Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2012, 12:09   #2146
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Dont worry bro, you are not alone in this

If you go back in this thread, you can find my post with Pics relating to same issue. I too had this same issue when i got the tank full for the first time right before going out to Ranthambore, and this happened at night. So i had to wait till diesel stopped leaking and went ahead with the trip. Made sure that i didnt fill up to top. After coming back from the trip went to service station and reported the same. They told me it was the clip leading to the tank that was loose and had to be replaced. Initially i thought the tank had a crack or something but it was the clip that was the culprit.
Nitin bro I do remember your incident, and I have been quoting it to the M&M guys at both the incidents. But yours was a completely different case, where a clip leading to the tank was loose, whereas in my case both times the main fuel line had cuts near the clip area. Yours could be something that was missed out at PDI, but mine is a problem arising our of wear/damage.. I am writing to M&M today, lets see where it leads to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
If the cuts in the pipe are around the area where the clips are applied then the only reason i can think of is the clips have been excessively tightened causing the pipe to develop cracks.
Dockap This is my theory, but if that, why is it not happening in any other XUV, and two repeated incidents in such short intervals??

Guys besides writing to M&M CC where should I write to? and should I also highlight my post in T-Bhp as a reference to the email? Pls advise
Old 13th March 2012, 12:49   #2147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
Guys besides writing to M&M CC where should I write to? and should I also highlight my post in T-Bhp as a reference to the email? Pls advise
Yes, please mention your affiliation with team-bhp and that you've spoken about it here. I'm sure the people at Mahindra watch this forum quite often.
sharninder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2012, 08:15   #2148
BHPian

Quote:
On http://www.mahindraxuv500.com - if you click on the Get In touch links on the top right, they have additional email IDs including senior employees of Mahindra & Mahindra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
As per M&M they have not completed the AWD delivery from 1st booking. I believe this is true since one of my friends is still waiting for his AWD to arrive.
-HCP
Regarding AWD deliveries, how many people who booked in the first lot (Before October 10/11) have been delivered or not yet been delivered the AWD?

I had booked on October 5, and have not yet been delivered my Vehicle. I am following up with Mahindra and Mahindra via email and have escalated it to their Management on my specific delivery issues related to how the whose booking has been handled by them and the dealer.

Can anybody else share their AWD delivery status from the first lot?
h_man is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2012, 09:56   #2149
BHPian

Saw an SUV on Outer Ring road in Bangalore on a Tow vehicle (actually the vehicle was sitting/carried on the tow vehicle - not being towed really), I was also driving so did not get an image of the same. Noticed that the Driver side wheel was broken away from its place and was kind of at an angle of 30-40 degrees with the bottom of the wheel towards the outside. The rest of the vehicle seemed intact, no signs of accident what so ever.

Do you think this is a case of mechanical failure? I think so. If that is the case then M&M needs to take it seriously. Can't imagine what would happen if one is travelling @ 100Km/h and then the wheel breaks away ?
Old 14th March 2012, 12:38   #2150
BHPian

Guys, got the call from M&M Relationship manager for Delhi, Sandeep Malhotra yesterday, saying that he would like to inspect the car, and he has already collected the last replaced fuel pipe, and would like to discuss the case with me. I agreed for sending the car over today, and since I wouldnt be able to go to the workshop myself, I asked him if we can discuss on the phone itself.

Anyways, he told me that he has seen the photos and Video (posted in this thread) and also seen the replaced pipe and his assessment is that it is due to some miscreant deliberately fiddling and causing damage, however that he would like to check the car himself and then comment and provide a solution. Since I already knew where his assessment would have headed, I politely gave him 7 solid reasons why I do not think even for an instance that his theory is correct, and that this is done externally. I also told him very politely, that I want him to conduct his analysis with an open mind, and not be influenced by the workshop team. And that I have written to M&M CC because I am not satisfied with the reason as provided by the workshop. I also indicated, I am not interested to hear from him that someone tampering with it is a reason for both the incidents and if he thinks there could be no other reason, I would take the same higher up or to a public forum.

I sincerely hope that they are able to reach to the root of the problem today and rectify it. I am fed-up with discussing the case with anyone new to this discussion now and just want a solution. During both these incidents apart from the mental unpleasantry and the complete wastage of time, I have also lost some money now on fuel.

I hope they do a thorough check on the vehicle and not jump to the most convenient and easiest theory for them of an external factor. Fingers crossed, lets see what happens by the evening
Old 14th March 2012, 13:01   #2151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I hope they do a thorough check on the vehicle and not jump to the most convenient and easiest theory for them of an external factor. Fingers crossed, lets see what happens by the evening
Thats what they do, for any damage to the hoses, wiring, the first answer is that the damage has been done by some one fiddling with the car or caused by rats.
Old 14th March 2012, 13:22   #2152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h_man View Post
Regarding AWD deliveries, how many people who booked in the first lot (Before October 10/11) have been delivered or not yet been delivered the AWD?

Hi,we booked the AWD variant on the 1st of october and vehicle was ready for delivery by the first week of december.Colour-Dolphin Grey,Dealer-India Garage,City-Bangalore
gubbi555 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2012, 17:50   #2153
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Something interesting happened around 15 minutes back.

Got a "cross-selling" call from Global Gallarie dealer (which owns a Mahindra as well as a VW dealership in Mumbai/Thane).

The lady said "Sir, you had booked a XUV5oo. Unfortunately, no XUVs are available at this point of time. So would you be interested in looking at cars from the VolksWagen lineup?"

I was so tempted to ask her - what does VW offer in India that could be in direct competition with the XUV.

Avoided the temptation. She was just doing her job. There was no point being rude or oversmart.
SDP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2012, 00:53   #2154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h_man View Post

Hi h_man, I had booked on 4th Oct 2011, and was promised delivery in Mar 2012. I was offered one additional year of warranty to compensate for the delay. The car is ready for delivery; I just did the inspection today. I'll take delivery next week. Good luck with your delivery.
timetraveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2012, 01:29   #2155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, got the call from M&M Relationship manager for Delhi, Sandeep Malhotra yesterday, saying that he would like to inspect the car, and he has already collected the last replaced fuel pipe, and would like to discuss the case with me. I agreed for sending the car over today, and since I wouldnt be able to go to the workshop myself, I asked him if we can discuss on the phone itself.

Anyways, he told me that he has seen the photos and Video (posted in this thread) and also seen the replaced pipe and his assessment is that it is due to some miscreant deliberately fiddling and causing damage, however that he would like to check the car himself and then comment and provide a solution. Since I already knew where his assessment would have headed, I politely gave him 7 solid reasons why I do not think even for an instance that his theory is correct, and that this is done externally. I also told him very politely, that I want him to conduct his analysis with an open mind, and not be influenced by the workshop team. And that I have written to M&M CC because I am not satisfied with the reason as provided by the workshop. I also indicated, I am not interested to hear from him that someone tampering with it is a reason for both the incidents and if he thinks there could be no other reason, I would take the same higher up or to a public forum.

I sincerely hope that they are able to reach to the root of the problem today and rectify it. I am fed-up with discussing the case with anyone new to this discussion now and just want a solution. During both these incidents apart from the mental unpleasantry and the complete wastage of time, I have also lost some money now on fuel.

I'm just wonderging why you and Nitin, who faced similar (may not be the same) issue are not trying to reproduce it when you know what could cause it. I know it may cost you some money on fuel. During your weekends, just do the tankful and have some frequent short trips, if required do the tankful on both the days on weekend and make sure its not due to the pressure when the tank is full, if its so, it would be easier for you to reprod the same issue at workshop and show it to them. Or whichever way you think possible, make sure you are able to repro it so you can show it to them insted waiting for it to happen without warnings.
Old 15th March 2012, 14:22   #2156
BHPian

Quote:
Hopefully the investigation will lead to right direction. I sincerely hope M&M will show the courage to do a thorough investigation and if it is a design / manufacturing issue they will stand up and say "We have done a mistake with it. But we are here with the right solution." That will only increase the respect and credibility of the company. For next M&M launch, we can expect to see the same enthusiasm as in XUV's case, only if they correct the issues before field reports getting in the form of fatal accidents.
-HCP.

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 15th March 2012 at 14:26.
Old 16th March 2012, 13:19   #2157
BHPian

any idea about Duty increase for Diesel Vehicles in today's budget ?
Old 16th March 2012, 13:26   #2158
Senior - BHPian

the speech is been concluded it seems and nothing heard about increase in tax for diesel vehicles yet. So far so good. However, the general excise duty is increased by 20% and that will impact lots of things including fuel prices in future :(
Ketan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2012, 13:55   #2159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
the speech is been concluded it seems and nothing heard about increase in tax for diesel vehicles yet. So far so good. However, the general excise duty is increased by 20% and that will impact lots of things including fuel prices in future :(
Small blessings of life .

Probably they would have done the census of politocs owning the diesel cars (read SUV's)
Old 16th March 2012, 14:45   #2160
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Add to this the increased service tax on labour, every time your cars goes to service centre .

The budget is simply as poor as the Indian economy .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks