Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2012, 18:17   #1531
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by smopuri View Post
Hi msholi, has there been any pull-in of your delivery date (from the original date provided by M&M cust care)? I heard that many xuv's got delivered much ahead of original scheduled dates (more than a month in some cases). I'm assuming yours is a 2012 model vehicle (since the price rise seems to be 50% of 50K) - have you been provided your VIN number yet?

No news of an early delivery for me as yet. Even I am under the assumption that mine will be a 2012 model. No information of VIN number as yet. Do I have to ask for this or will they provide me this information in advance .
Old 5th January 2012, 18:21   #1532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank123 View Post
Hey guys I will be getting my xuv tommorow. Can someone check the vin for me c6a70175 . They claim it to be a 2012 model and are therefore charging me 25k extra. Just went for a look at the stockyard and the xuv looked fantastic. Will be uploding few pics soon.
Really appreciate your help.
Hi Mayak,

Congrats on getting the delivery finally , am sure you shall sleep with great difficulty tonight. Which colour and model?? BTW, when did u make the booking and made the final payment? I have also booked at Sterling and made the full payment on Tuesday. Now awaiting for confirmation of my delivery date.
Old 5th January 2012, 19:25   #1533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepSomeday View Post
Thats what I did, I think...kept it pressed so the speed kept increasing. It did not feel gradual though

I still feel extending the horn button (that we use more often) till there and placing CC controls a little higher would work better (for me atleast). But yes, its about getting used to these things as they are. I for sure havent pressed it again (accidentally or otherwise) since then !!

Yes I relate to this as I do at times inadvertently press the cruise 'set' button with the inside of my palm when steering, I press the set button inadvertently when driving, fortunately, both + and - are pressed at the same time so I get by. I wonder how kindly my XUV is taking to this habit of mine !!however, the good thing is that engaging the cruise needs a bit of precision - you of course have to press the top end of the '+' button and the chances that you'll do that are real but remote. It has happened with me too, but the break pedal is also applied no sooner I detect the speed increase which is very gradual indeed.The cruise set button I think is very conveniently placed, personally, couldn't have thought of any other placement more convenient.Its perhaps that convenience causing that rare risk.The other safety aspect is that it will not engage at less than 20km per hour, so in slow moving traffic, there is no threat anyway.
Pilot77in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2012, 19:49   #1534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalSoul View Post
Yes C6A is indeed a 2012 model.
Decoding for this as below -
C = 2012
6 = Chakan
A = January
70175 = Serial Number
thanks digital soul for the quick confirmation. i still wonder how is it possible to manufacture 2012 vehicle and get it to stockyard by 3rd jan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyb View Post
Hi Mayak,

Congrats on getting the delivery finally , am sure you shall sleep with great difficulty tonight. Which colour and model?? BTW, when did u make the booking and made the final payment? I have also booked at Sterling and made the full payment on Tuesday. Now awaiting for confirmation of my delivery date.
thanks mate.i had booked a w8 black probably on 6th oct( i don't exactly remember the date).i am yet to make the full payment. the loan amount is supposed to be released by tommorow and the balance will be paid couple of hours before delivery. though they insist on early payment but it is not at all a necessity. they tried to force me to deposit full amount by 10 dec but i made sure not to pay before the vehicle arrives at stock yard.

i am attaching few pics of xuv from stockyard.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-20120105-16.13.35.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-20120105-16.13.21.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-20120105-16.15.06.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-20120105-16.13.44.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-20120105-16.13.57.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-20120105-16.14.19.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-20120105-16.14.57.jpg  

Last edited by mayank123 : 5th January 2012 at 19:59.
Old 5th January 2012, 19:57   #1535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalSoul View Post
Yes C6A is indeed a 2012 model.
Decoding for this as below -
C = 2012
6 = Chakan
A = January
70175 = Serial Number
Some one help me understand please. Its just 3 working days in 2012 and a 2012 XUV already reaches a stockyard ? Or is it that Mahindra does not want to loose the increased price (and started issuing 2012 VIN from December 2011 itself) ?
Old 5th January 2012, 20:15   #1536
Senior - BHPian

Adding to the debate of CC location, i feel voice control button most irritating. Most of the time my palm touches that button and this lady starts shouting

Solution: I have permanently disengaged it by asking my RM to do so when i went for the tank leak. Now world seems better. That is the most useless feature in XUV (or to say any other car that may have i.e, new fiesta).
Old 5th January 2012, 20:58   #1537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshooli View Post
No news of an early delivery for me as yet. Even I am under the assumption that mine will be a 2012 model. No information of VIN number as yet. Do I have to ask for this or will they provide me this information in advance .
Here is what I heard from a colleague who booked at SKS.

> The dealer is waiting for a manifest from M&M (in the next few days) to clear ALL backlogs before end of Jan.
> Once they receive the manifest, all remaining 1st lot customers will be informed of their committed delivery dates.

The dealer SKS (in December) told me that they would inform at least 20 days before committed delivery date. However, I have not heard yet (my tentative delivery date is Feb 8). So, I'm expecting a call anytime now. Will update the forum once I hear from the dealer. Recently I requested a color change - so my W8 delivery 'may' be delayed !?!
Old 5th January 2012, 22:32   #1538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charan View Post
Some one help me understand please. Its just 3 working days in 2012 and a 2012 XUV already reaches a stockyard ? Or is it that Mahindra does not want to loose the increased price (and started issuing 2012 VIN from December 2011 itself) ?
Even I had this doubt while posting the decoding but then I did not bring it up for two reasons -
1. There is no point in putting this doubt in purchaser's mind as nobody can take any objection about the mfg year and month in future. This extra 25k would payoff in terms of higher resale value in future... so let the buyer enjoy the beast now!
2. Having said that - I don't think Brand Mahindra would play any cheap tactics for just 25K. So it could be a case of this cheetah got manufactured on 1st Jan and got transported immediately in the process of super-expediting the deliveries of existing bookings.
Old 5th January 2012, 23:39   #1539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalSoul

Even I had this doubt while posting the decoding but then I did not bring it up for two reasons -
1. There is no point in putting this doubt in purchaser's mind as nobody can take any objection about the mfg year and month in future. This extra 25k would payoff in terms of higher resale value in future... so let the buyer enjoy the beast now!
2. Having said that - I don't think Brand Mahindra would play any cheap tactics for just 25K. So it could be a case of this cheetah got manufactured on 1st Jan and got transported immediately in the process of super-expediting the deliveries of existing bookings.
I dont see any possibility that it was manufactered in january as I had recieved a call from mahindra regarding dispatch of vehicle which left the plant around 26 dec.
I have a feeling that the vehicle manufactured in last couple of weeks of the year are given vin for the next year as to account for transit period.
Old 6th January 2012, 07:51   #1540
BHPian

Guys any info on booking opening dates?

I am planning to book moon dust silver w8 . I have not seen it in real.

Guys inputs please.

Thanks,
Krishna
Old 6th January 2012, 10:04   #1541
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnathanthri View Post
Guys inputs please.
I strongly suggest you to take a look at all the available colors (not in pictures but in metal) before you book.

I booked a silver W8 as it's a very safe color to hide any scratches (my current Esteem is a living example for me), but have changed mind after seeing grey in metal.
Old 6th January 2012, 10:30   #1542
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Should be opening anytime soon! Early Jan was my understanding.

The Silver, followed by Grey followed by Amazon Green are easily the best colours available for this beast!

Quote:

Guys inputs please.

Thanks,
Krishna
Old 6th January 2012, 15:39   #1543
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks,
Krishna
Initially the bookings were supposed to open on jan 15th but heard they are postponing them to Jan 28th since they have not been able to clear the current backlog.
Old 6th January 2012, 20:51   #1544
BHPian

Can anyone tell me the ex showroom rate in chennai now ? Iam expecting delivery around 11th. I feel Iam taken for a ride. Initial quote today was:
Ex showroom - 13,62000/-
Reg. - 214300/-
Ins - 52,707/-
After a shocked inquiry they gave me a discount :-O as follows:
Ex showroom - 13,34691/-
Reg - 210204/-
Ins - 51723/-

Now, I have to start pressurising to get insurance from outside, since they want me to take it there only. I think the Tax is 10 % of ex showroom, Iam not sure how they arrived at their figure. Temp.Reg is 2% of the tax amount if Iam right. All this Iam not sure whether its a 2012 model.

P.S - This is for W8 AWD

Last edited by drjones : 6th January 2012 at 20:56. Reason: Addition of information
Old 7th January 2012, 12:36   #1545
BHPian

Looks like there is some marketing night mares happening for all SUVs.

Look at what XUV think tank has come up for the Auto Expo 2012.

Anand Mahindra interacting with a Cheetah !!!! Pretty shoddy job IMHO.

And this is in their FB page

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks