Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2014, 01:26   #1681
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandarMax View Post
VW recalling 2011-2013 Jetta in US for potential rear suspension issue. Would this also apply to Indian Jettas?
Regular Jettas sold in the US came with a torsion beam set up at the rear instead of the multi-link independent suspension set up that we get here. Am not sure which suspension set up came in performance oriented trims like the GLE but. So applicability of the same issue in India may vary.
Old 31st October 2014, 09:32   #1682
BHPian

Hi friends, i am going for my 15k service for Jetta automatic tomorrow at pune. Any tips on what should be checked mainly or, any part replacements required? Thanks.
Old 20th November 2014, 13:57   #1683
NKR
BHPian

[quote=Chethan B G;3544611]Face-lift Jetta will be launched in the month of Feb/Mar 2015. This news is more or less certain.

Would any one know the discounts offered on the Jetta Highline presently and is the launch date of the Face lift confirmed as yet?
Old 24th November 2014, 17:02   #1684
BHPian

Need help DSG experts. A friend is finalising a pre owned Jetta DSG 2013.
On going through service history, discovered a flywheel replacement at 6000 kms. The cost of replacement mentioned was INR 34000. The car has done 28k since then. Will this replacement have any impact on the long term dsg reliability ?
Old 26th November 2014, 08:36   #1685
R17
BHPian

Any inside info on the launch date of the facelifted 2015 Jetta?

Folks at the showroom (in West Mumbai, at least) dont seem to have a clear idea.
Old 26th November 2014, 14:03   #1686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chohan View Post
Need help DSG experts. A friend is finalising a pre owned Jetta DSG 2013.
On going through service history, discovered a flywheel replacement at 6000 kms. The cost of replacement mentioned was INR 34000. The car has done 28k since then. Will this replacement have any impact on the long term dsg reliability ?
DMF replacement at 6000 km seems too low. I have a Laura DSG and I got the DMF replaced at around 90000 Kms. A cousin who also had a Laura DSG got it replaced around the same time. if 34k is the just the price of DMF, then it is high, as Skoda charges 26k for it, and another 26 k for labour etc. total cost of replacement is 52k if done at a authorized workshop. I, however got the replacement done at a workshop run by ex-skoda service guys, who sourced the original part. IIRC, the part came in VW packaging. Total cost to me was 26k, exactly half of what the workshop asked for. I have now driven the car for another 30k kms and no problems till now.
Old 29th November 2014, 20:19   #1687
Senior - BHPian

Guys need to kmow if any of your back seat passengers felt vomiting session on long drives, as quiet a few people have felt like puking when they sit for a longtime on the Jetta backseat.

Tried myself but never felt the same & few people who love back seat driving have also felt like pukingand never done same on our other sedans and SUVs.
Old 30th November 2014, 00:18   #1688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R17 View Post
Any inside info on the launch date of the facelifted 2015 Jetta?

Folks at the showroom (in West Mumbai, at least) dont seem to have a clear idea.
Volkswagen Gurgaon mentioned a launch date of February 2015
Old 30th November 2014, 01:53   #1689
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Guys need to kmow if any of your back seat passengers felt vomiting session on long drives, as quiet a few people have felt like puking when they sit for a longtime on the Jetta backseat.

Tried myself but never felt the same & few people who love back seat driving have also felt like pukingand never done same on our other sedans and SUVs.
What tyre pressure are you running in your car? I suggest you keep it at 32 for highway drives, and 34 if fully loaded. For normal city use 30 is just fine.
Old 30th November 2014, 17:06   #1690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
What tyre pressure are you running in your car? I suggest you keep it at 32 for highway drives, and 34 if fully loaded. For normal city use 30 is just fine.

Akshay we use the same tyre pressure as mentioned and this happens when all the windows are up and AC is On, no idea why
Old 30th November 2014, 19:12   #1691
Senior - BHPian

Stale air and claustrophobia are two leading causes of nausea followed by a wallowy ride. The Jetta has a firm ride so that is one down. Windows closed is the next clue and that points more towards air quality than anything else.

The air quality in our vehicles can be taken care of via the following simple actions

1. Check your in cabin air filter and have it cleaned every two months. This should actually be changed every 6 months and more frequently if it is a smoker's car.

2. Get rid of any perfume that might be in the car. No matter how good the quality and however famous a brand.(this is for those with known passengers who suffer from nausea)

3. At the start of a longish trip take a lemon cut into two or four and place each around the car in any of the storage spaces or cup holders. Change for the return leg if on outstation trip.

4. Check the cars floor for dampness. At times ac condensate can leak into the front footwell and over time make the whole carpet damp thereby effecting the air.

5. Ensure that the foot mats are always bone dry when they are put back in to the car after cleaning, especially if they are plastic mats.

6. Further ensure that the mats are never cleaned with water left over after wash water/dirty wash cloth.

7. Last but not the least, maintain a separate cloth for cleaning the interiors of the car and never ever use the exterior washing/drying cloth(s) inside the car.

The above steps will go a long way in helping people have a more peaceful ride especially in the back.

Quote:
Akshay we use the same tyre pressure as mentioned and this happens when all the windows are up and AC is On, no idea why
khoj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2014, 20:58   #1692
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
That is quite odd. Do take Khoj's advice. I'd say keep the recirculation on auto and try it out.
Old 1st December 2014, 12:19   #1693
BHPian

Quote:

Not sure if it qualifies - but the most I have done non-stop is 400-odd km's on my 7000+km run jet and the back-seat passengers had nothing but positive feedback for the rear-seat ride.

When the in-house-boss (wife) says that - I'd take it very seriously - rarely ever get complements from those circles

On a serious note - wifey is somewhat sensitive to motion/ride quality and even she had no complaints about the rear-ride.
Old 1st December 2014, 15:24   #1694
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sharing a personal experience; may not be exactly what the majority is feeling.

I have once traveled 150kms in a stretch on the Jetta's back seat. Not exactly puking, but I felt there is a lot of sliding around (a bit of nauseating effect), one, due to the capability of the car, the drivers seem to enjoy the corners, and next, because it has a lot of space, there is a bit of running around. I also didn't like the beige and black combination which was not the case with Sunny for which it was uniformly 'greige'.
Old 16th December 2014, 10:03   #1695
BHPian

2014 Jetta or should wait for 2015 jetta

I am in a bit of confused state after deciding to part away with my Vento high-line.
I took the test drive of Toyota Corolla Altis, Skoda octavia and Jetta but skipped Hyundai Elantra as I am not much inclined towards feature rich korean cars.

Quick overtaking ability of Jetta over Altis was one of the the main deciding factor for choosing Jetta.

I been offered 70K offer for outgoing Jetta comfortline but most of the dealers do not have the choice of colors that I prefer. Now the question is should I take a plunge by compromising color and get it for the offer?

Advantage of going for current model
  • Cash discount of 70K
  • Proven 2014 model
  • Quick delivery
  • Good Exchange offer
  • New 2015 Jetta can be expensive over current one

Disadvantage what foresee is,
  • Outgoing model, Treated as an year old model after 15 days
  • Reduced Resale value
  • New Jetta may have different color offerings.
  • New Jetta may also have cash discounts and priced same.

Considering above facts and any reason that I may not have been thought about an advise would help me to have a peaceful sleep.

I am planning to take a call in next 4 days

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks