Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2011, 22:48   #316
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. Feels good to know that the vehicle feels stable at high speeds.

The reason I asked about innova was because I own an innova now & frankly it is not at all confidence inspiring above 120 kmph.
Oh, thats a little strange - i thought the Innova is solid at high speeds. We were getting a little late on the way back the next day to Mumbai from Lonavala and I did push the XUV hard again - i have spent 6 yrs in Pune when I was a core part of Bike India / Car India and have pushed many vehicles on the expressway - but in this price band, a SUV never felt so rock solid, positive and re-assuring - this again inspite of the cement slabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post
Seeing the Youtube video makes me

Can't believe such smoothness and stability and that too from a Mahindra, and that too on a cement road! Every other video of speed I see on Youtube is so shaky.

Last edited by manson : 16th October 2011 at 23:55.
Old 16th October 2011, 23:13   #317
BHPian

Just a bit of news on the booking front: I booked the XUV a day prior to the bookings getting closed. Today I got a call from Mahindra call center- having been clued in to the forum, I thought they will advise me with the expected date of deliveries.

I was in for a shock. The bloke at the other end spoke for five minutes non stop on how Mahindra was grateful for my considering XUV and how they had broken all booking records etc etc. and then towards the end, while I was preparing myself to hear the news of delivery- he dropped a bomb!

He mentioned that since the vehicle had been booked to their maximum capacity- he could not con firm when would I get the delivery AT ALL! I prodded him again and again to let out a tentative date if possible but the bloke just kept repeating that this call was just to inform me that there was no tentative date for the delivery of my vehicle!

I laughed in the end and told the bloke to ring back whenever he had some info and he too sheepishly thanked me and disconnected.

Queer, isnt it?
Old 16th October 2011, 23:25   #318
Senior - BHPian

Had visited the showroom today for the friend's XUV PDI. Saw quite a few people getting frustrated not being able to book. Enquired on re-opening of the bookings and was told that it will be surely re-opened immediately after Diwali. So guys waiting for it, keep close watch for getting early on the queue after Diwali.
Old 16th October 2011, 23:28   #319

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti.Rahul View Post
Just a bit of news on the booking front: I booked the XUV a day prior to the bookings getting closed. Today I got a call from Mahindra call center- having been clued in to the forum, I thought they will advise me with the expected date of deliveries.

I was in for a shock. The bloke at the other end spoke for five minutes non stop on how Mahindra was grateful for my considering XUV and how they had broken all booking records etc etc. and then towards the end, while I was preparing myself to hear the news of delivery- he dropped a bomb!

He mentioned that since the vehicle had been booked to their maximum capacity- he could not con firm when would I get the delivery AT ALL! I prodded him again and again to let out a tentative date if possible but the bloke just kept repeating that this call was just to inform me that there was no tentative date for the delivery of my vehicle!

I laughed in the end and told the bloke to ring back whenever he had some info and he too sheepishly thanked me and disconnected.

Queer, isnt it?
Well the story is pretty much the same for me too. Booked on October 1st and didn't even get a call! Finally after many emails managed to get a tentative date which still varies from Feb 11th to March 25th depending on who i spoke to!

The weird part is that if Mahindra got bookings for 8000 cars and with a production capacity of 2000 cars per month I should've still got mine in 4 months even if i was the last person to book, not 6 months!! And i didn't even book an AWD
Old 17th October 2011, 00:21   #320
BHPian

I really dont know what M&M is upto. We booked UV on 1st of Oct and got their call on 14th for the first time. What ever you just wrote below seems to be a script given to their Customer care executive. If they cant confirm the booking date for the XUV booked on 1st of Oct, I really wonder how they are going to handle the other bookings....
If you call their call center you get a standard reply. Dealer as usual has got not idea. M&M could have easily taken bookings online with such a limited role of their dealers in the booking process.
First week after we did the booking the topic of discussion at home was when we will get our delivery and where we will go for our first short vacation...
Now all that we wait every day is for "That elusive Call" from M&M where we will only get to know the delivery date.

We cant even figure out right now whether we should plan a trip to Jaisalmair (Winter) or Laddakh (Summer). Probability of delivery as per our various permutation and combination has a range of plus minus 3 months from march.

Never thought that buying a SUV could be so torturous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti.Rahul View Post

Queer, isnt it?
Old 17th October 2011, 06:03   #321
BHPian

It is indeed surprising that in the FB page of Mahindra one "Dhanraj Devadiga" has posted the picture of Manson's Scorpio(Kindly see post No.2 of this thread for Manson's Scorpio)

Here is a link to the FB photo-http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater

Are we seeing any copyright issues here?

Last edited by Gautam Misra : 17th October 2011 at 06:04.
Old 17th October 2011, 08:46   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gautam Misra View Post
It is indeed surprising that in the FB page of Mahindra one "Dhanraj Devadiga" has posted the picture of Manson's Scorpio(Kindly see post No.2 of this thread for Manson's Scorpio)

Here is a link to the FB photo-Photos/Videos of Mahindra XUV500 | Facebook

Are we seeing any copyright issues here?
This is too much.. i would be happy if he might have put disclosure saying source is www.TEAM-BHP.com .....
Old 17th October 2011, 09:33   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushargohil View Post
This is too much.. i would be happy if he might have put disclosure saying source is www.TEAM-BHP.com .....
I suggest the review mods, to put up some watermarks in the center of images.
Old 17th October 2011, 10:29   #324
Senior - BHPian

agreed , at the bare minimum the user should give credit and mention the source of the content or image if it has been picked up from elsewhere.

maybe one of the mods can ping him on FB or put the relevant comment below his image?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushargohil View Post
Old 17th October 2011, 10:48   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
agreed , at the bare minimum the user should give credit and mention the source of the content or image if it has been picked up from elsewhere.

maybe one of the mods can ping him on FB or put the relevant comment below his image?
The idiot user (Dhanraj Devadiga | Facebook) is also using our pictures without giving due credit at various places!
Old 17th October 2011, 10:52   #326
Senior - BHPian

Yes , it was him i was referring to when i replied. A watermark is a good idea since it can take a lot of time to remove and most normal users probably wont get into it so much , only problem is that it tends to play havoc with the images - maybe a small watermark logo on one of the corners of the image would be sufficient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyPunia View Post
The idiot user (Dhanraj Devadiga | Facebook) is also using our pictures without giving due credit at various places!
Old 17th October 2011, 11:21   #327
BHPian

Test drove the XUV yesterday on a short run on a smooth road. Here are my observations

1. The engine is very refined and contrary to expectations the gear shift was very smooth and I was right at home with the shifts. Reverse gear shifting to top left(ala european cars) was also smooth.
2. I could feel a surge in power even in high gears when I increased the speed from 20-30 odd to around 60 without having to downshift.
3. Start-stop was turned off and when I turned it on, it did not work atleast that's what I felt. I thought the engine should be in idle for 2.5 seconds and in neutral. Those conditions were achieved but still the engine did not shut off. This was a cause of concern for me.
4. MapMyIndia was throwing a Windows kind of error window and I had to shut the engine off and start again for the ICE to re-boot According to SA, the maps file had got corrupted and hence it was not working.
5. The ride was very smooth and I could not hear the noise of the engine or the traffic outside.
6. Vehicles just moved aside when they saw the XUV behind them. Those that did not notice, moved assigned when honked upon . This car has a phenomenal road presence.

Now eagerly waiting for my delivery from Santa on Christmas day as promised by Mahindra
Old 17th October 2011, 11:25   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansal98 View Post
I don' think it should be of much concern as the plastics used in fuel tanks have to meet pretty stringent requirements and they are of course tested for all such eventualities. Here is some more information on this:

Plastic fuel tanks
I am not worried about fuel permeability of the tank or general blunt object impacts. I am worried about piercing impacts in which the hardness & tensile strength of the affected material comes into play. A sharp stone ejected from under the tyre or a pointed rock that impacts the tank during the downward movement of the suspension (bottoming out) could pierce a plastic tank. Same thing would be not easily happen with a Glassfibre reinforced tank or a metal tank. I have personally experienced Engine Sump (made of Steel) being punctured by a flying stone.

Simple solution- mount a protection plate.
Old 17th October 2011, 11:39   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero View Post
3. Start-stop was turned off and when I turned it on, it did not work atleast that's what I felt. I thought the engine should be in idle for 2.5 seconds and in neutral. Those conditions were achieved but still the engine did not shut off. This was a cause of concern for me.
I hope you didnt have the clutch pressed. I faced a similar problem. But the SA told me to take my foot of the clutch and it worked.
Old 17th October 2011, 12:14   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zteg View Post
I hope you didnt have the clutch pressed. I faced a similar problem. But the SA told me to take my foot of the clutch and it worked.
Nope. I remembered to take my foot off the clutch completely. Were you able to test the start-stop feature?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks