Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2012, 00:07   #1861
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
Tushar yes we received the package, for 2N 3D for 2 valid for 6 months. You should also get in the post a Purple Club Membership Card, a O2 Spa voucher, and a notification of magazine membership for me its 4 months GQ and 8 Months Vogue.
Thought to update you, I called SR @ India Garage today and remind him about pending items, he ask me to drop a email with the details so that he can have a look where things goes wrong.. Thx again....
Old 7th February 2012, 11:22   #1862
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Finally, a formal word from Mahindras about the bookings:

Mahindra's XUV500 registers 25,000+booking applications in second phase of bookings

Total lucky draw applications -> 25,000+
SDP is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th February 2012, 11:45   #1863
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys an update on my XUV 6700km,

firstly, the interior sound coming from the middle seat has got no solution, and the company has been kind enough in admitting it and have ordered a complete replacement of the entire middle row.

also since I protested that now my car has been to the workshop too often on same problems and each time comes back with 20-30km added to the clock, they have agreed to reimburse the fuel cost.

This is something new . I would have spen a couple of thousand rupees worth of Diesel during the issues with my Scorpio, this never crossed my mind.

A strange thing happened on Saturday, the car was parked outside my house since Friday evening, and I was informed by my neighbour on the ground floor on Sat evening that the car is leaking diesel. I rushed down to see that there was a apparently a large leak in the main fuel line near the underbody clips, and it seemed that the car will unload the entire tank in a then took the car to the nearest workshop, the mechanic had already arrived. We put the car on the lift and assessed the leak, the pipe (though its plastic) had a small punch from top and bottom (i am suspecting a dog/cat bite) had made small holes which were leaking. According to the SM even without having the pump on it would have continued to leak as the pipe maintains certain pressure. Not sure if this is correct or not.
This could have lead to a fire / serious accident, wonder what M&M has to say about these critical parts. These should not be vulnerable to damage so easily.
Old 7th February 2012, 11:59   #1864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Finally, a formal word from Mahindras about the bookings:

Mahindra's XUV500 registers 25,000+booking applications in second phase of bookings

Total lucky draw applications -> 25,000+
Wow! At best I could have imagined around 15k. With that many people still interested in the XUV, inspite of the niggles in the car that have been reported, the draw system is here to stay for a while.

Has Mahindra increased their production yet to 3k/month ? That should take care of the current lot if about 2-1/2 months. So, the next draw should be around April end/May?
Old 7th February 2012, 12:25   #1865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
This is something new . I would have spen a couple of thousand rupees worth of Diesel during the issues with my Scorpio, this never crossed my mind.
This could have lead to a fire / serious accident, wonder what M&M has to say about these critical parts. These should not be vulnerable to damage so easily.
I guess in India, you do not get something until you ask for it, nevertheless let me put a disclaimer here, that they have told me the request has been processed, but I am yet to receive the money.

Well in case of diesel, this is not that large a risk because of the combustion properties of diesel, but nevertheless, I was not prepared to leave the car out of my sight till I had moved the vehicle from the diesel puddle area. I hope this is a one off incident and these critical parts are durable enough to withstand the abuse that generally Indian vehicles shall go through. I mean the part did looked solid, its I suppose unfortunate that the incident occurred

M&M is prepared to treat the XUV customer as KING!! and it is one thing to talk about it and one thing to make the customer feel that SPECIAL. I hope who so ever is experiencing this (in reasonable expectations) would agree, that most Indian and Foreign OEMs are just talk and no game on this end. Please treat this as my personal opinion as per my experience, I certainly do not wish to get into any debate on this matter, as to each his own opinion.

Last edited by mobike008 : 7th February 2012 at 14:07. Reason: 2 Smileys per post ONLY. Thanks!
AGwagon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2012, 15:21   #1866
Senior - BHPian

Mr. Goenka expilans the reason behind the draw. Looks like he has been reading T-BHP!
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-picture1.jpg  

raj_5004 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2012, 15:31   #1867
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Quote:
Well in case of diesel, this is not that large a risk because of the combustion properties of diesel, but nevertheless, I was not prepared to leave the car out of my sight till I had moved the vehicle from the diesel puddle area.

hmm m_upreti,

You need to have a look at below link to understand what AGwagon is trying to say.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2622717
deepaktpatil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2012, 16:27   #1868
BHPian

Great to see so many bookings for XUV, 25000 booking against 7200 XUV's. I think that gives a chance of getting a car is approx 30%. The stakes for this lottery is 1:3.47 then.
Old 7th February 2012, 16:30   #1869
BHPian

Hi all,
Anyone has any clue about the M & M coming up with an auto transmission XUV 5oo in the recent future. As per my requirements auto transmission is the only feature that is missing from the XUV. In fact I had booked a XUV during the first bookings only and I thought that I shall wait for the auto transmission and I did not take delivery of the vehicle allotted to me. So I didnt book a XUV this time and I am keenly waiting for the auto transmission.
So people having inside information on this aspect may kindly through some light on the fact. My personal feelings is that since the M & M is having auto transmission on the scorpio which is mated to the same engine doing duty in the XUV so there should not be much delay in the launch of an auto XUV.
Old 7th February 2012, 16:50   #1870
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
Hi all,
Anyone has any clue about the M & M coming up with an auto transmission XUV 5oo in the recent future.
Forget about an Auto Tranny for at least 1.5 years now. When people are queing to buy the XUV in the current version, I dont think M&M will launch an auto version anytime soon. Only when XUV is availble off the shelf and the competition increases, they would launch the AT version.

Simple Question - Why is there no Bolero AT, eventhough there is a Scorpio AT, because the competition (Sumo) does not have one.
scopriobharath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2012, 21:54   #1871
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Simple Question - Why is there no Bolero AT, eventhough there is a Scorpio AT, because the competition (Sumo) does not have one.
Then the question is why Scorpio ever had an AT?

As XUV 5OO was built for marketing worldwide, one could defenitely expect an AT soon. Without an AT, many Europe and African countries will not be reachable for XUV.
HotChillyPepper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2012, 00:50   #1872
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
As XUV 5OO was built for marketing worldwide, one could defenitely expect an AT soon. Without an AT, many Europe and African countries will not be reachable for XUV.
First of all, I am not really sure how reliable Scorpio AT is! I have seen people in the forum advising against it. Since XUV uses the same engine, we can assume the same AT will go into XUV as well.

Now for the second part, I don't even think M&M will launch this car anywhere globally for the next 1 year, seeing the kind of response it gets. Now the bookings closed and the car is sold out completely for the next 4 months! Once they re-open the bookings for the third time, I am sure it will be sold out for another 4 months! So, for the next 1 year, I don't think M&M will plan to export this vehicle at all. They could use this time for testing their AT unit more & more and probably launch it after 1-1.5 years when the demand comes down / supply improves and they can manage selling at-least 2-3K units globally!
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2012, 10:42   #1873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
First of all, I am not really sure how reliable Scorpio AT is! I have seen people in the forum advising against it. Since XUV uses the same engine, we can assume the same AT will go into XUV as well.

Now for the second part, I don't even think M&M will launch this car anywhere globally for the next 1 year, seeing the kind of response it gets. Now the bookings closed and the car is sold out completely for the next 4 months! Once they re-open the bookings for the third time, I am sure it will be sold out for another 4 months! So, for the next 1 year, I don't think M&M will plan to export this vehicle at all. They could use this time for testing their AT unit more & more and probably launch it after 1-1.5 years when the demand comes down / supply improves and they can manage selling at-least 2-3K units globally!
+1. Even though the XUV is Mahindra's global vehicle, they neither have the capacity nor vehicle reliability yet to market this abroad. As far as I can tell, they have their inventory (almost) sold out for the next 1-1/2 year. Expect an AT after that only.
Old 8th February 2012, 11:41   #1874
BHPian

+1 I have the misfortune of riding in a Scorpio AT driven by a M&M workshop mechanic, and since it wasnt his car and he was getting late to go home, he was flooring it. And boy of boy, was the AT Box slow n to such an extent that I would swear against it. It just refused to change up or down until the car was screaming for it, very unpleasant

I have also have driven the AT box in Endeavour and again I can say as long as you are prepared to drive it very light footed, as soon as you become a little enthusiastic you would not go fast, but just hear unpleasant roars of the big engine and jerks at every gear change.

So eventhough, if an AT comes out on XUV, and I would prefer an AT any day for my everyday drive, for such cars until it is a proper box, I would just stay away.
AGwagon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2012, 12:57   #1875
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepaktpatil View Post
hmm m_upreti,

You need to have a look at below link to understand what AGwagon is trying to say.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2622717
I understand, being from the hilly parts of the North, I have been witness to the diesel tanks being heated by fire in the earlier days (80's) to get the diesel flowing.

Whatever may be the case, diesel is still inflamable and such defects / non conformance leading to these defects is neither pardonable nor negotiable

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks