Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2016, 18:19   #2566
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
But sure its difficult to cruise, Have to downshift every time i see an open stretch.
Over time you will get used to being on the power band when this car gives max drive pleasure. And dont go by the display consumption. Its off by several kms sometimes. Best way to measure is tank to tank total fuel and KMS covered.

Here are few pointers based on recent experience.

1) ABS and TPS Signal on and TPS is basically disabled
The issue was on the left front and I was worried if there was a bigger issue. It kept reappearing every time after clearing and the message was more like intermittent signal. The final way of cleaning and clearing the message was, remove the wheels, use a vacuum cleaner and basically blow the dust away from sensor and components. No error after that for close to 5 days now.

2) Check engine light and AC switches off
This can be alarming. First few things to check is the throttle pedal and the wires attached. One of the reasons you may get this error is due to throttle position sensor or bad signal about your throttle position. This could be because of the position sensor being kaput or dust in the wires which is highly possible considering your foot is on it all the time.

Gently remove the throttle pedal, clean the contacts on the pin and wire connector, if possible removing the casing and clean up the dust as well as use a vacuum to blow any remaining dust.

You dont need a software cable to clear the message. The moment the signal is restored the car removes the warning automatically.

3) Rattling noise while idling or in half clutch.

This is mostly due to the air intake on the front of the car. this is the extension to the air filter and usually the top cover comes loose. Just refit them or change them

4) Delayed AC - This could mean various issues including condenser problem. Start with Oxygen or ambient temp sensor. These two can play havoc when not sending right signal to the system and hence causing the AC to play out.

But mostly delayed AC cooling could also mean that the condenser is nearing its life time.

Hope this helps.
Old 22nd May 2016, 10:12   #2567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Yes. This is the cable. But will it work? With AliExpress VCDS cables, no one knows

Having said that I have a 15.7 version cable, and it works fine. I had a version 12.12 cable earlier which did not recognize many controllers in my 2014 Jetta. But 15.7 recognized them.

One issue I got is that the cable does not recognize the ABS/Brake controller in my Polo GT as these are new controllers still not in version 15.7 data base.

So, if you get this cable, there is a chance that some of the controllers in the Jetta are not recognized by the cable.
I got the cable, and installed VCDS 15.7. Anti virus is turned off, internet is disconnected, on Win 10. The software does not open at all. Stays a while on the Task Manager, but then goes off. Anyone else faced this?
Old 22nd May 2016, 11:59   #2568
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
I got the cable, and installed VCDS 15.7. Anti virus is turned off, internet is disconnected, on Win 10. The software does not open at all. Stays a while on the Task Manager, but then goes off. Anyone else faced this?

Have you installed the software as per the instructions? Also connect the cable to your car and laptop first then open the software.

If still doesn't work try reinstalling again or check on a windows 9 laptop.
Old 22nd May 2016, 13:28   #2569
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The problem could be with Windows 10. The version that came with the cable may not be compatible with Windows 10.

Try this on a machine with Windows 7 or 8.
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2016, 14:50   #2570
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
The problem could be with Windows 10. The version that came with the cable may not be compatible with Windows 10.

Try this on a machine with Windows 7 or 8.
Windows 8 is what i mean't too , I have used all my cables on windows 8, Always worked in a single try with no issues.
Old 22nd May 2016, 18:49   #2571
BHPian

Finally worked exactly once with a Windows 8 system. Another time I tried it didn't work.
I connected the cable to the car, switched on the ignition, and connected the cable to the pc, then opened the software.

With this one time, I enabled honk on locking, changed the Lane change indication to 4, and enabled emergency brake flash. Couldn't test this out though.
Also enabled refuel volume for whatever that's worth.
Also enabled automatic window closing on rain, but couldn't test it again.

Things that didn't work.
Staging gave an error.
Auto close Windows on door lock didn't seem to work.
Tear drop menu was not there.

Anything else worth doing?
I really want to enable parking light on the side that the indicator is switched on, couldn't seem to find any links on Google. Can some one please give me a straight answer for this?
Old 22nd May 2016, 21:18   #2572
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally worked exactly once with a Windows 8 system. Another time I tried it didn't work.
I connected the cable to the car, switched on the ignition, and connected the cable to the pc, then opened the software.

With this one time, I enabled honk on locking, changed the Lane change indication to 4, and enabled emergency brake flash. Couldn't test this out though.
Also enabled refuel volume for whatever that's worth.
Also enabled automatic window closing on rain, but couldn't test it again.

Anything else worth doing?
I really want to enable parking light on the side that the indicator is switched on, couldn't seem to find any links on Google. Can some one please give me a straight answer for this?
These are the things i have done in my jetta,

Needle sweep/Indicator celebration - Tested - Works.
Lane change blinkers to 5 - Tested - Works.
Activate fog lamps while engaging reverse gear - Tested - Works.
Refuel information on MID - Tested - Works.
Rain closing, Option to check/Uncheck on MID as well - Tested - Works.
TSC to strong - Tested - Works.
Bluetooth connection chime - Tested - Works
Honking confirmation, ATA confirm on MID - Tested - Works.
Emergency brake flashing - Not tested.

Quote:
Things that didn't work.
Staging gave an error.
Auto close Windows on door lock didn't seem to work.
Tear drop menu was not there
Don't select staging, Go to Indicator celebration and enable it.
Auto close windows wont work.
Tear drop can be enabled.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 12:30   #2573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
These are the things i have done in my jetta,

Needle sweep/Indicator celebration - Tested - Works.
Lane change blinkers to 5 - Tested - Works.
Activate fog lamps while engaging reverse gear - Tested - Works.
Refuel information on MID - Tested - Works.
Rain closing, Option to check/Uncheck on MID as well - Tested - Works.
TSC to strong - Tested - Works.
Bluetooth connection chime - Tested - Works
Honking confirmation, ATA confirm on MID - Tested - Works.
Emergency brake flashing - Not tested.

Don't select staging, Go to Indicator celebration and enable it.
Auto close windows wont work.
Tear drop can be enabled.

Hey Tanveer, Can you please tell me which modules and Bytes for each one of the mods?
I have put in my research. Please let me know if they are right.

Needle sweep/Indicator celebration - Tested - Works. - 17 Instrumentation - 10 Adaptation - Select Indicator celebration
Bluetooth connection chime - I don't have Telephone as one of the installed modules
Tear Drop -

What is TSC?
Old 23rd May 2016, 12:42   #2574
Senior - BHPian

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Hey Tanveer, Can you please tell me which modules and Bytes for each one of the mods?

I have put in my research. Please let me know if they are right.

Needle sweep/Indicator celebration - Tested - Works. - 17 Instrumentation - 10 Adaptation - Select Indicator celebration

Bluetooth connection chime - I don't have Telephone as one of the installed modules

Tear Drop -

What is TSC?

Ill have to check the modules bytes for them, Haven't used the cable in a while, Will check and let you know as soon as possible,

I recommend enabling TSC, Its torque steer compensation and it works very very well, It tightens the steering and keeps it straight under hard acceleration, I have tried accelerating hard with both TSC off and ON, Keeping it ON has a major effect.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2016, 15:08   #2575
BHPian

Tanveer, If you find time please let me know the codes.
An Update. I have enabled the single side parking lights, and also have enabled instrument celebration. Thank you.

Last edited by bharat4ever : 24th May 2016 at 15:16.
Old 24th May 2016, 15:27   #2576
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tanveer, If you find time please let me know the codes.
An Update. I have enabled the single side parking lights, and also have enabled instrument celebration. Thank you.
I sent my cable to a friend in chennai, But i have asked another fellow to drop his cable so that i can get the codes for you, Also What is single side parking lights? Is it that you can keep the parking lights of either side on after you have parked the car?
Old 24th May 2016, 15:35   #2577
Senior - BHPian

I think i may have to change the gateway module or mine is too old to support some of the adaptations here.

For example - Instrument celebration - This adaptation is not accessible for me. MKV Jetta,

I will have to check what module i have and what options i have to update the same.
Old 24th May 2016, 16:18   #2578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
I sent my cable to a friend in chennai, But i have asked another fellow to drop his cable so that i can get the codes for you, Also What is single side parking lights? Is it that you can keep the parking lights of either side on after you have parked the car?
Ok, if you don't have the cable right now, i'll dig further on google. For Tear drop it says to check whether there's a drop down called "Wischer" in 09 - Centr. Electronics. But I don't have that drop down.

Also, the single side parking is what you said. You switch the indicator on, and lock the car, and the brake / parking lights on that side stay on.

Have you tried this tweak to see if you can enable auto folding mirrors?
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...coding-feature)

Do cars with electrically folding mirrors also need that extra module which you guys were talking about in the past?
Old 24th May 2016, 16:58   #2579
BHPian

Quote:
Ok, if you don't have the cable right now, i'll dig further on google...
Came across this sometime ago, but never bothered to dig deeper since I didn't have VCDS cable anyways (Btw, would really appreciate if someone could lend me the cable, in Bangalore).

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36478
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...Tweeks-MK6-GLI
http://cars-volkswagen.com/jetta/lis...-gti-mkvi.html

These were few which had a comprehensive list, documented very neatly.
sunsbhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2016, 19:15   #2580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsbhp View Post
Came across this sometime ago, but never bothered to dig deeper since I didn't have VCDS cable anyways (Btw, would really appreciate if someone could lend me the cable, in Bangalore).

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36478

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...Tweeks-MK6-GLI

http://cars-volkswagen.com/jetta/lis...-gti-mkvi.html

These were few which had a comprehensive list, documented very neatly.

Quite of the mods are slightly older. Have been checking these links.
And I can lend the cable. Where you located at? We should meet up.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks