggish, 34, again felt sluggish, now at 36, and it feels bouncy.
The Jetta's fuel tank lid recommends 36 for 1-2 persons, and 44 for full load.
I also fear that at 32-33 the fuel efficiency will take a hit. No?
Old 28th April 2016, 09:42   #2516
Senior - BHPian

@bharat4ever,

The air pressure changes between 3-5 PSI from early morning to actually on the road. So if you are talking about early morning PSI i would recommend around 33-34. This will reach all the way up to 38PSI.

How do i know, i have this TPMS that i picked up few weeks back and its such a wonderful feature to look at your tyre pressure.

In fact its so easy that i usually just screw the TPMS BT module into the air valve to take measurement and remove it. Its a 2 second job and a peace of mind that you dont have to worry about someone stealing it.

I am sticking to 33 or 34 early in the morning tyre air pressure.
VW2010 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2016, 12:29   #2517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
@bharat4ever,

The air pressure changes between 3-5 PSI from early morning to actually on the road. So if you are talking about early morning PSI i would recommend around 33-34. This will reach all the way up to 38PSI.

How do i know, i have this TPMS that i picked up few weeks back and its such a wonderful feature to look at your tyre pressure.

In fact its so easy that i usually just screw the TPMS BT module into the air valve to take measurement and remove it. Its a 2 second job and a peace of mind that you dont have to worry about someone stealing it.

I am sticking to 33 or 34 early in the morning tyre air pressure.
Alright, I'll change the pressure to 33 and ride around a bit to see how the car feels. Can you please link me to the TPMS module? Aliexpress?

Also, has anyone with a Halogen headlamp unit changed their halogen DRLs to LEDs? Will this work? Can I please see a photo to see how intense the beam is?
Old 28th April 2016, 16:54   #2518
BHPian

Quote:
*SNIP*
Also, what tire pressure do you guys maintain? I tried 32 psi, somehow felt sluggish, 34, again felt sluggish, now at 36, and it feels bouncy.
Huh? My 2015 Jetta TDI Highline DSG has 35 and 39 in the fuel tank lid as the recommended pressures. Yours says 36 and 44?????

This is weird.

Or does it depend on the trim level (and therefore probably the weight?) of the car? Apologies if that was a stupid question.

Cheers
Old 28th April 2016, 17:36   #2519
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
Huh? My 2015 Jetta TDI Highline DSG has 35 and 39 in the fuel tank lid as the recommended pressures. Yours says 36 and 44?????
This is weird.
Or does it depend on the trim level (and therefore probably the weight?) of the car?
Here is the tire pressure recommendation on my 2014 Jetta HL DSG.
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-jetta-pressure.jpg

For 2 passengers in the front, the recommendation is 33 for all the tires. For 5 passengers and fully loaded boot, 36 for the front tires, and 44 for the rear tires.

However, I have never went this high. Usually I run 32 on all tires. For highway runs with my wife and 2 kids and luggage, I use 32 for front and 34 for the rear. With this I am very satisfied with the ride comfort, grip, cornering etc. Any higher, the ride gets bouncy.
Old 28th April 2016, 18:28   #2520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post

This is weird.

Or does it depend on the trim level (and therefore probably the weight?) of the car? Apologies if that was a stupid question.

Cheers
Quote:
Here is the tire pressure recommendation on my 2014 Jetta HL DSG.

For 2 passengers in the front, the recommendation is 33 for all the tires. For 5 passengers and fully loaded boot, 36 for the front tires, and 44 for the rear tires.

However, I have never went this high. Usually I run 32 on all tires. For highway runs with my wife and 2 kids and luggage, I use 32 for front and 34 for the rear. With this I am very satisfied with the ride comfort, grip, cornering etc. Any higher, the ride gets bouncy.

And here's mine. A minimum of 36 all around, and 41 and 44 for the heavy loads.
When the tires and engine is the same, any guesses as to why the variation?
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-2avx5gm.jpg
bharat4ever is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks