Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2011, 18:50   #721
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Dear BhPians - Does anybody have info on M&M reopening bookings for the XUV?
Old 31st October 2011, 19:55   #722
BHPian

Visited my Dealership to make the final payment for my car XUV5OO white W8 getting delivery on Friday.

The behavior of the person who spoke to me that day regarding the insurance was completely changed don't know what happened to him in a couple of days ,he spoke softly and referred me to the higher authority (might be the GM) regarding the insurance which i wanted to get it from outside.

He explained me the policy details and he told i can opt for my own insurance but i have to do all paper work etc. stuff on my own during any claim if i opt for my own insurance.

I gave the Quotes what i had got from different companies and told to match it with them and get it done .
Old 31st October 2011, 20:34   #723
Senior - BHPian

Regarding insurance issue:

As i have been putting this issue from some time now on this thread, let me update the current scene.

I went to the dealer and told him that i was getting a better deal outside and i dont want it from you, but he kept on saying you can do it as its a "rule" that it need to be from them only.
Now after the advice from members here, i asked him if he can give me in writing , to which he showed me the printed price quote which states at the bottom " Insurance from dealer only 0% depreciation" and i was like
Now what can be done? I have the delivery this week (maybe this Thursday) and i have to close this issue asap.
i have already mailed to customer care regarding this and got a mail the the sales head will get back to me, which was copied on the reply, however no response from him till date.
As for the awareness on twitter and Facebook accounts, i did it on XUV facbook but since i dont have a twitter account hence couldn't do it there. I didn't hear from Mahindra on facbook too accept from few people stating the same issue.

Now with only few days left and dealer showing this in written, i am confused to hell as to what to do.
Old 31st October 2011, 21:34   #724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post

, i asked him if he can give me in writing , to which he showed me the printed price quote which states at the bottom " Insurance from dealer only 0% depreciation" and i was like
Now what can be done? .
Hi Nitinralli,

Don't understand the meaning of this statement which you have quoted. Does the dealer form mean to say that you can avail 0% depreciation only if you buy from dealer. Suggest you ask him the following questions
1. Who is the underwriter for the dealer. He must be having a tie up with one of the insurance companies to provide insurance to you. for the sake of argument, let it be ICICI
2. Take a quote from ICICI and see the diff and ask them to match up the quote. I am sure they are going to come back and tell you that "we offer more that ICICI can offer you". Then ask them the list of value adds that the vendor can offer on top of the normal ICICI policy.
3. I think by then they should be able to come to your party, and give you either the same price or consent for you to take the insurance from outside.

Good luck
Old 31st October 2011, 21:49   #725
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Now after the advice from members here, i asked him if he can give me in writing , to which he showed me the printed price quote which states at the bottom " Insurance from dealer only 0% depreciation" and i was like....Now what can be done?
That's crap again! Anyone can print something on the invoice or something. The question is whether the statement is "valid" ! Just see @falcon's update in the below quote for confirmation. Just pass me the dealer details and I will post it on Anand Mahindra's twitter account if you want ! It's very much sure that no dealers can force the customers to buy insurance from them; please make sure you put your foot down and insist on getting the insurance from outside, unless the dealer matches the quote that you give.

Also just tell him that you have already informed of this to the M&M management [dealership name & the sales guy's name too] and are waiting for their confirmation on action to be taken. This might scare the guy and he might let it go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f@lcon View Post
The behavior of the person who spoke to me that day regarding the insurance was completely changed don't know what happened to him in a couple of days ,he spoke softly and referred me to the higher authority (might be the GM) regarding the insurance which i wanted to get it from outside.

He explained me the policy details and he told i can opt for my own insurance but i have to do all paper work etc. stuff on my own during any claim if i opt for my own insurance.

I gave the Quotes what i had got from different companies and told to match it with them and get it done .

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 31st October 2011 at 21:52.
Old 31st October 2011, 22:49   #726
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
That's crap again! Anyone can print something on the invoice or something. The question is whether the statement is "valid" ! Just see @falcon's update in the below quote for confirmation. Just pass me the dealer details and I will post it on Anand Mahindra's twitter account if you want ! It's very much sure that no dealers can force the customers to buy insurance from them; please make sure you put your foot down and insist on getting the insurance from outside, unless the dealer matches the quote that you give.

Also just tell him that you have already informed of this to the M&M management [dealership name & the sales guy's name too] and are waiting for their confirmation on action to be taken. This might scare the guy and he might let it go.
The dealer is Koncept Automobiles Ltd at Lajpat Nagar -111, New Delhi. Sales guy name is Salman Malik. I would really appreciate if you can post it on twitter account, it might help others too.

Since i haven't received any mail from the sales head that was mentioned on the auto mail i got, hence i would call up the customer care #, not sure that would help though but will still try. Will do everything to get it from outside if they cant match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-drive View Post
Hi Nitinralli,

Don't understand the meaning of this statement which you have quoted. Does the dealer form mean to say that you can avail 0% depreciation only if you buy from dealer. Suggest you ask him the following questions
1. Who is the underwriter for the dealer. He must be having a tie up with one of the insurance companies to provide insurance to you. for the sake of argument, let it be ICICI
2. Take a quote from ICICI and see the diff and ask them to match up the quote. I am sure they are going to come back and tell you that "we offer more that ICICI can offer you". Then ask them the list of value adds that the vendor can offer on top of the normal ICICI policy.
3. I think by then they should be able to come to your party, and give you either the same price or consent for you to take the insurance from outside.

Good luck
What it meant was that i have to buy the insurance from them only, don't remember the exact statement, will check in the morning and post. The insurance he said is from Bajaj alliance. Will call my agent with whom i have been dealing so far and ask him to get me a quote from Bajaj directly. If they offer me less, then will slap that statement to the mahindra SA (sorry for the frustration)
Old 31st October 2011, 23:16   #727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap

Hi, did you get an expected date of delivery for your XUV W8 AWD( Sorry for the off topic quote but you have disabled Pm and email )
Hi dockap, I'll enable the pm/email options as soon as I find it. (I'm supposedly on vacation though I've been working off and on through it.) Coming to your question, I was told that the earliest AWD deliveries will be in the last week of Dec. My delivery will be in the next 2-3 weeks, but nobody knows for sure. I don't know if I want to wait indefinitely. I hope the AWD is not 'vaporware'. :-).
Old 1st November 2011, 03:27   #728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I wouldn't like to comment on ACI's review. That said, comparing a 13 lakh rupee XUV with a 28 lakh rupee CRV is an apples to oranges comparison. Keeping the price band in mind, it would be fair to compare the XUV500 with the Scorpio & Safari on one side, and the Endeavour / Fortuner / Pajero / Yeti / Aria on the other. Amongst these, in order of superiority, the ride / handling award goes to the Yeti > XUV > Aria > Pajero and so on.

By SUV standards, the XUV500 has excellent ride quality and on-road behaviour. It's comfortable, and the handling is very safe & predictable.
Thanks GTO... that solves the confusion to great extent.

and it is quite commendable for XUV if its better in Ride/Handling than the Aria, Pajero, Fortuner and Endeavour considering the fact that all are much more expensive than XUV 5oo! the yeti being the exception here but its also much more smaller in size too.

I think it should also be comparable to Captiva and outlander (maybe) as they are also softroaders like XUV and have monocoque chassis.

so this car has better ride and handling, more features and tech loaded than any suv double its price and is comfortable, spacious, good looking and also should be easy to maintain being a mahindra... wow! ticks all the boxes there!
Old 1st November 2011, 06:10   #729
BHPian

I have a booking from Koncept Noida and I remember there was an option in the booking form where we had to tick for self insurance or to take it from dealer. I don't remember any such fine print where it says its mandatory to take insurance from dealer.
Old 1st November 2011, 08:50   #730
BHPian

Folks,
Visited Zuleika motors,velachery chennai yday to loook up the XUV.Have read so much about her that it was nearly growing into an obsession........

The following is my personal opinion.
The stance looks great form the front.
Reminds me of my SX4 very much,dont know why,remebles a big car when seated inside.??
At 189 cm height i found it a little claustrophobic with the max seat height.(Used bolero 2003-5 and since then the 2.6 crde scorpio besides sx4).
The dark colours inside make it less roomy than it is?
The driver seat height is lower than scorpio??
The SA gave an excuse that the boot door is locked!! (trying to hide the lack of space?), very unprofessional.
The gadgets look cool.Steering hides some portion of I.cluster ??
Finally the insurance part-dealer insists that it has to be through them.was shocked.
Anyways according to them booking recommences next year.
The front portion is too long for my comfort(only contessa can beat that?)
Somehow it proved to be an anticlimax after seeing her in flesh and somehow she looks less menancing in person?
Now my urge to go for her has really plummeted.At 13.13 OTR for W6 it really looks out of my reach what with the home loan emi increase etc..
Maybe someday i will own her!!

cheers
Old 1st November 2011, 09:41   #731
BHPian

Quote:

As i have been putting this issue from some time now on this thread, let me update the current scene.

I went to the dealer and told him that i was getting a better deal outside and i dont want it from you, but he kept on saying you can do it as its a "rule" that it need to be from them only.
Now after the advice from members here, i asked him if he can give me in writing , to which he showed me the printed price quote which states at the bottom " Insurance from dealer only 0% depreciation" and i was like
Now what can be done? I have the delivery this week (maybe this Thursday) and i have to close this issue asap.
i have already mailed to customer care regarding this and got a mail the the sales head will get back to me, which was copied on the reply, however no response from him till date.
As for the awareness on twitter and Facebook accounts, i did it on XUV facbook but since i dont have a twitter account hence couldn't do it there. I didn't hear from Mahindra on facbook too accept from few people stating the same issue.

Now with only few days left and dealer showing this in written, i am confused to hell as to what to do.
Nitin, my friend,

Dont Panic. Listen. I checked the bajaj Allianz site and checked the insurance premium for XUV W8, I dont know which one do you have but if you have a W6, the premium's gonna be only lesser. Bajaj Allianz is quoting a price of around 34K for the insurance, its around 33.5k to be more precise.Now you goto Baja Allianz website, fill in your details while searching for Motor Insurance and take a printout of the final page with the quote, dont buy the insurance from there. Take it to Salman Malik or whoever, and show him the quote. I am OK (and you should be OK too), if the dealer matches the quote. If he is stripping you of some 5-7K, dont leave him. If he matches, its good else you can get back to the forum and we will devise more devious ways to get the leash this cheater.

I have booked my XUV through Koncept NOIDA and these guys have quoted an insurance figure of 45K, taking insurance from Reliance which is one of the cheapest at around 25K! I am gonna take their case when my delivery time comes so you too, tighten your fist, and goto the dealer and accost him with the online figures. Rise NitinRalli, RISE!
Old 1st November 2011, 09:50   #732
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

This is just plain bullying. The printed price quotes are those Xerox sheets that the dealer himself gets printed. It doesn't come from Mahindra. No car maker will meddle up in these things. The dealer is just taking you for a ride. I would suggest you try contacting Mahindra. If that doesn't work you take some friends to the dealer and just tell them you are going to get the insurance done from outside. Let them tell you that they have cancelled your booking and will not deliver the car to you. Its just a case of who holds there ground longer.
Old 1st November 2011, 10:38   #733
mxx
BHPian

All those who are facing problem with dealer insisting on buying insurance from them, I suggest, should post on mahindra and xuv facebook pages. since xuv is a big hit, dealers and even mahindra sales team can afford to go slow on complains. Only measures like facebook, which will result in negative publicity will push the people concerned to take some action.
Old 1st November 2011, 13:42   #734
BHPian

Govt plans to impose additional levies on cigarettes and diesel cars - The Times of India

"Various options, including raising duties on diesel cars and cigarettes, are on the table," said one official, asking not to be identified."

I anticipating price raise in Union Budge.... for all diesel car...
Old 1st November 2011, 13:57   #735
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The dealer is Koncept Automobiles Ltd at Lajpat Nagar -111, New Delhi. Sales guy name is Salman Malik. I would really appreciate if you can post it on twitter account, it might help others too.
I have posted it on Anand Mahindra's twitter account & XUV 500 FB page. Please don't wait for a response from the mail box. Most of the time you just get the automated response. So please make sure that you talk to the customer care and get things escalated, especially when you don't have much time. Please do paste about this on the FB page as well so that more people view the issue and more of them respond if they have gone thru similar problem.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks