Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2014, 09:35   #1591
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

When are we supposed to make the full payment against a booking? According to the SA, car has been allotted and built against my booking. It has not reached the dealer yard yet. The dealer called yesterday and asked me to make the rest of the payment. I told him I will not make any further payment till I see the car and do an inspection.
It looks like they want to invoice in august to meet sales quotas. I do not have any experience like this before as all my previous cars have been bought off the shelf. I do remember making payment for my verna at the time of delivery.

Thx,
-JB-
Old 27th August 2014, 11:12   #1592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by etrast75 View Post
When are we supposed to make the full payment against a booking? According to the SA, car has been allotted and built against my booking. It has not reached the dealer yard yet. The dealer called yesterday and asked me to make the rest of the payment. I told him I will not make any further payment till I see the car and do an inspection......
You're right. Nothing more, other than booking amount, is due until car is at the dealer and inspected by you.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 28th February 2019 at 14:57. Reason: trimmed quoted post
StarScream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2014, 14:04   #1593
BHPian

Congrats folks - its raining Jetta's in Bangalore! She is just amazing to drive and all of you will simply love the ride and handling - coming from a Swift-D, the Jet was just a revelation for me.

Tyres - they are not so bad even at low 3-figures. But the noise can sometimes get on your nerves simply because the cabin is so dead silent. I am running on stock and kind-of regret not having changed the tyres right away.

The music system on the Jet also seems to be exceptional (to me). The quality is very nice and if the music is hard (pop/rock) - it kind of drowns out the tyre-noise effectively. But if your listening to really soft melody, get ready to identify a few extra instruments in the music

On the noise front - my doors have a kind of "rattling noise" - its not rattle, but just that something is not very snug inside. I was told to get some kind of cladding done which I might go for in a month/2 when the 6-month-check comes up.

The thing is that the doors are really heavy and when you try opening them from a seated position - they take an effort. Now assuming that your not strong-enough for the door - I see most of my passengers bang the door close with a vengeance and this I believe is the source of the "rattle" - it is definitely not the Maruti-Swift kind of rattle. It is very subtle and can still be heard clearly when music is not running - the cabin is that quiet!

I have done around 4.5k now and tyres seem to be holding up well. Got 3D mats and they are holding up well too.

The front-hand rest feels kind of low'ish to me and was not comfortable - so, I bought a small pillow that now makes it just perfect!

Enjoy your rides and drive safe!
Old 27th August 2014, 14:11   #1594
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddis_dude View Post

The front-hand rest feels kind of low'ish to me and was not comfortable - so, I bought a small pillow that now makes it just perfect!

Enjoy your rides and drive safe!
Isn't the front armrest height adjustable? I remember this was adjustable for height.
Old 27th August 2014, 14:17   #1595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Isn't the front armrest height adjustable? I remember this was adjustable for height.
Are you aware of if the CL has height adjust or if its just HL? I did play with the height-adjust (or whatever provision was there) and it just does not work or I guess more likely I'm too dumb to use it the way it was meant to be used!

Well - what can I say - it was just not perfect - a small pillow just works wonders on the comfort factor! Especially on long drives...

EDIT: Just checked the VW site and it just says "Front center armrest with storage box" for both HL and CL - so, VW cheaped out on that front I guess...

Last edited by ddis_dude : 27th August 2014 at 14:31.
Old 27th August 2014, 14:50   #1596
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Are you aware of if the CL has height adjust or if its just HL?

Not sure if this is what you're asking about, but try opening the armrest and raising it so that it's parallel to the ground. Then release the locking mechanism. It will lock the armrest and leave it raised and high enough to rest your hand on. It's certainly adjustable, although I'm not sure if this is exactly what you're referring to. The top of the armrest can also slide forward as desired.
iliketurtles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2014, 15:25   #1597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
Not sure if this is what you're asking about, but try opening the armrest and raising it so that it's parallel to the ground. Then release the locking mechanism. It will lock the armrest and leave it raised and high enough to rest your hand on. It's certainly adjustable, although I'm not sure if this is exactly what you're referring to. The top of the armrest can also slide forward as desired.
Nope - not on the Jet as far as I know. The arm-rest most certainly does not slide forward at least on my 2014 CL. Further, the arm-rest compartment is cooled - is that a reason to always want to keep it closed?

I was just checking the VW page for the Jetta and some subtle changes have shown up silently - boy, count on these guys to be discreet - they introduced extended warranty with practically no fanfare and now some of these changes. Anyway, looks like the "current" 2014 model (mine is "earlier" 2014-model) gets a full-sized spare, gets bluetooth and a few more goodies that are not quite so important (at least the ones I could tell).

Thanks a lot for the detailed steps iliketurtles, I'll try them out this evening, but I'm pretty sure there's nothing there.
Old 27th August 2014, 20:59   #1598
BHPian

I hope they have not removed the moving armrest. It's really very comfortable when moved. Also the 320 is a nice addition, but suddenly the mobile site does not show load through provision and some other stuff. I only hope it's not missing.
Old 28th August 2014, 10:17   #1599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
I hope they have not removed the moving armrest. It's really very comfortable when moved. Also the 320 is a nice addition, but suddenly the mobile site does not show load through provision and some other stuff. I only hope it's not missing.
Sorry for the confusion guys - what has been mentioned above is correct as expected. I was not using it the right way.

Played around with it today and its very nice indeed! The armrest definitely moves. I did not have enough time to play with the height adjust. Further my arms are now used to the comfy pillow I've thrown over there!

On the "latest" new-Jetta, I love that they have a full-sized spare wheel even if its not alloy. VW recommends not exceeding 80kmph with the space-saver that I have AFAIK. Full-sized might be better in that respect.

Also, I believe that the antenna is now fully integrated into the rear-windshield. Even the tiny little protrusion I have is no longer there is my belief and that is also a welcome addition (even though I personally love the tiny little antenna - looks very classy).

BT, as expected, is sorely missed by me - even cars half the cost of the Jet have that.
Old 28th August 2014, 11:26   #1600
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Also, I believe that the antenna is now fully integrated into the rear-windshield. Even the tiny little protrusion I have is no longer there is my belief
Where did you see that? All the models come with the sharkfin aerial and there has been no change AFAIK. The Superb OTOH has a tiny patch antenna on the roof.
Old 28th August 2014, 11:31   #1601
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Where did you see that? All the models come with the sharkfin aerial and there has been no change AFAIK. The Superb OTOH has a tiny patch antenna on the roof.

Yup. Exactly this. The old sharkfin antenna is still there and going strong.

Ddis...adding Bluetooth shouldn't be an issue if you really want it. There are genuine VW Bluetooth modules that require some work to be added, but I've seen examples of such work done here on the forum itself. Think about doing it, having Bluetooth connectivity is a massive plus, especially since it's very well done on VAG cars.
iliketurtles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2014, 11:34   #1602
BHPian

Quote:
The VW page for the Jet (CL and TL) mentions the following as a feature:

'RCD 320' music system with CD player, 4 speakers, SD card slot, USB input, Rear window antenna, Bluetooth connectivity

If we had a "Rear window antenna" - would we still need the one on top?

If you see the feature list for the HL: it mentions:

- Shark fin "diversity" antenna

But no "Rear window antenna"!!!

- 'RCD 510' touch screen music system with 6 CD changer, Aux-In and 8 speakers
Old 28th August 2014, 11:49   #1603
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The VW page for the Jet (CL and TL) mentions the following as a feature:

'RCD 320' music system with CD player, 4 speakers, SD card slot, USB input, Rear window antenna, Bluetooth connectivity
Could you post a snap of it? Of all the Jettas I’ve seen on the road till date, I am yet to see one without the sharkfin aerial.
Old 28th August 2014, 11:56   #1604
BHPian

Quote:
Could you post a snap of it? Of all the Jettas I’ve seen on the road till date, I am yet to see one without the sharkfin aerial.
Sorry if did not come out that way Gannu - but I was speculating based on the contents of the VW page:

http://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/model..._overview.html

If you see - it mentions Shark Fin Antenna only for the Highline variant - TSI or TDI. I have also not really seen one on the road without the antenna.

Sorry about the false alarm in case it turns out that way - not been my week really, this!
Old 28th August 2014, 12:03   #1605
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Sorry about the false alarm in case it turns out that way - not been my week really, this!
Hey no worries!

It could be that the RCD 320 is wired to the windshield aerial but the sharkfin aerial is factory fitted to provide the option of a future upgrade? I am not sure. In the Polo and Vento, the RCD 320 is connected to the stubby aerial on the roof. Just a single cable. The RCD 510 does not have navigation built in so the GPS cable is ruled out.

Do click some snaps of the rear windshield from the inside. The aerial (if present) should be mounted on top.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks