Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2012, 00:23   #1891
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by timetraveller View Post
I'm told my XUV AWD W8 White will be delivered Mar 18. Has *anyone* on this forum been delivered an AWD? Do you 'know' someone who's got it yet? Have you been promised an earlier date? I've not read about the AWD anywhere on the web, so I am very curious to know what I'm getting on Mar 18.
Hi,I do own the AWD variant of the XUV 5OO.Got delivery on 15th of december.I've done mild off-roading with it.From the interior part of view,its just the AWD lock button whilst you can definitely feel the difference once its engaged.Not once do you feel the vehicle struggling to move on.Since I have'nt got the opportunity to use it more often I would refrain from more comments.All I can say is when you need it,its there and does the job well.
gubbi555 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2012, 00:30   #1892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
When did you book the car?
Oct 3 or 4; its been such a wait I don't even remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
You might be getting the AWD itself
Oh yes, of that I am sure; I have confirmation from M&M. I am more interested in ownership, and road-test reviews and such. I read through the ownership thread, and there were a number of niggles mentioned. A few of them I had experienced first hand in the test drive itself; I had even written about them in team-bhp. I am hoping in the intervening months M&M has fixed all the *known* niggles. I'm fence sitting at this point and there's probably a Toyota on the other side of the fence. I also thought of the Ford EcoSport, but no idea when that's coming so my choices are limited and I want to know a bit about what I am getting into.

Last edited by timetraveller : 10th February 2012 at 00:41. Reason: Grammar
Old 10th February 2012, 00:53   #1893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gubbi555 View Post
I have'nt got the opportunity to use it more often I would refrain from more comments.All I can say is when you need it,its there and does the job well.
Should be getting our w8 on Monday. Quite a long wait since booking it in October, but considering we changed colour twice, i guess it makes sense. Plus we will be getting that royal purple colour that simply looks superb in the flesh.

@gubbi555, we should take your AWD and my future non-AWD out and see the difference :P
Old 10th February 2012, 00:53   #1894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gubbi555 View Post
Hi,I do own the AWD variant of the XUV 5OO.Got delivery on 15th of december.I've done mild off-roading with it.From the interior part of view,its just the AWD lock button whilst you can definitely feel the difference once its engaged.
Finally someone with an AWD! Thanks for information; Can you post some pictures of the inside?
Old 10th February 2012, 01:29   #1895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiddVish View Post
Should be getting our w8 on Monday. Quite a long wait since booking it in October, but considering we changed colour twice, i guess it makes sense. Plus we will be getting that royal purple colour that simply looks superb in the flesh.

@gubbi555, we should take your AWD and my future non-AWD out and see the difference :P
@SiddVish,Sure thing man.I'd love to too.Might as well get some splendid shots of the cheetahs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timetraveller View Post
Finally someone with an AWD! Thanks for information; Can you post some pictures of the inside?
@timetraveller,Instead of click another pic of my car im posting another known person's interior pic of the AWD variant where the button is the only difference leaving apart the scuff plate and window deflectors.Here's the link.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
Old 10th February 2012, 11:46   #1896
BHPian

Does the booking date/time, and or dealership of a Mahindra XUV500 booked during the 'second booking phase' matter as to when the car will be delivered?

In other words, is it possible for a person who booked an XUV500 in Trissur (just an example of a city which has relatively far less bookings that the other cities) on the last day (February 3rd, 2012) and at the last hour to be the first to get his car (out of the 25,000+ booking made during that week)?

hmmm
Old 10th February 2012, 12:12   #1897
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by discobiscuit View Post
Does the booking date/time, and or dealership of a Mahindra XUV500 booked during the 'second booking phase' matter as to when the car will be delivered?

In other words, is it possible for a person who booked an XUV500 in Trissur (just an example of a city which has relatively far less bookings that the other cities) on the last day (February 3rd, 2012) and at the last hour to be the first to get his car (out of the 25,000+ booking made during that week)?

hmmm
Yes!
And as per M&M its only 'fair'.
Old 10th February 2012, 12:15   #1898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Yes!
And as per M&M its only 'fair'.

i AM that guy

Old 10th February 2012, 13:08   #1899
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discobiscuit View Post

In other words, is it possible for a person who booked an XUV500 in Trissur (just an example of a city which has relatively far less bookings that the other cities) on the last day (February 3rd, 2012) and at the last hour to be the first to get his car (out of the 25,000+ booking made during that week)?hmmm
Oh my God.. M&M i really complicated our lives with all the permutations & combinations, I hope they have the required HW & SW to declare a fair result to all those who have placed the bets
Old 11th February 2012, 20:26   #1900

An awesome review!
Personally am going to wait for another year before I buy one! Let mahindra get rid of the niggles first!!!
Old 11th February 2012, 21:26   #1901
BHPian

Guys, I'm uploading two photos of the reverse camera display on screen. One pic shows the view when invoked from the INFO screen and the other when reverse gear is engaged. If there is an obstacle the distance is shown in centimeters at the top right corner.

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-revcam1.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-revcam2.jpg

Last edited by tachobells : 11th February 2012 at 21:28.
tachobells is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th February 2012, 00:16   #1902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tachobells View Post
Guys, I'm uploading two photos of the reverse camera display on screen. One pic shows the view when invoked from the INFO screen and the other when reverse gear is engaged. If there is an obstacle the distance is shown in centimeters at the top right corner.

Attachment 886192

Attachment 886193
When i checked few days ago with my RM @ india garage he told reverse camera is not yet arrive... could you please share vendor details, i want one...
Old 12th February 2012, 02:38   #1903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tachobells
Can you give us more details of installation process. Is this just a plug and play or they have to open up many fittings to get it install? Also can you show us the placement at the back where it's actually fitted?
Thanks
Old 12th February 2012, 11:29   #1904
BHPian

Some exterior photos of the SUV.
@Tushargohil - I got it from Sireesh Auto, Hosur road. They told that the camera had just arrived.

@Rohitbagai - Sorry, I've not seen the installation. It was done before delivery. Since it's a dealer fitment, it shouldn't void the warranty even if they open up things. You can see the camera in the photo below (black dot). It's slightly offset to the right because at the exact center, there is a bulge in the bumper.

Name:  IMG_2053.JPG
Views: 3187
Size:  105.2 KB

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_2054.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_2055.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_2057.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_2059.jpg
tachobells is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th February 2012, 18:06   #1905
BHPian

With less than 3 more days to go for the draw and its results, I am having butterflies in the stomach effect. Is this same for all who are participating, probably this is one of my most costliest bet ever hence the feeling. M&M has still not declared the date of the draw.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks