Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2012, 16:17   #1816
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Body side moulding sounds interesting if similar to what they have for Scorpio.

What are some of the other accessories?
What are the protective covers kits?
What are POS danglers/top/pillars?

Coat Hanger for Rs 1680? Gold-plated?
Please refer my post #1704, to see the side moulding picture. Got them installed on the day of delivery (16-Jan) and i believe prices haven't changed. Also got the following additions at a 3M Car Care outlet
3M CS20 for the sides + 3M CS35 for the rear (Rs.5700 sides and back)
3M CR70 for windshield (Rs.7500)
3M Paint Protection (Rs.4000 approx)

Below is the India Garage Bangalore accessory price list
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-xuv-accessories-india-garage-001.jpg  

charan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2012, 17:36   #1817
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by charan View Post
Please refer my post #1704, to see the side moulding picture. ....
Charan, thanks for the response and the link to the picture.
I have a confusion. I have always believed that the ones in your picture are called as 'side strips' or 'rub strips'. These are typically made of rubber and are mostly seen on cars.

Claddings, on the other hand are much bigger, are made of plastic and are mostly seen on SUVs.
Attaching a pic from the net showing the Scorpio's side cladding.
The entire white/silver part on the side (excluding the side foot step of course) is the cladding.
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-mahindrascorpio.jpg

When I saw 'claddings/mouldings' mentioned in the accessory list, I was hoping for something similar to what the scorpio above shows.

Last edited by SDP : 1st February 2012 at 17:41.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2012, 17:40   #1818
Senior - BHPian

I understand that the draw is going to be city and dealer wise to be "fair" to all applicants.
Do you guys see any possiblities of it being model wise as well! I mean W6 and W8? Or they just going to get the draw out first and based on the selection they will start producing vehicles!!! I was just trying to understand if its easier for them to produce W6 and W6 applicants get any priority here!! I guess not! but still thought to bring this for discussion.

Last edited by Ketan : 1st February 2012 at 17:44. Reason: spellcheck
Old 1st February 2012, 17:53   #1819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Charan, thanks for the response and the link to the picture.
I have a confusion. I have always believed that the ones in your picture are called as 'side strips' or 'rub strips'.

Attachment 881002

When I saw 'claddings/mouldings' mentioned in the accessory list, I was hoping for something similar to what the scorpio above shows.
I see what you mean. However, I haven't come across the kind of cladding you are referring to, for the XUV. From the accessory sheet, the side molding refers to the chrome side strips.
charan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2012, 18:21   #1820
SDP
Team-BHP Support

While I was at the dealer today, tried to get some information from the Sales Cousultant about customer response to the draw, total bookings, bookings at his dealership etc. Here's what I got:

1. He mentioned that the customer response has been so-so, nothing comparable to the frenzy the last time around. He actually mentioned that gauging by current response, XUV might be available without a big waitlist 3-4 months from now.

2. He did not divulge total no. of bookings done at his dealership.

3. He mentioned that all over India, the bookings have crossed 30,000.

Disclaimer: Source whose reliability can not be verified. So I would take this information with a pinch of salt.
Old 1st February 2012, 18:43   #1821
Senior - BHPian

^Not sure if that 30K is a bit exageerated. My personal thought considering the no of dealers and the response from just a couple of dealers in BLR it should be around 17K-20K or less, unless there is a huge no of bookings in the last 3-4 days.
There are 56 dealer outlets authorized (including multiple outlets for the same dealer). I'm averaging around 350-400 entires per dealer at the end of these 10 days. I may be wrong though!!

Last edited by Ketan : 1st February 2012 at 18:44.
Old 1st February 2012, 22:32   #1822
BHPian

Had a word with Sterling Motors Gurgaon SA (he is kinda friendly now). Confirmed that they had booked only 900 cars till yesterday (pls note that they are highest selling XUV dealer in INDIA - because Gurgaon has only single dealership).

Adding onto that - one interesting fact that he told me. M&M is now accepting multiple requests from a single person. However, if that persons gets selected for more than one request - he will have to take one car only. Clearly shows how M&M is cashing on the fact that they will have interest free cashflow for a month
Old 1st February 2012, 23:15   #1823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenchhillar View Post
Adding onto that - one interesting fact that he told me. M&M is now accepting multiple requests from a single person. However, if that persons gets selected for more than one request - he will have to take one car only. Clearly shows how M&M is cashing on the fact that they will have interest free cashflow for a month

Thats NOT fair. I dont know what is the definition of being 'fair' and providing equal opportunities to everyone here in their books!!
All, who have participated in the draw should strongly oppose this if its true.
Old 1st February 2012, 23:23   #1824
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Thats NOT fair. I dont know what is the definition of being 'fair' and providing equal opportunities to everyone here in their books!!
All, who have participated in the draw should strongly oppose this if its true.
The multiple bookings are in the name & address of the same person? Unlikely! The duplicate bookings should be in someone else's name & address though made by the same person. In this case, I don't think M&M will be able to do anything.

And are we sure that M&M company is going to handle all those money than the dealer? From what I know, the booking amounts are going to be with the dealer & not the company.
Old 2nd February 2012, 10:55   #1825
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
And are we sure that M&M company is going to handle all those money than the dealer? From what I know, the booking amounts are going to be with the dealer & not the company.
The draft is in M&M's name, so I doubt the money goes to the dealers.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2012, 11:17   #1826
Senior - BHPian

^ Agree, the DD/Pay Order is in the name of M&M Ltd, it stays with M&M account until they return it back to the account for which the cancelled cheque is given.
Ketan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2012, 13:48   #1827
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is a bit hard to believe, M&M would not stoop to these levels
Old 2nd February 2012, 14:50   #1828
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
This is a bit hard to believe, M&M would not stoop to these levels
True - Anand Mahindra clarified on twitter that the 80K deposit was introduced ONLY to reduce the duplicate / proxy bookings!
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2012, 14:56   #1829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
True - Anand Mahindra clarified on twitter that the 80K deposit was introduced ONLY to reduce the duplicate / proxy bookings!
Please refer to the following sentence from the Terms and Conditions regarding XUV Lottery ( Source:Mahindra XUV500 Terms and Conditions )

"An Applicant who is an Individual is entitled to only one Mahindra XUV5OO, irrespective of the number of applications submitted and notwithstanding the fact that more than one of these applications are drawn as winners of the Draw"

This implies that a person can take lottery for more than one XUV.

-- Wind
Wind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2012, 17:43   #1830
BHPian

Saw a grey XUV on a tow truck on Tumkur road near 2nd toll plaza near Nelamangala (at around 3:30pm today). It doesn't appear to be an accident vehicle from what I could see. Since I was driving on the fast lane, didn't have enough time to slow down to check it out. A few weeks back I remember reading a similar tow incident on Hosur road / silk board junction posted on this forum. Wonder what's going on with these brand new vehicles. My W8 delivery is next week and I should say that I'm more concerned than exited (after spending over 15lakhs)

Last edited by smopuri : 2nd February 2012 at 17:46. Reason: typo correction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks