Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2011, 11:41   #646

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Is there anybody in Kolkata interested in XUV500. We can form a group and can negotiate for an early delivery with the dealer once booking starts. I enquired with one dealer who said that about 50 people have already deposited the booking amount already !!!!
Old 25th October 2011, 12:01   #647

Dear Mods, pls relocated this post to a different thread in the In-Car Entertainment forum if required.

Dear BHPians,

Am expecting my XUV 5OO soon. Any good suggestions for improving the music system of XUV 5OO. From my initial assessment I would like to retain the head unit and would be open to considering adding an amp/replacing speakers.

Please share your expert comments on the best suited system for the XUV. FYI, I am looking at spending not more than INR 25k and would greatly appreciate dealer recommendations in Bangalore where I can get this work done.
Old 25th October 2011, 14:03   #648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
Hi Rahul,

Yes, I did this modification myself. GIMP (Gnu Image Manipulation Program) is a free open source image editing software, similar to photoshop.
I do not know whether I am allowed to post a link to my facebook page. If you are on fb, please check the water mark on the image for my email id.

Here is the fb link anyway...

XUV 5 oh oh to XUV 500 | Facebook

cheers,

girish

I liked the pics 1 and 5. Looks really nice in those trims. Hope we will soon have some good bodyshop people coming out with some awesome designs.
Old 25th October 2011, 16:09   #649
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak10 View Post
From my initial assessment I would like to retain the head unit and would be open to considering adding an amp/replacing speakers.
I read a post that you can NOT change the HU in XUV 500? Is that true ? Looks like it's an integrated unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak10 View Post
Please share your expert comments on the best suited system for the XUV. FYI, I am looking at spending not more than INR 25k and would greatly appreciate dealer recommendations in Bangalore where I can get this work done.
There is nothing as a BEST system for any car. It's what is BEST for you. Anwar [Top gear now? previous Autofusion guy] is Bangy is the BEST of the lot for audio set up. Expensive but the quality speaks for himself. Please pay a visit and tell him what your priorities are and what kind of songs do you listen & what's your budget, he will tell you what to go for.

Again the equipment that he sells is only with B&W & is again QUITE expensive. And he is quite OK if you carry the stuff & he will happily install it for you.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2011, 16:20   #650
BHPian

Hi. I booked my XUV 5OO AWD Dolphin Grey on Oct 1. Got a call two days ago indicating delivery date of Feb 16. Anyone else on the forum with an AWD booking who got a delivery date? Is this how much time they are taking for AWDs?
Old 25th October 2011, 16:57   #651

Hi All,

Today I finally got a chance to test drive the XUV500. I did things the other way around, first booked it and then took a test drive! Reason being we needed to buy a car soon and we had almost booked the Jetta, but for some reason it seems a tad overpriced. Just a day before we were going to book it, a friend of mine told me that Mahindra was coming out with a new SUV and the rest as they say was history.

My two cents on the test drive:

1. Reached the dealer showroom at 1130 am. Confirmed that my delivery date would be on or before the 2nd of December asked for a test drive
2. I was told i was third on the list and will have to wait for about 30 mins.
3. I waited for 30 mins and the first people came back from the drive.
4. Waited for another 30 minutes, and another 30 minutes and another 30 minutes.
5. Just when it seems that the people might have stolen the car, it finally came back.
6. Finally got behind the wheel!!
7. It looked even better this time around then when i first saw it in the showroom. It was a white W8 FWD.
8. Was totally impressed by the power delivery, just never seemed to run out, pulled like a bull even in the 4th and 5th gears.
9. Gearshift was a bit notchy, especially the first, second and reverse gears. But not something that i couldn't live with.
10. The rear view from the RVM is totally useless. Infact i think even the side view mirrors had some blind spots (did anyone else feel that?)
11. Fit and finish was pretty great. Yes there are some bits that could be better but again, for me personally, it wasn't even that noticeable.
12. Brakes and clutch need a li'l getting used to. I felt both of them had too much travel.
13. The sound system is just about average.
14. The middle row is pretty comfy. Especially with the reclining bit.
15. The driver seat is quite comfortable as well. I'm 6 ft tall and that's not something that i'm used to. Thought the steering wheel should "telescope" just a li'l more for me to be totally comfortable though.

Oh slightly off topic, I've been told an on road price of Rs 1322404 in Gurgaon. Is that inline with everyone else too?
Also if i take insurance from outside, how much would i save? The price quoted by the dealer is 45804.

Thanks!
Old 25th October 2011, 18:11   #652
Senior - BHPian

A little OT on a TD thread, but this deserves a special mention here -

We received a gift pack from M&M today with a box of sweets and crackers wishing us a happy diwali. We currently own our 2nd scorpio VLX in our family and all through our ownership period M&M customer care has just been terrific. The product may have its shortcomings, but the customer care of M&M is really top notch, much better than some big MNC's.

I'm mightly impressed with this gesture from M&M making an ordinary customer like me feel very special. Kudos M&M, keep it up.

Last edited by bala80 : 25th October 2011 at 18:12.
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2011, 18:30   #653
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_sage View Post
Hi All,

Today I finally got a chance to test drive the XUV500. I did things the other way around, first booked it and then took a test drive! Reason being we needed to buy a car soon and we had almost booked the Jetta, but for some reason it seems a tad overpriced. Just a day before we were going to book it, a friend of mine told me that Mahindra was coming out with a new SUV and the rest as they say was history.

My two cents on the test drive:

1. Reached the dealer showroom at 1130 am. Confirmed that my delivery date would be on or before the 2nd of December asked for a test drive
2. I was told i was third on the list and will have to wait for about 30 mins.
3. I waited for 30 mins and the first people came back from the drive.
4. Waited for another 30 minutes, and another 30 minutes and another 30 minutes.
5. Just when it seems that the people might have stolen the car, it finally came back.
6. Finally got behind the wheel!!
7. It looked even better this time around then when i first saw it in the showroom. It was a white W8 FWD.
8. Was totally impressed by the power delivery, just never seemed to run out, pulled like a bull even in the 4th and 5th gears.
9. Gearshift was a bit notchy, especially the first, second and reverse gears. But not something that i couldn't live with.
10. The rear view from the RVM is totally useless. Infact i think even the side view mirrors had some blind spots (did anyone else feel that?)
11. Fit and finish was pretty great. Yes there are some bits that could be better but again, for me personally, it wasn't even that noticeable.
12. Brakes and clutch need a li'l getting used to. I felt both of them had too much travel.
13. The sound system is just about average.
14. The middle row is pretty comfy. Especially with the reclining bit.
15. The driver seat is quite comfortable as well. I'm 6 ft tall and that's not something that i'm used to. Thought the steering wheel should "telescope" just a li'l more for me to be totally comfortable though.

Oh slightly off topic, I've been told an on road price of Rs 1322404 in Gurgaon. Is that inline with everyone else too?
Also if i take insurance from outside, how much would i save? The price quoted by the dealer is 45804.

Thanks!
In Delhi its coming to 1265771 on road out of which insurance is 42101. But i checked outside and i was told 26000 so i am fighting with my SA to either match it or let me have it from outside. He says that i have to take it from the dealer and says that it was mentioned on the quote too, which i never received. I only have a receipt of the booking amount which does not state anything like this, so i will fight to death to get it from outside if he doesn't match. I suggest you too to do this. Only concern is that they don't mess up with my delivery dates.
Old 25th October 2011, 18:47   #654

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
In Delhi its coming to 1265771 on road out of which insurance is 42101. But i checked outside and i was told 26000 so i am fighting with my SA to either match it or let me have it from outside. He says that i have to take it from the dealer and says that it was mentioned on the quote too, which i never received. I only have a receipt of the booking amount which does not state anything like this, so i will fight to death to get it from outside if he doesn't match. I suggest you too to do this. Only concern is that they don't mess up with my delivery dates.
Hey Nitin, can you give me the breakup that you've got from your dealer.

For my W8 FWD:

They're quoting the following:
1. Ex-showroom - 1195000
2. Registration - 77500
3. Insurance - 45804
4. Logistic charge + temp no - 4100

Total of 1322404.

I actually thought it should be cheaper in Gurgaon than Delhi
Old 25th October 2011, 18:49   #655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Here in Bangalore OTR W8 FWD 1488488/- out of which insurance is 46695/-.But HDFC gave me a quote of 25000+ but dealer insists that insurance should be done at dealership.I fought with SE for insurance from outside but head of sales intervened said its their rule that it should be in-house to avoid problems during claims later on. he even said he would allot my car to next person if i am not getting insurance with them.
Old 25th October 2011, 19:02   #656
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Nitin, can you give me the breakup that you've got from your dealer.

For my W8 FWD:

They're quoting the following:
1. Ex-showroom - 1195000
2. Registration - 77500
3. Insurance - 45804
4. Logistic charge + temp no - 4100

Total of 1322404.

I actually thought it should be cheaper in Gurgaon than Delhi
And you are absolutely right It is cheaper in Gurgaon, but mine is W6 and not W8 hence the difference.

1080000 ex show
42101 insu
4000 handelling
139670 regis
1265771 total

Quote:
Originally Posted by f@lcon View Post
Here in Bangalore OTR W8 FWD 1488488/- out of which insurance is 46695/-.But HDFC gave me a quote of 25000+ but dealer insists that insurance should be done at dealership.I fought with SE for insurance from outside but head of sales intervened said its their rule that it should be in-house to avoid problems during claims later on. he even said he would allot my car to next person if i am not getting insurance with them.
WHAT This is really sad. But did you sign anything like a quote which stated that the insurance would be from them? If not then how can they do such things.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2011, 19:15   #657
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks!
The Online quote is around 40,000 for XUV5oo. Negotiate with some insurance dealers and also the direct dealers and am sure you can pull one off for around 32K (Bare bones insurance). If you opt for facilities like key replacement, back to invoice etc from Tata AIG, the online quote comes to 42K. This should be bargainable to 35-37K.

P.S: I am not an insurance agent. I got this info throught respective websites.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2011, 19:49   #658
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is Blackmailism from the Dealer. They cannot force you to take the same. Escalate the issue to M&M immediately. I am sure they will intervene.

Also on what grounds would he allot the car to the next person in que. If it is a "cancellation" there will be some forms where you would have to sign. Dont sign on any papers. Who takes "verbal" statements these days.

Dealer cannot enforce his policies to his customers. We are his customer and we are not applying for a job at the dealer. If I have a personal policy, that i will make payment only after 1 year of ownership, will the dealer agree to that ? definetly not. Secondly, If the dealer quotes 90,000/- for insurance, he cannot force it to take it from him.

Ask the dealer to give it in writing and tell him you would initiate action in consumer forums / M&M / Press. I am sure he cannot / will not do that. He is trying to play a phsycology game on you of threatening to sell the car to someone else.

P.S: This might sound cheap, but i have used this on a couple of occassions and has worked in my favour. If you have a VideoCam or even a digicam that takes video, take it to the dealer and ask them to tell on camera that insurance is compulsory from the dealer and if not they will sell the booking to the next one in the queue. Also ask them for a insurance quote split (In Writing) and take a pintout of quotes from Policybazaar.com. This is to show they are overcharging and also forcing you get cheated with them. (similar to overpricing popcorn at movie theaters and not allowing own food inside the hall)

The dealer cannot / will not give such things in writing. He can tell such things verbally and you could record the same on camera. This is valid evidence as per anyone, be it Customer care or Court. If you take just the verbal communication, he will deny the same out-right. Once you have the videotape, his reputation is at hand, so he will agree to match the qoute or will allow to take insurance from outside.

I hope this help you. Please do update on what happens next. Happy motoring !!

Last edited by scopriobharath : 25th October 2011 at 19:53.
Old 25th October 2011, 22:09   #659
BHPian

Quote:
This is not fair at all on the dealer's part but I think they are resorting to such tactics due to low margins on the car proper. And I believe low margins are the reason why Mahindra has stopped the bookings after only 8k cars. When you have companies like Hyundai who can take 35k+ orders for Verna but still keep the bookings open, why can't Mahindra? I hope they intervene and sort these things out soon otherwise it's going to result in a lot of negative publicity.
Old 25th October 2011, 22:32   #660
Senior - BHPian

XUV500 : Insurance Quotes from Leading companies

I did some research and came up with these Quotes for W6 Model for bare-bones insurance. NCB, Other discounts can be deducted at actuals

Universal Sompo 47633
Reliance 45317
TATA AIG 43588
IFFCO-TOKIO 43588
United India 35499
New india 35499
National insurance 35499
Bajaj allianz 33413
Royal Sundaram 30189
HDFC ERGO 26839
ICICI Lombard 26529

P.S: This is just online quotes and am not associated with any company. I just thought this would help fellow BHPians to get a birds's eye view of the insurance rates for XUV5oo.
scopriobharath is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks