Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2011, 09:53   #691
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Good and detailed review of XUV 5 oh ohhh. Thanks.

Just wondering how come a same company that designed such an UGLY looking XYLO (at least at the front) designed this so good looking front of this car!

This Urban UV - Right Way to go M&M

Earlier by looking at the scoops, it just looked like the Nissan Murano. I should admit that the side and rear profile doesn't exactly do a justice to the front styling.

Wish Mahindra maintains the price bracket at this level that gives a tough fight for the rest.

Happy for one Indian auto n pity the another one(Yes, yes.. its TATA) Please replace the existing Safari with the MERLIN ASAP though it doesn't look as good as the existing one even, its for the overall package at least.
Old 29th October 2011, 13:31   #692
BHPian

Tata desperately needs to revive the Sierra brand as a soft roader and undercut the XUV500 and take the Safari / Merlin brand upscale.
Old 29th October 2011, 23:33   #693
BHPian

found this review posted on another site

Mahindra XUV500 ~ In Car Entertainment

Does it belong to a teambhp member?
dockap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2011, 00:34   #694
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post

This is shocking! Meticulously reproduced but they did not bother to read it before copy pasting, as you can see the references to team-bhp moderators.
Old 30th October 2011, 00:38   #695
BHPian

Quote:

Full copy of the review posted by manson, not even a word changed, even the team-bhp admin names mentioned as it is. I would assume that none of the members would have done this.
Old 30th October 2011, 00:46   #696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by timetraveller View Post
Ok, thanks for the information Guna. No wonder then that I didn't find it online.
Hi, did you get an expected date of delivery for your XUV W8 AWD( Sorry for the off topic quote but you have disabled Pm and email )

Last edited by .anshuman : 30th October 2011 at 21:52. Reason: Quote tags fixed. Thanks
Old 30th October 2011, 03:13   #697
BHPian

Quote:

Thats palgiarism at the highest level. Shocking to say the least. These people should be ashamed of themselves.

Last edited by C300 : 30th October 2011 at 03:14. Reason: Formatting
Old 30th October 2011, 12:06   #698
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey can't we take some legal action against such blatant plagiarism? This really calls for a criminal case.
Old 30th October 2011, 13:25   #699
MAS
Senior - BHPian

This is crazy. Mods... can't we do anything here. There is no reference to team-bhp.

Calling the "lawyers" at Team-bhp. Please let us have your expert opinion on the plagiarism.
Old 30th October 2011, 15:01   #700
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
Jaggu, If that was in Blore, most probably it was my mamba..

So next time dont forget to wave if you whisk past me
Hi Manoj congratz on the purchase but i think i might have seen the test drive vehicle coz it had some stickers on the side. Sure will give you a wave if i see your mamba
Old 30th October 2011, 16:50   #701
BHPian

Hello XUV 500 Owners,

how about replacing LED parking light with Philips Daylight 8 is it possible ?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...on-system.html
Old 30th October 2011, 17:41   #702
Zed
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya79india View Post
Tata desperately needs to revive the Sierra brand as a soft roader and undercut the XUV500 and take the Safari / Merlin brand upscale.
Off topic - but yes. The Sierra was way ahead of its time from an Indian context...would be interesting to see how the market reacts to a suggestion of a possible refresh version with contemporary engine, updated underpinnings and a friendly price tag. There might be just enough pull from the market to generate volumes somewhere between the Aria and the Safari.
Old 30th October 2011, 18:10   #703
Senior - BHPian

How is the pricing overlap between the top end Scorpio and the base model of XUV 5oo? Is the Scorpio SLX going to be canibalised or is M&M coming up with any price correction for the Scorpio SLX?
IMHO, Scorpio stands no chance in the face of this Next-Gen, more powerful, more refined, XUV 5oo.
Old 30th October 2011, 20:08   #704

Hi Mason/GTO/ Experts,

I liked the review and read it a couple of times and there are few things that want an advice on since I have booked this vehicle and expecting the delivery in a couple of months:

1. Reading all the reviews , I come to the conclusion that the stock tyres of XUV is not upto the mark as it squeels , should I change?
I feel the bridgestone dueler HT 235/65 R17 is better that the JK elanzo ? If I do get the JK , should I consider changing it? Which one would be better suited - Yokohama or Michelin?

2. From the reviews of ACI and Overdrive there is a mention of body roll and unsettled ride of XUV, as opposed to the initial reviews. I have always owned sedans - toyota corolla and skoda octavia, and this will be my first "higher center of gravity" vehicle. I had the opportunity once to drive my friend's Innova while on a drive to Goa and I found it very nervy while driving on a 2 lane winding road. I am not expecting the XUV to be as good as a sedan handling but is it better than the Innova? I got a confusing comparison on overdrive, which kind of states that Innova handling is better. Which I am kind of shocked.
Since I have booked the W8 I hope the ESP should help?
Can the experts rate the ride and handling of XUV better or worse than :
1. Innova
2. Fortuner
3. Endeavour
4. Aria

3. The Electronics in the XUV could behave funnily and I have got this consistently in most of the reviews I have read. I am prepared to face this as I believe this should be sorted out by M&M. One question though : will the electricals going bust at any point cause a safety issue? Like for example I am not sure of the ESP going bust and brakes inconsistently applied for ex. Has such a situation happened in the past?

Well these are the 3 doubts or questions in my mind right now, apart from the fact that I am happy with my decision to go with the XUV. My personal test drive ( a short one) of the XUV, I felt that I have upgraded myself from the earlier cars I had owned, the features are mind boggling and interior comfort/space is just awesome.

Thanks
Sijesh
Old 30th October 2011, 21:13   #705
BHPian

Owners of 4x2 trim, just remember that all you are driving is basically a large car, not an SUV.

Reason - You are driving a FWD car with a monocoque chassis.

Therefore, it is incorrect to directly compare the price of 4x2 XUV with Fortuner which is pure AWD offroad ladder chassis.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks