Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2012, 16:47   #1471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smopuri View Post
QUERY -> I booked a W8 moondust silver color and the expected delivery date is early Feb. Trying to change the color to dolphin grey. Any idea if that can be done without undue delay or booking cancellation? Thanks in advance.
Please call Mahindra Customer Care - 1800 266 7000 (Dedicated only for XUV) and explain your request. Whether your delivery gets preponed or postponed is totally function of existing orders for the given colors and the stock at hand. Who knows your waiting period could be shortened with change in color.
Good Luck !

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
First casualty of all the issues / glitches in my circle, when a friend of mine cancelled the booking lask week and booked the facelifted Fortuner. He was supposed to get the delivery of the W8, AWD on 18th Jan, but all the negative vibes made him jittery.
Instead of cancelling order like this your friend could have 'sold' his chance to buy to one of many desperate souls waiting for bookings to open in exchange of one to two of hundred thousands to reduce cost of facelifted fortuner

Last edited by Vid6639 : 2nd January 2012 at 23:42. Reason: merging posts. Please edit existing post if posting with 30mins.
DigitalSoul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2012, 17:01   #1472
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Called up India Garage Bangalore today to check the date of reopening. The guy at the other end (so called XUV500 experience executive) informed me that it is likely to be on the second week of Jan. He told me he can give definite information by 11th of Jan. He also mentioned that it is being launced in 4 additional cities across India
Regards
Ramesh
Old 2nd January 2012, 17:21   #1473
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smopuri View Post
QUERY -> I booked a W8 moondust silver color and the expected delivery date is early Feb. Trying to change the color to dolphin grey. Any idea if that can be done without undue delay or booking cancellation? Thanks in advance.
Yes very much possible. Try to speak to Mahindra directly and then to the dealer. A Delay if at all must be 2 weeks at the max.

Trust me there are so many color change requests Mahindra is getting. It should be just a game of mix and match.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2012, 17:56   #1474
BHPian

Took delivery of our W8 FWD in Pearl White from Sai Auto on 30th. The odo read 22kms at the time of delivery.
Am still in the process of going through the long 'feature list' and double checking if everything is working well !
Shall post a detailed delivery and ownership review within this week..
Old 2nd January 2012, 18:03   #1475
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyC View Post
Took delivery of our W8 FWD in Pearl White from Sai Auto on 30th. The odo read 22kms at the time of delivery.
Am still in the process of going through the long 'feature list' and double checking if everything is working well !
Congratulations on taking the delivery of your XUV. What was your waiting period? Did you have to shelve anything extra due to the 2012 price increase?
Please do share a lot of pictures. Looking forward to your thread.
Old 2nd January 2012, 19:20   #1476
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepSomeday View Post

Hi Nitin...who is your RM? I guess the Koncept folks have two that they appoint alternatively...Is it Anil Varghese for you? Heard he is better of the two
First of all congrats on your new beast.

Yes i guess Koncept are providing 2 RM's (Santosh and Anil). Santosh is the guy who helped me and came to my house with birthday cake and stuff. Anil was out on vacation. I am not sure who i need to follow as Santosh said that you can call any one of them. Santosh was assigened to me by Koncept and Anil from Mahindra.
So at the end, i guess we should be fine as both are good
Old 2nd January 2012, 19:24   #1477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyC View Post
Congrats ... welcome to the purple club
Old 2nd January 2012, 20:17   #1478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
First of all congrats on your new beast.

Yes i guess Koncept are providing 2 RM's (Santosh and Anil). Santosh is the guy who helped me and came to my house with birthday cake and stuff. Anil was out on vacation. I am not sure who i need to follow as Santosh said that you can call any one of them. Santosh was assigened to me by Koncept and Anil from Mahindra.
So at the end, i guess we should be fine as both are good
What do you mean when you say "assigned by mahindra"? I thought its only the dealer who assigns the RM?
Old 2nd January 2012, 20:38   #1479
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepSomeday View Post
What do you mean when you say "assigned by mahindra"? I thought its only the dealer who assigns the RM?
When i went to take the delivery, i was told Santosh is my RM. After few days got a call from Mahindra saying that my RM would be Anil. So i guess on the Mahindra's record its Anil and for dealer its Santosh.
Old 3rd January 2012, 09:08   #1480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Yes very much possible. Try to speak to Mahindra directly and then to the dealer. A Delay if at all must be 2 weeks at the max.

Trust me there are so many color change requests Mahindra is getting. It should be just a game of mix and match.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalSoul View Post
Please call Mahindra Customer Care - 1800 266 7000 (Dedicated only for XUV) and explain your request. Whether your delivery gets preponed or postponed is totally function of existing orders for the given colors and the stock at hand. Who knows your waiting period could be shortened with change in color.
Good Luck !
Hi DigitalSoul & scopriobharath, thanks for your responses.

> I called Mahindra customer care and got response from the rep stating that it's possible only with cancellation and re-booking. She also indicated that if the dealer has any cancellation of my preferred color, then it's a possiblity. I was directed to the dealership.

> Spoke with my dealer, he said he would look into this request (but no promises).

Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 3rd January 2012, 10:10   #1481
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
When i went to take the delivery, i was told Santosh is my RM. After few days got a call from Mahindra saying that my RM would be Anil. So i guess on the Mahindra's record its Anil and for dealer its Santosh.
Same with me. Santosh was assigned to me by Koncept upon delivery and got a letter from Mahindra a month later with my Purple Club card and the name of my RM as Anil. Contrary to earlier reports RM's are not Mahindra employees as Santosh handed me a Koncept visiting card and not a Mahindra visiting card. The Mahindra employee stationed at Koncept is Tarun Tripathi who is a Graduate Engineer Trainee from the Chakan plant.
Old 3rd January 2012, 11:19   #1482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero View Post
Same with me. Santosh was assigned to me by Koncept upon delivery and got a letter from Mahindra a month later with my Purple Club card and the name of my RM as Anil. Contrary to earlier reports RM's are not Mahindra employees as Santosh handed me a Koncept visiting card and not a Mahindra visiting card. The Mahindra employee stationed at Koncept is Tarun Tripathi who is a Graduate Engineer Trainee from the Chakan plant.
Based on my observation from the time the XUV was launched up until now, there is quite a bit of roll-back from M&M customer care:

> MOST (order tracking system) was promised while taking bookings and it's no more functional.
> Initially M&M contacted customers directly to provide tentative delivery dates (and managed smooth delivery). But, now they are directing any delivery related queries to dealerships.
> Special XUV centric customer care number provided; however so far I have not seen any usefulness (after many calls regarding my order). Escalation emails get no response either.
> M&M promised an RM for each vehicle; I heard that one RM for each 50 vehicles sold.

Now that the XUV is a run away success, M&M 'seems to be' rolling back all of these. I'm not complaining about this roll back, but am only stating what I see. Taking a realistic view, how practical is to have a RM for every 50 vehicles? Even if they sell 2000 to 3000 vehicles a month, they need to add 40 to 60 RMs per month!! Has M&M not anticipated this kind of volumes? OR the concept of RM is only to handle initial niggles / issues until the product matures. Once all niggles are sorted out, perhaps RM has no role to play.

One thing no one takes away from M&M is their 'skilled' marketing campaign around XUV launch! Very commendable. Perhaps this can be a very good case study for a budding marketing professional.
smopuri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2012, 12:46   #1483
BHPian

Though not sure of the reliability - but some dealer told me that bookings may open tomorrow or day after tomorrow.

Anyone else has different update on it ?
Old 3rd January 2012, 13:11   #1484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smopuri;2630408.
> M&M promised an RM for each vehicle; I heard that one RM for each 50 vehicles sold.
Well in my personal opinion even 1 RM for every 50 vehicles is also very good, ideally even 1 RM for every 100 vehicles should also be great. Taking into consideration that a XUV will need servicing/ issues to be addressed every 3 months (which also is highly improbable). Averaging out, in 90 days he will be handling 100 customers, which is more than excellent. If we consider RM handling 3 clients a day, then comfortably he can handle close to 250 clients.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 3rd January 2012 at 16:53. Reason: fixing quote
Old 3rd January 2012, 13:47   #1485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalSoul View Post
Instead of cancelling order like this your friend could have 'sold' his chance to buy to one of many desperate souls waiting for bookings to open in exchange of one to two of hundred thousands to reduce cost of facelifted fortuner
Hi this guy is a big time businessman hung on to SUV's, so I doubt petty cash here and there matters to him much.

He actually had asked me if I wanted the booking as he was on a rethink, but being burnt myself over the Scorpio I am treading more carefully this time so politely declined as I was waiting to test the waters with his delivery before I took in the plunge myself.

So for me be the final decision will come after the feedback on the XUV's delivered in the 2nd phase of bookings and the new offerings (2012) being launched in the Auto Expo (strictly head over heart this time ).

Last edited by m_upreti : 3rd January 2012 at 13:49.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks