Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2012, 23:12   #2056
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbagai View Post
Does this mean we can keep camera on while moving forward (by activating through the car info)? I see only black image when I activate camera using the menu. It's only when I engage reverse I am able to see the image. Can you please confirm you can activate the camera in forward gears too using the menu
Yes, you should be able to view the camera output while moving forward if you enter the car info->Reverse camera view. You can also listen to music in parallel.

It's cool. But I don't see any point in doing that. Maybe for using it as a 2nd rear view mirror..
tachobells is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th February 2012, 01:32   #2057
Senior - BHPian

Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Guys,

Any idea how much the OTR will go up after March 31? I heard that there will be an increase in the tax for diesel vehicles. However, I have also heard that they are coming up with a universal tax of 6% across the country and then states will add cetain amount on top of it.
Any ideas?

Last edited by Ketan : 29th February 2012 at 01:39. Reason: Need to either delete this or move to XUV 500 test drive thread - posted here by mistake
Old 29th February 2012, 12:19   #2058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tachobells View Post
It's cool. But I don't see any point in doing that. Maybe for using it as a 2nd rear view mirror..
Its useful to know how to do this; thanks for sharing. But I agree there is no point doing that; Shouldn't get to a point where one is staring at the camera for fun, while driving. A 'forward looking perspective' is better in more ways than one, including when driving.
Old 29th February 2012, 14:34   #2059
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tachobells View Post
Yes, you should be able to view the camera output while moving forward if you enter the car info->Reverse camera view. You can also listen to music in parallel.

Hey Guys, The reverse camera receives its Input supply voltage from the Reverse backing lamp. Thats the White light which will come on only when you put the car in reverse. Hence you cannot see the image when the car is moving front as the camera is not powered.

The work around to this is you can ask the installer to power the camera from a constant 12V source, although this would mean your camera is powered all the time even when not needed this would affect its reliability in the long run!

In My car while am in forward gears and I invoke the camera from car info, I get a black screen, once I slot the car in reverse I start seeing the image.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!
Shai100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2012, 16:53   #2060
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbagai View Post
Does this mean we can keep camera on while moving forward (by activating through the car info)? I see only black image when I activate camera using the menu. It's only when I engage reverse I am able to see the image. Can you please confirm you can activate the camera in forward gears too using the menu
Well The issue here is that the camera receives power source (12V DC) from the back up lamp. This gets powered only when you slot the car in reverse. So While you are going forward it does not work as it throws only a black screen as its not powered. The work around is to power the camera from constant 12V source but keep in mind you do risk reducing the life of the camera.
Shai100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2012, 23:32   #2061
BHPian

The second lot of XUV delivery will start from coming Monday. I confirmed the same from the Hyderabad dealer who has already received the stock for PDI.
Old 1st March 2012, 02:29   #2062
BHPian

Some more info and 1 more picture of XUV500 from Desert storm 2012.

Mahindra Adventure broke the mould and made history in Desert Storm this year! XUV500 as this year’s entry made waves as it was previously unheard of a diesel car entering the extreme category.32 cars out of the 50 competing in the Xtreme category did not finish but the modified XUV500’s were beastly, developed by two of the best rally car builders in the country! With the nation’s best drivers Gaurav Gill & Lohitt Urs behind the wheels, the stage was set for record-breaking successes! The Super XUV5OO’s overtook Gypsys, Vitaras and Prados with ease, winning three stage victories and for the first time in history of Indian motorsports, a diesel car shared the podium with other petrol cars.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-xuv500-ms-ds.jpg  

dockap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2012, 05:34   #2063
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
Some more info and 1 more picture of XUV500 from Desert storm 2012.

.....XUV500 as this year’s entry made waves as it was previously unheard of a diesel car entering the extreme category.32 cars out of the 50 competing in the Xtreme category did not finish but the modified XUV500’s were beastly....
This is good. Is there any detailed information on the modifications done? The real ones and not the cosmetic ones.
Old 1st March 2012, 17:24   #2064
Senior - BHPian

This is what I got from CarWale. Advise on whether to go for it:

You short listed a car to buy. Congratulations!
The car you have shown interest in is Mahindra XUV500 W8 (#D322322), done 5 KM listed for Rs. 17,00,000/-.
Please click here to view complete details of the car.
You may contact the seller directly, details as below:
Address: Mumbai
Would you like to know how much you should be paying for this car? CarWale’s Used Car Valuation could help you with it. Simply feed in the details of the car and you will get close-to-accurate prices for the same.
Feel free to contact for any other assistance.

Warm Regards,

Team CarWale

Last edited by Technocrat : 2nd March 2012 at 04:26. Reason: fixed font tags
Old 1st March 2012, 21:03   #2065
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post

The car you have shown interest in is Mahindra XUV500 W8 (#D322322), done 5 KM listed for Rs. 17,00,000/-.
How much is the premium for this car? Are you sure you want to pay those extra amount for this car [if any]?
Old 1st March 2012, 21:20   #2066
BHPian

Quote:

For 17 lakhs, wouldn't you rather go for something like an Endeavour ? The XUV is a decent car, but I don't think it's really worth that much. You might also get a very well maintained Pajero for 17 lakhs.
Old 1st March 2012, 21:27   #2067
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

[COLOR=#000080]Please click here to view complete details of the car.[/COLOR]
You may contact the seller directly, details as below:
Address: Mumbai
Would you like to know how much you should be paying for this car? CarWale’s [COLOR=#000080]Used Car Valuation[/COLOR] could help you with it. Simply feed in the details of the car and you will get close-to-accurate prices for the same.
Feel free to contact for any other assistance.

Warm Regards,

Team CarWale
Too much premium. For 17L, you can get a 2 year old T-Fort.
Old 1st March 2012, 22:09   #2068
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Honestly, i would suggest you to walk away. It is always better to deal directly with an Authorized dealer. There is a fair chance of foul play if the vehicle is sold once it changes so many hands.

Following are my Queries. Please check with Carwale on the same.
  • The car was supplied by which authorized dealer / distributor.
  • Would the same RM concept be available for this vehicle (RM sits at dealerships)
  • Would Carwale take 100% responsibility if any damage in detected in future?
  • Check with Mahindra if warranty is still valid if its sold through a non-authorized channel

Last edited by scopriobharath : 1st March 2012 at 22:15.
Old 1st March 2012, 22:56   #2069
Senior - BHPian

Delivery date confirmed for our XUV by Mahindra is 22nd May.
So the wait begins.
carwatcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2012, 01:06   #2070
BHPian

Quote:

Hi m_upreti. There is a premium. And a big one. I got a call from my RM for my upcoming AWD XUV delivery and the OTR price works to ~16.4L. And thats in Bangalore with not one, but two heavy tax items (one for VAT and another for Road Tax). The price you are quoting is even more than that, and you'll have to tack on road tax and insurance on top of that. You are getting into 2WD Fortuner territory (showroom price) now!

Ultimately its your call, but if you must get it, certainly negotiate the heavens out and bring the price down, and a LOT. Then there is the question of buying from a third party. I suppose the car can be vetted by another check, but its a bit of a hassle and it can be stressful depending on how much of an 'off the beaten path' person you are. You only miss peace of mind once its gone.

Of course free advise is easily given, but I'd say just wait for a new one of your own. Considering everything, its not ok at this price. I also don't consider used-anything ok at this price, but that's just me.

The wait surely sucks; I know because I've been waiting since Oct too. I have oscillated between my choices a few times in the intervening months.

Good luck with the decision.

Last edited by timetraveller : 2nd March 2012 at 01:09. Reason: Fixed typo.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks