Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2012, 21:32   #1711
vcx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gubbi555
Hello all.I have been closely following the thread since quite a few months before I finally became a member of this forum.

I own the XUV 5OO AWD Dolphin grey variant and have driven 4600+ kms in the last one month..
Congrats, I am one of those exploring to book this 500, but wanted to really ensure before I spend nearly 13-14lacs on a brand which as compared to the likes of Honda, VW, etc is still has to prove its C+ segment value.

Like to see Dolphin Grey in real, can you post some good snaps?
Old 22nd January 2012, 19:17   #1712
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Hey guys, earlier people were facing a lot of issues with XUV's TPMS or Tyretronics; on high speeds it used to suddenly start showing error. How is this in the new lot of XUVs? Is this now sorted out by Mahindra?
Old 22nd January 2012, 21:13   #1713
BHPian

I just noticed one thing during last XUV test drive. The door hinges of XUV looks so fragile and supported by a very narrow metal piece, which is having only one link to the body (Bottom side of both the hinges) . My optra door hinges look much more robust. Will this kind of arrangement in XUV will cause frequent door misalignments?

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 22nd January 2012 at 21:18.
Old 23rd January 2012, 12:37   #1714
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamishra View Post
Hey guys, earlier people were facing a lot of issues with XUV's TPMS or Tyretronics; on high speeds it used to suddenly start showing error. How is this in the new lot of XUVs? Is this now sorted out by Mahindra?
TPMS has always had issues, and a mind of its own, right from the days it was a part of the Scorpio and I guess the same things have been carried forward to the XUV.
Old 23rd January 2012, 15:09   #1715
BHPian

Well have to say touchwood, have not faced issues with TPMS till now. have done 120 many a times and 135 kmph on a occasion or two, but no issues with that.
Old 23rd January 2012, 16:11   #1716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smopuri View Post
Congratulations!!!

Please would you briefly share some info?

> Who is the dealer?
> What was the communicated delivery date by M&M (right after booking) and how much they pulled in?
> Did you get a call from M&M before delivery OR it's your dealer who managed it?

Thanks in advance. Wish you a great ownership experience!
Thanks smopuri.

I bought this from India Garage on St.Mark's Road. Original Delivery Date communicated by M&M was 19th Jan, 2012. I got it a couple of days earlier.

M&M never called me before delivery. It was the dealer who informed me.
mshooli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2012, 00:00   #1717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict

Actually on car based vehicles like CRV, XUV500, etc 140 is no big deal, but with older body on frame SUVs, like Scorpio, Safari etc, it is pushing it. I generally do 140 only on open stretches in my Scorpio.
+1 to that. XUV should manage these speed quite easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti

TPMS has always had issues, and a mind of its own, right from the days it was a part of the Scorpio and I guess the same things have been carried forward to the XUV.
True. However XUV owners are alarmed while Scorpio owners doesn't because, Scorp's TPMS display is tiny and incorporated within the main console meters. Future the LED will only blink in green (otherwise solid green) if it lost contact with the sensor (these are in the tyres). No other audio alert or red display to grab attention. Unless you are looking for the information, most often you don't even realize this difference.

On contrast in XUV, the TPMS display is integrated into the Infotainment screen which blares it on your face with ERR.
Old 24th January 2012, 12:49   #1718
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunMo View Post
True. However XUV owners are alarmed while Scorpio owners doesn't because, Scorp's TPMS display is tiny and incorporated within the main console meters. Future the LED will only blink in green (otherwise solid green) if it lost contact with the sensor (these are in the tyres). No other audio alert or red display to grab attention. Unless you are looking for the information, most often you don't even realize this difference.

On contrast in XUV, the TPMS display is integrated into the Infotainment screen which blares it on your face with ERR.
Scorpio TPMS has an audio alarm (beep) and the concerned tyres light turns red and flashes on loss of pressure and or overheating.

Last edited by mobike008 : 24th January 2012 at 15:25. Reason: fixed quote
Old 24th January 2012, 23:55   #1719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti

Scorpio TPMS has an audio alarm (beep) and the concerned tyres light turns red and flashes on loss of pressure and or overheating.
That's right on loss of pressure and/or overheating. In fact the light has three stages of green, amber and red depending upon the temp/pressure.

But then, there are moments when the contact between the sensor in the tyres and the receiver in the TPMS module is lost. Thats when the LEDs will blink in green and no audio beeps (also shows "sch" for search, again in green, where pressure reading is normally shown).

This is even when the temp and pressure are alright.

This can happen any number of time during and after the drive. As this warning is non-intrusive, most Scorpio owners don't realize or bother much (as it is, we have other serious things to bother. LOL)!

But the story is different for XUV. The Infotainment shows this as ERR for that tyre. Oh-oh!!

Last edited by GunMo : 25th January 2012 at 00:02.
Old 25th January 2012, 11:06   #1720
Senior - BHPian

Bookings have re-opened for 8 days. Anybody who have tried their luck with their unique draw system?

I for one, would not invest my 80k with them for a month & then rely on my "luck" to get the car. If i am paying, I need the car. Why would I want the money back after a month?
Old 25th January 2012, 11:54   #1721
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Bookings have re-opened for 8 days. Anybody who have tried their luck with their unique draw system?
Bhpian avinashsg just now has bought his life's costliest lottery ticket.
Wish you all the best avinashsg

Never did I imagine in my life that I would be wishing luck to a person who has paid 80k advance for a car
Old 25th January 2012, 12:18   #1722
BHPian

I have reservations of this entire system. Mahindra has let the early success of the XUV get to its head.

I don't see why a buyer should take the decision to choose Mahindra and be willing to cough up 14-15 lakhs only to be entered in a lottery and feel lucky to get a booking, that is an awful buying experience.

I am sure there are better ways to manage the demand in a more appropriate manner. Ideally other buyers would feel the same and Mahindra has a booking flop but given the enthusiasm I am probably in a minority.
Old 25th January 2012, 12:19   #1723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Bhpian avinashsg just now has bought his life's costliest lottery ticket.
Wish you all the best avinashsg

Never did I imagine in my life that I would be wishing luck to a person who has paid 80k advance for a car
Any info on how bad is the rush in the dealership? Just curious
Will they reach 7200 or is it a case of overestimation?
Old 25th January 2012, 12:50   #1724
Senior - BHPian

I was done with the booking formalities more than a week back. Dealer was in impression that the booking will reopen by Jan 17-18 and asked me to be ready in case if I have to visit the dealership on the day of booking. later in the evening I saw an update on M&M website and told the sales guy about the draw system, they were not informed on this.

I'm to get my 40K cheque back and he asked me to get the DD when I come to collect my cheque. However, now I'm feeling a bit hesitant to go for this draw thingy, I'm really thinking to wait another few months or year with all these attitude and niggle issues going on with XUV. How strong are the chances that Govt is going to add some duty on diesel vehicles moving forward or M&M will increase the prices further!! I'm just trying to understand what I may loss or gain if I dont book now.
Old 25th January 2012, 13:01   #1725
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
I was done with the booking formalities more than a week back. Dealer was in impression that the booking will reopen by Jan 17-18 and asked me to be ready in case if I have to visit the dealership on the day of booking. later in the evening I saw an update on M&M website and told the sales guy about the draw system, they were not informed on this.

I'm to get my 40K cheque back and he asked me to get the DD when I come to collect my cheque. However, now I'm feeling a bit hesitant to go for this draw thingy, I'm really thinking to wait another few months or year with all these attitude and niggle issues going on with XUV. How strong are the chances that Govt is going to add some duty on diesel vehicles moving forward or M&M will increase the prices further!! I'm just trying to understand what I may loss or gain if I dont book now.
My take on this, see the feedback on this lot and if the reports are positive put your money in next lot of draws .

On a serious note why should I be made to gamble for something for which I am spending 12-15 lacs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks