Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2012, 20:54   #1906
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrrraju View Post
With less than 3 more days to go for the draw and its results, I am having butterflies in the stomach effect. Is this same for all who are participating, probably this is one of my most costliest bet ever hence the feeling. M&M has still not declared the date of the draw.
As you know, the draw is on 15th Feb. I have been promised a call if my name appears in the selected list. The list of the winners would be up on the XUV site by end-of-the-day 15th Feb.

Although I am waiting for the draw, I am ok if the result goes either way. If my number comes, I will have a vehicle that I admire. If my number does not come, I can always get the XUV, 6-12 months from now and I would have a better vehicle with more issued sorted out.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2012, 22:25   #1907
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrrraju View Post
With less than 3 more days to go for the draw and its results, I am having butterflies in the stomach effect. Is this same for all who are participating, probably this is one of my most costliest bet ever hence the feeling. M&M has still not declared the date of the draw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
As you know, the draw is on 15th Feb. I have been promised a call if my name appears in the selected list. The list of the winners would be up on the XUV site by end-of-the-day 15th Feb.
It would have been nice if there was a live streaming event too. To give that real-life feeling of the lottery & ensure a little more transparency !
Old 13th February 2012, 07:56   #1908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
It would have been nice if there was a live streaming event too. To give that real-life feeling of the lottery & ensure a little more transparency !
I second that. There should have been a webcast of the draw process for more transparency. Especially when the draw is not just plain and simple but based on City booking percentage and out of which Dealer booking percentage.

I am not excited about my results. In fact, due to the draw process, I lost the whole excitement of buying a new car.

-HCP
Old 13th February 2012, 10:14   #1909
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
I second that. There should have been a webcast of the draw process for more transparency. Especially when the draw is not just plain and simple but based on City booking percentage and out of which Dealer booking percentage.
XUV5OO home page does state that the draw will be held in Mumbai and M&M would invite media. But no auto jurno has twitted till now about the date of draw and the invitation.

"The XUV500 draw will be conducted at a central location in Mumbai. The venue for the same will be notified to the media who will be invited to cover the draw event."
Old 13th February 2012, 10:53   #1910
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:

I am not excited about my results. In fact, due to the draw process, I lost the whole excitement of buying a new car.

-HCP
I agree. Maybe M&M can then earn from ad revenues as well for live TV screening, like IPL auctions. They can actually pre-select first 10 winners and call them to symbolic handover of key live and then proceed to select remaining 7200 +/- 200. It would give them tremendous marketing impetus, and advertising revenues would cover costs involved. If something is trending, why not ride the wave, how so ever ridiculous it may sound.

But on a serious note, M&M is know as being one of the more cleaner and ethical firms, and maybe that was the reason for draw in first place. I am against it, but then again this is still way better than being cut off in line by neta and neta's all katora and chamchas. Atleast same chance for every application for anyone less than cabinet.
Old 13th February 2012, 12:18   #1911
BHPian

I am not sure if anyone noticed the Mahindra add in TOI today. The ad listed car of the year award from team-bhp as well.
Old 13th February 2012, 14:43   #1912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by contactme27 View Post
I am not sure if anyone noticed the Mahindra add in TOI today. The ad listed car of the year award from team-bhp as well.
Yes. I saw this. I think we should start sharing trophies with the winning company every year so that it will be displayed in Ads like this one.
Old 13th February 2012, 14:48   #1913
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by contactme27 View Post
Fantastic. Haven't seen it, but then I am very delighted to know that my one vote over TBHP has counted, feeling very proud to be a part of this forum . Can someone please paste the link here of the e-paper?
Old 13th February 2012, 14:53   #1914
BHPian

Quote:

-HCP
Any written proof from Mahindra for that statement available on the internet?
Old 13th February 2012, 14:56   #1915
BHPian

Just spotted a XUV500 test vehicle. There was a sticker that said 'Vehicle under test'. However, I could not see any difference between the current xuv500 and this one. May be a new variant is under way. Sorry no pictures :(
Old 13th February 2012, 15:03   #1916
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
Just spotted a XUV500 test vehicle. There was a sticker that said 'Vehicle under test'. However, I could not see any difference between the current xuv500 and this one. May be a new variant is under way. Sorry no pictures :(
Speaking of new variants, there was something interesting in the XUV user manual. There are pages explaining Manual AC controls (ie without Auto climate control) and a basic infotainment system.

In the infotainment manual, three systems are explained.

Level -1 infotainment system
- This doesn't exist today. It's about an inch tall basic LCD display. Monochrome and low resolution (aka 7 segment LCD)

Level 2 system
- Monochrome, non touch. This is on W6 today

Level 3 system
- This is on W8 today.

So, this raises the question where is the variant with Manual AC and this Level 1 system?
There may be a lower variant coming later. Or M&M may have scrapped that plan after the manuals were printed.
tachobells is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2012, 15:11   #1917
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tachobells
There may be a lower variant coming later. Or M&M may have scrapped that plan after the manuals were printed.
I guess... manufacturers usually prepare a generic user manual for different components/peripherals in the vehicle.

As mentioned in your post, the topic Air-conditioning in the user manual will contain user guidelines applicable to different AC models being used in their product line.

That need not necessarily indicate that there would be a newer version in the making.

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 13th February 2012 at 15:13.
Old 13th February 2012, 15:17   #1918
BHPian

Most manufacturers will always push their top end vehicles in the market in the beginning. I had a personal experience more than 3 years back when Tata's had launched the Vista. There were 3 engines then, however the Quadrajet variant was pushed the max.
Similarly M&M would have never anticipated the mad rush for the vehicle and would have planned for a lower W4 version. However I don't see this coming in the next 6 months to a year.
Old 13th February 2012, 18:58   #1919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushargohil View Post
Thought to update you, I called SR @ India Garage today and remind him about pending items, he ask me to drop a email with the details so that he can have a look where things goes wrong.. Thx again....
Guys a weird thing just happened, I have received another welcome kit from M&M Purple Club, with another set of vouchers. The Vouchers have indeed separate numbers, looks like I am getting 2 Club Mahindra holidays now..
AGwagon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2012, 19:09   #1920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discobiscuit View Post
Any written proof from Mahindra for that statement available on the internet?
Nope. This is what my Sales exec educated me. I re-verified it with SKS and they also gave me the same logic. So I believe it must be true.

Thanks
HCP

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks